Message Boards

Topic : Staying Motivated

Number of Replies: 324
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:37:25 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your tips and strategies to stay motivated and on the path. You can do this!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 11, 2006, 8:08 pm CST

I am new to this. . .

Hello everyone I am very new to this.  I do not know quite how exactly these message boards work.  With that being said, my name is Vanessa Elizondo. I am 5'8" weigh 180 pounds and am looking to lose at least 35 pounds. I feel I should add in high school I weighed much more. I am 20 years old and a full-time college student (if I may add I graduate this May with my associates and then I will be transferring to earn my bachelors degree in business).  I have been struggling for years to lose weight.  It seems as if I have been on a diet since I was a freshman in high school if not sooner than that.  I just really need to get focused and stay on track.  It is easier said than done and every time I get started I lose momentum and I fail.  It is discouraging to me and I am losing my sanity it seems.  Basically it consists of each time I eat something I feel like a disgrace.  That sums it up in a whole.  I wake up in the morning, I pass the mirror and I am disappointed in what I see.  I want a better body.  I feel I deserve a better body.  I do not want to settle with what I have.  I know deep down in my gut I have potential to do something great with my body.  I deserve to be happy and for me personally I cannot be happy until I achieve my goal.  Now I know this is a gradual process that takes time and dedication, but everytime it seems as if I take a step forward I take two steps back.  There is so much more it seems, but not enough time for my to type it all out. If there is anyone who has any questions just as me. My email is vanessa_rose3304@yahoo.com  I am typing this on here to see if there is someone, anyone who can relate to me or I could relate to and maybe, hopefully I could get support from and give support to someone as well.  God Bless.

January 11, 2006, 11:15 pm CST

speed the metabilism up.

Quote From: salmaabter

hi i'm sam. i have been losing weight for about three months however in the in december alone i have gained about 4kgs and i don't like it, i don't drink coke and i barely have any sweets but i'm still gaining. however i'm not in an extremely healthy diet, i just eat like i normally do, two meals and maybe a snack in between. PLEASE HELP ME, i went from 71kg's to 62kg's and now i'm back to 65. do you know what i can do. 

do you eat breakfast within a hour of rising? because it kick stars your metabalism, and do go anylonger then 5 hrs with out food(except sleep). 

ive had 2 kids in less then 2 years and i used to be 50kg, i went up to 80kg in my last pregnency. i walked out of hospital still weighing 75kg, all i done to get down to 55kg in 5 months afer birth was eat a bowl of muslie with skim milk every morning after rising, eat a piece of fruit mid morning, have sandwich or pasta for lunch, fruit arvo tea and meat and veg for dinner. oh and most important water lots of it. when ever i feel peckish or hungrey i drink a heap of water and if i still feel hungrey i have a snack. that along with doing sit ups, sqwats, bum walks, push ups, crunches and half our walk.  the hardest part is to stick with it, but i had a goal then was to be thin for my wedding and i was. give it a go its not hard and if it works bonus. 

January 12, 2006, 11:51 am CST

Looking for motivation tips

Hi, The Ultimate Weight Solution has changed my life and while browsing the Dr. Phil message boards I happened upon this one. It probably caught my eye because my motivation needs some motivating. I do really well from morning until late afternoon and then I fight the urge to eat mindlessly through the evening. Anybody else experiencing the same? Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Thanks 

January 12, 2006, 6:04 pm CST

fighting the munchies

Quote From: ser_enity

Hi, The Ultimate Weight Solution has changed my life and while browsing the Dr. Phil message boards I happened upon this one. It probably caught my eye because my motivation needs some motivating. I do really well from morning until late afternoon and then I fight the urge to eat mindlessly through the evening. Anybody else experiencing the same? Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Thanks 

hi there i too have the same evening munchie attacks. in the afternoon i try and go for a walk with my daughter. and ive also found instead of watchin telly at night i do cross words or something that involves thinking and using my hands. well for me i've found that eat with bordom. so try and keep the mind and hands occupied and see how that gose.

January 12, 2006, 9:21 pm CST

motivation for losing weight

Hey, 

Got a question for you?  How do I stay motivated to lose weight while on severe restrictions due to back injury?  Nothing overhead, no bending, no stooping, no lifting over 15 pounds, no right hand work, etc...,,, I'm getting really down on myself and just want to eat, eat, eat.  Help! Jewels 

January 13, 2006, 6:24 am CST

know what you mean

Thanks 

Hi!

Im also making healthy weight loss a priority at the moment. But to comment on Dr Phils program, I like most of it, but I need a night meal too. Maybe you could afford to spend some calories on a planned snack at 8-9 pm, whichever you prefer. This way, the time between dinner and breakfast doesnt have to seem like an eternity (how do you spell that?).  

Also, try and plan some fun activities/activities to keep you busy in the evening to take your mind off food. I think you´re likely to adapt to your new healthy eating habits soon, and after a while the evenings that seem sooo long will come more and more seldom. 

Good luck! and remember to make healthy mature choices. You are worth succeeding just as much as the next person, and although theres other things to life than being a good size, you wont be sorry that you gave yourself this health boost.! 

/Maria 

January 13, 2006, 12:43 pm CST

Having a motivated day

Hi Jewels: If you are comfortable walking it is still probably the most healthy form of exercise and can bring great results.  

Maria: Thank you for your reply. I was fighting an afternoon snack attack right when I read your message so my healthy mature choice is to skip it so that I can enjoy supper out tonight. 

January 13, 2006, 6:10 pm CST

Hi Ser enity...

Good job on the decision this afternoon to not eat, and save your caloric intake allotment for something really important --- like a dinner out!!  Hope you enjoyed it, and made wise decisions about that, too. 

I am also new to this board, and need lots of motivational support.   Do you do a lot of walking yourself? 

January 13, 2006, 8:08 pm CST

staying motivated

Hi Jewels: If you are comfortable walking it is still probably the most healthy form of exercise and can bring great results.  

Maria: Thank you for your reply. I was fighting an afternoon snack attack right when I read your message so my healthy mature choice is to skip it so that I can enjoy supper out tonight. 

Thanks for the reply, 

If the weather is somewhat decent, I will try to get out and go for a walk tomorrow - at least a short one, just for a different  scene, and some fresh air.  I will try if it's not raining too bad! Jewels 

January 14, 2006, 11:16 am CST

Anybody motivated today?

Hi Jewels: Have you been motivated to go walking in the rain today? 

Hi Q: Since I've learned the truth about the 7 Keys, my Key 6 exercise has mainly been going to a women's workout center at least 3 times a week. At home I use various methods; Leslie Sansone walking tapes; a rebounder or  a "cardiofit". But several years ago I lost some weight and walking was my exercise then. Usually 1-2 miles briskly everyday. 

N. 

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last