Message Boards

Topic : Searching for Birth Parents

Number of Replies: 1017
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:25:10 pm
Author : dataimport

Are you adopted? Have you met your birth parents, or is searching for them important to you? Share your story.

NOTE: Please do not post personal info such as home address and phone numbers, for your safety such info will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 12, 2008, 9:31 am CDT

Searching for Birth Parents

Quote From: jhnfels

hi im 45 i was born in garden city michgan im looking for my real mom and i was adopted out of monroe michigan  i was born feb 4 1963  i have been looking for a long time and i keep hitting a wall im married i have two teenage daughters  i feel bad for my girls because i dont have anything to give them far as a family tree or medical i know nothing  please if u know anything please contacte me thought email   thank you
hello  i was born feb 4 1963 in garden city michigan  my name is john i was adopted out of monroe michigan  thought the calthic charitys in 1964  ive been looking for my biologica parents for a long time im am married with two teenage daughters   ijust want to get to know my family and  say thanks to my mom for doing what she did   thank you  john  jhnfels@yahoo.com is my email address

October 15, 2008, 11:39 am CDT

11-23-1984

Hi...I am looking for my son.  He was born November 23, 1984....one day after my 17th birthday.  I named him Eric John.  I had him until he was a little over two years old...in Minnesota.  I believe that his adoptive family had a home in northern Minnesota and also one in Florida.  I've been thinking of him for a VERY long time...

October 18, 2008, 3:09 am CDT

Two Brothers, 3 and 1

Unfit for granparents, who accepted custody, both boys were put into foster care.  Several attempts at adoption did not farewell.  The courts deemed the boys inseparable.  For seven years, Ms. Ramsay, provided foster care for the boys.

Ms. Ramsay, an elderly woman, had heart failure.

The boys were removed, then placed for adoption.

The Bungay's, were a moderately wealthy couple residing in Bethesda, MD.  They planned to adopt the boys, but their plans at adoption were much more than they could bare.

New prospects reared their heads, in the form of the, Duncans, Smithsburg, MD.

At this home the boys were physically abused, and finally, after three years, separated.

Of course this was against court orders.

To make a long story short, Dr. Phil, my brother and I were placed into separate adoption homes.  We could have been placed anywhere in the country.  We were not.  We were placed within fifteen minutes of each other.  A blessing?

We are now 38, and 36.  We live in Virgina Beach, Va.

My adoptive name is Robert Jason Mahoney Lee Welch.

My brother's adoptive name is Dennis Wayne Mahoney Ramsay.

Our birth names are Bobby Lee Mahoney; Born 08/23/70, Montgomery General Hospital, Olney, MD., and, Dennis Wayne Mahoney; Born 04/16/72, Washington Adventist Hospital, Takoma Park, MD.

Our biological mother's name, we believe, was Barbara Ramsey.  Our biological father's name was definitely, Robert Lee Mahoney.

Reach us at

E-mail rjmlw@msn.com

October 20, 2008, 2:31 pm CDT

Searching for Birth Parents

Quote From: r82370b82099

Unfit for granparents, who accepted custody, both boys were put into foster care.  Several attempts at adoption did not farewell.  The courts deemed the boys inseparable.  For seven years, Ms. Ramsay, provided foster care for the boys.

Ms. Ramsay, an elderly woman, had heart failure.

The boys were removed, then placed for adoption.

The Bungay's, were a moderately wealthy couple residing in Bethesda, MD.  They planned to adopt the boys, but their plans at adoption were much more than they could bare.

New prospects reared their heads, in the form of the, Duncans, Smithsburg, MD.

At this home the boys were physically abused, and finally, after three years, separated.

Of course this was against court orders.

To make a long story short, Dr. Phil, my brother and I were placed into separate adoption homes.  We could have been placed anywhere in the country.  We were not.  We were placed within fifteen minutes of each other.  A blessing?

We are now 38, and 36.  We live in Virgina Beach, Va.

My adoptive name is Robert Jason Mahoney Lee Welch.

My brother's adoptive name is Dennis Wayne Mahoney Ramsay.

Our birth names are Bobby Lee Mahoney; Born 08/23/70, Montgomery General Hospital, Olney, MD., and, Dennis Wayne Mahoney; Born 04/16/72, Washington Adventist Hospital, Takoma Park, MD.

Our biological mother's name, we believe, was Barbara Ramsey.  Our biological father's name was definitely, Robert Lee Mahoney.

Reach us at

E-mail rjmlw@msn.com
There is Mahoney's in Hulett Wyoming.  I don't know if they are from that area originally or if any relation to you but I would start with contacting people with Mahoney as a last name to see if any know of Robert through genealogy

October 22, 2008, 6:56 pm CDT

Help in finding your dad . .

