Message Boards

Topic : I Want to Adopt

Number of Replies: 474
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:23:45 pm
Author : dataimport
Has infertility struggling left you ready to bring a child into your home through adoption? Are you finished having kids but feel the need to share your home with one more child? Share your reasons for wanting to adopt and love for children with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 24, 2008, 10:23 pm CST

I want to adopt but...

I want to adopt but it seems like it is for the rich.  My husband and I both work and have the usual bills and mortage and some debt but we still pay well above our minimum payments and make ends meet.  The problem is that it costs so much to adopt.  I do not feel that is fair based on how many children are out there that need good homes.  I don't adopt because I can't afford it not because I don't want to give a child a good home.  I just know that the costs involved would put a strain on my finanically so then after paying all of the expenses then that good home might be at a loss.  I would make a great mom and my husband would make a wonderful dad.  We have been trying for 11 years and due to my poly cystic ovarian disease we cannot have children.  This is so unfair to us as well as the orphans out there.  I want kids to provide them a good home and teach them well and contribute a well adjusted individual to our future society.  To give back so much its amazing how expensive it is to adopt. 

December 30, 2008, 12:57 pm CST

Would like to adopt....

I just experienced my fourth miscarriage and have finally come to the conclusion that it isn't meant to be for my husband and I have to have our own child.  We are open to adoption but like so many have stated, we can't afford $20,000 -$30,000 to adopt a child. 

January 4, 2009, 10:58 pm CST

I wanted to adopt

I wanted to adopted my little angel but I bond with her kicking and squirrals. I had fear I wouldnt be the good single mother GOD made me. With faith and his power I had the most loving, happy, smiling and hugging child I could ask for. Now she was taking for me in a court battle from a man that hurt me for 8 months I never was married nor even know if he is the father. I havent seen her in a month a dont know if she o.k. I prayer that every night for the angels to send my love to her. I hope all you woman think before you hand your offspring away. The man above will help with all things. And to the one that would like a child I heard of many heart bringing children away from the violent live in the other country. THEIR SOULS AND CAN GIVE LOVE TOO. PEACE TOO ALL

February 4, 2009, 6:11 pm CST

Foster care turns into Adoption

My husband and I hae done foster care 3 different times during our 45 year marriage.  The last time was about 4 years ago.  We have 3 grown, married kids and 12 grandkids.  The youngest of our 3 children is adopted, we got her at 9 weeks of age.  The last thing we planned on was starting over with another baby.  Then came Molly....Molly came to us at the age of 5 weeks old, right from the hospital.  She was labeled as "possible down syndrome".  After a short time we were told her parents were signing their rights away, due to drugs they had no way to meet her needs.  Molly has been a very sick baby her first 2 years of life.  She has spent a total of  one year in Loma Linda Children's Hospital.  Molly is down syndrome and also has many medical issues, BUT, she is the joy of our life now.  We decided when she was about 6 months old that we had to keep her, she was our little girl.  We first got legal custody, and July 2008 she became our little princess.  Our adoption was final.  It has been a long road with our special needs baby.  She is about the size of a 18 month old, but will be 3 years old in May.  Along with being down's we just found out she has profound hearing lost.  We are now learning signing together.  I can not imagin life without this little girl.  She is always so happy.  Everyone around her feels the love coming from her.  I feel so blessed that God gave us this special child to raise and love.

February 4, 2009, 6:27 pm CST

So many children need a family

Quote From: asucatlady

I just experienced my fourth miscarriage and have finally come to the conclusion that it isn't meant to be for my husband and I have to have our own child.  We are open to adoption but like so many have stated, we can't afford $20,000 -$30,000 to adopt a child. 
   Have you thought of being a foster family?  Many children from newborn and up are out there needing someone to love them..We have 2 birth children and 2 adopted children.  Our oldest adopted child we got through L.A. County (California) and our second baby came to us as a foster child.  When doing foster care you can decide age, gender, etc, of the child or children you want to care for.  Some agencies are really keen as to knowing what families will reunite or not.  You can be a foster home titled Fosdop (foster, wanting to adopt).  It may be something for you to look into as a way to get your family started.  We are truly blessed to have our 2 adopted children and our heart loves them just the same as our two birth children.  I wish you the best .  Don't give up, they are worth the sweat and tears.

February 17, 2009, 7:14 pm CST

need some advice

my husband and i have been together for 10 years married for two yaers we have two childeren together  i have one older child that is not his  my son had me changed his name to his stepdads last name  and he hasn't seen his brith father since he was 5 years old he wants his stepdad to adopt him  but in the state of ohio a felon can not adopt a child do you know of any states that will allow him to  we are even willing to move out of this state because they really want this to happen my son only feels that his dad is his only dad he don't want anything to do with his birth father

February 23, 2009, 9:35 pm CST

Adopting an older child(ren)

Hi.
I am in the process of adopting two sisters from foster care and I am very hopeful for their future and for my own as their mother. Their ages are 3 and 7 and while I am well aware of their needs and sometimes wonder if I will be able to meet all of them adequately, I know I am going to spend my life trying to do just that. As a single mom, I always wanted to have my own children, the fairy tale just didn't happen. So I looked into alternatives and I decided that I wanted to do more than just nuture, I wanted to help heal. There are so many kids in the United States that are in foster care and need homes. These kids have real issues and the reality is that the social service system is failing most of them. I recently saw a 20/20 special on kids with RAD that focused on adopting children from overseas. Do you realize that many of the children in the foster care system in the United States have RAD or at the very least, AD. We look outside of our borders and point fingers, when we should be addressing the issues of our own children in the United States. I am trying to do that by adopting these two girls who do have special needs. I know things will be different for me. I know the dream of a typical family will not necessarily be part of my future. I have decided that I want to do this for the kids. It may seem selfless, but it is not. I am hoping for a good relationship that will fill the part of me that longs to be a mom and a nurturer. If I could afford it, I would adopt more special needs kids because the need is so great. I encourage everyone to consider adopting through foster care. It is not easy. It is a challenge and it could be the greatest challenge and the best challenge of your life. Thanks for listening.

February 26, 2009, 9:44 am CST

wanting a child and cant get one

My husband and I have been married for three years. We have three beautiful girls. Two are from my former marriage and the other from his. We were unable to have children togerther due to female medical problems I had.  We want another baby so bad I cry everynight begging God to somehow to send me one. We have looked into trying to adopt, but we cannot afford to pay 20,000-30,000. If I had it I would do it tommorow, but I cant.  We have a wonderful family with lots of love and big hearts just waiting for a child. I just wonder why and how they can charge that kind of money for a child. There are so many children in this world needing homes and people who want to love them cant because of the money. I just dont know how to make my heart let go of wanting a child.

March 2, 2009, 7:42 pm CST

you should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote From: txwildflower65

I couldn't agree with you more!  It 's like..."oh well we can't have our own natural child so we will just SETTLE for adopting one! 
we can't have children of our own, and we are not settling. I can decide not to adopt, but I choose to care for a child. This child will be loved, unlike some people who makes a mistake, and wish they didn;t get pregnant, or goes and kills their babies. So you tell me who would be the better parent.

March 24, 2009, 3:23 pm CDT

Looking To Adopt a Baby

We are a loving established professional couple who are starting the journey of private adoption.  We have a lovely neighborhood and so much love to give  a child.    Please pray for us and any help would be appreciated! 

First | Prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | Next | Last