Message Boards

Topic : Searching for Birth Parents

Number of Replies: 1017
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:25:10 pm
Author : dataimport

Are you adopted? Have you met your birth parents, or is searching for them important to you? Share your story.

NOTE: Please do not post personal info such as home address and phone numbers, for your safety such info will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 26, 2008, 3:48 pm CST

Searching for birhmom

I was born in Skagit washington, 10-27-1980,  My adoptive parents won't give me any info. about my adoption. Therefore I have no info. to help me find my birth mother. No mothers name , nothing, it makes my search impossible. My wife watches the show everyday and thought it would be good exposure to get my story on the message board. I am 28 now and a male

November 26, 2008, 3:55 pm CST

Searching for birthmom

I have been searching for my birth mother for 4 years now, I am 28 year old male, I know I was born in Skagit Valley Hospital, Washington on 10-27-1980. My search is difficult because my adoptive mother Julia Mancini has refused to help with giving me any informatin , not adoption agency, not my birth Moms name Nothing. My adoptive mother suggest that I will walk in a ruin my birth mothers life. I have told her that I am prepared for any outcome, but I do feel it is my right to have that opportunity to reach out and see if my birth Mom would like to have a relationship. I am married now with 2 great kids . Please Dr. Phil I would like your help.

December 13, 2008, 9:03 pm CST

Searching for Birth Parents

Quote From: roblovinliz

I have been searching for my birth mother for 4 years now, I am 28 year old male, I know I was born in Skagit Valley Hospital, Washington on 10-27-1980. My search is difficult because my adoptive mother Julia Mancini has refused to help with giving me any informatin , not adoption agency, not my birth Moms name Nothing. My adoptive mother suggest that I will walk in a ruin my birth mothers life. I have told her that I am prepared for any outcome, but I do feel it is my right to have that opportunity to reach out and see if my birth Mom would like to have a relationship. I am married now with 2 great kids . Please Dr. Phil I would like your help.
Christmas is coming and each year I wonder about my husbands birth mother.  He was born the day after Christmas in Sheridan Wyoming in 1958.  He was born early morning so I know she had to be in labor most of Christmas.  I would like her to know he has wonderful adoptive parents and three children (one he adopted at 2 from my first marriage).  We also have a wonderful young granddaughter who is 2 and is Papa's (her name for him) little sweetheart.  She has him wrapped around her little finger.  What we would like to know though is medical history.  He has developed type 2 diabetes and would like to know what else he and our children/grandchildren would need to watch for.

December 17, 2008, 10:37 pm CST

Am searching for Leslie Anne Roehl

Leslie Anne, 21 years old is a daughter of my friend Erlinda De Asis here in Toronto. She use to be with her 10 years ago. After that last visit they lost communication . Erlinda try her best to look for Leslie but she failed, she never lost hope . Even for the past years that she got sick but overcome it all coz in her mind Erlinda  might 1 day see her daughter. I can offer a help but not to go to State to find Leslie but I hope that with Dr.Phils program , He can help Erlinda ...Being a mother I know and I feel how sad losing your child.

December 17, 2008, 10:57 pm CST

searching for birth families

My name is Joe Anaya. I am searching for family members. I was born 1951 in Los Angles, California. My adopted parents have passed away and refused to give me any information reguarding my adoption. I had Omni Trace research my adoption, they gave up the search last year. Last year I also had my DNA tested.

January 3, 2009, 5:01 pm CST

searching for husbands birthfamily

I've been searching for several years now-joining different search groups. We have sent for his non-id info from the state of Va-where he was born and adopted. I have located birth mothers name (with help from search angels) but never received the non-id and haven't been able to locate birth mother or her family. We cannot afford to hire someone to search so I'm at a standstill right now. I've entered contests to get a search done, I've written all the talk shows-including Dr. Phil about helping with the search and doing a show about it and others (almost had a shot with Sally Jesse, but the show got pulled).

Basic info is : Baby Boy O'Deux (spelling could be different) born April 28, 1954 taken by adoptive parents 5 days later. Birth mother and Adoptive mother may have known each other through work at an answering service. Adopted by Crowders who later divorced, stayed with adoptive mom who later remarried, was adopted by step dad, now a Richards.

Birth mother may have been Jacqueline Frances O'Deux/O'Deaux who emmigrated from France with her mother and a sister-already had a married sister in the states. Birth father may have been a Weslowski/Wesolowski?? in the Navy?? in VA at the time, 1953-54.

Really need a search angel on this one-or a show done about it, finding birthfamily and reuniting....

January 4, 2009, 1:59 pm CST

Born 1953 Trinity Hosp., Los Angeles, CA. Surnames: Cutcheon &Smith

I am helping a friend to search for birth family members.  She was born April 7, 1953 Trinity Hospital, Los Angeles, CA.  Birth Mother surname Cutcheon; Birth Father Surname Smith.  If you have any information that can help with this search, please email JoAnne. 

email: Cmamacat5@aol.com

January 4, 2009, 5:12 pm CST

Looking for my biological sister born in Seattle Washington or Portland Oregon

I have a biological sister who I have never met.

She was born in Seattle Washington in or around 1945 or 1946.  And possibly adopted out in the Portland Oregon area.

Her name might be Barbara and she might be living in currently in Oregon or Washington State. .

She most likely is of tall stature.  And possibly had dark hair when she was younger.

Anyone following this discription please notify me as Sharo4.

Thank-you ahead of time

January 15, 2009, 3:47 pm CST

Looking for brothers

I have two brothers adopted out. One born 1960 to 1968, another 1953 to 55. Their first names MAY be (not certain) Terry Lynn and, Danny or Daniel. I believe they were born in Riverside Ca. Our mother abandoned a sister and I in 63. She had other set of kids in the 70s.  I ended up raising them. She is an alcoholic. She is currently in St Paul Minnesota. This Baby may have Phillip Walker (1933-1972) listed as dad, although I do not believe he is the father. Marfan disease runs heavy in the family. It causes sudden death if not detected. If I have died before you find me you have half sisters and nieces looking for you. They will have the same email address. Their maiden names are Welch and Howard debbrawalkeradopt@gmail.com

January 19, 2009, 1:17 pm CST

Looking for birth mother and family!!!

Hi! I'm new to this site and I hope I can find some answers. I was born 12/19/1972, I'm 36 and have always felt a void in my life. I was born at Methodist hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana. My B-Mom went through The Children's Bureau of Indianapolis adoption agency. I have always known I was adopted, I have wonderful parents. I was an only child and they spolied me rotten. I have always wanted to find my biological family. My adoption was closed so I don't have hardly any information for her. I recieved my non-identifing records but was'nt much there. I know she was 21 when she had me and she told the agency my B-Dad was on leave and I guess he left before he found out about me. I also know she had  another child and she kept him or her. I was born at 9:59 A.M., I weighed 9 Lbs. and 10 ounces,I was 21 1/2 inches long. I also know she quit school in the 10th grade. I love my family and don't want to disrupt my B-Mom an any way. I just have so many questions and I can't seem to get anywhere on my search. I have 3 boys that ask a lot of questions I can't answer. I need some help in my search, any kind of help I can get would be great, also if there is a search angel in my area please contact me. I also would like to be able to talk to other adoptees in or around my area. So if any one has some resources let me know.

First | Prev | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | Next | Last