Message Boards

Topic : 07/14 End of the Year Follow-Ups

Number of Replies: 51
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 06, 2006, 07:09:34 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It's the end of the fourth year of the Dr. Phil show, and time to check in with the guests you can't stop thinking about! How's Dr. Phil's advice working for them? When John spoke with Dr. Phil, he didn't think his hoarding habits were a problem -- even though his junk squeezed his family out of the house and into a trailer! How did he do when seven trucks arrived to clean out his house? Plus, when Lisa gave birth to her son, she had terrifying visions of harming him. It's been a year and a half -- does she have control of her postpartum depression? And, Kathy had been suffering from anorexia for 16 years and was on her deathbed when Dr. Phil met her. How is she doing now? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 14, 2006, 12:12 pm CDT

??

Quote From: liowen

Great Gobs of Goose Hockey!  Whazaat mean...???
Great Gobs of Goose Hockey??? Yeah. I was referring to someone else's post that made no sense, thank you.

July 14, 2006, 1:20 pm CDT

Clutter Cleanup

I was very anxious and curious to see how they were going to help the family with extreme hoarding.  I can appreciate that the chore of emptying the house was a monumental task, but personally, I  am disappointed that they used a "quick fix."  I have to ask will this really help if the person who brought in all the clutter  - if he doesn't have to buckle down and make decisions and go through the steps and physical labor to rid the house of all that stuff.   I am not judging or putting anyone down.  This family seems extremely nice, hard working professionals, who simply got bogged down in major clutter and didn't know how to bail themselves out.  

I know several people who have lesser versions of this problem.  Many of them are Ebayers who brought in auction, yard-sale and flea market finds to sell online and ended up using a large portion of their houses to store the items.  If items needed work or didn't sell online at any particular moment, there was more stuff.  These people aren't crazy - they are not slobs, they are simply people who got caught up in Ebay frenzy and brought in more that they sold.  

I don't think most people who have extreme hoarding issues or those with Ebay clutter have the means to hire a crew and fleet of trucks to haul out the extras.  I know that there are limitations as to what can be  done for TV viewing sake, but I really wish they had been a little more real about solving the problem, rather than having a crew come in a do the work for them.  

July 14, 2006, 3:12 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Phil. End Follow Of The Up Year.  I like to see Brandon back on the Doctor Phil Show this year. Your show is outstanding this year. Keep up the good work.  See you next week. Well I------ 

had better close now. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------- 

July 14, 2006, 3:13 pm CDT

3 breast augmentations?

I wish that I would have known that Dr. Phil was going to have women that were going to compete for plastic surgery. I wouldn't ask for augmentation, but  could use a lift. If anyone knows about future chances for plastic surgery, please let me know. I am a 25 year old mother of three. I had three girls in three in a half years, and there is nothing that I can do to help the damage that these close pregnancies did to my breasts.Pre motherhood I was a 34c and in my first pregnancy I was fitted at motherhood maternity as a 34g. My breasts are now a 34dd and have fallen so far due to the massive engorgement that I suffered in my first pregnancy. I know that many mothers feel the same way, I just wish that I could feel sexy for my husband with my clothes off, and feel like my breasts look like those of a 25 year old woman, not a 55 year old woman. I would do this myself, get a lift, but like I said I am a student and have three kids, so I can't make that a priority in my life. I work on the rest of my body through running, and can handle most of the changes, but unlike the extra on my middle, my breasts have no hope at all.

July 14, 2006, 3:14 pm CDT

a mothers rage

I wish we could have all seen what happened to the abusive mother and those poor kids instead of the "boob chicks".Those children were far more worthy of an update!

July 14, 2006, 3:19 pm CDT

John the Clutter Guy

Wow.  Thirty tons . . . my husband said he'd really like to see you do one more follow up on John.  Although we saw one of the empty rooms he was standing in, we'd like to see his house a few months from now, with furniture in it . . . we'd like to see how his life has "normalized".  That would be good.  Amazing story!

July 14, 2006, 3:44 pm CDT

hoarding

I, too, was disappointed that we viewers weren't advised of a) how much time had elapsed, b) how many visits with the therapist it took to get him "ready" for the junk trucks, c) the method/personnel/time frame for "tagging" the items, or anything else that might actually be helpful for us at home.  

I specifically have a cousin with an admitted serious hoarding problem.  She lives in a rural area of Virginia (not anywhere near me), is disabled, has no family and is living on only her social security disability income.  She has no assets other than her home (w/mortgage) but is too young for any social services.  

She and I were both hoping that we'd get more details that might be of help to her.  This "We'll get you some help with your problem" and then fare thee well approach has really started to get under our skin.  If all we viewers wanted was to be voyeurs of the guests and their problems we'd be watching Maury.  We watch Dr. Phil because we USED to get information we could actually use.  We want a return to that format.  

July 14, 2006, 4:55 pm CDT

teen pregnancy

I'd like to see a follow up on the family with 2  young daughters that was having to deal with the older girl' s pregnancy and eventual delivery.  There was a fear the girl's behavior would lead to another preganacy.  The father was guilty of having an affair and pulling away from the family.  Are they still together? 

July 14, 2006, 5:48 pm CDT

request a followup story on police officer

I would love to see a follow-up on the young police officer who was shot in the face and his wife couldn't deal with the disfigurement.  You were going to provide plastic surgery for him and counseling for both he and his wife.  I really hope he is doing much better!

July 14, 2006, 6:09 pm CDT

Thank Goodness for that house

Hello Everyone  

I was so glad to see that house get cleaned out. I was so glad to see that clutter GONE.That family now has a place to live.   

The next step Dr. Phil can help with is getting Lowes in there to lay some new carpet. Maybe get the pee stains out of the wood work, paint the walls,  make that house as good as new...  

That would be a real interesting follow up.........  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last