Message Boards

Topic : Exercise

Number of Replies: 272
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:36:32 pm
Author : dataimport
A staple of any weight loss plan is moderate daily exercise. Pilates, yoga, and aerobics are hugely popular, along with good old-fashioned walking! What exercises do you find most effective? Share your routine with us!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 4, 2008, 1:16 pm CDT

Exercise

Quote From: jenmarie2007

I am new here and I was just wondering if anyone knew  of any good exercises you can do AT HOME .... I have a busy life and going to  the gym every day is just not realistic right now!
I use the six second ab machine, jump rope for 2 min, free weights- bath tub push ups, mowing the grass helps burn calories and various other yard work- wear leg weights

August 6, 2008, 5:01 am CDT

feeling dejected

I know when I have lost weight before its come right back on. Its so much hard work to do it and then I overeat and get fat again. Its my fault, I keep doing it to myself. Its so frustrating. What do you guys do to stop repeating the cycle? Its taken its toll on my body. I want to have some things fixed.

August 15, 2008, 5:47 am CDT

key 1

I think the most important chapter in the book would be key one. If you re read it and really pay close attention to what your reading you can then make changes. You can start to realize how your negative thoughts are effecting your behavior.

Denise

September 11, 2008, 7:40 am CDT

extended seat belts

Quote From: foxtrot54

Its good that you want to help your friend with her weight.  When she decides its time, you might help her start by locating a medical professional who can assess what exercises, food and lifestyle changes she needs.  A physical exam is always a good idea before an inactive person begins exercising.

One thing that does concern me is that she isnt protected by a seat belt while in the car. This is the web address for a company that has seatbelt extenders and other things for larger people.  If you copy and paste it into your browser itll take you there:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=Po4u5yuDz5k&offerid=130913.623981203&type=10&subid=">Car Seatbelt Extender

Just so you know, I dont work for them or anybody else Im retired.  Until your friend is ready to lose weight she at least deserves to travel safely and find things in her size that she needs.

Auto dealerships (new car) by law must supply anyone that is overweight with seat extenders FREE.   I hope that she can get one soon.

September 11, 2008, 8:57 am CDT

rejoice with every milestone

Quote From: niteowl490

I wasnt always fat but I am 57 and probably 240 pounds with Diabetes II.  I want to know how can I lose weight when I cant exercise due to pain from Multiple Sclersosis? 

HI:

I have MS 61 female and I weight 240 pounds as well.  I don't have diabetes but  I do have osteoporosis.  I am in an electric wheelchair for mobility.  I have just found a fitness club that  I could do a program.  It is the first time that I have been on a treadmill and after starting in July at 2 minutes at the speed of a 1/2 a mile per hour and now I can do 18-20 minutes at 1 1/2 mile per hour.  I also started with weight training at 1 pound weights.  Now I am doing the full circuit machines with weights up to 45 pounds 2 times a week.  I go the Swimming pool three times a week.  I have not lost a pound even with changing my eating style.  I know that I have lost inches.  Don't get discouraged.  Start slow and rejoice for every inch of milestone you achieve.  May be we could be buddies.

September 12, 2008, 7:04 pm CDT

i lost 30 lbs in 6 months

Well back in feb '08 I was 200 lbs and im 5'6. I was devasted when i stepped on that weight scale.

Well that night i decided to work out and cut down my eating...7 months later I now weight  165 lbs and lean with muscle, I still need to work on my abs still have that little fat i think its the loose skin.

I didnt follow any books or video, i just didnt own my  own and proud of it..If I can do it you can do it as well.

September 12, 2008, 7:05 pm CDT

Exercise

Quote From: cece189

Well back in feb '08 I was 200 lbs and im 5'6. I was devasted when i stepped on that weight scale.

Well that night i decided to work out and cut down my eating...7 months later I now weight  165 lbs and lean with muscle, I still need to work on my abs still have that little fat i think its the loose skin.

I didnt follow any books or video, i just didnt own my  own and proud of it..If I can do it you can do it as well.

Sorry I made I mistake on this I meant that " I DID IT OWN MY OWN" ..sorry typo..

September 13, 2008, 4:49 pm CDT

Need Help with my weight

I had a baby 9 months ago and about 3 months later decided to get an IUD put in.  My doctors said that this would not make me gain weight but guess what, it did.  About 4 months after I put this in I gained 10 pounds and found out that the IUD gave me an ovarian cyst.  About 6 cm.  I had to have the IUD removed and now it seems like I cannot lose any weight.  I have been trying to cut back on everything eating wise and exercising but I still am at a standstill.  I'm not gaining anymore but am not losing either.  Has anyone out there had a cyst and is there any possible way that this is causing me to not lose any weight because my doctor is monitoring the cyst and has not decided if I need surgery or not.

September 15, 2008, 9:41 am CDT

Help Husband to excercise!!!

My Husband Al needs to lose weight. His Doctor told him if he exercises he will get his sugar down and his good cholesterol levels will go up and his tryglicerides will lower. If he doesn't change those numers in 6 months he will have to go on medications. He is already on thyroid medication and I have a hard time getting him to take that on a regular basis. Also a month has gone by since his visit to the Doctor and he has not done a thing to start exercising. I am so sad because his health is on the line and I just don't know what to do to help get him motivated. Please anyone help me.

September 18, 2008, 7:25 am CDT

Exercise was/is not my favorite...WLCKim

Hi, my name is Kim and I was on the orginal Weight Loss Challege with Dr. Phil! I lost 65 pounds while on the program and still live by the keys (well, most of them!) I want to wish all of the new winners success in changing their lives and being healthy.  I don't want to single out the people being supervised by the Dr. Phil team because they have a very strong support group. You people at home doing the challenge will need a team of your own to keep your motivation and stay on track. Write on the message boards, find a friend at your gym and meet regularly, find a personal trainer and by all means, CLEAN OUT YOUR HOUSE AND GET RID OF THE JUNK! That key makes the most sense to me and really works....you can't eat what is not there!

I am not going to lie to you all, I have put some weight back on but I can honestly say that I know how to get it off again and this program works when and ONLY when you make it a life style change. I will be working with you all to get about 20 pounds off again. I know what I did wrong and I have no one to blame but me for not working out! Anyone who was part of my message boards in the past knows I simply hate working out....never found it exciting like others did BUT, the fact is that it is KEY to getting fit and staying fit. It's not an option if you want to lose and keep the weight off. 

So, everyone....HIt the gym, clean out your fridge and closets and get ready to start feeling and looking better!  I have some wonderful memories of the Dr. Phil crew along with the other challengers....give it all you have because this opportunity does not come everyday!

Kim - Weight Loss Challenger and one of the winners of Challenge 1.

First | Prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next | Last