Message Boards

Topic : What's Your Payoff for Being Overweight?

Number of Replies: 448
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:37:55 pm
Author : dataimport
It's time to reflect on what makes us stay at an unhealthy weight. Share your story and get support from others who understand.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 31, 2005, 11:58 am CDT

Why Not?

Quote From: ruthmbooth

Payoffs For Being Overweight:   1. Cravings are at the top of all binges. 2. A need to go with the flow of the crowd. 3. Not doing as I should; but what they do. 4. Giving in to pier pressure. 5. Loneliness. 6. Boredom. 7. Too lazy to give a hoot. 8.  Don't be a couch potato! 9.  Do anything; just keep moving. 10. Phone a friend or member of the family. 11. Find a easy exercise and enjoy it. 12. Visit someone who needs a friend. 13. Take up a hobby,sports,or sewing. 14. Drag out the ironing board and iron.    

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN THE SAME THINGS THAT I AM, GIVE ME
A SHOUT. WE DON'T HAVE TO WRITE ABOUT PAYOFFS, IT CAN BE ANY

THING RELATED TO WEIGHT LOSS OR STRUGGLING WITH FOOD ADDIC-

TION.

I'M ONLY HERE TO GET HELP AND OFFER MY HELP,PRAYERS AND LOVE.

MY WEIGHT STARTED WHEN I GOT PREGNANT WITH MY FIRST CHILD

OVER 60 YEARS AGO. MY HIGHEST WEIGHT WAS 213 LBS. AND I AM

60 LBS. LIGHTER TODAY. I'M NOT ASHAMED I THANK GOD AND DR.PHIL

AND MANY OTHERS ALONG THE WAY. RUTHIE FROM MICHIGAN

August 2, 2005, 8:45 am CDT

What's Your Payoff for Being Overweight?

Dear Loopers, I haven't gotten any response from anyone out their in Ciberspace. "Don't be afraid...... I won't bite. Having problems and just want to share on this topic.Male or Female makes no difference.We all have a problem with excessive food in our life. Why not reach out and touch someone? Ruth Marie

August 2, 2005, 9:33 am CDT

first step to reach someone

Hello there! I live in Sweden and I watch Dr Phil show very often but we cannot see them as new.  I mean the same week they send the program in US  is not when they send it here. I wonder when I can see the maerican tv show here in Europe. Anyway my payoff is that men are not so interested as they would be if I lost 30 pounds. I have difficulty to say no and to put up borders. I would like to lose weight and have bought all the books by Dr Phil about the topic but I postpone  to change my eating habits because I have moved inte a relationship with a man that eats even worse than I do. It seems as I have to be soooo strong and determined to be able to change anything. Well I write  this to see if anyone out there will answere. Love and support to all of you who struggle with overweight.

August 5, 2005, 7:24 am CDT

Ruth,

HI JO, THANKS FOR SENDING YOUR INPUT AND AS I SEE FROM THE BOARD YOU ARE DOING JUST  

FINE. YOU SAID,"lIVE YOUR OWN LIFE AS YOU WOULD WANT IT TO LIVE! ONE OF MY MOTTOS IS: 

"lIVE AND LET LIVE" ANOTHER ONE IS TAKE IT EASY.I AM DOING JUST FINE AND AM GLAD TO HAVE A SUCESSFUL DAY. I LOST A MESSAGE THAT TOOK A LONG TIME WRITING; BUT HOPE 

THIS GETS SENT.MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU. HUGS, RUTH MARIE 

I found out if you are logged on for more than 20 minutes with no activity you will be dropped off. So if you are logged on, and just reading others posts, or take awhile to compose a post, you could be dropped off. It's annoying, it's happened to me a couple of times. The staff says it is so that someone else can't come along and post in your name, if you've stepped away from the computer I guess, or if you're on a network.

August 6, 2005, 1:16 pm CDT

SWEET'N LOW?

Hi Everybody, I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a box of SWEET'N LOW and 

later that same evening I was reading an Article by Kay Sheppard called "Making  

Appropriate Choices." Kay said that if your sweeteners have Dextrose in it; "Don't use 

it.  What am I suppose to do? I have the choice to trash it; which I've already came 

to that conclusion. 'TRASH IT' Don't you think that is a good choice? If I was to deside to 

use it , who knows maybe I would be open for a Relapse...I wish I could ask Dr.Phil on this one. Love, Ruth Marie  

August 6, 2005, 2:03 pm CDT

What's Your Payoff for Being Overweight?

I like the New Message Board; but we don't get     

a message back soon and somedays none at all. 

When I speak out on this Board I want to be heard.  

If I don't get any replys I feel left out! 

Soon I'll say, "I'm out of here! Hugs, Ruth Marie 

August 6, 2005, 2:32 pm CDT

What's Up Doc?

I like the New Message Board; but we don't get     

a message back soon and somedays none at all. 

When I speak out on this Board I want to be heard.  

If I don't get any replys I feel left out! 

Soon I'll say, "I'm out of here! Hugs, Ruth Marie 

Hello Everyone, This day will soon came to an end. What have I done that  

really makes a difference? I feel that my messages have fallen on a bunch 

of deaf ears. I don't want to be sarcastic; but somebody has missed the boat 

right along with me.(giggle) Do you have a since of humor? Hugs, Ruth Marie 

August 6, 2005, 3:18 pm CDT

Hello! And Goodnight...

Hello ! This is your sweet kitty saying,"Goodnight, see you tomarrow...Ruth Marie  

August 7, 2005, 3:12 pm CDT

Ruth,

Hi Everybody, I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a box of SWEET'N LOW and 

later that same evening I was reading an Article by Kay Sheppard called "Making  

Appropriate Choices." Kay said that if your sweeteners have Dextrose in it; "Don't use 

it.  What am I suppose to do? I have the choice to trash it; which I've already came 

to that conclusion. 'TRASH IT' Don't you think that is a good choice? If I was to deside to 

use it , who knows maybe I would be open for a Relapse...I wish I could ask Dr.Phil on this one. Love, Ruth Marie  

I switched to Splenda for several reasons. Aspartame (which is the sweetener in Sweet'n'Low) has been controversial ever since it came out. Aside from the health question, it has a shelf life and can't take heat. (Ever had a diet soda that is past it's "prime" date, or been sitting out in the sun? YUCK!) Splenda is made from sugar, but does not affect your body like sugar, and can be cooked with too. It's taste beats aspartame hands down too. Coke and Pepsi both have soft drinks out made with it, and many other products are being made with it too. I saw canned peaches sweetened with it the last time I shopped. So, I would look at your stash of Sweet'n'Low this way: I'm not wasting it by throwing it away, I can only waste it if I eat it. But that's just me...

August 7, 2005, 3:18 pm CDT

Ruth,

Hello Everyone, This day will soon came to an end. What have I done that  

really makes a difference? I feel that my messages have fallen on a bunch 

of deaf ears. I don't want to be sarcastic; but somebody has missed the boat 

right along with me.(giggle) Do you have a since of humor? Hugs, Ruth Marie 

This isn't one of those boards where people log on everyday just to chat. Most people get on with a question, or to answer a question. I come on every other day or so. Some posts may get an answer a week later, or more. It can be frustrating, but for some who can't log on very often, it's nice not to have to go way back through the pages to find their post and everything after it.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last