Message Boards

Topic : Overeating

Number of Replies: 141
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:36:58 pm
Author : dataimport
At the end of the day, sometimes eating seems like the only thing that will comfort us. We've got to drop that habit and look for more healthy ways to relieve anxiety and stress! Share your tips for breaking the cycle.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 24, 2008, 2:46 pm CST

its hard man?

its hard as hell to  watch what you eat 24 hours a dam day

February 8, 2008, 7:27 am CST

New

I'm new to the board and was looking for a good place to start.  Maybe I'm not looking in the right area, but it seems like a lot of the posts, except for this site, are a little old from 05, 06.  Anyway, I decided, at least with more enthusiasm than usual, to really try to lose this weight.  I have a lot to lose and need some motivation.  If I find a friend or two along the way, that would be great as I don't have too many close friends I can rely on.  I've set some goals (big and small), came up with a plan and a time line and now I'm working on the support.  I'm 50 and just lost my older brother unexpectedly.  He wasn't overweight, he just got really sick.  I'm ok with the grief part, but now I realize I need to really buckle down and start losing.  Well, thanks for listening.

February 8, 2008, 4:46 pm CST

Lauri

Quote From: auntlauri3

I'm new to the board and was looking for a good place to start.  Maybe I'm not looking in the right area, but it seems like a lot of the posts, except for this site, are a little old from 05, 06.  Anyway, I decided, at least with more enthusiasm than usual, to really try to lose this weight.  I have a lot to lose and need some motivation.  If I find a friend or two along the way, that would be great as I don't have too many close friends I can rely on.  I've set some goals (big and small), came up with a plan and a time line and now I'm working on the support.  I'm 50 and just lost my older brother unexpectedly.  He wasn't overweight, he just got really sick.  I'm ok with the grief part, but now I realize I need to really buckle down and start losing.  Well, thanks for listening.
Hey Lauri - Doesn't seem like much is happening on this board,but maybe we can get something started.  I also need to lose some weight, well, actually alot of weight, and have been trying, but seem to get sidetracked on the exercise part.  I have everything here to get me going, just too darn lazy to do it.  I am so sorry about your brother, I know what it's like to lose a sibling.  I lost my sister, and I am still grieving.  We were so close, I feel like she took part of me with her.  Well, that is about it, I am 65 by the way.  Talk later, Barb.

February 9, 2008, 6:21 am CST

Overeating

Quote From: bears4bar

Hey Lauri - Doesn't seem like much is happening on this board,but maybe we can get something started.  I also need to lose some weight, well, actually alot of weight, and have been trying, but seem to get sidetracked on the exercise part.  I have everything here to get me going, just too darn lazy to do it.  I am so sorry about your brother, I know what it's like to lose a sibling.  I lost my sister, and I am still grieving.  We were so close, I feel like she took part of me with her.  Well, that is about it, I am 65 by the way.  Talk later, Barb.
Thanks, Barb.  I'm sorry you lost your sister.  I was really close to my brother and feel like I lost part of me, too.  Believe me, I understand how you felt!  I guess I'm kind of lazy and maybe a procrastinator, too when it comes to losing weight and exercising.  Why we do this to ourselves, I'll never know.  I was going to try first of the yr. but then my brother got sick and everything got put on hold.  I work full time and have 2 kids and it was really tough.  I finally asked for a couple weeks off work so I could just relax and get my act together.  It's been crazy.  Today, is Saturday.  Maybe we'll lose some weight and exercise too by next Saturday!!  Talk to you later, Lauri 

February 11, 2008, 8:51 am CST

Overeating

Quote From: auntlauri3

I am also new to this bored and I really need to lose 100lbs.

I need an e-mail buddy so maybe we could keep each other on track.  If you're interested, please let me know!

February 18, 2008, 3:21 pm CST

Feeling Big? how about feeling Thin?

Quote From: lahinsc

I need an e-mail buddy so maybe we could keep each other on track.  If you're interested, please let me know!

