Message Boards

Topic : Searching for Birth Parents

Number of Replies: 1017
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:25:10 pm
Author : dataimport

Are you adopted? Have you met your birth parents, or is searching for them important to you? Share your story.

NOTE: Please do not post personal info such as home address and phone numbers, for your safety such info will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 13, 2005, 10:51 am CDT

hang in there

Quote From: tam_116

Reading this message board is making me sad.  I have been searching for my birth parents for a few years now.  I discovered my birth father is dead, he died in another province and I can not even find out how or when he died.  the agency has his name and information, but they can not share it with me.  The same goes with my birth mother, they have her name, but they can not find her, I believe they simply are not looking hard enough, nor do they care to put the slightest amount of effort into searching.   

Seeing all these people who are searching just reminds me how I am not alone in my frustration and longing.   

hang in there, its hard. i am 45 years  old, still looking. its very hard. i know my sisters and bother. we don"t even get along. now thats sad. we found eachother, but can"t even speak. GODS PEACE TO YOU. it will be ok. i have no one. my parents (adopted) we don"t even talk. its very very sad. it hurts,  stay stronge you do have GOD, hes always there, be happy

October 13, 2005, 11:28 am CDT

Looking for a birth parent

I was adopted right out of the hospital in Peoria, Illinois in January of 1964 through Department of Children and Family Services.  I have contacted them and have been told that my records are sealed.  There are two things that I am interested in knowing or being able to have known.  I would like information on my medical history due to some medical conditions that have arisen in my life.  I would also like for my birth mother to know that I have two wonderful parents that gave me a great upbringing and oppertunities that most children do not receive.  If there is any one whom would be willing to help me please let me know.  I do not have a lot of finances so money is a problem, I really need some directions.  Thank you in advance. 

October 17, 2005, 4:39 pm CDT

Some more information

Quote From: 062979

Hi to everyone.  

I am a 26 year old woman.  I was born in Calgary, AB Canada.  June 29 1979 in the General Hospital.  My name at birth was Sandra Campbell.  I just recently found out that both my siter and I were adopted at birth.  I was adopted a month after I was born!!! WOW what a shocker that was, I must say. Also its said that my sister and I came from different families..yet another shocker to add to the story!!!  Im still having a bit of a hard time coping with the whole thing.  My parents never ever mentioned a thing about us being adopted ever.  It was some other family members of ours that told us about a year ago.  I still have not talked with my parents about this yet.  I really dont know how to go about all of this.  I dont ever want to hurt them, they have did a great job of rasing us and caring for us. I have recieved a bit of information on my adoption and on my birth parents.  I would love to find them and maybe eventually meet in the future.  

Hello, 

It me again.  I just wanted to add a bit more to my last post.  I just recently recieved Information on my birth mother and father.  My mothers name is DORIS CAMPBELL, she was 20 years old when I was born.  My fathers name is DUANE HOOGE,  he was 19 years old.  PLEASE if anyone has any information on either of my parents I would love to hear from you.  It says in my papers that my birth mother was very undecided on whether or not to give me up for adoption.  Obviously she did finally decided to take that path.  I would love to hear from them or any one who might have information on them. Thank you so much for helping. :-) 

October 18, 2005, 9:34 am CDT

Finding your birth parents

Quote From: 062979

Hello, 

It me again.  I just wanted to add a bit more to my last post.  I just recently recieved Information on my birth mother and father.  My mothers name is DORIS CAMPBELL, she was 20 years old when I was born.  My fathers name is DUANE HOOGE,  he was 19 years old.  PLEASE if anyone has any information on either of my parents I would love to hear from you.  It says in my papers that my birth mother was very undecided on whether or not to give me up for adoption.  Obviously she did finally decided to take that path.  I would love to hear from them or any one who might have information on them. Thank you so much for helping. :-) 

Hi, 

I just wanted to give you some support on finding your birth parents, and this is from my experience and from the heart.  I to was in the same boat you were in, I found out about my adoption when my Uncle molested me at age 8yrs old, and through other family members as well.  I never looked liked my adopted family so that always confused me.  but never the less, I sent off for the adoption papers and found out more info, I questioned my adoptive parents and at the time they were upset about it, so I never brought it up again, Only because I felt some loyalty to them.  to make a long story short, I eventually found my family through the obituaries.  It listed my mother as a survivor when her sister died. and I just  called information and got the numbers of the people that were listed in the obituary, and that is how I found my mom.  She was like your mom, hesitate about giving me away, but she told me when she met me that there was a hole in her heart for years knowing she had done that, and if she had to do it all over again, she would not.  Hope this helps you. 

October 18, 2005, 9:38 am CDT

Hey there is hope

Quote From: gfk007

I was adopted right out of the hospital in Peoria, Illinois in January of 1964 through Department of Children and Family Services.  I have contacted them and have been told that my records are sealed.  There are two things that I am interested in knowing or being able to have known.  I would like information on my medical history due to some medical conditions that have arisen in my life.  I would also like for my birth mother to know that I have two wonderful parents that gave me a great upbringing and oppertunities that most children do not receive.  If there is any one whom would be willing to help me please let me know.  I do not have a lot of finances so money is a problem, I really need some directions.  Thank you in advance. 

