Message Boards

Topic : Exercise

Number of Replies: 272
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:36:32 pm
Author : dataimport
A staple of any weight loss plan is moderate daily exercise. Pilates, yoga, and aerobics are hugely popular, along with good old-fashioned walking! What exercises do you find most effective? Share your routine with us!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 17, 2009, 10:46 pm CST

Exercise

I need help with weight loss. I am 38 years old and have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have had RA for 15 years and have had a hip replacement and a hip revision, which is doctor talk for another hip replacement. I am on medications that effect all of this.I have fluctuated with my weight for all 15 years, with various events and struggles that life throws you sometimes I have successfully lost weight and exercised and then I have failed. I am not completely unhappy with my current SIZE, cuz I know I've been bigger. My problem is I want to FEEL healthier and that normally comes with exercise and weight loss. I have a dairy allergy so a lot of the good for you snack foods I can't have. Even though I don't consume an excessive amount of calories, I absolutely can't exercise enough to get my heart rate up. I'm 5'9 and weigh between 200 and 210lbs. (this is not a singles ad I just wanted to allow for a weight visual). I have had water aerobics suggested but realistically my schedule won't allow it. Right now I"m on a medical leave but when I go back to work I work two jobs and have two kids. The time I would have to exercise is late late at night. Does anyone have any suggestions.

January 17, 2009, 10:48 pm CST

Exercise

Quote From: kat1lady

My Husband Al needs to lose weight. His Doctor told him if he exercises he will get his sugar down and his good cholesterol levels will go up and his tryglicerides will lower. If he doesn't change those numers in 6 months he will have to go on medications. He is already on thyroid medication and I have a hard time getting him to take that on a regular basis. Also a month has gone by since his visit to the Doctor and he has not done a thing to start exercising. I am so sad because his health is on the line and I just don't know what to do to help get him motivated. Please anyone help me.
Have you looked into buying a WI. It can really disguise the fact you are getting your heart pumping and it is fun for the both of you.

First | Prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next Page | Last Page