Message Boards

Topic : Overeating

Number of Replies: 141
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:36:58 pm
Author : dataimport
At the end of the day, sometimes eating seems like the only thing that will comfort us. We've got to drop that habit and look for more healthy ways to relieve anxiety and stress! Share your tips for breaking the cycle.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 4, 2007, 7:00 pm CST

dieing to thin

I do over eat alot and i hate it ,but i feel my mouth is in control at times. I prefer to take diet pill or diet drinks. I depend on anything that has to be with helping me control my over eating. I spent thousands of dallars on diet pills and diet drinks and diet mixes. I feel the pills work better for me. But recently i found a new drink that seems to help me control my eating to the point where i don't want to eat. It's red bull. I do drink can after can like water and i feel the affect of that drink.  I'll keep drinking it until it does't work for me anymore ,then i'll find something else. As long as there drink and pills to help me control my over eating then i feel i have no choice. I do workout at the gym 5 days a week. I do alot of cardio and burn about 500 to 700 calories. I feel thats not enough. I looked up in the ediets wed site and it said i have to burn at least 1080 calories a day if i want to lose weight. Thats hard. So what do i do, i turn to the engery drink red bull to boost up my engery so i could burn off those unwanted calories that i eat by oer eating.

March 8, 2007, 9:16 am CST

Overeating

I hate my body most of the time and constantly think about losing weight. I can`t get myself stop overeating `coz food is just too good.......then when I decide "I´m gonna start dieting now" I get the feeling that I´m good in the way I am right now, a precious person, and I don´n have to change. so I drop the idea of loosing weight, but wake up the next morning worrying about it. What should I do?

March 25, 2007, 7:43 pm CDT

these help me stop bingeing -if live in LA read this

if you are anything like me, i have trouble finding satisfying yummy food that actually is good for me, does not make me feel like i am dieting, and fills me up. and when i don't, i get into trouble and binge or go to fast food and ruin my diet! but i found some new frozen foods that are sooo amazing. they are filling (even though the portion looks small, don't be fooled). they are so filling and the best part is they kinda fulfill that craving for like a good ol' fast food burger and chicken sandwich at ruby's. they are called LEANwiches. they are found only in stores in LA or san diego or orange county as i guess they are fairly new. they can be found at all gelson's and all bristol farms. i am telling you-- just try them! you will not be sorry. they come in bbq chicken sandwich with cheddar cheese, southwest chicken with pepperjacl cheese, adn classic cheeseburger. they are so easy and ttttttttttaaasssttty!! they take only 2 min in the microwvae. now that ive found these, i eat them for lunch at work with a slaad and they are good in WW pts and fill me up till dinner.

leanwiches.com

tell me whatcha think after you try them. i have lost 2.2 lbs for 2 weeks straight now and i thank that to eating a LEANwich everyday for lunch :-) ggood luck fellow dieters.

March 29, 2007, 9:46 am CDT

It depends

Quote From: chrissy0703

I love that you told her to exercise but it takes more than a "few minutes a few times a week".  Bottom line, and I'll say it over and over, you need to burn more than you are taking in.  For an average person to do that, It will take 30-60 minutes of cardio 4-6 times a week with weight training 2-3 times a week.  When I say cardio I don't mean sprinting uphill for an hour.  Start off by walking a few miles.  Work your way up to the full hour.  It is a long process and takes work and commitment.  I know, I've been there.
I lost over 80 pounds not doing what you describe as necessary. 
I didn't do anything but move around more in general,  and dance in the living room for about a half hour every few days.  

FWIW, 30 minutes is a "few minutes".   And its best to start slow and work up to the thirty in a row by breaking the thirty into pieces.   Just moving around more,  walking, standing, moving, makes a huge difference.  

March 29, 2007, 10:02 am CDT

Food IS good

Quote From: wolfsrain_

I hate my body most of the time and constantly think about losing weight. I cant get myself stop overeating coz food is just too good.......then when I decide "I´m gonna start dieting now" I get the feeling that I´m good in the way I am right now, a precious person, and I don´n have to change. so I drop the idea of loosing weight, but wake up the next morning worrying about it. What should I do?
 Food is good, but you have to moderate your intake or pay the price in fatness and ill health.

