Message Boards

Topic : Diet

Number of Replies: 372
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:35:57 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you a low-carb disciple? Is low-fat your mantra? What works for you when dieting? Share advice and tips for a healthy diet with others!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 14, 2008, 2:57 pm CDT

WAT DO U THINK ABOUT ME?

HEY WHATS UP? MY NAME IS JOSHUA AND IM LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE AND EVEN SOME HELP IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING TO OFFER. IM 6 FOOT 1 AND I WEIGH 253 POUNDS AND IM VERY INSECURE ABOUT MYSELF AND ITS REDICILOUS, I HATE IT. I NEED ADVICE AND/OR HELP. I HAVE A NICE SET OF GOLDS GYM WEIGHTS THAT I WORKOUT WITH EVEN THOUGH IM NOT SUPPOSE TO I HAVE A SEPERATED SHOULDER FROM A CAR ACCIDENT BUT ANYWAYS I ALSO WALK SOME AND PLUS I TAKE DIET PILLS HOPING THAT IT WILL HELP ME LOSE WEIGHT BUT I DONT NOTICE OR FEEL ANY DIFFERENT. I THINK DR. PHIL IS A VERY AMAZING GUY, I WISHED I WAS LIKE HIM, I WATCH HIS SHOW ALOTTT.

September 14, 2008, 3:02 pm CDT

Diet

Quote From: ashleymich49

Hey y'all!  It's Ashley Michelle!  I'm currently watching the dr.phil show, of course and I honestly believe it's proof that God answers prayers through other people.  I have been praying for strength, encouragement, and knowledge to know what to do to help me lose weight!  I'm 5'5 and weigh 145 lbs.  I have the body type that people call "bottom heavy."  My nic name is 'J.Lo' and I'm known for my thickness...and I hate it!!  My dream weight is to weigh anywhere between 120-125lbs.  But it seems no matter what I do, I can't seem to get there.  Trust me when I say, I do try.  I'm a health freak and a working out-aholic.  I work out 5-6 days a week which consists of elliptical running of 30-60 minutes, all different kinds of abdomen work outs, toning of my arms, and of course squats for toning and slimming and other awkward positioned exercises to slim down my bottom half.  I eat 5-6 SMALL meals a day.  I begin eating at 6:30a.m. and continue eating every two to three hours through out the day and I'm done eating by the latest of 8p.m.  I eat fruits, veggies, peanut butter teaspoons, chicken, turkey and drink much much water daily.  I just can't drop twenty pounds.  Please someone help!
I WOULD LOVE TO GIVE OR OFFER U SOME ADVICE AND/OR HELP BUT IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO MYSELF. IM SORRY.

September 17, 2008, 9:10 am CDT

losing weight

my name is tammy and i am 36 years old. i love the dr phil show and i watch all the time, i want to lose weight but nothing is working, i have tried diets after diets and nothing seems to work. I love food but i know that i shouldnt just sit on the couch and pig out. i hurt myself 10 years ago and i have had numerous sugeries on my left foot and ankle. i am limited to what i can do to excecise because my whole foot is fused together and i have no movement,

i really want to get this weight off, but i am trying so hard to do things that i am not suppose to do. i tried going to the gym, but it was to hard on my foot and back, i need some advice to how i can loose this weight,

i am depressed because all of my friends are skinny and i am the overweight one, and i can never figure out what i can wear when we go out in public, i get really sad and down on myself and i know i shouldnt be like that,

i really need some help and advice to lose this weight and i only have to loose 60 pounds to be my ideal weight for my height.

i am so glad that i have somewhere to go and talk about what i am feeling these days. also my mom had a heartattack on mothers day and that scared me also and that is another reason why i want to have a better life and healthy life.

Hope to talk later

gimpy

September 17, 2008, 3:12 pm CDT

Same old remedy

Quote From: tamgeor

my name is tammy and i am 36 years old. i love the dr phil show and i watch all the time, i want to lose weight but nothing is working, i have tried diets after diets and nothing seems to work. I love food but i know that i shouldnt just sit on the couch and pig out. i hurt myself 10 years ago and i have had numerous sugeries on my left foot and ankle. i am limited to what i can do to excecise because my whole foot is fused together and i have no movement,

i really want to get this weight off, but i am trying so hard to do things that i am not suppose to do. i tried going to the gym, but it was to hard on my foot and back, i need some advice to how i can loose this weight,

i am depressed because all of my friends are skinny and i am the overweight one, and i can never figure out what i can wear when we go out in public, i get really sad and down on myself and i know i shouldnt be like that,

i really need some help and advice to lose this weight and i only have to loose 60 pounds to be my ideal weight for my height.

i am so glad that i have somewhere to go and talk about what i am feeling these days. also my mom had a heartattack on mothers day and that scared me also and that is another reason why i want to have a better life and healthy life.

