Message Boards

Topic : Searching for Birth Parents

Number of Replies: 1017
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:25:10 pm
Author : dataimport

Are you adopted? Have you met your birth parents, or is searching for them important to you? Share your story.

NOTE: Please do not post personal info such as home address and phone numbers, for your safety such info will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 1, 2006, 5:46 pm CDT

r u thinking of me today?

today i am 40 years old. my b-day. i was born in GLENDALE, CALIFORNIA. this very day in 1966. you had givin' me up for adoption because you had to! I am looking for you Ms. Kischner. If that is your name or my b-name. The anguish you had to go thru to give life to me. Do you not wonder who am I am today? I have no info on you to even really start looking for you. I need to know of you and my siblings. I come from somewhere and desire to hear from you or yours.

If you think you know me, the hospital is Glendale Adventist Community Hospital, dr. Whittaker delivered me Sept. 1 1966, in the afternoon. your family lives somewhere in Orange County California and Los Angeles area. you are of the mormon religion, i was told, i have 3 or 4 older siblings with blonde hair. The last name was either KISCHNER, KISNER, or KIRSCHNER.

please do not be afraid to contact me here or however. Just talk and enjoy a conversation.

BRENDA

September 4, 2006, 9:22 pm CDT

searching!!!!

MY NAME IS WAYNE. MY WIFE AND I HAVE TWO BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER'S,4 & 2. THE REASON I AM ON THIS SITE IS THAT I AM LOOKING FOR MY TWO OLDER SISTERS WHO WERE ADOPTED AT BIRTH IN THE YEARS OF FEB. 1965 & JAN. 1966. YOU WERE ADOPTED FROM A HOSPITAL IN RICHMOND,KY., FROM MY UNDERSTANDING. IF YOU CAN HELP ME FIND MY SISSY'S I WOULD, WE ALL WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL. FROM ONE OF YOUR LOVING SIBLINGS,                                                               YOUR BROTHER,                                                                                              WAYNE

September 6, 2006, 9:38 pm CDT

Adoptee

I was born on 3/10/69 and was adopted from The Cradle Society in Evanston, Illinois. I am interested in finding my birth mother and/or father. I do not want to invade anyone's life, even a picture and some medical information would be wonderful.

Thank you kindly.

September 7, 2006, 5:49 pm CDT

Hi...I hope you find your mom...

Quote From: azuil1

I was born on 3/10/69 and was adopted from The Cradle Society in Evanston, Illinois. I am interested in finding my birth mother and/or father. I do not want to invade anyone's life, even a picture and some medical information would be wonderful.

Thank you kindly.

Have you e-mailed show or Dr. Phil. I'd love to see you reunited with your birth mom. I mean this in a respectful and loving way straight from the heart. I'll add your finding your mom to my prayers. You might write into Oprah, Maury Povich and Montel Williams as all discreetly unite people with loved ones. Dr. Phil would be the best way (as far as on TV) as he is so skilled with all the emotional aspects of reuniting. I am going to send an e-mail to Dr. Phil and ask him to help you even if you don't want to be on TV. God Bless You A LOT for you ARE a blessing to MANY here and I'm certain there where you are too... (((HUGs))) SEA

http://www.drphil.com/shows/page/contactdrphil

September 7, 2006, 10:20 pm CDT

Hi again. I did e-mail Robin and Dr. Phil to help you and hope they do.

Quote From: azuil1

Thank you kindly.

I don't think it will hurt to post this because without your name or birth mother's name not much anyone else except you could do with below. I was hoping when I searched for your birthdate that I'd find your birth mom yet I did not. Likely, you have tried the same thing and have all the below. If not, I hope something below helps you find your birth mom. As special as you are I imagine your birth mother's heart has been hurting every day since she lost you. I'll pray for y'all's reunion to be SOON. I saw on Cradle FAQ's once you sign papers that's it. I just have this deep ache in my heart for all the mom's who signed then regretted signing or wanted to keep child yet felt unworthy to do so gave up child hoping and praying for a better life than birth mother felt she could provide. I'd be hoping and praying my birth daughter would find me and not hate me for loving her SO much that I wanted her to have more than I felt I could give her. Well, I have tears in my eyes so I'll stop. I hope everything works out the best possible way for you. You deserve that for all you have done for others. God Bless You and all those dear to you A LOT. Best of luck on your journey to your birth mom. How proud I'd be to have a daughter as gifted and poised as you so I know she will be too. (((HUGs)))

