Message Boards

Topic : Obesity

Number of Replies: 1371
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:33:24 pm
Author : dataimport
Obesity is a medical disorder that can be treated, but sometimes society doesn't look upon the obese with compassion. Find support and understanding here as you or those you love cope with obesity.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 1, 2009, 10:49 pm CDT

I also Have Arthritis and am Over Weight

Quote From: amandamay16

I am a 30 year old weighing 390 pounds.  I have arthritis in my feet, ancles,a nd knees, I have edema in my legs, overactive bladder,a dn sleep apnea, all due to my weight.  I eat very impulsively and emotionally.  I feel very hopless.  I tried getting into a program in a hospital for eating disorders, and what they could offer me I was either not covered by my insurance for or I wansn't "ill" enough for. I feel really desperate to do something about my weight, and I know that if I can just change my thinking process I can make this change.  The problem is that when I think about my weight I get depressed, and then when I think about not eating as much I getr even more depressed.  Food has been my crutch since I was in 4th grade, 20 years ago.  I have always had a problem with my weight.  I can't stand looking at my full body in the mirror, and I often see myself in my mind as a totally different person.  I want to change my self worth, before I kill myself from eating too much. 
I myself also have arthritis I am 32 and have Obstructive sleep aphnea severly also astma and turners syndrome which is a genetic disorder I am 4ft 9inches tall and weigh 263 pounds like you I worry about my weight and what it could do to my health it is hard to keep a positive attitude at times for me but I find focussing on things that make me happy help like a good book or playing with my pets feel free to communicate with me I would be happy to chat with you

First | Prev | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | Next Page | Last Page