Message Boards

Topic : Searching for Birth Parents

Number of Replies: 1017
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:25:10 pm
Author : dataimport

Are you adopted? Have you met your birth parents, or is searching for them important to you? Share your story.

NOTE: Please do not post personal info such as home address and phone numbers, for your safety such info will be removed.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 16, 2008, 11:58 am CDT

Black Market adoptions devastate families

I recently thought that my four year search for my sister was over when I found a women that not only looked like mother but was born on the right day ,in the right place. She says she is not my sibling and she is genetically connected to her mother. This search is the most difficult thing that anyone can put their selves through! WHY am I torturing myself?

It is pretty obvious by now that my sister has no idea that she was adopted as most black market babies were adopted that way so no one would ever find them. I just emailed another family devastated by a black market adoption. Are there any experts out there that can give us advice on how to search?

So far I have tracked down most of the women born in Odessa Texas in Jan of 1950 and some in Feb. of 1950. Seems I am just bothering a bunch of innocent people most who think that I am trying to steal their identity. You think some celebrity would grow a back bone and step up and at least help to legitimize the  Texas Angels and some of the search organizations, so people don't think those of us seeking our family are trying to scam them. 

Geez ,you think some one would find some answers and solutions to our plight!

August 19, 2008, 3:01 pm CDT

Baby Girl born in Pennsylvania 5/8/1968

I am a girl who was born in Lankenau Hospital on May 8, 1968 at 9:46 p.m. I weighed 7 pounds 5 ozs. and was born at 39 weeks gestation. I was born with a large hemigioma on my forehead, which is a red birthmark.  It appears from other bills that my birthmother was treated at Pennsylvania Hospital prior to the delivery. My birthmother was 19 (Born in either May or September of 1948 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) and unmarried. Her first name begins with a "B."  She was five feet tall and approximately 98 pounds with blonde hair, green eyes and a fair complexion. She was of Irish Italian descent and was Catholic. She is a high school graduate and was employed as a secretary. My birthfather was 21 years old, five feet ten and approximately 160 pounds, Catholic, Irish Italian descent, red blonde hair, brown eyes, High School graduate and employed as a salesman.  He was not listed on the adoption petition.  I was discharged from the hospital on May 13, 1968. The hospital bill lists me as New Born #13044, and the bill was approximately $700.00 (partially paid by medicare). My maternal biological grandfather was employed as a police officer. The adoption was private, handled by Raymond and Estelle Rubens. I also have reason to believe that Spence and Chapin were involved somehow.  Estelle Rubens handed me over to my adoptive mother on a street in Philadelphia on May 13, 1968.  I was taken to New York. The adoption was finalized in Delaware County, Pennsylvania by the Honorable Judge Leroy Van Roden of the Delaware County Orphan's Court.  The only request my birthmother made was that I be placed in a Catholic Home. I am seeking to find either birthparents, possible siblings, any blood relatives. My adoptive parents names are Mario F. DeSimone and Patricia B. Demasi DeSimone.  Please contact me at mtdesq@aol.com.

August 25, 2008, 6:15 am CDT

Birthdate?

Quote From: griparis

I was adopted at birth in 1952, Chicago, IL.  My birth father was a truck driver, age 42 when I was born, and my birth mother  was 25, and  they had 2 other children.  I was given this information when I registed with the Illinois Adoption Registry.  A few years before my adopted mother died (July, 2000) she gave me the adoption papers with the names of my birth parents, Michael and Betty Rocco.  Chances are my birth parents are deceased, but since I was raised an only child, I would like to meet my siblings.  I've never looked for my birth family before.  I wasn't sure if Michael was really my birth father, but was always curious what nationality I am.  If Michael is my birth father, then I would guess I have some Italian in my heritage.  Not sure about Betty though.  I guess my curiosity got the best of me.

What is your birthdate and your city and state of birth?

Jennier 

jgalpin48428@yahoo.com

August 25, 2008, 6:33 am CDT

Searching for Birth Parents

Quote From: ahatfield2323

Hi, I'm a 25 year old white female who was put up for adoption at birth.  I was born in late May of  1983 somewhere in Gallantin or Sumner County, TN.  I know very little about my birth family.  My adoption papers only tell me a description of the birthmother and her family.  According to that, I resemble her so much.  I also know she has a daughter that would be 3 years older than me putting her around 28 now.  This daugher was not put up for adoption unless she was placed after me.  I know my birthmother was around 20 or 21 when giving birth to me.  I also know, she has 6 or7 brothers and sisters.  I would love to hear from anyone that might know anything about my situation.  I have no negative feelings toward my birthmother.  I understand she was trying to give me a better home.  I would still love to learn about her and her family now.  I also completely understand if she wants no contact w/me.  If anyone has any information on how to persue in finding birthparents please email me! Thanks so Much, Amanda