So instead of eating like a king at every meal,  choose times to eat more food carefully,  and the rest of the time eat for fuel and nutrition.   That can mean eat a fine dinner in the morning, and eat light the rest of the day,  or set aside days on the calender to eat something fancy, and eat plain food on the other days.    

I pretty much just changed what my normal diet consisted of.  I will never go back to eating crap food just to stuff my face.  HIgh flavor, hogh quality ingredients, and or a very special or comforting preparation.   If I eat something with a high calorie price,  it is going to be really something fabulous. 

On a day-to-day basis I eat simple, whole foods.  To tell you the truth,  I wuickly learned to prefer these foods to the junk I used to eat.  When I splash out,  and I do regularly, on a high calorie food, it is for something really worth it.  And I use a trick I learned.  The first two bites  of anything are the very best and most satisfying.   So I can have pretty much all the fun of eating like a sinner and still avoid being a fat glutton.

March 29, 2007, 10:06 am CDT

use your Braiiiiinnnnns

Quote From: thehairstylist

I do over eat alot and i hate it ,but i feel my mouth is in control at times. I prefer to take diet pill or diet drinks. I depend on anything that has to be with helping me control my over eating. I spent thousands of dallars on diet pills and diet drinks and diet mixes. I feel the pills work better for me. But recently i found a new drink that seems to help me control my eating to the point where i don't want to eat. It's red bull. I do drink can after can like water and i feel the affect of that drink.  I'll keep drinking it until it does't work for me anymore ,then i'll find something else. As long as there drink and pills to help me control my over eating then i feel i have no choice. I do workout at the gym 5 days a week. I do alot of cardio and burn about 500 to 700 calories. I feel thats not enough. I looked up in the ediets wed site and it said i have to burn at least 1080 calories a day if i want to lose weight. Thats hard. So what do i do, i turn to the engery drink red bull to boost up my engery so i could burn off those unwanted calories that i eat by oer eating.
 You are not ruled by some "mouth zombie".  You are in control.  The sooner you accept that you are in control of the movement of your arms to your mouth,   the sooner you will stop your over-eating.  You choose it.

April 16, 2007, 8:21 am CDT

overeat when nervous,anxious,depressed

well I mainly eat for all those feelings and when it comes to what I eat,  its junk food and then I overeat then i make myself purge because I feel guilty.I am 5'4  and weigh 190 and want to weigh about 135 so I need motivation and a workout buddie and most people that know me say my mother because she works out alot  her and my father run marathons but she doesnt understand me she nit picks on everything, and she doesnt even truly understand me about how I feel, its all about what she feels, I need someone to help me to lose the weight so I can be happy with myself, my clothes make me feel sick,  because they are tight, and  I need clothes to  go continue looking for a job, and gas is so high they watch every mile I go on my car, they pay for the gas.I   wish they knew how hard finding a  job was, I  had a job , got laid off and well I am up for anything I can get my hands on at this point, I have a few bills that I have to pay due to my stupididty with the internet scams I got checks that I thought was real and cashed them and well they were fake, counterfeit  and  I  owe like  6000 on all I got taken for and I  am stressed about all this

courtney

April 18, 2007, 3:51 pm CDT

Hi Courtney

Quote From: realcj

well I mainly eat for all those feelings and when it comes to what I eat,  its junk food and then I overeat then i make myself purge because I feel guilty.I am 5'4  and weigh 190 and want to weigh about 135 so I need motivation and a workout buddie and most people that know me say my mother because she works out alot  her and my father run marathons but she doesnt understand me she nit picks on everything, and she doesnt even truly understand me about how I feel, its all about what she feels, I need someone to help me to lose the weight so I can be happy with myself, my clothes make me feel sick,  because they are tight, and  I need clothes to  go continue looking for a job, and gas is so high they watch every mile I go on my car, they pay for the gas.I   wish they knew how hard finding a  job was, I  had a job , got laid off and well I am up for anything I can get my hands on at this point, I have a few bills that I have to pay due to my stupididty with the internet scams I got checks that I thought was real and cashed them and well they were fake, counterfeit  and  I  owe like  6000 on all I got taken for and I  am stressed about all this

