Message Boards

Topic : Searching for Birth Parents

Number of Replies: 1017
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:25:10 pm
Author : dataimport

Are you adopted? Have you met your birth parents, or is searching for them important to you? Share your story.

NOTE: Please do not post personal info such as home address and phone numbers, for your safety such info will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 6, 2009, 2:50 pm CDT

Finding My Birth Mother

Dr. Phil,
     I am in search of my birth Mother, I have been for many years now.  My adoptive Mother and I have come up blank.  We started looking for my Birth Mother because of medical reasons for me.  Now I am looking for my Daughter's Medical situations as well. 
     Over a year ago my 6 yr old Daughter was diagnosed with Adolescent Bi-Polar.  She actually showed signs while she was an infant as well but we did not know it.  She was having trouble in school until I started home schooling her.  She has been at home for a month now and her schooling is better but her uncontrollable moods are not.  She has been on Risperdal since October of 2008. 
     All her doctors have asked about my Medical background.  I give them a blank expression and tell them I have no clue.  Her father is not in the picture.  He has only seen her once at about 3 in a half month old.  He has made it clear that he want no part in his daughter's life.  Therefore, because of the type of man he is I don't even go after him for support.  I do know some of what his background is and I don't see much there.

So I think it lays on my shoulders most of everyday that it is part of my medical past and my Birth Mother's background that I need to find out.

I always have wanted to know whom I look like and who my father is. 

All I know is my Birth Mother was 15yrs old when I was born,  I was born at Grant Hospital in Chicago  IL on Nov. 10, 1973 around dinner time. 

April 6, 2009, 2:58 pm CDT

Mahoney?

Quote From: grandmashari

There is Mahoney's in Hulett Wyoming.  I don't know if they are from that area originally or if any relation to you but I would start with contacting people with Mahoney as a last name to see if any know of Robert through genealogy
Check near Cape Cod.  A friend of Mine has a Father with the last name Mahoney.  And he might be who you are looking for.  

Look for a Joe Mahoney (Son)

April 6, 2009, 3:55 pm CDT

(Attn: Adoption Angels)

I have read some of the posts you have posted here.  I am interested in your services.  I have tried to contact someone through the phone number you have left on other replies but it always comes out busy.  I have been searching for my Birth Family for may years.  I have gone through the hospital I was born at and my Adopted Mother has gone through the agency she used and they keep telling me that all the records are sealed.  I NEED to know my MEDICAL Background.  Not just for me but for my Daughter as well.  It would help tremendously!  It would help to identify my medical problems as well as my Daughter's.

I also have wondered if I am always going to remain an only child.  I hate not having any siblings.  I know my daughter asks about if she has any Aunts or Uncles out there.  And if my Family ever wonders what happened to me.  If my Mother thinks about me and to let her know I think about her and what she may look like.

Can you help me to find out this information?

City of Birth: Chicago, ILLINOIS
ADOPTED AT: 1 WEEK OLD
DATE OF BIRTH: NOVEMBER 10, 1973
HOSPITAL: GRANT HOSPITAL

April 8, 2009, 1:37 pm CDT

Searching for Birth Parents

I am trying to help my x-husband find his birth mother.  We have 2 children and our daughter is having a hard time with not knowing if her farther s real mother is even alive.  I mean a real hard time with this.  He does not know what to do or how to start.  His adoptive patents won't give any information to him, all he know is he was born in Port Huron Michigan 07-20-1972.  He feels if he could find out, it would give him some closure.  I would like to find out for medical reasons.  I am very sick and I would love to find out what we mixed up.  I have been doing research for quite sometime now, but I am not getting anywhere.  I just don't know what to do.  I would love to help them both.

April 8, 2009, 1:50 pm CDT

Quote From: mtiffb

I am trying to help my x-husband find his birth mother.  We have 2 children and our daughter is having a hard time with not knowing if her farther s real mother is even alive.  I mean a real hard time with this.  He does not know what to do or how to start.  His adoptive patents won't give any information to him, all he know is he was born in Port Huron Michigan 07-20-1972.  He feels if he could find out, it would give him some closure.  I would like to find out for medical reasons.  I am very sick and I would love to find out what we mixed up.  I have been doing research for quite sometime now, but I am not getting anywhere.  I just don't know what to do.  I would love to help them both.
He also has an older brother that was not given up, and that hurts him very much. He thinks he was not good enough to be kept.  I feel for him and just don't know what to do.

April 11, 2009, 9:55 am CDT

I am searching for my birth parents.  I was born in Lawton, Ok in 1968 May 8th at Comanche County Hospital.  and was adopted when I was two days old.  My adoptive parents passed away and it would be nice to know if I have family out there like brothers and sisters or where my birthparents are now.  I had the greatest adoptive parents anyone could ask for and a great life with them. 

April 12, 2009, 12:15 pm CDT

i really would like to fine my real mom

hello i would really like to fine my real mom i have been thought a lot in my life and i allways blame it on her because she wasn't in my life but now i just would like to know why

April 18, 2009, 10:12 pm CDT

continue from previous e-mail

Quote From: izabella74

So what area are you guys in? I'm there w/ him....I'm also a bit worried about the meeting or how they would feel about me seeking the out..

I dont know if the e-mail got to you about me trying to find my son Christopher. He was put up for

adoption at 3 days and I have been seeking him ever since I turned 21 yrs old.

I would be the happiest mother in the world if your husband was my Christopher. I am 55 yrs old

and pray every single day I find him or he finds me. If he finds his Mom or Dad, all I can say is

OMG how lucky are they... and most of all "good luck". I hope you have better luck then I.

If you dont mind would you let me know how it goes? sundee33@yahoo.com.

Truely

Debi

San Diego    

April 19, 2009, 3:00 pm CDT

SISTER BORN ODESSA TEXAS AROUND JAN OF 1950

Time to post again!

Still looking for sister placed for adoption from Odessa Texas around Jan of 1950. Could be the last months of 1949! Born "Gettins Clinic" feed this into your search engine to see some of my many ads placed in my five year search. I am still trying to post one thousand. Finding it really hard with sites going down and such few places to post in a big forum.

Mom was Inez Mize Powell she was from Colorado City Texas. She had green hazel eyes as we do. Think you might be a only child and have these eyes too!

Love and Peace

Lin

in search of sister

born Odessa Texas

around Jan of 1950

Gettins Clinic

April 22, 2009, 5:58 pm CDT

December 6, 1970 Union County, NJ

Hi,

I'm here trying to help my sister find her daughter, who was given up for adoption through Catholic Charities of Union County or of Newark, NJ.

My niece was born December 6, 1970.

To my dearest niece, if you're reading this, we hope you are healthy and happy. We understand you might not be interested in re-uniting with us. But if you do, please know your birthmother, grandmother, many aunts, a few uncles, a 1/2 brother, two 1/2 sisters along with some cousins, who'd love to meet you.

You have never been forgotten and have always been missed. And again, we pray you've been happy and healthy throughout your life.

First | Prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | Next | Last