Message Boards

Topic : Searching for Birth Parents

Number of Replies: 1017
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:25:10 pm
Author : dataimport

Are you adopted? Have you met your birth parents, or is searching for them important to you? Share your story.

NOTE: Please do not post personal info such as home address and phone numbers, for your safety such info will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 9, 2005, 5:07 am CDT

adoption

English is not my language but I'll try to write my best. My husband was told at the age 31 he was adopted, he is now 38. He was born in San Francisco at the San Francis Memorial Hosp. 

Several years ago we started looking for information and in the way we have discovered that his adoption was not done very normal since there is no registration at the court of SF. Anyway, with the few info that his adoptive mother gave us we found a birth certificate in which states the name of his biological mother and father, their age and their birthplace. We hired a detective through the internet and he gave us useless info that leads nowhere. We have also use other internet resourses and always end up whith nothing.  

My husband is tired and hopeless of spending money without getting any feasible clue and I dont want him to give up. My husband was raised in Mexico, he's adoptive father died when he was 10 years old and his adoptive mother doesnt remember much of the process (or at least she doesnt want to remmember) . We live now in the Netherlands since 2 years ago, from here there are not many tools to continue but the internet. 

I really wish that some day any of his biological family read this post. He only wants to tell them that he is ok, and that his b.mother has 3 beautiful grandchildren. 

September 11, 2005, 3:29 pm CDT

Looking for my biological family

My name is Mallory. I live with my parents, Margret and Steve.  I am 19 years old. I was told i was adopted when i was little. Ever since then I've wondered about my family. This year when I turned 19 I was told I had two sisters by the names od Chrissy and Barbie.  My reaction was to start crying.  

I don't know what to think when it comes to my biological family. My parents told me that Lisa, my biological mother, was very abusive to me and my sisters when we lived with her. So naturally the feelings that come when the subject is on her aren't the greatest. But there are times when i find myself thinking of her and wanting to hear the whole story striaght from Lisa.   

There are times when I want so bad to find my biological familey that I would do anything.  The only thing stopping me is that i don't have a clue as to how to find them.  I don't have any last names. All I know is that my parents adopted me through Charter... in Saint Louis.  

I don't really feel comfortable asking my parents about my biological family because i feel like it upsets them. And I don't mean to because I'm greatful for where I am today and I love them very much... b ut at the same time I would like to meet Lisa and my sisters, Chrissy and Barbie.  

If anyone has any information as to hwo I could find them... please let me know. 

Mallory 

September 12, 2005, 2:05 am CDT

May 04, 1967

Quote From: mercedes

English is not my language but I'll try to write my best. My husband was told at the age 31 he was adopted, he is now 38. He was born in San Francisco at the San Francis Memorial Hosp. 

Several years ago we started looking for information and in the way we have discovered that his adoption was not done very normal since there is no registration at the court of SF. Anyway, with the few info that his adoptive mother gave us we found a birth certificate in which states the name of his biological mother and father, their age and their birthplace. We hired a detective through the internet and he gave us useless info that leads nowhere. We have also use other internet resourses and always end up whith nothing.  

My husband is tired and hopeless of spending money without getting any feasible clue and I dont want him to give up. My husband was raised in Mexico, he's adoptive father died when he was 10 years old and his adoptive mother doesnt remember much of the process (or at least she doesnt want to remmember) . We live now in the Netherlands since 2 years ago, from here there are not many tools to continue but the internet. 

I really wish that some day any of his biological family read this post. He only wants to tell them that he is ok, and that his b.mother has 3 beautiful grandchildren. 

It's me again..I would like to share more information that  I miss in my previous post. My husband was born in San Francisco, Ca. at the San Francis Memorial Hospital in May 04, 1967, His biological mother was 16 at the time of birth,  her last name is Ely and she was from Massachussets, his biolgical father was 18 and last name is Alvarez.  My husband was adopted together with another babygirl, they were told that they were twins, but they are no blood related, she was born in June.  

I have heard that are people called ANGELS who help adoptees to find their relatives....Does anyone could advise me in how to find a reliable source to search for my husband family?...How do I find and ANGEL?...I wish to help my husband to meet his bmother some day. Thank you Dr. Phil. 

September 13, 2005, 11:38 am CDT

Looking for biological parents - IL

Hello!  