courtney

Hey I don't know how old you are, but it's probally in your early twenty's or late teen's.  Your Mom is not ever going to understand, except that she has not been though what your going though and love her anyway.  Give your to your self exceptance stop looking to other people for them to approve of you.  Love yourself for who you are today, this miniute, this weight, this part of your life.  Be happy even if your weight isn't your ideal.  Get Dr. Phil's book the Ultimate weight solution and put his 7 steps into your daily routine.  But realize this you can be happy no matter what weight you are if you realize you are still you no matter what you weight.  Your uniquely you, no one in this world is just like you.  Love the skin your in.  Improve what you don't like and except that we were made faulted.  You will not lose your probelms be being thin.  Work on what is causing you to have weight issues.  Only you know what they are.  You can pick up clothes at Saver's or Goodwill for work and be able to have a new wordrobe for about a hundred bucks.  Good luck and if you walk four miles a day you'll be feeling better before you know it.  Walk at the mall 2 miles early in the day and 2miles later in the day.  Wall through the stores, but don't stop and it keeps you company you don't need anyone with you and you don't get bored.  I lost 50 pounds last year doing this and it's stayed off.        sweetg

April 18, 2007, 3:58 pm CDT

Overeating

Quote From: swchick

You are not ruled by some "mouth zombie".  You are in control.  The sooner you accept that you are in control of the movement of your arms to your mouth,   the sooner you will stop your over-eating.  You choose it.
You are so totally right and make me laugh!!!!!

April 30, 2007, 7:42 pm CDT

thanks for trying but i really need a good friend

Quote From: sweetg

Hey I don't know how old you are, but it's probally in your early twenty's or late teen's.  Your Mom is not ever going to understand, except that she has not been though what your going though and love her anyway.  Give your to your self exceptance stop looking to other people for them to approve of you.  Love yourself for who you are today, this miniute, this weight, this part of your life.  Be happy even if your weight isn't your ideal.  Get Dr. Phil's book the Ultimate weight solution and put his 7 steps into your daily routine.  But realize this you can be happy no matter what weight you are if you realize you are still you no matter what you weight.  Your uniquely you, no one in this world is just like you.  Love the skin your in.  Improve what you don't like and except that we were made faulted.  You will not lose your probelms be being thin.  Work on what is causing you to have weight issues.  Only you know what they are.  You can pick up clothes at Saver's or Goodwill for work and be able to have a new wordrobe for about a hundred bucks.  Good luck and if you walk four miles a day you'll be feeling better before you know it.  Walk at the mall 2 miles early in the day and 2miles later in the day.  Wall through the stores, but don't stop and it keeps you company you don't need anyone with you and you don't get bored.  I lost 50 pounds last year doing this and it's stayed off.        sweetg
 i feel as if  there is no reason to live right now, my parents dont listen when i try to give them hints that i need  her, my mother and well to tell you my age I am ashamed because of what you said, so tell you  that i will say older than  what you guessed, I  am bipolar and well i just dont know what to do anymore, i just want to give up, I weigh203 now and well I am just sick of the  weight issue and I am sickl of me looking like  this, but I am so unhappy with  everything in my life in chaos, the  job situation, i just feel that I am a complete failure and i just really wished i died back in 93 but god seen a reason  and i dont know why and then theres the  controlling boyfriend I had and well that was  just  crazy I thought he was  the only one for me and now i  just feel alone and just dont know what to do to get me out of this rut, if I  could be given a chance at a good job besides the factory industry maybe i would feel good about myself easily, i just think i would be better off gone away from   people that may or may not care, I am a NUISANCE TO THEM      REALCJ

First | Prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next | Last