Message Boards

Topic : Staying Motivated

Number of Replies: 324
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:37:25 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your tips and strategies to stay motivated and on the path. You can do this!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 5, 2008, 7:37 pm CDT

Motivation-just more Bs

Ok here is my problem. I am 26 I am going to college and because of health problems and bad anxiety I have been out of work for about a year. I am still attending college and, I have to Have a job.

now thing is I have gone to numerous places for work and I have dressed nice and went on time each time for an interview and had a great outstanding attitude, and was turned down for the job. Yet I have friends and family who have found jobs no problem, yet they are all thin to say the least. I feel that its total garbage that if you gain weight because of partying or you have a slow metabalism and it is harder for you to loose weight then others-You will be subject to discrimination by employers. Image now a days is important to a lot of places. I mean my sister compared to me is not as intelligent or as friendly with other people as I am but because of her healthy body at her current state she wsa hired everywhere she went. Same as my friend. i am not narsasistic or think im better then anyone else but when I am not hired at a place like a resturaunt or a place where you work with customers cause of my weight or looks, that is comeplete crap. I gurentee that next time you go t oa resturaunt liek chillies or applebees or pizza hut or any place like that you will not see any people that are either overweight or ugly in any way. that is discrimination basing who you have work for you, if you base that decision on looks. So how is that suppossed to make me feel. I mean i remember when i was 12 and i wsa fit and. I was populer with the ladies. yet when I got over wegiht during junior high woman seemed to be disgusted by me, and, that is also what i believe happens when i have gone to apply for jobs. I mean if i go to a resturaunt and want a job and I am able to do the work yet in thier minds I cant get the job cause of my weight, people would just say oh nevermind just g oto a place where you have to work in the back of a store if there is a position there, are a gas station.

well that is pretty much the first step to a bigger F-you to people who gain extra weight and are not deemed worthy. I guess if we have any imperfections we should just all go hide in our dungeons and, allow the better people to do what they want. I may have made some spelling errors and have had run on sentences but what I said is valid i believe. people discriminate against others in the work force cause of image, not to mention race, but that is not what im talkign about. just wanted to add that little bit of info. Either way racial or discriminating because someone doesnt fit the perfect image is ignorant and has to be delt with. because today it will be restuaunts and tomorrow who knows.

May 5, 2008, 7:48 pm CDT

keep going-dont stop

Quote From: dessa59

HELLO,

I WAS WANTING SOME ADVICE ON GETTING STARTED AND LOSING THE WEIGHT I NEED TO LOSE. WOULD YOU TELLME HOW YOU DID IT.

Its hard carrying that extra weight, trust me i know I have recently been going to the gym atleast once a week. Also I have been sad and angry cause it seems like if I try and go for a job they will just send me away saying sorry you're not thin go away. also I dont have anyone in my life, cause when i started to gain weight woman viewed me as garbage- Thing is though atleast I have friends, and if you need a friend try and email people cause there are people out there that know what you are going through.

I do.....so keep going strong and remember those people out there that are super models and are thin and , everything, most of them wouldnt have the brain power to fuel a hotwheels car if brains were gas.

it takes heart to be a model or anything else...... as long as you have that you are golden...

May 12, 2008, 5:09 am CDT

I have just got started

And I would like some feedback on what I am doing, just to keep me going so to speak..

Because of the fact that my support system isn't that large, I have made a blog that I write in every day. Feel fre to come and visit, and bare with me in my sometimes crappy english..

May 12, 2008, 5:12 am CDT

Staying Motivated

Quote From: trainingwoman

And I would like some feedback on what I am doing, just to keep me going so to speak..

Because of the fact that my support system isn't that large, I have made a blog that I write in every day. Feel fre to come and visit, and bare with me in my sometimes crappy english..

And I left out the adress to my blog, sorry..

http://trainingwithme.wordpress.com/

June 3, 2008, 7:19 am CDT

I need help as well...

I am weighing 255 pounds I started off at 285 30 pounds lighter in just 3 months but now its like I cant get back on track. I stopped for a day thinking i can handle it but it lead off to a month with out following my diet and going to curves fitness center for women only... I started to go back to the gym yesterday (monday the 2nd of June 2008) and I started my diet this morning... I am hoping with this sight I can get some feed back that will help me stay motivated.... I really would love to lose 100 pounds by my next birthday being that I turn 25 tomorrow its exactly a year from now... I know its going to be hard but maybe with your help and motivation i can do it..... I have always been heavy but not as big as i am now.... Help!

June 3, 2008, 1:29 pm CDT

Staying Motivated

Quote From: yanellevilorio

I am weighing 255 pounds I started off at 285 30 pounds lighter in just 3 months but now its like I cant get back on track. I stopped for a day thinking i can handle it but it lead off to a month with out following my diet and going to curves fitness center for women only... I started to go back to the gym yesterday (monday the 2nd of June 2008) and I started my diet this morning... I am hoping with this sight I can get some feed back that will help me stay motivated.... I really would love to lose 100 pounds by my next birthday being that I turn 25 tomorrow its exactly a year from now... I know its going to be hard but maybe with your help and motivation i can do it..... I have always been heavy but not as big as i am now.... Help!
Everyone cheats, just move on, don't beat yourself up about it and do better on your next meal.   Having a goal is great, but putting pressure on yourself to be 100lbs lighter by your next birthday is sabotage.   It's going to make you crazy trying to be a certain size by a certain time.    Just decide to live and eat normaly for the rest of your life and the weight will come off naturally on it's own.   

July 15, 2008, 6:17 pm CDT

Staying Motivated

Quote From: yanellevilorio

I know how you feel.  I just failed again myself. :(  I did so wonderfully for over a month, even lost 25 lbs., but then suddenly bang!, no more motivation.  I started stuffing my face on garbage food again and I stopped riding my exercise bike everyday.  I've already gained back close to 10 lbs.  My highest weight was 335 lbs. and I am right back on my way to it again, probably plus some.  I don't know how to stay motivated for life.  I am so lazy and such a dissapointment.   

August 29, 2008, 2:25 pm CDT

Should I feel insulted?

I've been on a diet for about 7 weeks and have dropped 12 pounds.  I'm working out three times a week as well as riding my bike whenever I can.  I was a size 14 but have been getting back into my size 12's.  Would like to lose another two sizes at least.  Anyway,  the exercise is helping me slim down but the scale has been stuck at the same number for a couple of weeks.  Last night I said to my husband, "Help, I need some inspiration."  He said, "Well, you're not drinking enough water and you shouldn't have had that Diet Coke after dinner."  I said, "I was looking for inspiration, not chastisement."  He said, "Well, you've got to stick with it.  You have no idea how bad you looked before."  I was crushed and embarrassed.  He apologized this morning but I'm still pretty upset about what I perceive as his shallowness.  Feedback would be greatly appreciated here.  Thanks.

September 10, 2008, 5:59 pm CDT

Harer it seems without supports around...

I know...soo many can relate to not being able to get motivated again...continuing to lose weight/for some just starting out on that road...but my question needing feedback is...how do you find support systems without going to a weight loss centre (rather not, don;t have money for that right now!)..or having anyone nearby to help motivate me to walk..and work on losing more weight!

Any feedback?

Are there ways of feeling good about getting out on your own..to walk/exercise?

September 14, 2008, 2:20 pm CDT

Marriage is suffereing because I am 100 pounds overweight.

Anyone else out there with a husband who is very unhappy because of your weight?  I am really struggling.  I want  to make him happy but then I forget all about it when I see a plate of brownies or I get hungry.  I KNOW I am addicted to food but what is the key to getting control?

First | Prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Next | Last