Message Boards

Topic : Anorexia

Number of Replies: 1384
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:31:18 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you or is someone you love systematically starving themselves? Anorexia is a serious condition that needs immediate treatment. Share your story here.

Eating Disorder Resources

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 8, 2009, 5:00 pm CST

Only 2 more years till I get help

Im Alyssa, im 16 and have been anorexic/self injuring/depressed (self diagnosed) since i was 13. I have never been over weight but never as tiny as i always wished. I want to be fragile, and for people to be afraid to bump me. For the first year it was just slight restriction not working out. Second year under 300 calories per day and rigourous working out. This year I may eat every other day, never over 500 calories, excercise everyday, and have been secretly taking diet pills from my brother who is a body builder. If i ever "over eat" i will cut or burn myself. I know that im killing myself, but i cant get myself to care enough to change. Last year I met my current boyfriend, who is also anorexic weighing 115 pounds at 6 foot tall. He is my only force to get better, to live for him. Im starting to get better but my mom always picks at people with eating disorders and depression, she just doesnt understand at all. Because of this i will never tell her, and as soon as i turn 18 im going straight to the doctor for help, but until then im willing to suffer.

January 10, 2009, 6:21 am CST

Bulimia and Anorexia

From the age of approx. 13 to the age of approx. 47, I was eating disordered - a combination of anorexia and bulimia, often called Bulimarexia. In fact my entire life was disordered and came to be reflected in the starving face within the toilet bowel.

I went through three (3) different in-patient treatments and so many psychiatrists that I cannot recollect the number. What I learned through this horrible journey was that eating disorders are not about food, diets, eating or not eating. So force-feeding, concentration on food, food monitoring, etc. will not work.

Eating disorders are about control - or rather lack there of.

When my entire life went out of control, I controlled the only thing that I could - food.

Recovery therefore is dependent upon establishing the causes for this out-of-control free-fall, and one-by-one untying the knots that prevent healthy relationships (and not just with food).

Once these roots are straightened out, the flower blossoms.

January 10, 2009, 5:49 pm CST

hurt

hey my name is duchises iv been fighitng anorexia, bulimia off and on for years now i never really got the help that i needed and when i tryed to get the help i needed this last time around it was no good i couldnt stay there they didnt treat me how i thought they would had i been trying to fight it but its hard somedays i feel like i going to give up and die and then other days i think i am going to be ok most of the time i am sad and lonly and wondering what am i doing. all my life iv never loved myself never liked my body or looks i want to be 120 i am 5 11 and i am 168 i and still am not happy withthat

January 25, 2009, 10:29 pm CST

Help Me

Brenda are you out there........

January 26, 2009, 2:29 pm CST

!Hello

Hello!My name is Denysa,I`m a 19 years old girl from Romania.I just want to say that if you are anorexic/bulimic and you need to talk with somebody,you need to know that somebody cares about you,I am ready to help you,to be near you,even though it's only on internet.I really know that your desease is severe and that you need support and love.I would never blame you of something.I just want to help you.So you can write me on the followingg mail address: deny_rapid@yahoo.com or,if you have yahoo messenger,my ID is deny_rapid .

February 23, 2009, 9:13 am CST

wow

Quote From: ivan_ho

Hi, 

I am so sorry to hear how you feel, and even though I don't know what you've been through but it sounds like it's a lot and I am very sorry that you've had to go through it all. I wish I could help you, but I really have to say you should seek help from a professional, you have to get help! I used to cut too, a lot, and quite honestly my eatingdisored is an extention of that distructive behaviour since I was forced to stop cutting. This will not stop unless and untill you get the proper treatment and it sounds urgent! 

Please get help, I'm worried about you! 

wow,this was years ago that i had wrote this and i hadnt been on since, i read all the replies.... i am so much better now, i got help,and it took so long to get better. i wanna cry reading this, bcus it kind of triggers me, but its not going to happen, ever again, im 19 and i have a little girl now, i kno i had a child young, but she's my world, and at least now im filled with unconditional love, and not that horrible past. its amazing how happy i am compared to what i used to go through, what i put myself through.

February 25, 2009, 7:47 pm CST

looking like me

I just do not understand what makes girls become anorexic.  I must say that I am 31 years old, 5' tall and weigh about 65 lbs.  My trouble is not from an eating disorder but by my metabolism that is extremely high.  I do eat (contrary to popular belief) and I am very healthy.  I have no medical problems at all and have 2 beautiful children.

I have spent as much money on the shakes and protien bars trying to gain weight as some people do to lose it.  Whatever has happened to these girls, I cannot imagine anyone wanting to look like me on purpose.  People assume when they meet me that I MUST be anorexic or bulemic because no one is THAT skinny naturally.  They ask me straight out if I eat or how much I weigh or if I throw up.   They have little respect for what my feelings may be on the subject.

Would you walk up to an overweight person and comment on their weight and ask them how much they eat?

March 1, 2009, 11:11 pm CST

Anorexia

Quote From: denysa

Hello!My name is Denysa,Im a 19 years old girl from Romania.I just want to say that if you are anorexic/bulimic and you need to talk with somebody,you need to know that somebody cares about you,I am ready to help you,to be near you,even though it's only on internet.I really know that your desease is severe and that you need support and love.I would never blame you of something.I just want to help you.So you can write me on the followingg mail address: deny_rapid@yahoo.com or,if you have yahoo messenger,my ID is deny_rapid .

Hello Denysa,

My name is Alexandra, and I just recently signed up with the Dr.Phil site so I've been trying to look around and see what its all about and i came across your message and saw you were from Romania. Im also from Romania, My family moved to the United States when i was very young ( about 1years old). My familys pretty involved in the Romania community here and i was raise around a lot of Romanian people but i always enjoy meeting new people even if its online! Do you still live in Romania? If you want you can email me at alexandrafz@gmail.com or i also have MSN messenger user name is alexandrafz (i think). Well take care hope to hear back!

May 14, 2009, 2:35 pm CDT

anorexia

my daughter is 8 and since she was a baby she wouldnt eat hardly and the dr allways said when she is hungry she will eat well she is 8 now she is tall but skinny she said she dont want to get fat, ive tryed letting her help pick out stuff and fixing supper, doesnt work, i fix her luch for school so i can keep track on what she eats, but she comes home with evrything but her string cheese. she is only 8 she weigh 57 , i worrie about her i dont want her to become anorexia. if anyone can help me please do. thank you so much.and its not allways the parents, cause i have been fighting this since she was little.

May 20, 2009, 4:57 am CDT

what a small world

hello denisa and alexandra...i am from romania also. i guess even if in romania people do not know about this disease it surely exists and many girls suffer from it. Unfortunately in our country there are no help centers, no nothing, you are all by yourself. :(

First | Prev | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | Next | Last