Message Boards

Topic : Searching for Birth Parents

Number of Replies: 1017
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:25:10 pm
Author : dataimport

Are you adopted? Have you met your birth parents, or is searching for them important to you? Share your story.

NOTE: Please do not post personal info such as home address and phone numbers, for your safety such info will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 22, 2009, 7:24 pm CDT

Looking for my mothers birth parents

Hi my name is Tracie and I am trying to help my biological mother find her biological parents.  She was born on Nov.22, 1954 in the state of Indiana, and was adopted 11 days later by the most wonderful gramdparents a child could ask for.  The reason she is trying to find her parents now is that the people who adopted her have since passed and she is looking for some closure as well as some type of family medical history, as she herself has 3 children.  At one time she was able to find out that her birth mother was born in the state of Kentucky and her father was born in the state of Tennessee and they were both in their 20's at the time she was born.  If any of this sounds familiar to anyone please get back to me with any information you may have. Even the smallest piece of info could lead to more.  Thank you for taking the time to read this and God Bless you and yours.

April 30, 2009, 2:11 pm CDT

I FOUND HER !!!!

Yes after five long years of searching I found her.

It was looking for a needle in a haystack. She knew she was adopted she knew mom's name and all about her adoption. She is an artist like me.

I think I blew it! I told her to give me some time before I talked to her because my emotions were so raw. She called right away and I was a blubbering idiot on the phone.

She might never speak to me again. I am sure she thinks I am crazy! God maybe I am! I have some many emotions going on. She is a very distant person and I think I came off to clingy, needy, for her.

I see why they suggest counseling before you meet your family member lost through adoption!  

I am having a really hard time explaining about her birth father who was a real scumbag of a person.

Well even if she hates me now. I found her and know that she has a good life and is an accomplished artist!

May 16, 2009, 9:50 am CDT

Looking for my God Daughter

I am looking for my cousins daughter and my God Daughter. She was born In Pa. but was adopted in Florida. Her name is Brielle and her birthday is Feb.3 1991. She is biracial with beautiful blue eyes. She was 5 when she was adopted. We were told she was adopted with her sister Kylea who would be 16 or 17. I have tried websites but have had no luck. If anyone has any good info to share that would be great. I have no idea where to start looking. I believe she was living in Lakeworth but the adoption was handled through West Palm Court.

May 20, 2009, 9:06 am CDT

Searching for Birth Parents

Quote From: seeksis

Yes after five long years of searching I found her.

It was looking for a needle in a haystack. She knew she was adopted she knew mom's name and all about her adoption. She is an artist like me.

I think I blew it! I told her to give me some time before I talked to her because my emotions were so raw. She called right away and I was a blubbering idiot on the phone.

She might never speak to me again. I am sure she thinks I am crazy! God maybe I am! I have some many emotions going on. She is a very distant person and I think I came off to clingy, needy, for her.

I see why they suggest counseling before you meet your family member lost through adoption!  

I am having a really hard time explaining about her birth father who was a real scumbag of a person.

Well even if she hates me now. I found her and know that she has a good life and is an accomplished artist!

Hello my name is Dabney.

NO!!! your not crazy you have just been missing your mom for years!  My mom left me wheni was threee and every once in a while she wants to be apart of my life. but i dont want her to.

But just give it time and she will come around.

Dont ever think your crazy for want and needing her in your life, any kid would (i did for years till i found out how she really was)

But just talk to her and tell her how you felt for the pasy years and how you feel now...

it will all work out soon enough

trust me :)

Hope i gave you sone advice :)

Sincerley Dabney (15)

May 20, 2009, 9:09 am CDT

Quote From: buttakups_98

hello i would really like to fine my real mom i have been thought a lot in my life and i allways blame it on her because she wasn't in my life but now i just would like to know why

Hello my name is dabney.

I really dont think you should blame your mom

something might of happened and she had to leave, family do that sometime

i have been through the same thing you did and let me tell ya i wish i never found her

i think that once you find her...it will be ahrd but just dont rush into anything..

Its never easy finding the person who gave you up...i know

May 24, 2009, 6:29 pm CDT

Want to find birth mother

I am 21 yrs old and i'm adopted, so i really want to look for my birth mother. She must be either 41 or 42 right now, but looking for your birth mother is a lot of money. I was born premature weighing 2 pounds because of my mother's medical condition and the way she abused illegal drugs and alcohol and of the lack of nutrition. I really want to meet her if she is alive. I am healthy.

May 26, 2009, 9:14 pm CDT

Looking for Birth Parents

Hi, my name is Sara. I was born in August, 1988 in Portsmouth, Virginia. I know next to nothing about my birth mother, except her (at that time) first and last name. My birth father was in some sort of military service. I know nothing, other than my birth mother was 18, and very young (maturity wise) at the time. My adoption was private, and I don't know the name of the lawyer who helped with it.  I was adopted at roughly 6.5 months of age. Any help would be appreciated. I'm mostly looking for curiosity and medical sake. Thank you. :)

May 30, 2009, 1:12 am CDT

Are you still searching???

Check out my free registry site.

http://adoptionsearchsteps.com/

I am an adopted adult who has searched and found, and is still looking. In the mean time I have created my own registry to give back the knowledge I was taught regarding searching and reuniting. No one should have to pay to know who they are or where they come from. Check out my website, share with family or friends that are searching, I can help in a lot of ways, and if anything get them started in the right direction.  Have a great weekend, I look forward to helping anyone I can.
http://adoptionsearchsteps.com/

May 31, 2009, 4:27 pm CDT

searching for bio dad

I'm the 47yrs of age, I'm looking for my father. I'm originally Brooklyn blood, put into group home called ANGEL GUARDIAN Home in Brooklyn N.Y.

My father is black mother is white and her maiden last name is Rope.

July 25, 2009, 6:27 pm CDT

Quote From: hnurseo

I am an adoptee who has found my birth parents and now im searching for 4 sibings born in new york between 1966 and 1973.there are also 4 more siblings born in new orleans louisiana born between 1975 and 1985.The louisiana kids' names are Holly,Ralph,Donald and Cathleen.My siblings in New orleans fathers'name is Ralph Ricker . I have found 1 other sibling in my search.the names of my siblings born in new york  are Theresa ,Harmony,and there were 2 my mother didnt name .Their biological father's name may be richard Lyons.

Was Theresa born in Buffalo NY?

First | Prev | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | Next | Last