All you have to do is search on the internet through the obituaries for your dead parents and find out the relatives names and try to find them in the phone book, that is what  I did.  And yes you are correct the social servicees will not help you, my case just set there for 20 years and  I kept being persistent until I found someone to help me.  In god's timing you will find the answers you are looking for.  My reunion with my birth family was good, but trust me it is not great like I expected, but I did get some questions answered and found out a lot about myself and I am so blessed and there was never anyhing wrong with me.  You have to remember that hurt people hurt people. 

October 18, 2005, 3:08 pm CDT

Searching for Birth Parents

Quote From: txkutie

Hi, 

I just wanted to give you some support on finding your birth parents, and this is from my experience and from the heart.  I to was in the same boat you were in, I found out about my adoption when my Uncle molested me at age 8yrs old, and through other family members as well.  I never looked liked my adopted family so that always confused me.  but never the less, I sent off for the adoption papers and found out more info, I questioned my adoptive parents and at the time they were upset about it, so I never brought it up again, Only because I felt some loyalty to them.  to make a long story short, I eventually found my family through the obituaries.  It listed my mother as a survivor when her sister died. and I just  called information and got the numbers of the people that were listed in the obituary, and that is how I found my mom.  She was like your mom, hesitate about giving me away, but she told me when she met me that there was a hole in her heart for years knowing she had done that, and if she had to do it all over again, she would not.  Hope this helps you. 

Thank you so much...Its so nice to know that I'm not alone in this...it is really hard, it seems so surreal still...my adoptive parents still have not said anything to my sister or I about the whole thing..I think they are really scared for some reason...they know that we know, but are not saying a word...its really tough because I really don't have anyone to talk to about this..my fiance doesn't really know what to say when I bring it up...I cant talk with my sister about it because for the past few years she has been hard into drugs and I don't want to cause her anymore stress, she is in the process of getting help and moving on with her life.  She also was molested by a family member and cant get past the fact that she was adopted into a home where she later is molested by family...its really messed with her head.  When we were younger my sister always thought she was adopted from like the age of 6 she was saying that...because she does not look like my parents at all...when I found out that both of us were adopted, I could not believe it..its just to weird.  This is something that never leaves my mind..I think about it night and day...I want to badly to even just see my birth mom and dad...I have no hard feelings at all...I know my mother gave me up to give me a better life than she could and I love her for that.  Wheff lots of thoughts, just flying out of my head..there's so much more but I think thats enough for now...thank you again for caring that is so awesome. 

October 20, 2005, 7:50 am CDT

reply to quote

All you have to do is search on the internet through the obituaries for your dead parents and find out the relatives names and try to find them in the phone book, that is what  I did.  And yes you are correct the social servicees will not help you, my case just set there for 20 years and  I kept being persistent until I found someone to help me.  In god's timing you will find the answers you are looking for.  My reunion with my birth family was good, but trust me it is not great like I expected, but I did get some questions answered and found out a lot about myself and I am so blessed and there was never anyhing wrong with me.  You have to remember that hurt people hurt people. 

If I don't know who my birth parents are then how do I search for the dead parents names of relatives. 

October 20, 2005, 3:28 pm CDT

in search of birthparents and medical history

Hi i'm 34 years old and have known from a very young age that i was adopted.  i am now married with 4 kids.  my 3 year old son was  born with sever infantile scoliosis (sp) curve in his back well actually 2 curves and they are sever.  I was born in Charleston SC.  at the medical university hospital on December 17, 1970.  my adoptive parents took me home from the hospital 3 days later.  i have searched and searched but found nothing.  DSS in charleston say that they have no record of my adoption because it was private.  the att is deceased and his wife has his records but refuses to help me in any way.  i need help.  i don't know what else to do.  i have joined most of the adoption  posts on yahoo and on the internet but nothing.  i don't know what else to do.  i even tried the emergency medical adoption search but they didn't want to really help me that much. my son needs a medical history.  but what else can i do.  i can't afford to hire someone to search for me and i can't afford to go to charleston.  not that it would do me any good. i have talked to several atts in charleston and surronding counties but they all say the same nothing will be done inless it is life or death.  i need this medical history for my children all 4 of them but specially my 3 year old son.  if anyone can help please let me know ASAP.  thanks 

October 21, 2005, 6:07 am CDT

I have located my daugheter !

Quote From: amanda28

Amanda was born on November 28, 1989 in Orlando Florida at Arnold Palmer Hospital. 

Name: Amanda A. Morris                   Birth Name: Amanda A. Watson 

Mother"s Name: Melissa Curtis Morris 

Possibly living in Texas. 

Dad's Name: Jonathan Patrick Watson 

I miss you and haven't seen you since you were 5 1/2 years old. Please contact me. I heard you have been looking for me for 2 years. I have run into dead ends trying to locate you, since you lived in Japan. I ran into Lynn Strojny here in Savannah Georgia, but she would not  tell me where to contact you. I hope you are doing well and I would like for you to meet your brother and sister. Daddy misses You! 

Email: jonathon.watson@comcast.net  

I have located Amanda in North Carolina. I plan on meeting her in a few weeks. I am a very happy Dad! 

October 21, 2005, 7:25 pm CDT

Best advice i can give

I was adopted when i was just a baby in CA.  My bio mom found me when i was 19 through a website called search angels.  3 years later the same site helped me find my bio brother in less then 3 days.  My mom found me in 2.  This site is the way to go.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last