Message Boards

Topic : Anorexia

Number of Replies: 1384
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:31:18 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you or is someone you love systematically starving themselves? Anorexia is a serious condition that needs immediate treatment. Share your story here.

Eating Disorder Resources

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 22, 2008, 5:48 pm CDT

Anorexia

Quote From: katie925

my name is katie, im 14 years old, love 2 dance, and im anorexic. i have been for almost a year. im 5 ft 3 inches and about a week ago i was at 100 lbs. now am at 96 lbs and still loosing weight. i have tld my friends and they keep telling me its muscle not fat, and that  will loose some muscle instead of fat. but i dont care if it muscle or fati loose, i just want to be skinny. so now they look at me like i am crazy. am i crazy? i dont want to stop being anorexic, i just want to be able to have fun and not worry about my calorie intake at a party. sometimes i feel like im the only one who feels this way.  

Katie:

I understand where you are at.  I used to be the same way. I was a dancer and anorexic/bulimic. For so long I did not want to eat. I was so "happy" that I was loosing weight. However, I could not grasp that some of my weight was muscle. I thought that my body consisted of pure fat. My life was a living hell. Being anorexic/bulimic at first seemed to be the best thing ever. I stayed thin and I was the best dancer ever, for a little while.  But it didn't take long for my body to begin to shut down. It started with dance injuries. I have permanently hurt myself. Because my body was so fatiqued and lacked so many nutrients I was prone to get hurt. I did. I tore my achilles tendon. I could not walk for two years and now I can't ever dance again. I can not take back those years, Katie. Being thin may seem great but the price you pay isn't. My anorexia did not stop with getting hurt. It is a little over a year now. I went into a treatment program because I was going to die. My heart was failing. I still have heart trouble. If I do not take my medication, I get very sick and it is back to the hospital for me. I can not have caffine or eat sugary foods. I can not exercise without the worry of stressing my heart too much. I am happy to say that treatment saved my life. I have not gone back to my disordered ways since. I still have some mental struggles time to time but I do not desire to starve myself.

I am sorry to tell you that anorexia has no exceptions. You cannot go to a party without stressing over the food. I found it difficult just to eat by myself but to eat around people?!?! was very hard.

Katie, I hope my words make youthink about what you are doing to your body. If I could tell you one thing. It would be that it is not worth it. I am 19 years old and can not live a normal life because of what anorexia did to my body. I look back eight years and all I see is anorexia. I don't remember anything else. I don't remember conversations with my friends, I don't remember what I learned in school... I remember starving. Katie, it is not worth it. You are beautiful no matter what. You are stronger than this monster. I hope the best for you.

June 23, 2008, 10:39 am CDT

i need advice

to start off, im 15 and need someone to talk to. My best friend has been on and off anorexic/bulemic for about 4 years now. i've talked to her before about her eating disorder and it only results in her getting mad at me and therefore keeping secrets from me.  i recently found out that she has been talking to this girl  1/2 was around the world who is also anorexic/bulemic and encouraging my friend that it is okay to purge and/or not eat.  i am so worried about her and i evne woke up this morning from a dream about her throwing up... its terrible. and after reading some of dr. ohil's informational pages, i am even more worried. i need some advice on what to do, and maybe to talk to someone who is going through the same problem as me.

- - alyssa <3

June 26, 2008, 4:34 am CDT

hi alyssa!

Quote From: adfkids

to start off, im 15 and need someone to talk to. My best friend has been on and off anorexic/bulemic for about 4 years now. i've talked to her before about her eating disorder and it only results in her getting mad at me and therefore keeping secrets from me.  i recently found out that she has been talking to this girl  1/2 was around the world who is also anorexic/bulemic and encouraging my friend that it is okay to purge and/or not eat.  i am so worried about her and i evne woke up this morning from a dream about her throwing up... its terrible. and after reading some of dr. ohil's informational pages, i am even more worried. i need some advice on what to do, and maybe to talk to someone who is going through the same problem as me.

- - alyssa <3

i think that you have to speak with yuor friend's parents it is very importent and they will take her to a doctor or clinic

when i was 15 i was anorexic also and untill my mom didn't take me to a hospital nothing didn't help me

because when youare  a anorexic you think only about your weight it's an obssesion and you dodn't hear what every body are  telling you

i think you have to speak with her parents

larisa

July 1, 2008, 9:03 am CDT

Anorexia

Quote From: lariska26

i think that you have to speak with yuor friend's parents it is very importent and they will take her to a doctor or clinic

when i was 15 i was anorexic also and untill my mom didn't take me to a hospital nothing didn't help me

because when youare  a anorexic you think only about your weight it's an obssesion and you dodn't hear what every body are  telling you

i think you have to speak with her parents

larisa

well the thingis her parents know about it and do not do anything about it

July 1, 2008, 1:42 pm CDT

Been there...

