Message Boards

Topic : Searching for Birth Parents

Number of Replies: 1017
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:25:10 pm
Author : dataimport

Are you adopted? Have you met your birth parents, or is searching for them important to you? Share your story.

NOTE: Please do not post personal info such as home address and phone numbers, for your safety such info will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 29, 2009, 12:11 pm CDT

Maybe I can help

Quote From: mrtrek

MY NAME IS WAYNE. MY WIFE AND I HAVE TWO BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER'S,4 & 2. THE REASON I AM ON THIS SITE IS THAT I AM LOOKING FOR MY TWO OLDER SISTERS WHO WERE ADOPTED AT BIRTH IN THE YEARS OF FEB. 1965 & JAN. 1966. YOU WERE ADOPTED FROM A HOSPITAL IN RICHMOND,KY., FROM MY UNDERSTANDING. IF YOU CAN HELP ME FIND MY SISSY'S I WOULD, WE ALL WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL. FROM ONE OF YOUR LOVING SIBLINGS,                                                               YOUR BROTHER,                                                                                              WAYNE

Hello my name is Karen.  I have 3 children 18,21,and 24.  I was born at Patty A Clay Hospital on Feb.24,1965.  I was adoptied at birth.  I would love to find out more infromation but am not sure how.  Please contact me I would love to know more infromation.  My daughters e-mail is  jfrederick3494@yahoo.com

August 4, 2009, 7:16 pm CDT

In Search of Birth Mother and siblings

I'm a 26 year old female who was put up for a closed adoption at birth.  I know nothing about my family other than the following, birth mother has one daughter 3 years older than me, who she kept. Birth father not in picture. Gave birth to me in 1983 in Gallantin, Tennessee. I would love to hear from anyone who may know something. I'm needing medical information for my own sake and would just love to meet anyone who may be part of the family!

August 6, 2009, 6:33 am CDT

response to Jennier

Quote From: jgalpin48428

What is your birthdate and your city and state of birth?

Jennier 

jgalpin48428@yahoo.com

birthdate is april 23. born in chicago, il

August 8, 2009, 10:36 pm CDT

Still Searching - won't give up!

I was born as Baby Girl Snyder on 12-3-69 at Iowa Methodist Hospital in Des Moines, IA - Beverly Robinson, M.D. Placed through Family & Children's Services (social worker Margaret McEwan) at 10 days old and adoption finalized in 1971. I was told about my being adopted when I was in Kindergarten and since then there has not been a day that has passed that I have not thought about my birthmother. I was never close to my adoptive parents - no kisses, no hugging, no I love you's, nothing like that ever. They are both now deceased and I do not have much contact with other family members. (Thankfully my in-laws have opened my eyes to what a "real family" is all about and have taken me under their wing.) But there is an inner connection to my birthmother that is undescribable. I can feel her but can't touch her. I need her to hold me and make everything all better like I do with my children. It has literally been eating me up since I was about 7 yrs old. I developed an eating disorder and clinical depression. It started as compulsive overeating, then to anorexia and now anorexia/bulimia. I did not realize any of this and was not diagnosed until I met my husband and started talking about it all. I have been in therapy and on antidepressants for over 18 years now. The depression is under control but the eating disorder still lingers. No one would probably be able to link being adopted with these problems but I feel it is all connected. There is something missing in my heart and I am eating or not eating to try to fix it. I honestly don't think it will ever be fixed until I am united with my birthmother whether that be on Earth or in Heaven. It is hard to accept the fact that I might not ever meet her in person and get to feel her touch but I can only hope and continue to search.

August 10, 2009, 1:54 pm CDT

iso bmom of "baby girl Stuke"

Searching for the birth mother of Baby Girl Stuke born May 7, 1973 Rockford IL, non-ID says bmom was 17 at the time. This has been a really difficult search!  Can somebody find me a match??? We're looking for a female, maiden name Stuke, who's date of birth must fall between May 7, 1955- May 7, 1956 in order for her to have been 17 on May 7, 1973.

August 23, 2009, 8:38 am CDT

in search of bmom of baby girl stuke 5-7-73 IL

In search of the birth parents of baby girl STUKE born May 7, 1973 in Rockford IL. Non-ID says birth mother was 17 at the time.

August 28, 2009, 6:09 pm CDT

LOOKING FOR INFO ON MY MOM

HI I WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM MY MOM AT BIRTH AND PUT IN A FOSTER HOME. I WAS BORN FEBRUARY 8TH 1977 IN GARFIELD HOSPITAL LOCATED IN MONTEREY PARK, CA. ALL I KNOW ABOUT MY MOM IS THE LAST NAME HOLIMAN/HOLLIMAN. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND HER TO GET MEDICAL INFORMATION AND TO ALSO KNOW THAT I DO HAVE FAMILY.

First | Prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | Next Page | Last Page