Message Boards

Topic : Overeating

Number of Replies: 141
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:36:58 pm
Author : dataimport
At the end of the day, sometimes eating seems like the only thing that will comfort us. We've got to drop that habit and look for more healthy ways to relieve anxiety and stress! Share your tips for breaking the cycle.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 5, 2007, 6:08 am CDT

Need a good mental shaking!

Anybody have some tips for times when I'm weak and food is front of me? I'm 50 now, and really only need the equivalent of 2 meals a day to sustain my health and energy. It's difficult to eat less but that's what I need to do.
I like to have a glass of wine with dinner, but I've recognised that it lowers my resolve to say no to dessert, so I know this has to be off my list for awhile.

September 19, 2007, 1:11 pm CDT

Hungry all the time!

I am 53 years old, 5'8" and weigh 223 pounds.  I belong to Weight Watchers and I have set a goal for myself to lose 58 pounds and get back down to my goal weight of 165 pounds.  What helps me stay on track is to think positive thoughts and each day I write in my food journal, "I will weigh 165 pounds".  I know that in order to achieve my goal I must believe I can do it.  I lost weight in 1997 but gained it all back and some more to.  I know that I have to change my thinking about feeling selfish when I take care of myself.  Anyone else there feeling like me?

September 26, 2007, 2:40 pm CDT

please help

I really didn't know where to put this message but here it comes: I'm not very often asking for help, but I think that my weight problem can make me very sick very soon if I'm not getting help. I'm not fat I'm what people would call normal, my problem is that I don't like my body. Every day is a challenge for me, I try not to eat to much but i can't stop eating, and it is all the wrong food I'm eating. This is a normal day for me: 3 x white bread 2 x fruit 0,5-1L coca cola 0,25L Milk 1 piece of cake and maybe some candy And dinner. and something sweet after dinner - I don't know if that is a lot of food, but my weight is going up. I never do any kind of exercise.. or I'm biking 1km every day. I tried to eat more healthy and stopped drinking cola and actually I started to exercise twice a week, but my weight kept going up. Then I got "crazy", and I stopped the diet. Know I'm throwing up every day after dinner, and I hate it! - And I'm not losing weight. But I have to do it, and I know I won't stop before I have lost just some weight. Please help me to lose weight in a healthy way!!..

September 29, 2007, 6:25 pm CDT

try another board

Please try "ways to exersice in the house"board. It's a very active board with good people who care and can help support you as you learn new ways to be healthy. I've been posting there since April. Others have been there a lot longer. MB

October 15, 2007, 7:54 pm CDT

My son is getting bigger-I feel it's my fault.

I am worried about my son. He's 15, 5'5'', and weighs 221lbs.

He's been gaining weigh fast. He comes home from school and just sits around in his room. He's not motivated at all. He complains that he can't run because his knee hurts. He can't do sit-ups because his back hurts. There is always an excuse for not doing it. The reason why he's hurting is because he's packing too much weight. I have tried to motivate him into exercising, but nothing that I do works. I feel that it's my responsibility to make him exercise because he doesn't take care of himself. He gets mad at me when I mention exercising. He automatically says that I'm saying that he's fat. I've never told him that he's fat, I just say that he needs to take care of his body for health reasons. I've paid for the gym down the road from us. He went once, but only to play with the equipment. I even paid for his friend's admission for a month, but it didn't help. I told him that I'd do the exercises with him, but still yet that doesn't help. What is a mother to do? I can't sit back and watch him gain and just sit around the house wasting his time. Please give me some ideas that I may try with him.

December 11, 2007, 12:47 pm CST

The more I think about dieting, the more I eat.

December 13, 2007, 4:40 pm CST

I will be support for you.

Quote From: srutherford58

Hi, there.  Go into my profile and get my e-mail address and e-mail me.  I can help you and if all you need is a friend  to talk to, I'll be there too!

LOL,     Celeste

December 16, 2007, 4:16 pm CST

Overeating

Quote From: srutherford58

Hi, I can help you if you contact me at cav73@comcast.net.  I will be your friend that you can talk to anytime you want, and do whatever is in my power to help you.

LOL,    Celeste

December 16, 2007, 4:25 pm CST

I will be support for you.

Quote From: ericka91

I am worried about my son. He's 15, 5'5'', and weighs 221lbs.

He's been gaining weigh fast. He comes home from school and just sits around in his room. He's not motivated at all. He complains that he can't run because his knee hurts. He can't do sit-ups because his back hurts. There is always an excuse for not doing it. The reason why he's hurting is because he's packing too much weight. I have tried to motivate him into exercising, but nothing that I do works. I feel that it's my responsibility to make him exercise because he doesn't take care of himself. He gets mad at me when I mention exercising. He automatically says that I'm saying that he's fat. I've never told him that he's fat, I just say that he needs to take care of his body for health reasons. I've paid for the gym down the road from us. He went once, but only to play with the equipment. I even paid for his friend's admission for a month, but it didn't help. I told him that I'd do the exercises with him, but still yet that doesn't help. What is a mother to do? I can't sit back and watch him gain and just sit around the house wasting his time. Please give me some ideas that I may try with him.

Hi, I can help you if you contact me at cav73@comcast.net.  I will be your friend that you can talk to anytime you want, and do whatever is in my power to help you.

Have you tried maybe sitting down with him and giving him some goals to reach and then rewarding him for reaching those goals?  Being a 15 year old boy, he's probably very stubborn and defiant, but you know, the Prom is coming up in the Spring, and he will want to look good for that!  Maybe you can reward him with something for the Prom.  Maybe if he reaches his total goal and is looking much healthier, you can offer to do something like getting him a limo or something?  Try to reward him if he reaches certain goals and start posting pictures of Prom things around where he would see it.  Just an idea.

It doesn't have to be Prom, but think of something important to him and use that to reward him.  E-mail me for more ideas and I have a program that will help him lose that weight.

LOL,    Celeste

December 16, 2007, 4:28 pm CST

Are you ready for a change?

Quote From: bimbo2002

I really didn't know where to put this message but here it comes: I'm not very often asking for help, but I think that my weight problem can make me very sick very soon if I'm not getting help. I'm not fat I'm what people would call normal, my problem is that I don't like my body. Every day is a challenge for me, I try not to eat to much but i can't stop eating, and it is all the wrong food I'm eating. This is a normal day for me: 3 x white bread 2 x fruit 0,5-1L coca cola 0,25L Milk 1 piece of cake and maybe some candy And dinner. and something sweet after dinner - I don't know if that is a lot of food, but my weight is going up. I never do any kind of exercise.. or I'm biking 1km every day. I tried to eat more healthy and stopped drinking cola and actually I started to exercise twice a week, but my weight kept going up. Then I got "crazy", and I stopped the diet. Know I'm throwing up every day after dinner, and I hate it! - And I'm not losing weight. But I have to do it, and I know I won't stop before I have lost just some weight. Please help me to lose weight in a healthy way!!..

LOL,    Celeste

First | Prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next | Last