I am 30years old and still feel I am in a 17year old body,  I weigh  8.1/2  stone man thats small, I have skin with very few age wrinkles, I still get ask for age prove :)
Well the fact is this, I use to be down for a long time as I could not put weight on, I was fed up of hearing well thats because you are you, but doctors would not do nothing and still refuses.
Well I got a friend who is big, she complaines all the time, but as I said many times, it's only big people who complain and really get the chance to do somthing about it with lots of help to help your self.
So now I just like to bring into light, think the skinny 1ns ;) too, we suffer also.
Some times If I could be big, I would love it, but as you ant to know what is I eat?
Well they say Americans love bugers, well you not met me, I spend in a month around 90€ alone on juicy burgers, I eat most fatty foods, I love eating fat when meat is cooked.
Candy I like very much, coffee, i drink around 15 cups per day easy with 3 sugars.
I eat and eat, but my body will not budge up, I was thinking of having fat injected into me as some one was having it removed.
So all you biggy stop moaning and think of us Skinnies.
Just wanted to say my piece, that the world just not involve arount big people, and if any1 is goin to make a reality show making skinny people Big, please please please, let it be me 1st. :) thanks for ready hit me back if ya gonna chat, if not well Take-Care-Me-Dam-Me-Clear-Me-Gone      Till next time :)

August 5, 2008, 5:45 am CDT

oh man i relate

I have worked out the key times I overeat and caught myself thinking I wanted ice cream and pizza today. Instead I had a subway sandwich and I waited until a reasonable time to snack on water crackers and tsatsiki dip... I overeat after work and dinner usually, I cannot turn off from eating thats when I have to watch myself.

September 10, 2008, 7:13 pm CDT

100 lbs to lose

Quote From: lahinsc

I also need to lose 100+ lbs. It is overwhelming just to think of it. I have lost 60 lbs twice! I can't believe that I gained that weight back. I have health issues and am on prednisone which makes it more challenging but not impossible. I really want to lose the weight before I ruin the one aspect of my health that I still have control over!

Sue

January 9, 2009, 7:37 pm CST

OVER EATING IN TEENS

Quote From: finnice

I am 30years old and still feel I am in a 17year old body,  I weigh  8.1/2  stone man thats small, I have skin with very few age wrinkles, I still get ask for age prove :)
Well the fact is this, I use to be down for a long time as I could not put weight on, I was fed up of hearing well thats because you are you, but doctors would not do nothing and still refuses.
Well I got a friend who is big, she complaines all the time, but as I said many times, it's only big people who complain and really get the chance to do somthing about it with lots of help to help your self.
So now I just like to bring into light, think the skinny 1ns ;) too, we suffer also.
Some times If I could be big, I would love it, but as you ant to know what is I eat?
Well they say Americans love bugers, well you not met me, I spend in a month around 90 alone on juicy burgers, I eat most fatty foods, I love eating fat when meat is cooked.
Candy I like very much, coffee, i drink around 15 cups per day easy with 3 sugars.
I eat and eat, but my body will not budge up, I was thinking of having fat injected into me as some one was having it removed.
So all you biggy stop moaning and think of us Skinnies.
Just wanted to say my piece, that the world just not involve arount big people, and if any1 is goin to make a reality show making skinny people Big, please please please, let it be me 1st. :) thanks for ready hit me back if ya gonna chat, if not well Take-Care-Me-Dam-Me-Clear-Me-Gone      Till next time :)

I HAVE A TEEN AGE DAUGHTER THAT LOVES TO EAT. I FOUND OUT THROUGH THE DOCTORS CARE THAT SHE IS PRE DIABETIC AND NEEDS TO LOSE 55LBS.  IT IS A DAILY STRUGGLE FOR ALL OF US THAT IS IN THE HOUSE. WE ALL MADE CHANGES IN OUR EATING HABITS JUST TO HELP HER. BUT SHE STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT SHE CAN'T EAT LIKE SHE ONCE DID. I AM WORRIED ABOUT HER AND I AM ALMOST AT MY BREAKING POINT. I TRY TO KEEP HER BUSY, JUST TO KEEP HER MIND OFF OF FOOD I CANT BE WITH HER 24/7.  WE DO EXERCISE STARTING 5AM EVERY MORNING AND SHE EXERCISES IN THE AFTERNOON WHEN SHE RETURNS HOME FROM SCHOOL, PER DOCTORS ORDERS. BUT HER HEART IS NOT IN IT, UNTIL IT IS SHE WILL CONTINUE ON THE PATH THAT SHE DOES NOT NEED TO GO. I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON HER, BUT I DO NEED ADVICE. PLEASE DR. PHIL I NEED YOUR HELP , EMAIL ME BACK WITH  ANY THING THAT MIGHT HELP.

February 4, 2009, 11:38 am CST

Overeating

Hi, I am brand new to this message board. I am a 27 yearold woman with a 6 yearold son. Before I had my son I was slim and healthy and now I am overweight and unhappy and still can't figure out how to lose the weight. My discusting weight was also a reason my husband of 7 years divorced me..and as devistating as it was it still was not enough to motivate me...I would love advice

First | Prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next | Last