Email: ahatfield2323@hotmail.com

What is your actual birthdate? email me back jgalpin48428@yahoo.com

Thanks

Jennifer

August 28, 2008, 3:19 pm CDT

Quote From: mikashuei

you are not alone! I am an adopted child and are looking for my bith mom. i regestered with the birth regesrty. if he is looking for you they will tell you. you call your local health deptment and ask them how to apply for a regestry number. every baby that is adopted is given a number so they can be tracked. and when you apply and are given a number they match it with your sons number and match you up. Y ou need to know that rape is never the victumes fault. your dad was probly angery that he couldn't protect you from that awful act agenst you. I was raped when i was 8 and it teaches not to trust anyone. I really hope that you find your son and if i can help in anyway please let me know.

sincerely,
Allyson M
 I am 22 yrs old and i just found out that i was adopted about 2 years ago. i found out by my pastor  at church he said it in front of the whole congregation. He did tell me that he was sorry that he though i knew by now. then i went home to ask my mom and dad and they still lied to me. then finally they told me the truth. i was so mad at them i couldnt even face them for a while. so now i am tring to find out where they are.

August 31, 2008, 6:58 pm CDT

DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOUR ADOPTED MOM & DAD!

Quote From: shetheangel

I am 22 yrs old and i just found out that i was adopted about 2 years ago. i found out by my pastor  at church he said it in front of the whole congregation. He did tell me that he was sorry that he though i knew by now. then i went home to ask my mom and dad and they still lied to me. then finally they told me the truth. i was so mad at them i couldnt even face them for a while. so now i am tring to find out where they are.
I know that you are hurt by the lies but try to remember that your parents that raised you were probly dreading this day. I know that they wanted you so bad. It's not easy to tell your son or daughter that they have an biological mom and dad out somewhere in the world. they raised you as there own and for that you should be happy so children don't have that. So try not to be so mad at them. I'm 36 now and have two kids and am serching for my bio mom. It was very hard for my mom to tell me that i wasn't  her bio child. I too was very angery and relised that it was hard for her to tell me. I know the pain that you feel and understand it all to much!!!  Try to remember that they love you so much and they want whats best for you. I hope that this helps. If you need me please post something on here and i will get back to you as soon as i can. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEARCH AND REMEMBER THAT YOU MAY NOT FIND ANYTHING OUT. i'M HERE IF YOU NEED ME!!!

September 11, 2008, 10:57 am CDT

spelling

Quote From: ardieg

I am searching for my daughter born in Mercy Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pa. in 1967. I was at Catholic Chartiers, Roselia Home for Unwed mothers. The birth was on April 28th. I have heard however that dates were changed six months later to make a search much harder. Birth mother names were changed also to make it hard to track.
Just so your quest goes on.  I am from Pittsburgh and I think you mean Catholic Charities?  Not Chartiers.  May want to edit that so you get more hits.  I wish you much luck!

September 16, 2008, 3:13 pm CDT

A 46 year old Secret

I am a person who did not know that I was adoped for 46 years.  I am now 64 and I am still not allowed to know my personal Identity because my adoption was a private adoption and I am told those records are sealed in the court in Freehold, N.J.  I think this is so unfair in a world where everyone seems to have RIGHTS! and yet I don't even have the right to know what my nationality or even my health history is.  Any suggestions????  I was born August 21, 1944 in Asbury Park N.J.

September 18, 2008, 8:43 am CDT

26 years and still serching

Hi! My name is Michael, and I am adopted.I have been on this road for a long time and all I would like to know is who I am,where I come from,and why I was given up. If sombody any body can help me please do so. All I know I was born in N.Y.C. Queens Jamica Genral Hospital in 1977, I did live with my birth grandparents for the first 18 months of my life. My grandmother died, so my grandfather gave me up for adoptin because he could't take care of me. I ended up in the system and was in foster care,and was adopted at the age of five. Now I'm 31 and still serching for my real parents. My name was changed when i was adopted, my birth name was Major Michael Deboise. If any body has any info please give me a call or send a letter I still have hope that I will be reunited with my mom,or dad.  

September 19, 2008, 2:12 pm CDT

I live in Canada but I too am searching for my birth family. I know who my birth mother is but not my father. When my birth mom was 17 she had me and my grandparents adopted me and raised me as their own along with their other 7 children. My birth Mother(who I grew up knowing as my oldest sister)  went on to have another child - a brother by the same man...although she kept him. Later she married and had 3 more children. I only found out this year after 43 ears that I was adopted..was some shock!!! I'm angry very angry that it took her 43 years to say anything and now has issues with me asking her for information on my birth Father.

I know his name and his approximate age and at this point that all I know. Its frustrating trying to find anything, I've contacted so many people at this point and the search just seems endless.

Although I was raised by famly  never truly felt part of them. I always felt like I was on the outside looking in  and I couldn't understand that.  I never felt that I was ever treated as a sibling..and well now I understand why. Doesn't make it easier to accept. I rarely if ever hear from my adoptive brothers and sisters and my biological siblings..well they avoid me. Its like if they don't talk to me then this whole situation can't have happened right??? I can't begin to tell you how much it all hurts. I wish I could have more answers and ask questions of my adoptive mom(grandma) but she passed away a couple of years ago and my adoptive father(grandpa) well his health is pretty bad and his memory is not good..and I'm not sure he's been told that I know any of this.

I wish you all the best of luck in your own searches!

First | Prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | Next | Last