Quote From: adfkids

well the thingis her parents know about it and do not do anything about it
you can put her in the hospital all you want, unless she wants to get the help...it's a lost cause.

Still, her parents should know...it may sound nuts, but she may not know how harmful her disorder is. I didn't...

Goodluck to you and your friend.

July 6, 2008, 3:08 pm CDT

Anorexia

Anorexia is a part of my life for 2 years now

I've lost 30 pounds in 3 months

Today eveyone think I'm complitely cure

But there's this obsession that stay inside of me

I Can't stop counting calories , I Can't stop cheking my body in the mirror after having a snack

I Have this obsession that don't want to go away

At school I'm never eating

Because I'm scare about what people will think about me

Since I Started to have that disease , I Started having problem with my concentration

I'm not the same girl today because of that disease

And don't know what to do

Now I Can't stop eating

And I'm still undry after

My days R now about eating , cheking my body , be frustared because what the mirror show me isn't what I Want it to show me

And I've lost a lot of friend becaise of that

The best advice I Can give you girls

Do something and accept help

'cause It can destroye you

July 8, 2008, 1:19 pm CDT

About the mirror

Well for the past year I have lost around 40 pounds. But please dont starve yourself. It is not a good thing to do. What has helped me is this saying. "You are with yourself everyday. You know what your flaws are. But other people dont see that."

Dont worry about your weight that much. As long as you feel healthy it is okay.

July 8, 2008, 1:20 pm CDT

About the mirror

Well for the past year I have lost around 40 pounds. But please dont starve yourself. It is not a good thing to do. What has helped me is this saying. "You are with yourself everyday. You know what your flaws are. But other people dont see that."

Dont worry about your weight that much. As long as you feel healthy it is okay.

July 13, 2008, 6:17 am CDT

Don't know how to go on..

Hello,

I have anorexia nervosa for about 3/4 years now.

It has always been a part of my life, because in the old days I was a very bad eater too. I had a lot of fights with my father because I didn't ate very well. It wasn't enough.

Since the age of 14 I started dieting. I had a average weight, just normal, but  I felt fat and insecure about anything 'bout myself.

Now I am almost 18 and the anorexia is very strong at this moment.

I am very underweighted, but I don't understand, because I feel so fat and .... :( I know it's a symptom of the disease but i just don't get it.

I have been hospitalized for my anorexia several times.

First in a special clinic for eating disorders. I've been there for 9 months, i had to go because I was there for a long time and i didn't gain in weight.

I had a gastro nastic tube for three times, but when I gained in weight i was begging by my psychiatrist to stop the gasto nastic tube. He agreed, after long begging.

After this clinic I went to the hospital twice. My condition was very bad.
After that, I went to the clinic again..for about two months. It didn't really work, I lost 8 pounds there.

This clinic wasn't very strict and they just let you go.

it was more like, your problem, you have to eat, if you don't, well that's fine, but you're only ruining your own life, not mine.

Now I am desperate.

I live in the Netherlands and I've heard that the clinics aren't very good in the Nerherlands for eating disorders, when you compare them with clinics in America and England.

This week I have to go to the psychologist again and when I lost weight or when i stay at this weight, they're going to force me to go to a clinic.

I just don't know what to do anymore.. :(
I can't gain in weight, because i'm so afraid. I do eat but not enough. Now I am just at home, sometimes I do work 3 hours a day which is actually too hard because my condtiion is very bad..

They're saying that I am going to die when we don't do anything now. They are all really concerned, but it's like I'm just watching myself dying. Or i just don't know it..don't wanna know it.

My question is , the clinics for anorexia nervosa, in america, do they have good results? Any recommend?

I've seen on the internet a mando meter clinic in San Diego. It seems to be very good because they also give a lot of individual therapy. That's what I need.

You don't just go to America ..but it's my life. If i can't get better here, i have to go to a foreign country. I am so afraid to die and I just don't know what to do..

Do you have experience with clinincs in america, also for people from another country?

I hope you can help me.

Thank you for reading my story. :)

July 18, 2008, 5:36 pm CDT

Get Help

Quote From: hailee321

My name is Hailee, and im 16 years old, ive had an eating disorder for a few years now. But not ready to recover yet. I just want some support to get ready and wanna hear other people their story's so if you have one plz share it. You wont get worse of it.

Love, Hailee.

Hailee,

My sister died from her eating disorder.  If you wait till you are "ready" it will be a long time, if ever.  The question is do you want a life or do you want your life to be your eating disorder?

Deb

First | Prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | Next | Last