Quote From: cheergurl12_17

Hi I am Amber....I have recently decided to look for my real dad.  When I turned 18 my parents and I thought it would be a good idea to do and they thought I was finally ready.  Well my birth mother was no help to where I can find him but I think I might have a social security number, full name, and birthday.  And if anyone knows a search engine that will actually help me find him I would greatly appreciate anything.  Thank You

Hi Amber,

If you have information on your birth dad, I would be happy to help you find him. I'm a volunteer search angel.  I have websites available to me for searching, and I don't charge.  Send me all that you have, and I will try to find him for you

Please e-mail me at my Yahoo address . . garnetsullivan@yahoo.com

Kristin Sullivan

Volunteer Search Angel

October 24, 2008, 8:34 pm CDT

Givenright is a RIPOFF

Quote From: searchingstill

Hi!

I meant to reply to you with my comments about Given Right, but my comments ended up on someone else's thread. Sorry!  Given Right more or less did the same thing to me. I hope more people hear our stories and don't put themselves through the horrible mental games that they play and THEN take your money.  I am so sorry it happened to you too.

These people are liars, cheats, and thieves.  I have filed complaints with the BBB, Washington State Attorney General, the FTC, and many other sites in the hopes that I can get them to stop cheating people.  AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!

November 7, 2008, 12:52 pm CST

Born 5/4/1978

I was born very tiny I would say a micropremie, only 1 pound 6 ounces.  I was born on May 4,1978 and my mom left me at the hospital.  I was born in Illinois and my adopted parent's have done so much for me.  I don't know my family history except for now I'm finding new things out since having two children of my own. 

November 7, 2008, 9:30 pm CST

Found my 1/2 siblings . . .but no answers

Hi!  my name is Robin

I am a 39 years old stay at home mom of twin girls. (They are my reasons and purpose)

I have always known I was adopted. Growing up I never had the need to search for my bio roots. I was told I was Cherokee and Seminole Indian, adopted by white parents . . . . didn't care then. It wasn't until I had my own children that the need to search happended.  But I struggled with guilt "How could I do this to my parents?"  what message would I be sending? (Thanks for taking me in . . .but you're not enough??) But I followed my heart and . . still question doing so. 

My birthmother lied to everyone, and gave no information on my birthfather ( even on her death bed). . .so here I am wondering what it has all been for.  Was I meant to be alone?? She told her two children born after me, about me (She gave them a reason and a sibling  to hold on to)- she  told them she was raped by a black man and couldn't keep me  . . And I was raised by "old school" parents - complection was /is everything!!!  I am so angry that she did a wonderful thing in getting me out! she was not ready for me then.  Nor was she ready to be a mom for the two she kept. But SHE set MY LIFE in motion based on a lie? or is it? did she lie to the other two  . . .make it up so they would understand why she decided to walk alway from me?

I feel more removed from life as a well established, mom than I ever did as a vernable teenager. My friends are my family and I am having a hard time with my siblings who think they get a pass because we have blood ties.

I long for peace of mind, happiness, and self worth I just don't  think I will never find it. Being teased in 4th grade for being "dark" and now is so acceptable . . . . .I only wonder "what if"

I'm not sure the truth is worth the heartbreak . . . .

Sincerly,

R

November 13, 2008, 7:57 am CST

STILL SEARCHING FOR MY SISTER

I am here again with yet another post in search of my sister given up for adoption from GETTINS CLINIC ODESSA TEXAS around JANUARY of 1950. Possible Black Market adoption. You might never have been told that you were adopted!!

Mother Inez Mize Powell. Might have used the name McCorkle or Rogers as well. We think you might have our green eyes!

I have ads all over the internet. If you are in search check out sites like TXCARE. There are hundreds of people listed there looking for children they put up for adoption. Mostly Texas but  a few other states are listed there too.

Good Luck to you!

Love and Peace

Lin

November 21, 2008, 8:28 pm CST

BIRTHFAMILY WANTED

I was adopted from the Cradle in Evanston, Illinois.  I was 'bought" by an abusive family, and have spent  my life trying to heal from it.  I found my birthmother, only to find out I was a product of rape.  However, she would not talk to me when I would not convert to Jehovah's Witnesses.  However, I have two brothers I would love to meet, being my only blood relatives.  I have 3 children.  I am severly disabled by Multiple Sclerosis (which, by the way, I wish Dr. Phil would address more shows about disability, and how to live with it in peace....course part of that is that  I have been sober in AA for26 years w/o relapse.  With my mortality and quality of life diminising,  I think the ONLY thing I need is to find my 2 brothers.  David and Dan Graham.  Having had a volatile background (I have been raped myself, and have been married 5 times, but have a great relationship with my 3 kids).  I have had a safe house for aboused kids for 12 years...I worked with Hospice for many years.  I am a struggling working artist, and have published poetry.  I am attempting to write my own story, but come to roadblocks because of the "issues" in my life.  I have PTSD.  I have made a success of my life, I believe, against all odds.  But, I yearn to just touch the face of one of my brothers.  Can you please help me Dr. Phil??? There is nothing I want more in my life, with the exception of my children having happy, healthy, and productive lives.  Thanks for reading this, if you do, and I hope to hear from you in some format....perhaps you could help me with closure, or....you could help me open my life to a miracle.  I have had many in my life.....perhaps I am being selfish, but could you help me with one last miracle??  Lee

First | Prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | Next | Last