Message Boards

Topic : Anorexia

Number of Replies: 1384
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:31:18 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you or is someone you love systematically starving themselves? Anorexia is a serious condition that needs immediate treatment. Share your story here.

Eating Disorder Resources

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 23, 2006, 9:14 pm CST

Anorexia

i was out of town last week and have been busy this week i have been thinking and praying for you all....... i hope to be able to be around more again!!! 

sorry i didn't go through and read messages 

March 24, 2006, 7:42 am CST

Am I sick at all?

Hi everyone! 

I'm 5,4790 ft tall and weigh 8,00 st 5,51 lbs, I'm 20 years old in may. 

Is it normal to think I'm fat and obsess about every single thing I eat? 

I'm not starving myself or throwing up what I eat, I'm to weak to do it, besides my fiancé would like it very much. 

Food is constantly on my mind - what can I eat, what must I not eat? Can I allow myself to eat this? How many calories is it? It has a lot of protine, but also a lot of fat, maybe if  don't eat anything more today after this? - that sort of thing. 

Then I give in to it, I eat the food, or buy that chocolatbar... and then I feel like a whale and want to go home and cry (and think perhaps outburst of emotion will burn some calories). 

March 26, 2006, 4:39 pm CST

Anorexia

Quote From: dbinder24

wow what a great recovery story that you shared with all of us.  Thank you so much for posting your site.  Do you feel that you are a healthy weight now or do you still feel like you want to change something?  Do you have good and bad days with your eating disorder or do you feel like you are fully recovered now? 

Well, my life and my relationship with food and all the old behaviors is very different now.  Yes, the thoughts do creep into my head from time to time.  The biggest difference, though, is that I no longer feel the need to act on those thoughts.  I've worked on coming up with rebuttals to all the old triggers, and I've generally just shifted my focus away from body image stuff to other things in life that are so much more rewarding.  And I feel like I've really developed as a person-- like, I have an identity that doesn't depend on how I happen to look on any particular day.  I guess I know who I am better than I ever have.   

I guess more than anything, the best thing that ever happened to me was that for a short time during my recovery, I looked like hell.  I was FAT. And that terrible, awful thing that I had feared for so long actually HAPPENED-- and I realized it was nowhere NEAR as bad as I thought it was.  A few months of healthy eating later, my body sort of just 'let go' of all the extra that it was holding on to and I look normal again.  But I learned alot during that time, and now I can't imagine ever going back!!!! 

March 28, 2006, 4:14 pm CST

HELP PLEASE!

Can someone please tell me where my post is from yesterday?

I posted a long post about a girl who needs help immediately, and it's not here.

Please help, this is urgent. She is under 80 pounds and is not getting help like she should.

Thanks.

March 28, 2006, 4:16 pm CST

Anorexia

And I just realized that my mood smiley looks mad, it's supposed to look frustrated.

Someone please help, thanks.

March 29, 2006, 7:14 pm CST

Please

Can someone please help?

Here is the girl's site...http://www.xanga.com/alittlesquigglegoesalongway

March 29, 2006, 8:52 pm CST

Anorexia

Quote From: music_sdd

Can someone please help?

hey i think i may have missed your post the other day or maybe your post was the one i saw and had to leave for class and thought i will get back to it.  sorry it has taken so long.  let me go see the site and i will come right back

March 29, 2006, 9:03 pm CST

Anorexia

Quote From: music_sdd

Can someone please help?

wow yeah i can relate to her with the food and fat thing...  you know i had to stop reading it because it started making me more anxious.  One day I will try to read it some more but right now it is too hard for me to read because I know I can't do what she is still doing.  It's a hard thing to battle and today is day 65 i can't mess up now.  sure i look in the mirror and think i look like a fat pig or cow even but I have to accept that life is not reality but only illusion 

March 30, 2006, 5:35 pm CST

Anorexia

Quote From: hisjewel

hey i think i may have missed your post the other day or maybe your post was the one i saw and had to leave for class and thought i will get back to it.  sorry it has taken so long.  let me go see the site and i will come right back
Thanks, yeah it got deleted I don't know why though, I will post it again.

I just hope someone can help her.

Congratulations on doing so well, that makes me happy to see you helping yourself, I just wish this girl would.

Thanks again.

March 30, 2006, 6:14 pm CST

Here's the message I posted earlier...

BEFORE ANYONE READS THIS, PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE NOT READ THE OTHER POSTS IN THIS THREAD BECAUSE THE THREAD HAS SO MANY PAGES, SO PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE TO ANYTHING IN THE POST, NOTHING IS MEANT TO HURT OR OFFEND ANYONE, IT IS ONLY MEANT TO HELP.

This is an email a friend of mine wrote...

I am contacting you on a very serious note.  There is an anorexic girl who lives in Scotland, who weighs under 80 pounds!  A friend of mine and me have been trying to get help for her for months and months.  We both live in the United States, so it is very hard for us to find her help.  We have both written to countless magazines, talk shows, universities, and even to John Stossel from 20/20, but have not received many replies at all.  Recently, we found a doctor who has been featured on Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, and many other shows.  He has helped many anorexics, including the 58 pound anorexic Melissa Dehart, who was all over the news about a year ago. I am only a teenager, but my friend who has been helping me is older than I am, so she has more resources available to her. It is breaking my heart to see so many girls do this to themselves. There are countless blogs and websites that are owned by anorexics, who post pictures of themselves on there, and most of the parents don't even know about it.  It has even gotten to the point where they are calling Anorexia and Bulimia a "she".  Ana is Anorexia and Mia is Bulimia.  They say that Ana is my best friend, and Ana is the only one who understands.  It breaks my heart into little pieces to see this happening.  I have struggled with weight my whole life, but not to this extent.  I want to help, but with only being a teenager, it's hard to find the resources to do so.  When I mentioned the doctor earlier who has been on several television shows...we have tried to contact him for months, and we have not received a response from him.  Will you please help my friend and I be able to stop this madness?  The best thing to do is get this information out to the public, the public needs to know the extent this has risen to with these anorexic websites, etc.

Please help us, no one else has. Let's stop the discrimination and judgement against women's weight, let's show the world what terrible things it leads to (Anorexia, etc.).

I am begging you from the bottom of my heart to help us, if you can't, please direct us to someone who can.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

SOME OF THE PICTURES ON THE WEBSITE MAY BE GRAPHIC, BUT SHE HAS ALREADY TAKEN DOWN MANY OF THEM, THERE MIGHT STILL BE SOME THOUGH. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PICTURE OF HOW BAD HER HEALTH IS, THEN PLEASE POST HERE AND LET ME KNOW, AND I WILL SEND IT TO YOU. I DON'T THINK IT SHOULD BE POSTED, AS IT MAY BE CONSIDERED GRAPHIC ALSO.

Here is the girl's website...http://www.xanga.com/alittlesquigglegoesalongway

Please help us if you can, if not, please direct us to someone who can.

Also, if you have any ideas, suggestions, comments, or know of a place or someone that will help the public know more about the extent this has gotten to, please post here and let me know. I only want to help, it's breaking my heart into little pieces to see people doing this to their bodies. I know it's hard for them, and I want to help. Thanks.

First | Prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Next | Last