I am currently starting a search with the Children's Home and Aid Society of Illinois for my biological parents.  I was told about my adoption when I was in 2nd grade.  I've been wondering about my biological parents for many years now (I am currently 34 years old).  I've finally gotten the courage up to search for them.  I do not know whatwho I will find but I would like to know where I came from.  Here is the information I currently have:  

Born: 01-24-1971  

Hospital: St. Luke's in Chicago  

Birth Name: Biological Mother wanted to name me Norma Christine.  I have not seen my original    

birth certificate so I do not know what is on there.  

If you know of anyone who can help, I would greatly apprciate it.  

Wendy  

September 15, 2005, 5:47 pm CDT

LOOKING FOR BIRTHSISTER LAURA LISHKA

SEARCHING FOR BIRTHSISTER LAURA LEE LISHKA
Posted by: custombugg
Posted on: 2005-02-17 02:16:24

I am searching for my sister, Laura Lee Lishka, born in San Francisco Aug. 19,1957.
Father Harvey F. Lishka Jr., Birth Mother Donna Lee Edwards. Harvey F. Lishka was in the USAF Presidio Of San Francisco.
Harvey's Mothers name is Edna, and he has two sisters, one of which I think raised Laura. Please contact me if you have any information, My name is Christine Dee, I'm 37 now and have a sister 2 years older than myself who would love to meet you too!
Email CustomBuggy@aol.com (serious inquiries only please)  

September 16, 2005, 4:22 pm CDT

Looking for my Son !

I gave a son up when I was 15, I'm now 33 and he is 18. I so badley want to find him I'm afraid his biological father had him adopted by someone they knew and I'm so scared that they turned him against me, with out even giving him a chance to get to know me and my family ( his family). I gave him up in Minot, ND and now they tell me they can't find no record ! If any one can help me please let me know at my e-mail  jem@min.midco.net.

September 22, 2005, 3:35 pm CDT

Amanda A Morris Daddy is looking for you!

Amanda was born on November 28, 1989 in Orlando Florida at Arnold Palmer Hospital. 

Name: Amanda A. Morris                   Birth Name: Amanda A. Watson 

Mother"s Name: Melissa Curtis Morris 

Possibly living in Texas. 

Dad's Name: Jonathan Patrick Watson 

I miss you and haven't seen you since you were 5 1/2 years old. Please contact me. I heard you have been looking for me for 2 years. I have run into dead ends trying to locate you, since you lived in Japan. I ran into Lynn here in Savannah Georgia, but she would not  tell me where to contact you. I hope you are doing well and I would like for you to meet your brother and sister. Daddy misses You! 

Email: jonathon.watson@comcast.net  

September 22, 2005, 5:26 pm CDT

A reminder

Please do not post personal info such as home address and phone numbers, for your safety such info will be removed.

September 23, 2005, 9:52 pm CDT

SEARCHING FOR LAURA LISHKA 8/19/1958

LOOKING FOR BIRTHSISTER LAURA LISHKA
SEARCHING FOR BIRTHSISTER LAURA LEE LISHKA
Posted by: custombugg
Posted on: 2005-02-17 02:16:24

I am searching for my sister, Laura Lee Lishka, born in San Francisco Aug. 19,1958.
Father Harvey F. Lishka Jr., Birth Mother Donna Lee Edwards. Harvey F. Lishka was in the USAF Presidio Of San Francisco.
Harvey's Mothers name is Edna, and he has two sisters, one of which I think raised Laura. Please contact me if you have any information, My name is Christine, I'm 37 now and have a sister 2 years older than myself who would love to meet you too!
Email CustomBuggy@aol.com (serious inquiries only please)  

September 29, 2005, 2:42 pm CDT

looking for B-mom , Born 10/07/1967 female NY Booth memorial hospital flushing Queens

My name is Samantha Adams/O'Connell....I was adopted at 15 months of age from Salvation Army  Foster Care Services in Manhattan NY......I am currently searching for my B-mom and will eventually look for my son who I gave up for adoption in 1983....Seems to run in the family....I was told that my name at time of birth was carlsen.... and that my mother was 19 years old when she had me. Also told that she was norweigen, and had red hair......My father was supposedly of  cuban decent.....I don't know much else, If someone can help I would greatly appreciate it....

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last