Message Boards

Topic : Diet

Number of Replies: 372
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:35:57 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you a low-carb disciple? Is low-fat your mantra? What works for you when dieting? Share advice and tips for a healthy diet with others!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 9, 2007, 7:05 pm CDT

Have you heard of this diet?????

Hi ! I'm from Tennessee; I am about 160 pounds overweight. I have developed a habit of eating whatever I want, whenever I want. I have grown tired of my old life style and the way that I look. I have 2 little children and I realize that I need to be an example to them; I also want to be around to see them when they grow up. I am trying to find a diet, or a lifestyle change actually. I am wondering if anyone out there has heard of the blood type diet? There is a book that is titled, "Eat right 4 your blood type." Has anyone heard of or tried this. It's not really a diet book, it's just all about eating the foods that your own body responds well to according to what blood type you are. If anyone has any information about this program, I would be glad to learn about your experience with it.

Thanks!!!

July 11, 2007, 7:47 am CDT

Diet

Quote From: maranda_galyon

Hay

I am from tennessee and i am 14 years old and my name is maranda and even as hard as i try i cant loose the weight i have gained i have tried even starving myself and that does not work. i have even tried salad and water it worked 4 my mom but not me so if you have any ideas for me or even help write me at queenofdrama2007@yahoo.com or you can chat with me on yahoo messanger if you have yahoo.

thanks alot,

maranda galyon

Well first off have you been to the Doctor to find out if you have a medical reason for not losing the weight? Second just salad and water isn't enough. Your body needs fuel  to burn for your muscles or it will shut down and save everything you eat thinking your starving to death. Water is a key to being healthy and losing weight. My personal water goal is 52oz a day. Now I don't always meet that goal. But I do try to. You know if it was pop I could meet it no problem.   Thirdly when you are deemed healthy by the doctor start walking until you are running. This burns calories and also makes your heart strong. I don't mean a slow walk, one that gets your heart pumping and go for distance. Measure out a mile on the road if you can't go to a track. Do this 4 times a week.  You are young so your body will respond well to exercises!  Add push ups, crunches, leg lifts. Don't think of it as a diet ( I hate the word it has die in it) Think of it as a way of taking care of yourself, like brushing your teeth, or hair. Not something you always want to do but need to for good health. And above all don't compare yourself to others. Celebrate your own victories and be positive about it. Find someone interested in walk run with you. A buddy is a great way to keep you on track.  Good Luck  MB

July 30, 2007, 6:51 pm CDT

Phentermine + B12 Shots

I have just finished up 3 weeks with a weigh loss Dr. with the phen/B12 combo. I am doing really well, haven't cheated on the diet, and have been exercising every day. I'm not one who thinks this is a miracle pill and I don't have to work at it and maintaining it.

Is anyone else doing this? I would love to talk to others that are and maybe share some recipes since it is a bit hard to get creative with what you can and can't eat.

Oh, by the way, I have lost almost 20 pounds and 8% body fat. I have 20 more to make my goal weight.

July 31, 2007, 12:06 pm CDT

Correction!

Quote From: b1212ds

I have just finished up 3 weeks with a weigh loss Dr. with the phen/B12 combo. I am doing really well, haven't cheated on the diet, and have been exercising every day. I'm not one who thinks this is a miracle pill and I don't have to work at it and maintaining it.

Is anyone else doing this? I would love to talk to others that are and maybe share some recipes since it is a bit hard to get creative with what you can and can't eat.

Oh, by the way, I have lost almost 20 pounds and 8% body fat. I have 20 more to make my goal weight.

I am taking Phendimetrazine, not phentermine. Sorry!

