Message Boards

Topic : Struggling with Sleep Issues?

Number of Replies: 184
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, August 08, 2006, 01:43:09 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Millions of people suffer from sleep issues such as insomnia, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, sleep walking, sleep terrors, or restless leg syndrome. Share your stories and offer advice and support to others facing similar conditions.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 16, 2007, 8:03 am CDT

How's that going?

Quote From: dimpels

well, we as family nt outgoing but i always make the best of all opportunities! thanks 2 supportive friends who tries to help me with coping skills in order to deal with sleeping problems and constant bloodpressor problems. im getting there. each day i just bcome stronger. i must learn 2 deal with issues immediately and not wait untill it has affected me.

Are you learning coping skills from your friends?  Have you gone back to FLYLADY?

you can do as little or as much as you want with her.  I have trouble trying not to stretch my limits.  i push too hard and then I get sick.  I need some skills too to help me do better.

July 16, 2007, 2:05 pm CDT

interesting point!

Quote From: sunshine80

Are you learning coping skills from your friends?  Have you gone back to FLYLADY?

you can do as little or as much as you want with her.  I have trouble trying not to stretch my limits.  i push too hard and then I get sick.  I need some skills too to help me do better.

i learned frm past and present experience that no matter how much advice is given whether frm friends or books i read, that if i do nt implement it in my daily life, i will always end with the same issues. if just decided that its all about ME. sometimes we r just hard on ourselfs and go unnecessarily on a 'guilty trip'just bcause we could nt finish a task. ive started by teaching my daughter how to make simple dishes and implemented flylady where her room is concern. it helps. she made me lovely muffins on saturday! she was proud and i felt good!

July 19, 2007, 10:37 pm CDT

That's very wonderful

i learned frm past and present experience that no matter how much advice is given whether frm friends or books i read, that if i do nt implement it in my daily life, i will always end with the same issues. if just decided that its all about ME. sometimes we r just hard on ourselfs and go unnecessarily on a 'guilty trip'just bcause we could nt finish a task. ive started by teaching my daughter how to make simple dishes and implemented flylady where her room is concern. it helps. she made me lovely muffins on saturday! she was proud and i felt good!

I am glad that you and your daughter are both having fun with Flylady.  That is a good point about the advice, you can have tons and if you don't use it, it's useless.  Wow!!!  I am not letting the guilty trips get in my way as much anymore.

July 23, 2007, 1:59 am CDT

life is a journey, we just have 2 keep moving!

I am glad that you and your daughter are both having fun with Flylady.  That is a good point about the advice, you can have tons and if you don't use it, it's useless.  Wow!!!  I am not letting the guilty trips get in my way as much anymore.

after being sick 4 more than a week we took children 2 a farm where we spend the day. took picnic basket with. children enjoyed feeding animals as well as myself and husband! stacey went on pony ride! we hardly go out as family. slept like a baby that night.

July 24, 2007, 1:40 pm CDT

Wow sounds like fun!

after being sick 4 more than a week we took children 2 a farm where we spend the day. took picnic basket with. children enjoyed feeding animals as well as myself and husband! stacey went on pony ride! we hardly go out as family. slept like a baby that night.

I'm glad you slept well.  I'm doing a bit better at sleep but I still have a lot of issues to deal with.  i get a small benefit package which is a huge relief.  I need to work on frying the bigger fish, but I have the time to do it, now and a few rescources.  Glad to hear good news from you!

Sunshine

July 25, 2007, 12:32 am CDT

talking about it helps.

I'm glad you slept well.  I'm doing a bit better at sleep but I still have a lot of issues to deal with.  i get a small benefit package which is a huge relief.  I need to work on frying the bigger fish, but I have the time to do it, now and a few rescources.  Glad to hear good news from you!

Sunshine

do u have somebody or any support structure that can help? wat troubles u da most? i know its nt easy nowadays just 2 talk about issues as some people just dont have da time! but somewhere somehow some angel care! i experienced that when all else fail God never! his my best friend. 'lotsaluv' xxx

July 25, 2007, 10:09 pm CDT

You are such a great friend

do u have somebody or any support structure that can help? wat troubles u da most? i know its nt easy nowadays just 2 talk about issues as some people just dont have da time! but somewhere somehow some angel care! i experienced that when all else fail God never! his my best friend. 'lotsaluv' xxx
My main issue is facing reality.  I have a lot of bills and I have had my head buried in the sand for so long that I don't know what I owe!  Or to whom, but I have been working for 4 years and did not pay a single old bill.  I finally opened a bank account so that I didn't have wads of cash on me all the time.  I don't keep track of how much I have made or where I have spent it.  I have been abused and haven't really had time to deal with the effects of that.  I took a job too early in my therapy before I should have.  I wasn't ready, apparently to throw myself out into the world, still too sick.  I need to do the work to get better this time around, and go out into the world with a clear vision and plan and taking the steps that will get me on the right track, and the knowledge and confidence to keep me on the right track.  I can't rush this, though.

July 26, 2007, 5:10 am CDT

i understand!

My main issue is facing reality.  I have a lot of bills and I have had my head buried in the sand for so long that I don't know what I owe!  Or to whom, but I have been working for 4 years and did not pay a single old bill.  I finally opened a bank account so that I didn't have wads of cash on me all the time.  I don't keep track of how much I have made or where I have spent it.  I have been abused and haven't really had time to deal with the effects of that.  I took a job too early in my therapy before I should have.  I wasn't ready, apparently to throw myself out into the world, still too sick.  I need to do the work to get better this time around, and go out into the world with a clear vision and plan and taking the steps that will get me on the right track, and the knowledge and confidence to keep me on the right track.  I can't rush this, though.
talking about it is the begining of healing! its a process. dont b hard on urself. nomatter in which way u been abuse, i understand! it does have an effect on our lives. i was sexually abused as a child and have stupid choices due to unstability. i was unstable as a youngster and adult until i learned 2 deal with wat happened 2 me. i no longer wanted the past 2 control the future! got married and went through even more but this time i decided 2 deal with issues immediately! have u got someone who can sit down and help u work out ur finance. i had a friend who taught me such alot about finance. writing down whatever ur dealing with is good therapy! u r going to get there just dont quit! praying 4 u!

July 26, 2007, 2:57 pm CDT

That's what is starting to happen

talking about it is the begining of healing! its a process. dont b hard on urself. nomatter in which way u been abuse, i understand! it does have an effect on our lives. i was sexually abused as a child and have stupid choices due to unstability. i was unstable as a youngster and adult until i learned 2 deal with wat happened 2 me. i no longer wanted the past 2 control the future! got married and went through even more but this time i decided 2 deal with issues immediately! have u got someone who can sit down and help u work out ur finance. i had a friend who taught me such alot about finance. writing down whatever ur dealing with is good therapy! u r going to get there just dont quit! praying 4 u!
I had therapy today and I spoke about the things I needed to deal with, well a few of them.  It helped and I feel so optimististic.  Thanks for your prayers for me.  How are you doing?  I am sorry you were abused as a child.  Good for you for dealing with it.

July 26, 2007, 10:07 pm CDT

so far so good!

I had therapy today and I spoke about the things I needed to deal with, well a few of them.  It helped and I feel so optimististic.  Thanks for your prayers for me.  How are you doing?  I am sorry you were abused as a child.  Good for you for dealing with it.
each day is a challenge. since i opened up about it 2 my mom about 12yrs ago it was great. forgiving myself and those who hurt me was wat i the important lesson i had 2 learn. eversince then i help children whos been abuse. just release and hold on! God turns our mess into a bless! (((hugs)))

First | Prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next | Last