Message Boards

Topic : I Want to Adopt

Number of Replies: 474
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:23:45 pm
Author : dataimport
Has infertility struggling left you ready to bring a child into your home through adoption? Are you finished having kids but feel the need to share your home with one more child? Share your reasons for wanting to adopt and love for children with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 26, 2008, 7:09 am CDT

In the same boat

Quote From: hurryb42late

I have made a poor decision of getting pregnant by someone who is not responsible.  I already have two children.  It is real easy to schedule an abortion but much harder to forget.  Is anyone interested in taking over my rights as a parent?  I am willing to give up my baby at birth.  I am sorry but the baby is african american or black.  My other children are beautiful, my daughter gets the most complements on how pretty she is, I myself am very pretty and education (I have a BA degree).  I am unable to take on another child and truly want him or her to have a good life.  I will find out the sex and actual due date within the next two weeks.  Thank you for looking. 

Hello, there.

First of all, I commend you for choosing adoption over abortion.  You are giving the baby a chance to live, just not with you.  (That's what I tell people, I'm a soon-to-be birth mom.)  Abortion is a horrible choice, and there are plenty of families who cannot have children of their own who would to take yours home.

Listen, don't apologize for the race of the baby;  I think race is not as big a deal today as it once was. If it happens to be a big deal to somebody, then do you really want somebody like that to raise your child?  I wouldn't, personally.  The only thing about the baby being of a different race than the adoptive parents is that people will be able to tell more readily that the child is indeed adopted, that's all.  I don't know much about adoptive parents, but I would imagine that the adoption is infromation that they would readily volunteer anyway - with pride.  "Our son/daughter is adopted and we couldn't be more blessed."  They would say something like this whether the baby looked like them or not.  Truth be known, there is a high possibility that my baby may be half-Hispanic; I am white.  So the birth family I've chosen must not care because the issue never comes up.  For me there is more of a paternity issue and the legal risks associated with that. 

I have gone through the same feelings you are going through about "making a poor decision" and all that - still am.  But you know what?  As long as you are doing something positive to rectify the situation (and you are!) then don't beat yourself up.  People have told me not to, so I will say the same thing to you. 

If you don't find anybody here who wants your baby, try Bethany Christian Services.  They are the agency I'm using for my adoption.  They are fantastic at what they do.  Not only do they do their best to find the best family for you but they are completely open and honest about the whole process - including the fact that you will grieve the loss of this baby, or rather, the loss of the opportunity to parent this baby.  Still not the same grief you experience with abortion, but very "watered down."  I haven't given birth yet, but I imagine it's about the same kind of grief that you would experience if your best friend moved away, like 1,000 miles and you know you would only be able to talk via letters and pictures.  If you could handle that situation, then you could handle adoption.  Of course every situation is different and every adoptive family is different, so I've only given you a very general picture of what you might experience.  If you want to e-mail me or talk to me about more adoption stuff, please do, 'cause like I said, I'm almost finished.  I've been there, done that.  :-)  

I hope this post helps you and gives you some encouragement.  God bless you for choosing life for this child, and on top of that, thinking about what living situation would be best for this child.  I'll say a little prayer for you.

Tracy

September 8, 2008, 8:43 pm CDT

Please Let us help

I have made a poor decision of getting pregnant by someone who is not responsible.  I already have two children.  It is real easy to schedule an abortion but much harder to forget.  Is anyone interested in taking over my rights as a parent?  I am willing to give up my baby at birth.  I am sorry but the baby is african american or black.  My other children are beautiful, my daughter gets the most complements on how pretty she is, I myself am very pretty and education (I have a BA degree).  I am unable to take on another child and truly want him or her to have a good life.  I will find out the sex and actual due date within the next two weeks.  Thank you for looking. 
 Hello, my name is Heather. My husband Caleb, and I have been married for 6 years. Caleb is in the US Army, and I am a funds specialst for ADP. We have been trying to conceive for over 4 years, we are very willing to adopt. We just want to be parents so bad. We are not rich or poor, we are an average couple. We are very involved with our families. We have 5 nieces and 3 nephews, that would love to have more cousins to play with. Please contact me if you think we would be right for you.

September 10, 2008, 12:25 pm CDT

I Want to Adopt

My husband and I would be very interested in adopting your sweet baby. My husband and i have been married for 6 years and have a 4 year old litlte boy who would have to be a big brother.

September 11, 2008, 8:19 pm CDT

I Want to Adopt

Quote From: hmchristen

My husband and I would be very interested in adopting your sweet baby. My husband and i have been married for 6 years and have a 4 year old litlte boy who would have to be a big brother.
My husband and I are unable to have childen ourselves and adopting your baby would be a blessing to us. We are currently Foster Parents and we are raising two of our nephews right now. We love them like pur own children we just wish we could adopt them. Right now their futures are in the hands of DHS. We are financially able to care for a baby, my husband works very hard to make sure his family is cared for. Myself, I'm in college working towards my BA in Human Services and BA in Sociology. I hope to hear from you. If you'd like anymore information please email me at aprilswanson16@yahoo.com Thank you Sincerly,April

September 11, 2008, 8:44 pm CDT

It would be a dream come true for us

I'm not sure if I posted my message correctly the first time I tried this, so I'll try again. My husband and I have been married seven years now and we are unable to have children. This was heartbreaking for us. My husband has one son, and I love him as he was my own, I just wish we could have more children. So we became Foster Parents/adoptive parents three years ago in hopes to be able to adopt children.So far we have not been successful yet. Every since I was 18-20 years old I dreamed of the day I would have children. I got married and we've tried seven long years now. I would just like you to know that race would never be a factor in our love for your baby. One of our nephews is African American and his race would never change the love we have for him. His will be four years old in December and we have cared for him since he was * months old .We are not sure what we will do if or when he returns to his parents. I would be greatful if you would want us to adopt your baby, please feel free to ask us anything we'd like, our emil is aprilswanson@yahoo.com . Please contact us Sincerly April

