Message Boards

Topic : Anorexia

Number of Replies: 1384
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:31:18 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you or is someone you love systematically starving themselves? Anorexia is a serious condition that needs immediate treatment. Share your story here.

Eating Disorder Resources

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 23, 2009, 7:05 pm CDT

hi jesse

Quote From: angel_jess

help me please i  am 16 and just been diagnosed with anorexia what does it do exactly i mean i no that you don't eat please someone help me  

JEssi 

i am going through the same thing.i have suffered from eating disorders since i was 12.i am 31 and i got it again.i might not be the best person to answer your question as i too am going through the same thing.i went to www.anorexia.com and there it told me so many things that can happen to me with this eating disorder.it is quite scary as we feel alone and like there is no1 out there to understand/comprehend what we are going through,as i too feel alone in this battle,but we arent.check that site out and see if it helps you?or www.eating disorders.com.i hope that helps you out a bit?it still won't fix the problem but if there is anything else i can do to help you,even though i also am stuck with this eating disorder,i feel you,i understand what you are going through and want you to know,you are not alone...even though we feel that way...write to my blog anytime ok?always,lill

June 30, 2009, 10:15 pm CDT

anorexia

my name is elisabeth and im 14 years old. i have anorexia nervosa. im so depressed all the time and i feel so alone. i dont tell anyone because i dont want anyone to know. i try so hard to hide it from my parents. and i keep having to find ways to hide my weight loss. I dont know what to do... I dont want anyone to know and I dont want to recover or go to a clinic. I go on pro ana sites alot. I feel so depressed all the time and i hate myself. when i look in the mirror i want to cry. im so fat and ugly. im 5'3 and i developed an eating disorder when i was 102lbs early last year. i got down to 89lbs from that and then began binging and purging and gained weight and kept binging and i gained up to 110lbs and then i became very distressed and began starving myself again, im now 78lbs. I want to be 50lbs. That is my ultimate goal weight, but I am scared because I dont want to die. I know what im doing is very unhealthy but I cant stop. I feel like I have this voice in my head, telling me im fat and worthless, telling me not to eat, telling me what to do. Her name is ana, i know ana isnt real, shes just in my head. shes sweet self destruction... my dearest friend. I know I need help but im so afraid. I cant talk to my mum because she wouldnt understand... She told me to go on a diet and kept saying how lazy i am becuase i never excercise. I had already been starving, binging and purging for several months so as you can imagine it was very hurtful

July 7, 2009, 6:56 am CDT

looks like no one has been on for a while

It's been years since I have logged on and posted.  I'm so trapped in ED...  It's like I don't have an ED, ED has me.  Trapped in this place, I'd like to say I am not pro ana yet finding myself doing pro ana things.  Wanting to just be healthy yet this obesession takes over and sometimes even with the thought I just want to die.  Good thing I know ultimately I don't want to die.  I struggle with ana but sometimes when I "mess up" I can't help but purge.  Sometimes all it takes is a sandwhich and the food goes away, right down the toilet.  Or even just a few cheeze it's, like this huge panic, this huge obession  I could share more but I guess that is what I have to say for now.  I know I need help yet I don't have a way to really get it.  I did call a place I once went to.  Only I'm just a little flustard with places that are all religious even though I am a Christian.  Sometimes it's like there is something missing that when I look at other programs is in the schedule.  Finding myself thinking that is one thing I am missing.  Along with many memories which control my life that I don't even know. What is in the dark will continue to stay in the dark and if I can't see it then I can't bring it to light.

July 15, 2009, 1:44 pm CDT

SCARED!!!

Hello, im Kayla. I struggled with an eating disorder for 5 or 6 years before i went to remuda ranch in arizona and began my recovery. I then got pregnant last year and had a baby. shes 8 months old now and i  do not know how to get rid of my baby fat the right way.i am thnking about returning to my known ways but i dont want to hurt my family, especially my daughter. im thinking of bulimia but i cannot do it. Im scared of the thoughts that are going through my head and i do not like them. if anyone has anything that might help PLEASE reply. my email is readhead12@hotmail.com

thank you

Kayla

First | Prev | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | Next Page | Last Page