August 11, 2007, 2:17 pm CDT

How I lost 100+lbs through my different dieting techniques

Hi there everyone, well I've been a dr phil show fan for a year or more although I decided to join up in the dicussions now, well I have lost over 100lb+ in an year or so, and I'd like to share my story with the people, would any of you be interested in knowing how and what actually got me started and everything? Because if I can, a guy who was almost 300lbs losing so much weight and just transformed into an atheletic body, then you can also. :) Do not lose hope

October 17, 2007, 1:45 pm CDT

exercise and dieting with my children

I am a mother of 4 in which my two daughters live with me and my two sons with with my ex. I am over weight and need to lose but I don't have time to go to the gym. I also have a health issue that limits how much walking and jumping I can do on my feet. My daughters are 13 and 11. My 11 year old is alittle on the heavy side she is not fat or really over weight but she does have a few rolls. My other daughter is perfect for her age and height. So what I am wondering is if any one has only suggestions on foods to cook that my daughters will eat, they are picky eaters just like me. Also what kind of exercise I can do. My doctor told me to swim but I dont have time and the time I do have is right when they have other classes in the pool. I am up to any suggestions so please comment back. I look forward to hearing from you.

October 28, 2007, 3:46 pm CDT

i need to know

Quote From: dullah

Hi there everyone, well I've been a dr phil show fan for a year or more although I decided to join up in the dicussions now, well I have lost over 100lb+ in an year or so, and I'd like to share my story with the people, would any of you be interested in knowing how and what actually got me started and everything? Because if I can, a guy who was almost 300lbs losing so much weight and just transformed into an atheletic body, then you can also. :) Do not lose hope

hi

iam manal i realy need to know how to lose weight so if u could help me pleas do

October 31, 2007, 10:00 pm CDT

hey

Quote From: minndakota

I am a mother of 4 in which my two daughters live with me and my two sons with with my ex. I am over weight and need to lose but I don't have time to go to the gym. I also have a health issue that limits how much walking and jumping I can do on my feet. My daughters are 13 and 11. My 11 year old is alittle on the heavy side she is not fat or really over weight but she does have a few rolls. My other daughter is perfect for her age and height. So what I am wondering is if any one has only suggestions on foods to cook that my daughters will eat, they are picky eaters just like me. Also what kind of exercise I can do. My doctor told me to swim but I dont have time and the time I do have is right when they have other classes in the pool. I am up to any suggestions so please comment back. I look forward to hearing from you.

hello

I am no exercise expert but one thing that seems to help me and it makes my body feel like i have made some sort of a difference is doing marie windsor pilates.. it is a great exercise tape and i think just about n e one can do it and i know u say u dont have much time but 1. it is only a 20 min tape and 2. if u have time to start ur computer, log on to dr. phil, and type messages out "about" exercising then u should be able to find plenty of time to do a 20 min pilates tape.. the good knews is if u have trouble exercising on ur feet all of the exercises on this tape u r lying on the floor and hopefully u can get ur daughters involved *even if they r at a healthy weight* it is great for everyone to get into no matter how skinny u r!!! good luck *LL* p.s if u go to the pool and they are having another class in there why not join them? or go on the exercise bike? it is exercise but sitting down how good can it get?

November 3, 2007, 5:48 am CDT

im 20 years and i really hate my self from my weight its too much

hello all...im a single lady..my name is zahra im 20 years old and my weight is 102 kg and its so much 2 me and my age..i wanna lose it but i cant cuz i like 2 eat fast foods and sweete and .........etc} i hope you can help me by joining your program i wil be sooo thankful 2 u and im so happy that i can share my problem 2 u and all of the pplz who can visit your kind website.....thanx alot

November 5, 2007, 6:59 am CST

Diets Dont Work

Hi,

Im an overweight 43 year old and i've struggled with my weight for over 30 years.  I have finally caught on to the fact that diets dont work and i stopped doing just that 12 weeks ago.  This took an immense amount of pressure off me immediately as nothing was forbidden so i didn't crave anything or over eat!!. I also started to go out for short 30min walks.  I have now increased that to 1 hour walks and sometimes do that twice a day.  I've now lost 42 pounds and everyone is starting to notice.  I'm so pleased with myself and i will never in my life again go on a diet.  I wish i had done this years ago and i wouldn't have put myself torture for so long.

First | Prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | Next | Last