MUTUAL CONSENT REGISTRY IS NOW FREE

http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords/adoptioninfo.htm

http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords/vital/adoptstats.htm

http://www.birthfamily.com/deitrahs/Illinois.html

http://www.cradle.org/post_mcr.html

http://www.cradle.org/about_contact.html

https://www.quickbase.com/db/7c2gsmqv?a=q&qid=72

http://www.pbnreunion.com/illinois.htm

One post- adoptive resource is The Family Tree Initiative* available for adopted people who were born, adopted or are currently residing in Illinois and their birth and adoptive families (ILtreesurgeon@aol.com).

llinois Coalition for TRUTH in Adoption
1904 West Dickens Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 235-7632
World Wide Web: http://www.prairienet.org/icta
E-mail: Iltreesurgeon@aol.com

The Cradle in Evanston, Catholic Charities, Lifelink in Bensenville and other private adoption agencies now offer search services for a fee. The national ALMA organization, as well as others, provide both individual and group support.

http://www.almasociety.org

Friends of the Cradle
Linda Hageman
2049 Ridge Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
(847) 475-5800
Fax: (847) 475-5871
World Wide Web: http://www.cradle.org
E-mail: lhageman@cradle.org

September 9, 2006, 11:52 am CDT

ISO birthmother/father/family

I was born 7-7-1974 at St. Mary's Cathloic Hospital in West Palm Beach, Fl and adopted through Childrens Home Society-South Costal Divison.

I have only non-identifying info on my birth parents and families:

Birthmother-late teens, very attractive, 5' 5", 135lbs, long, straight blonde hair, light blue eyes and fair complexion.She is of English-Scotch, Welsh descent. She is a mature, very intelligent, above-average college student w/ goal of obtaining Phd. Enjoys all sports, especially horseback riding, tennis, swimming and diving. Plays the clarinet and sews.She has one younger brother in his mid teens.

Birthfather-early 20s, 6' 1", 170lbs, brown/brown, medium complexion.He is of Irish-English descent, a high school graduate working in construction, at the time.Enjoys all sports especially baseball. He has 2 pre-adolescent sisters and three brothers ranging in age from mid teens to early twenties. Father was VP of electronics company and brother also employed in electronics in 1974.

September 12, 2006, 8:06 am CDT

Illinois Searcher

I am helping my husband search for his birth parents.  He was born in Chicago, IL on 5/27/79.  We are desperately seeking to find them. He had some health problems growing up and we now have a  2 yr old daughter that we want to know if she is reluctant to have the  same problems.  We have contacted the adoption agency and they have his file but can not share info unless we pay.  We can not afford to pay seeing that we are a one income family.  We have searched many websites and registered with the state of Illinois.  What else can we do?  We need and angel to help!  or a miracle!!

September 12, 2006, 8:29 am CDT

looking for answers

Hi my name is Rose Mireles , my sister and I are looking for our birth family we were put up fot adopten in 1985 and adopted in 1989. Our last name use to be ybarra and now is mireles we like in magnolia texas and have family of our own we want to find out about our other brothers and sisters, and till our birth mother thank you for giving us a chance of life and that we still want her in our life one day

rose:born Nov. 9,1978

virginia:born Jan.281980  in San Antoino texas

birth mother: julia ybarra

message for julia ybarra

my god bless you for loving us and giving us a chance to be the best we can be

and hope that life for you was wonderful and still going wonderful

September 12, 2006, 12:02 pm CDT

STILL IN SEARCH

HELLO! MY NAME IS CHERE LYONS-ROBERTS, I AM 33 YEARS OLD WITH SIX BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN AND A WONDERFUL HUSBAND. I HAVE SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS ABOUT MY BIRTH PARENTS, THAT LEAVES A BLANK SPOT IN MY HEART.

WHEN I WAS 10 YEARS OLD MY ADOPTED FATHER SAT ME DOWN AT MY GRANDMOTHERS HOUSE AND TOLD ME THAT I WAS ADOPTED, IN WHICH AT THAT TIME REALLY CONFUSED ME.

HOWEVER WHEN HE TOOK ME AND MY BOTHER HOME TO OUR MOTHER I ASKED HER IF I WAS AND SHE STATED "NO, WHERE WOULD YOU GET THAT?" SO I THEN TOLD HER THAT MY FATHER TOLD ME THAT, SHE THEN WENT CRAZY. SHE WAS SO UPSET WITH MY FATHER. YET SHE TOLD ME THAT IT WAS NOT SURE. THAT REALLY CONFUSED ME BECAUSE I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHY MY FATHER WOULD TELL ME SOMETHING LIKE THAT. HOWEVER I LET IT GO, BECAUSE I SAW THE HURT IN MY MOTHER'S FACE.

