Message Boards

Topic : Stay At Home Moms

Number of Replies: 913
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 01:39:02 pm
Author : dataimport
Being able to stay home with your child can be very rewarding, but do you sometimes crave adult interaction? Chat with other SAHMs, share advice, support, tips, ideas, and enjoy a little break from the kids.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 4, 2005, 2:35 pm CST

gdh

Quote From: txs_wis

I have tried to reply twice to your post on this subject but for some reason it keeps disappearing.  I do have info I can share with you.  I guess goto my profile and get my email addy from there.  i'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. 

gdh, wisconsin 

Hi i used to post on here.  Would you mind if I emailed you to get some ideas on that subject to? 

Cathy 

November 4, 2005, 8:20 pm CST

Stay At Home Moms

Quote From: tcghbroome

Hi i used to post on here.  Would you mind if I emailed you to get some ideas on that subject to? 

Cathy 

Please do, I love sharing what I do.  and I do understand when someone feels it is not for them.  But it never hurts to ask questions and research it so you know what it is about. 

gdh, wisconsin 

November 8, 2005, 2:11 am CST

Study on stay at home moms

I have heard Dr Phil mention on several ocassions that studies show that a stay at home mom works the equivalent of 2 full time jobs. I would like to be able to quote the study/ies that found this to be the case  to my son in law. Can anybody help?

November 8, 2005, 7:37 am CST

Stay At Home Moms

Quote From: ozgran

I have heard Dr Phil mention on several ocassions that studies show that a stay at home mom works the equivalent of 2 full time jobs. I would like to be able to quote the study/ies that found this to be the case  to my son in law. Can anybody help?

ONLY 2? full times jobs?  LOL!  Oh, my, I should have more time on my hands then.  I can't help you with the studies but I would suggest that you son in law take his wife's place 30 days (anyone can muck thru one day and maybe a week if he gets lucky to have a good week) and see what he thinks then.  Maybe find a way to give him the regular hormanal swings that a majority of us women go thru to boot to give it the realistic effect. 

It is soooo easy to be the armchair quarterback when you have the advantage of veiwing everything from a distance but put  yourself in the middle of it and its a different ball game all together. 

Let us know more about your son in law. 

gdh 

November 8, 2005, 3:25 pm CST

Stay At Home Moms

ONLY 2? full times jobs?  LOL!  Oh, my, I should have more time on my hands then.  I can't help you with the studies but I would suggest that you son in law take his wife's place 30 days (anyone can muck thru one day and maybe a week if he gets lucky to have a good week) and see what he thinks then.  Maybe find a way to give him the regular hormanal swings that a majority of us women go thru to boot to give it the realistic effect. 

It is soooo easy to be the armchair quarterback when you have the advantage of veiwing everything from a distance but put  yourself in the middle of it and its a different ball game all together. 

gdh 

I guarentee thatif this father (son in law) actually experienced the daily tasks of the stay at home mom, he would certainly change his tune. Challenge him with this, have him to take a week off work(if possible) and to take over his wifes duties. She needs to document everything she does in a days time so that he knows exactly what to do and if she has specific times that she does certain things then she needs to document that as well for him, the week that he takes off, if there are any doctor appointments or any other errands, he needs to know those things as well. Any way, what ever the case, I think giving him just a little dose of reality might help him to lay off and start showing some appreciation for his wife. We stay at home mom's certainly do deserve a raise!!! LOL.

November 8, 2005, 8:25 pm CST

gdh

Please do, I love sharing what I do.  and I do understand when someone feels it is not for them.  But it never hurts to ask questions and research it so you know what it is about. 

gdh, wisconsin 

It doesn't have your email addy in it, so can you email me?  It's in my profile! 

November 9, 2005, 1:13 pm CST

Stay At Home Moms

Quote From: tcghbroome

It doesn't have your email addy in it, so can you email me?  It's in my profile! 

sorry about that!  my bad!  It is showing now.  I have emailed you now from my home account so it is different from the one I have showing in my profile.  No wonder no one was emailing me!  LOL!  Having all those kids sure do siphon off a lot of brain cells! 

for those of you in Canada, I highly suggest looking into PartyLite candles for a homebased business.  They are a very good and reputable company.  You have no inventory, no deliveries or quotas.  Also can provide health insurance. 

If you are in the US, PartyLite is a good one to look into but I have also another I do, too.  Lia Sophia jewelry.  its just as easy as pie with no deliveries, no invenotry or quotas.  Email me for the particulars on this company, too.   I don't waste my time with companies that are scams or a waste of my money and time. 

When looking into these direct sales companies, read up as much as you can on them and ask tons of questions.  Not all companies are the same.  You may not enjoy their products.  I sell what I like personally. 

gdh 

November 9, 2005, 1:51 pm CST

love it but feel nuts sometimes

Hi 

I stay at home, but work every other weekend out of the house.  I also do medical transcription out of the home.  i just recently took on more work and am having trouble balancing every thing.  i like making the extra money . . but it is stressful trying to work at night and early morning with a 8 month old nursing baby and 4 year old.   It can be especially hard when the baby is teething, whiich is what is going on now . . he has four but i can see two more coming in. . .any other stressed mom's out there?  just want to talk and know i'm not alone. 

Wendy 

November 11, 2005, 10:02 pm CST

Stay At Home Moms

Quote From: wendygrie

Hi 

I stay at home, but work every other weekend out of the house.  I also do medical transcription out of the home.  i just recently took on more work and am having trouble balancing every thing.  i like making the extra money . . but it is stressful trying to work at night and early morning with a 8 month old nursing baby and 4 year old.   It can be especially hard when the baby is teething, whiich is what is going on now . . he has four but i can see two more coming in. . .any other stressed mom's out there?  just want to talk and know i'm not alone. 

Wendy 

Is it possible to hire someone to watch the kids for you about 3 or 4 hours a day while you get your transcriptions done?  some home schooled teens are available earlier in the day than public or private school teens for working those types of hours. 

I had to hire someone to take up the slack in time that I would leave the house for my 'shows' and the time my hubby could get home from farming.  it worked great as they only would work for about a couple of hours each time and kept the kids occupied and out of trouble. 

gdh 

November 18, 2005, 10:02 am CST

Stay At Home Moms

gdh 

Even that wouldn't help. Last winter my husband lost his job, so I worked for 2 months while he stayed home. He told me, "I don't see what you complain about, this is easy." Yes, easy if I did it his way, no laundry was done, no dishes were done, the baby went to bed extremely early and we ate a lot of frozen pizza or take out. So, he still thinks my job is no big deal. 

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last