Message Boards

Topic : Breaking Unhealthy Habits

Number of Replies: 392
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:35:29 pm
Author : dataimport
Always have a gallon of ice cream in the freezer? Are chips and soda a staple of your day? Let's break unhealthy eating habits and lose weight together.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 18, 2008, 10:33 am CDT

Eating habits

Years ago I weighed over 300 lbs and dropped down to 250 lbs and have maintained that weight for over 10 years.  Through counseling and a lot of healing I came to a place where I am very happy with my body, I now want to change my life.  I'm currently on medications for diabetes, hypertension, and high choloesterol.  I'm still very happy with my body but not my health.  This is why I've decided to join this group.  I've already lost 15 lbs and have kept them off for a month now.  I look forward to the support and being able to track my progress during the Ultimate Weight Loss Race.

September 23, 2008, 7:55 pm CDT

breaking old habits

Just watched Dr Phils show here in New Zealand made me stop an take note of my weight problem i'm 5ft 2 and 170lb have been told i have to lose at 20 or 30 lb to get some of my health  issues sorted to.

anyone have some good advice especially for a shift worker doing nights being my big problem area.

as when i should be having meals during the day i'm sleeping and on night shifts don't get  a meal provided or time to  take a break for one either. hope someone out there can help

September 28, 2008, 12:03 pm CDT

good Ideas

Quote From: countess

Just watched Dr Phils show here in New Zealand made me stop an take note of my weight problem i'm 5ft 2 and 170lb have been told i have to lose at 20 or 30 lb to get some of my health  issues sorted to.

anyone have some good advice especially for a shift worker doing nights being my big problem area.

as when i should be having meals during the day i'm sleeping and on night shifts don't get  a meal provided or time to  take a break for one either. hope someone out there can help

There is a show on BBC America (more than likely a different chanel in New Zealand) called "YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT" Dr. Gilian Mc Keith is the diet specalist. I have found some wonderful ideas from her show.

If you cant get it on the telle then try her website gillianmckeith.com or you can go on bbcamerica.com and click you are what you eat. and that will take you to her site.
GOD LUCK
check me out on my space phenioxbutterfly

October 1, 2008, 7:33 am CDT

Over 50 and weight is stuck

I am a woman over 50 and am always on some kind of a diet plan (Atkins, South Beach, etc.) and now for the last 4 weeks have bought Robert Reames book - have read and am following the regimen.  I spend 30 minutes 5 days a week doing the tubing for beginners and my diet is very good.  I am a good home cook and am eating more whole foods, no whites (bread, rice, pasta, etc.) and the only result I am showing is some firmness in my body - but no weight loss (I probably need to lose 40-50 lbs.) and only a slight looseness in my clothes.  Why am I not getting the results I want???

October 2, 2008, 11:45 am CDT

me too

Quote From: countess

I am in sort or the same boat.  When I get home at 11 or 12 and have not had anything to eat since breakfast (sometimes) or lunch of course I am hungry and want to eat a meal. I know it is the worst thing to do (eat before going to bed) but what can one do?  I've heard it's ok to eat fruit or yogurt.  Have you heard anything like that?

November 6, 2008, 5:58 pm CST

help

Im watching Dr Phil here in adelaide Australia and its about the Ultimate Weight Loss Race. its made me really open up ot what i have and im scared. I really want to change but i always think its too hard. im only 18 and im 130kgs (286 Lbs) i dont wana be like this and get heavier as i get older. i want to make a stand but every time i try it fails. i need help and i hope this site will provide some help i'l need to kick start this new life i want.

November 6, 2008, 7:10 pm CST

This is a great start...

Quote From: bodywishgirl

Im watching Dr Phil here in adelaide Australia and its about the Ultimate Weight Loss Race. its made me really open up ot what i have and im scared. I really want to change but i always think its too hard. im only 18 and im 130kgs (286 Lbs) i dont wana be like this and get heavier as i get older. i want to make a stand but every time i try it fails. i need help and i hope this site will provide some help i'l need to kick start this new life i want.

I watched the same show and decided that I really have to have a decent go at losing weight too.  I have Dr Phil's Ultimate Weight Solutions book and I'm going to start working throught it and checking in here each day to get some inspiration and support.

Good on you for making up your mind to do something about your weight, I think this is a great start for you.

December 11, 2008, 7:27 pm CST

This worked for me..

After having my second child and gaining a whopping 70 pounds I was so unhappy and knew I had to lose the weight.  I didn't fit into my old clothes and I just didn't recognize myself.  When my daughter turned six months i decided that I could no longer use "baby weight" as an excuse as to why I was so heavy.  First I took all of the junk food out of the house, especially the colas.  My husband wasn't too happy about it but I left him with pretzels, popcorn and fresh fruit.  Next I started going for 30 minute walks three to four times a week.  Its great cardio and a really good way to clear your head, especially if you"re dealing with small children all day.  Lastly my best friend turned me on these great slimming leggings by fitandsharp.com which really helped me see a diference.  The double-knit fabric actually tones you as you run through the day.  They fit comfortably under your clothes and after only a month my jeans were fitting looser.  I still have those last twenty pounds to lose, and with the holidays coming up I'll definitely be using them. Hope this helps.

April 21, 2009, 7:18 pm CDT

I hear that

Quote From: betty_penn

After having my second child and gaining a whopping 70 pounds I was so unhappy and knew I had to lose the weight.  I didn't fit into my old clothes and I just didn't recognize myself.  When my daughter turned six months i decided that I could no longer use "baby weight" as an excuse as to why I was so heavy.  First I took all of the junk food out of the house, especially the colas.  My husband wasn't too happy about it but I left him with pretzels, popcorn and fresh fruit.  Next I started going for 30 minute walks three to four times a week.  Its great cardio and a really good way to clear your head, especially if you"re dealing with small children all day.  Lastly my best friend turned me on these great slimming leggings by fitandsharp.com which really helped me see a diference.  The double-knit fabric actually tones you as you run through the day.  They fit comfortably under your clothes and after only a month my jeans were fitting looser.  I still have those last twenty pounds to lose, and with the holidays coming up I'll definitely be using them. Hope this helps.
I'm 5'2 and I gained alot of weight with my son. I was 140lbs and now weight 178lbs. He's 6 years old now. I been struggling with depression problems. I just had so much going on. I actually lost my boyfriend over these problems. I was in bad shape. all you can do is keep your head up.

April 21, 2009, 7:25 pm CDT

It's ok

Quote From: t2rie911

I am in sort or the same boat.  When I get home at 11 or 12 and have not had anything to eat since breakfast (sometimes) or lunch of course I am hungry and want to eat a meal. I know it is the worst thing to do (eat before going to bed) but what can one do?  I've heard it's ok to eat fruit or yogurt.  Have you heard anything like that?
I just wanted to say I understand. make sure not to eat before bed. get plenty of rest. Drink lots of water. do exercise to. portion control is the key. snack on healthy foods. don't get stressed it will be ok. Have a positive person in your life helping you. always put yourself first. Good Luck:)

First | Prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Next | Last