September 11, 2008, 9:12 pm CDT

have you found a family for your baby

Quote From: stucker1988

Hello Daniella,
           this is something sad to tell you but i got no choice.Hello,
   t.Has it ever occurred to you that the people whom you taught will be by your side in times of trouble are the one who fail you the most?Have you ever been in total confusing that is you do not know to who to turn to?a desperate woman seeking for a man coverage who in return has a fruit from the Lord very sweet and tender that is a bouncing baby boy.A child that comes when the mother is incapable of giving him the best of time,the best he deserves.That is me.
  I know you will be asking then what happened that i am about to give this child for adoption.It has been the hardest decision i have ever made in my life.I am a Canadian of Nationality but Presently in Cameroon.I was first in Sudan where we were on tour when suddenly  the war in Darfur  a region in Sudan broke out and we had to fleet away.So we landed in Cameroon.We were six but four found their way back and two of us was left here because the person who was left with me promised me a lot of love.So together we had  little money that kept us alive.I never told my parents back there in Canada what happened and they lost trace of me because i was blind folded by love that did not last as i taught.The guy who was with me impregnated me and denied total custody of the pregnancy .I was left alone in the middle of nowhere between total strangers .What a cruel world with cruel people.So trying to get in contact with my parents back in Canada who later found that i was pregnant,they said i should abort the child which is a thing i will never and has never planned to do in entire life.So they said let it be that way because if i do not obey them then i should not count on them,so i decided to give birth to the child and find him a good and caring home before i get back to my parents.
  The child is now 7 months old because when i gave birth to him,i deposited in an adoption agency who was not really good for him because there was only blacks as children.So a man who is a barrister and knows my parents very well decided to housed me and the child till i find a good and caring for him.And he proposed to help me do all the legal procedures if anyone is interested in adopting the child.I am 18 years old and my child name is Bradley.
I will be more than happy if you are the God sent to me and my child especially my child.I have a lawyer who will take car of everything.
  Are you willing to take him as your own child?

Have you found a family to adopt your baby ? If you are still looking please email us at aprilswanson@yahoo.com. We are a wonderful, loving ,caring Foster/Adoptive parents that are unable to have our own children and would be greatful and blessed to adopt your son. Sincerly April

September 11, 2008, 10:08 pm CDT

for those who feel adoption is stealing a child from the mother

SO IF A MOTHER DROPS HER CHILD ON YOUR DOOR STEP WHAT WOULD YOU DO ? SHOULD WE NOMINATE HER FOR THE MOTHER OF THE YEAR AWARD? I GUESS I'M A LITTLE CONFUSED IN YOUR WAY OF THINKING. IF EVERYONE THOUGHT LIKE YOU OUR FUTURE CHILDREN WOULD NOT EXSIST.  HAVE YOU EVER TALKED TO A GROUP OF FOSTER OR ADOPTED CHILDREN? I THINK NOT, CAUSE IF YOU HAD YOU MIGHT HAVE A BETTER VIEW ON THIS SUBJECT? I AM A FOSTER / ADOPTIVE MOM AND IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THE TRUAMA THESE KIDS HAVE DELT WITH AND WHAT  A DIFFERENCE  WE MAKE IN THEIR LIVES YOU MIGHT CHANGE YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I DON'T CONSIDER IT STEALING A CHILD FROM A MOTHER WHEN THE MOTHER IS THE ONE WHO S TO BLAME FOR THE LOSE OF HER CHILD AND WHY SHOULD A CHILD BBE NEGLECTED BY THEIR OWN MOTHER IF SHE REALLY LOVES THEM WHY IS SHENOT DOING ALL SHE CAN TO KEEP THE STATE FROM REMOVING THEM???????????????????????????????

September 12, 2008, 4:37 pm CDT

some mothers do what is best

When a mother chooses to put their baby up for adoption they are doing what is best for their child. I really feel for these mothers, I can't imagine how they are feeling, but I do have a lot of respect for them because they are putting the best interest of their baby first. I feel society don't give these mothers that, they only look at it as how could anyone give their baby up, they don't look at why.   

September 16, 2008, 10:50 pm CDT

single dad

im asingle dad of my adopted 3 year old son bt what is bad about is  my x wife and her father threw me and my son out on the streeets with no where to go it took me 4 month to get aplace to live and its  it is so hard to live  and try to rais emy son and divorce too how  do u deal with that please write back thanks

September 21, 2008, 2:15 pm CDT

hopeful, hopeful, hopeful(to adopt)

My husband and I have been waiting since May 2006 to adopt a child. We had hoped to adopt a child from China, but this past Nov. our adoption adgency informed us that it would take another 2-3 more years.  So we decided to adopt from Kazakhstan, which would only take a few months after paperwork. well it's again more than 9 months later and guess what, it happened again. Our adoption adgency informed us at a support group that "they can not in good faith recommend international adoption at this time" . so now we have to decide what to do next. do we switch again to domestic adoption or do we hang  in there and wait to see what happens?????? We are so frustrated, sad ,confused, and hopeful. ANY ADVICE?????

We can not wait to be parents, but worry is it ever going to happen???

First | Prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | Next | Last