Message Boards

Topic : Diet

Number of Replies: 372
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:35:57 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you a low-carb disciple? Is low-fat your mantra? What works for you when dieting? Share advice and tips for a healthy diet with others!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 1, 2005, 6:09 pm CDT

should i??

ok im a 16 yr. old girl & weigh about 134 pounds &  im 5'6"...ok is that normal???...cuz all my friends are like 5'5" & weigh like 120...sumtimes i look skinny but most of the time i feel & look fat & depressed..do u think i should lose sum weight??...but its reall REALLY hard 2 stay away caffiene & sugar when ur a teen!!!...please help...& if u do think i should go on a diet...what should i do 2 lose weight??

September 5, 2005, 1:04 pm CDT

Wanting to lose weight

Hello  

My Name is Jessica I am 15years old, I weight 147lbs I have no self confidence because I feel fat i am about 5 feet 6 inches tall.  I want to be able to get down to 115 - 120 lbs, I am in 10th grade and like all my friends are skinny and my height and standing next to them makes me feel really uncomfortable and I also hate the way I look in all of my clothes.  Is it ok to lose weight well at least as much as I want to, and what can I do to achive that goal.  

Jessica Marie  

September 9, 2005, 9:30 am CDT

Moderation is the key

The best way to lose weight is with moderation of all the macronutrients. Moderate carbs, moderate protein, moderate fat - the key is calories in vs. calories out. I usually do about 50% carbs, 35% protein and 15% fat. It ca be done with just proper nutrition and HARD work at the gym :) I think where most people go wrong is they go too easy in the gym. Push yourself during cardio get the heart rate up.

I ahd a webpage up that went into detain about my story but we moved and i don't have that cable internet company anymore. Bu tit was mostly just hard consistant work.

I went form 180lbs (5'1") to matainace weight of 120-125 at 13-14% bf and i compete at 110 at 8-9%
I posted my story under the title sahring my transformation story.
Here is my heaviest age 33 and my most recent competition age 41

September 19, 2005, 4:27 pm CDT

Losing weight slowly

II am 51 yoa & in the prime of my life.  I'm a farmer on our  family farm.  I raise sheep & have my own home business Felting the wool  making hats, rugs, etc. I also work part time at a  hospital.  I'm never bored & always have something that needs doing.  I'm physically active, but don't always eat right.  I've cut out all soda pop, cut down on sugar and eat more homecooked meals.  I'm slowly losing weight, but my husband is losing weight much faster.  On my drive home at night from the hospital, I eat to keep me awake.  I've started eating grapes,  pretzels & water.  My drive is 1 1/2 hours and I get home around 1am.  I'm wondering what other alternatives there are, rather than eating, to keep awake while driving.  I'm not overly tired but need to stay focused because of animals on the long, dark country roads. In my daily life I'm just weary.  I think if I lose the extra weight I'm carrying, I'll feel better.  I'm 6ft 1/2 inch and weight 224 lbs, which is way too much.  I know losing weight is do-able.  I was ultra skinny until I was 35 yoa.  There is always hope.

September 19, 2005, 4:38 pm CDT

You inspire me

Quote From: suzanneg

The best way to lose weight is with moderation of all the macronutrients. Moderate carbs, moderate protein, moderate fat - the key is calories in vs. calories out. I usually do about 50% carbs, 35% protein and 15% fat. It ca be done with just proper nutrition and HARD work at the gym :) I think where most people go wrong is they go too easy in the gym. Push yourself during cardio get the heart rate up.

I ahd a webpage up that went into detain about my story but we moved and i don't have that cable internet company anymore. Bu tit was mostly just hard consistant work.

I went form 180lbs (5'1") to matainace weight of 120-125 at 13-14% bf and i compete at 110 at 8-9%

Wow!  Thanks for sharing this.  It inspires me to work harder.  I'll take your advice and exercise more.

September 19, 2005, 4:45 pm CDT

You are so pretty

Quote From: jess1289

Hello  

My Name is Jessica I am 15years old, I weight 147lbs I have no self confidence because I feel fat i am about 5 feet 6 inches tall.  I want to be able to get down to 115 - 120 lbs, I am in 10th grade and like all my friends are skinny and my height and standing next to them makes me feel really uncomfortable and I also hate the way I look in all of my clothes.  Is it ok to lose weight well at least as much as I want to, and what can I do to achive that goal.  

Jessica Marie  

I saw your message when I logged on this website for the first time today.  Just be physically active in a regular schedule, like walking or swimming.  You look pretty the way you are and if you just maintain by eating smart, being active all your life.....you'll never have to diet.  Your skinny friends are probably too skinny and life will catch up with them all too soon.  I was skinny all my life and always felt uncomfortable around my friends.  Just be happy with who you are, and you will go far in life.  You're a very pretty girl.  Good luck to you. 

September 22, 2005, 5:45 am CDT

WOOOW!!!

Quote From: nahme13

Wow!  Thanks for sharing this.  It inspires me to work harder.  I'll take your advice and exercise more.
Girl I envy you I'm in South Africa and your replica i'm exactly like you WERE. How did you manage to have that will power. I haven't even visited a gym once but after today i'm heading straight to the gym. Good luck and keep it up

September 22, 2005, 5:48 am CDT

wowowowowowowowoooooooow!!!

Quote From: suzanneg

I'm in Souh Africa 

Keep it up girl. I'm still on the bottom of the hill. I haven't even set foot in a gym but after seeing this I'm heading straight to the gym. Where did you get the willpower girl? You look stunning, amazing and happy on the after picture. I envy you with all my heart KEEP IT UP you're my inspiration. 

September 26, 2005, 4:26 pm CDT

Diet

Quote From: rarybaby

I'm in Souh Africa 

Keep it up girl. I'm still on the bottom of the hill. I haven't even set foot in a gym but after seeing this I'm heading straight to the gym. Where did you get the willpower girl? You look stunning, amazing and happy on the after picture. I envy you with all my heart KEEP IT UP you're my inspiration. 

I saw slow change and each little bit of progress made me work harder.  Clothes would start to feel loose. Plusi really enjoyed my time at the gym.

Good luck to you

My site is now back up
https://home.comcast.net/~sgermano/MyHome.htm

This page is the progression as i lost the weight
https://home.comcast.net/~sgermano/suzannesprogression.htm

You can email me through the site if you have questions :)

October 1, 2005, 4:25 pm CDT

Quote From: hurtingurl

ok im a 16 yr. old girl & weigh about 134 pounds &  im 5'6"...ok is that normal???...cuz all my friends are like 5'5" & weigh like 120...sumtimes i look skinny but most of the time i feel & look fat & depressed..do u think i should lose sum weight??...but its reall REALLY hard 2 stay away caffiene & sugar when ur a teen!!!...please help...& if u do think i should go on a diet...what should i do 2 lose weight??
help??

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last