KNOW IMAGE BEEN TOLD SOMETHING LIKE THAT FROM ONE PARENT YET THE OTHER TELLS YOU THAT IT IS UNSURE. I WAS SO FAR GONE ABOUT THIS SITUATION.

IT WAS WHEN I WAS ABOUT 16 YEARS OLD, ABOUT TO GET MY FIRST JOB AND I NEEDED MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE. WELL WHEN I WENT TO PURCHASE IT, THE COURT HOUSE HAD NO RECORDS. I THEN WENT TO MY MOTHER AND ASKED HER ABOUT AND SHE TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY ABOUT AND SHE WILL GET FOR ME. THAT WAS ALSO CONFUSING YET I LEFT IT ALONE BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT HER TO HURT.

AS YEARS WENT BY I WAS TOLD BY A COUPLE OF MY MOTHER'S FRIENDS AND MY AUNT THAT I WAS A SPEACIAL CHILD BECAUSE I WAS ADOPT. NOW THE PRESSURE IS HEAVY AND I'VE GOT TO ASK AGAIN, SO I DID, ONLY THIS TIME I GOT A DIFFERENT ANSWER. MY MOTHER FINALLY ADMITTED THAT I WAS ADOPTED. I WAS 31YEARS OLD AND PUZZLED, BECAUSE I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHY SHE DID NOT WANT TO TELL ME. I TOLD MY MOTHER, NO MATTER WHAT SHE IS THE ONLY MOTHER I KNOW THEREFORE SHE IS THE ONLY MOTHER I HAVE, YET I STILL HAVE THAT RIGHT TO KNOW WHO MY BIRTH PARENTS ARE.

WELL THAT DID NOT GO VERY FAR BECAUSE SHE ONLY GAVE ME, NOT EVEN A HAND FULL OF INFORMATION. SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE DID NOT KNOW ANYTHING AND COULD NOT REMEBER WHAT ADOPTION AGENCY THEY WENT THROUGH. I FOUND THAT HARD TO BELIEVE, EVEN MY OWN FATHER WOULD NOT GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION.

I HAVE CALLED DIFFERENT AGENCY, WROTE, LOOKED ON THE INTERNET AND STILL NO ANSWERS. WHEN I FIRST STARTED LOOKING I NEVER THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD BE THIS HARD. ALSO WITH THE LITTLE INFORMATION I'VE GOTTEN FROM MY MOTHER, FATHER AND AUNTS, REALLY WASN'T MUCH TO GO BY YET ALL OF THERE STORIES WERE THE SAME.

WHAT DO YOU DO IN THIS SITUATION? I HAVE HEALTH ISSUES THAT ARE UNABLE TO BE ANSWERED IN WHICH I FELL IS VERY SELFISH.

I LOVE MY CHILDHOOD AND WOULD NOT CHANGE IT FOR NOTHING IN THE WORLD, ALSO I LOVE MY MOTHER AND FATHER WHOM TOOK ME IN WHEN THEY DID NOT HAVE TO AND RAISED ME VERY WELL , AGAIN WOULD NOT CHANGE IT FOR NOTHING IN THIS WORLD.

IF I HAVE BROTHERS OR SISTERS IN WHICH I WAS TOLD THAT I HAVE SEVEN BROTHERS OR SISTERS OR BOTH, I WANT TO MEET THEM.

I WILL KEEP SEARCHING UNTIL I FIND SOME TYPE OF INFORMATION.

September 13, 2006, 10:08 am CDT

searching for my birth parents

I found out from my father that adopted me that Virginia Huff (Not sure on spelling - dad thought it could be Hough) was my birth mother.  She was a waitress in the Kansas City MO area and privately gave my brother (born in 1965) and me up for adoption (we were very blessed that the same couple adopted both of us each at the time of birth).  I know that she was born in 1941 or 1942 and that she had a 4 year old son when I was born in 1967.  I know that she was divorced for more than 4 years when I was born.  She was taken by ambulance to Wetzel Osteopathic Hospital for both births. 

I need some information as I am a cancer survivor and need the medical background for my kids.  I would like to meet my birth parents and my older brother.

If anyone knows or suspects anything, please let me know.  Thank you.

First | Prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Next | Last