Hope to talk later

gimpy

Hi, Tammy.  This may sound "Dr. Philish", but, you know, he's all about getting real. =)  I've been singing your song for a long time, only in a different tune.  The familiar tune is excuses.  Yours is physical ailments (which I don't mean to discount), but there's always a way.  Learn what types of exercises you CAN do without causing harm to your back and foot.  AND WATCH WHAT YOU EAT!  I'm sorry, but really, what we eat sabatoges our dream.  If we excercise and eat whatever, we are LUCKY to maintain...and shouldn't be shocked if we gain.  I have been a workout-aholic for years, but I want to eat what I want...I HATE feeling deprived and like I can't have something I want.  So working out with that mentality KEEPS me where I am.  If I really want to get serious, it's a diet-exercise combo that will get me where I "want" to be.  I put "want" in quotes because it really is "so-called," meaning, I haven't really decided... I'm not COMMITTED yet.  Once we COMMITT, we're unstoppable. =)  Really, that IS the key.  We need to be willing to do WHATEVER is necessary....and it's not impossible, just uncomfortable.  I wish you sucess...I know it is hard, but you really can do it...all of us can if we choose to!!!!

Brenda

September 22, 2008, 9:18 am CDT

Trying....

Quote From: botnpd4

Hi, Tammy.  This may sound "Dr. Philish", but, you know, he's all about getting real. =)  I've been singing your song for a long time, only in a different tune.  The familiar tune is excuses.  Yours is physical ailments (which I don't mean to discount), but there's always a way.  Learn what types of exercises you CAN do without causing harm to your back and foot.  AND WATCH WHAT YOU EAT!  I'm sorry, but really, what we eat sabatoges our dream.  If we excercise and eat whatever, we are LUCKY to maintain...and shouldn't be shocked if we gain.  I have been a workout-aholic for years, but I want to eat what I want...I HATE feeling deprived and like I can't have something I want.  So working out with that mentality KEEPS me where I am.  If I really want to get serious, it's a diet-exercise combo that will get me where I "want" to be.  I put "want" in quotes because it really is "so-called," meaning, I haven't really decided... I'm not COMMITTED yet.  Once we COMMITT, we're unstoppable. =)  Really, that IS the key.  We need to be willing to do WHATEVER is necessary....and it's not impossible, just uncomfortable.  I wish you sucess...I know it is hard, but you really can do it...all of us can if we choose to!!!!

Brenda

Hi Brenda.  I must have read your words at least 30 times.. The word Commit is in my head.  I am trying.  I am trying to read Dr Phil's book, but when he tells you to look in the mirror and say something positive.. I put the book down and give up.  I, like Tammy, have back issues that stop me from excercising.  I have been out of work for months and have gained so much weight, I dont even feel well.  I want to stop.   Like you said, I have to commit.  I am far from being there.  I decided if maybe I write about it or maybe even  start a diary, it may help me.  Lets hope the next time I write, it will be on a better, (or lighter), note.   Good Luck to All!!!

September 22, 2008, 6:22 pm CDT

Anyone Watching "The Biggest Loser"?

I've never watched the show before and I have to say that after last week, I got motivated to get back to the gym and back on a weight loss program!!!  I've lost 10 lbs this week and I'm super excited!!

Anyone else watching/inspired?

January 16, 2009, 4:42 am CST

ineed to contact with u

hi dr.phil ireally want to be ur friend and ihave alot of things to ask u so please this my e-mail if y agree send to me ur e-mail irealy need ur help . thanx

January 20, 2009, 10:38 am CST

Diet

everyone swears by this diet and that diet...what do YOU think is the best way to lose weight?

February 18, 2009, 7:54 am CST

losing weight

Quote From: peculiarpeople

everyone swears by this diet and that diet...what do YOU think is the best way to lose weight?
I was overweight and depressed for years until I came across this amazing program called fit4lyfe.It completely changed my lifew hile maintaining who I was. It takes into consideration that a dieter and person who works out needs a life and has a life,maybe kidss too, and for me I hated working out. This program is a personalized one on one approach to successfully eating and working your way to losing weight and feeling great! check it out   www.fit4lyfe.webs.com

February 19, 2009, 10:20 am CST

weight loss time table?

Do you know....my husband tells me that you won't see results for at least a month...is he right? I have a hard time sticking to something when I can't see results quickly... I am at 165 now & can't seem to get under it. I go to 161-165 monthly. I want to get to 140. It  feels like it is taking FOREVER! Can it happen? How does your dieting time frame look?

First | Prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | Next | Last