Message Boards

Topic : Struggling with Sleep Issues?

Number of Replies: 184
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, August 08, 2006, 01:43:09 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Millions of people suffer from sleep issues such as insomnia, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, sleep walking, sleep terrors, or restless leg syndrome. Share your stories and offer advice and support to others facing similar conditions.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 6, 2008, 11:30 am CDT

Sleepwalking...

I have never had sleep disorders, or anything related. Recently, I've begun having trouble concentrating at work. The other night I woke up with my hand on my bedroom door with no recollection of how I got there. All I knew is that I wanted to get out. Does stress cause this?

May 6, 2008, 3:45 pm CDT

Sleepyyy - dont have apnea

Quote From: jgardner1014

I cant tell you how many times i here this same story over and over. trust me when i say "YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!" I am a tech at a sleep disorders center in indiana. i do sleep studies for people who are suspected of having sleep apnea. if you dont know what apnea is, its the stopping and starting of your breathing when you sleep. it can cause you to feel extremely tired and fatigued. falling asleep fast is a symptom, as well as, extreme tiredness no matter how much sleep you get. My suggestion to you is to do some research on sleep apnea and cpap (continuous positive airway pressure) therapy. You are not lazy, well maybe you are, lol, but you may also have sleep apnea. if you have any questions, let me know. hope you figure things out so you can feel better.

Hello

I recently had a sleep study done and was told no sleep apnea and no restless legs.  I am soo tired.  I dont know what to do now.  I went to bed at 7pm last night and slept until 6am - when my alarm woke me up.  I still struggled very hard to stay awake at work and will probably go to bed at 7 or 8 tonight. I have a 3 year old son who goes to bed later than I do.  What can I do -- I'm sleeping my life away!!!!

July 22, 2008, 10:49 am CDT

TINNUTIS

24/7 NON-STOP TINNUTIS for the past 1 year 7 months, over 50 million people in USA suffer from this and no cure......ringing noise in your head...hardest time is sleeping if you get any sleep...waking up to the sound in your head every day non-stop 24.7 365 days....some days so loud you just want to scream....cry....why me !!! started from a inner outer Ear infection....spent so much $$$$$ for cure's finally gave up......I was told by my Doctor live with it.......easy for you to say it you don't have it.....Been to ENT"S nothing no cure's reseach center's working on a cure for 20 year's still no cure why.....took salt's caffine out of my body still ringing 24/7

July 20, 2009, 1:51 pm CDT

Ringing in ears.

Quote From: mary49er

24/7 NON-STOP TINNUTIS for the past 1 year 7 months, over 50 million people in USA suffer from this and no cure......ringing noise in your head...hardest time is sleeping if you get any sleep...waking up to the sound in your head every day non-stop 24.7 365 days....some days so loud you just want to scream....cry....why me !!! started from a inner outer Ear infection....spent so much $$$$$ for cure's finally gave up......I was told by my Doctor live with it.......easy for you to say it you don't have it.....Been to ENT"S nothing no cure's reseach center's working on a cure for 20 year's still no cure why.....took salt's caffine out of my body still ringing 24/7
Hi. I sympathize with you. My mom had that for years and it drove her nuts.  Long story.

The thing you need to look at is your kidneys. Kidneys control the water balance in your body. If your kidneys are off, the metabolic balance will also be thrown off. Also, check your pancreas. Do you have (even the slightest touch of diabetes?).  The reason they told you to eliminate Na+ is due to the water balance.  If that didn't help and it doesn't sound like it did :(........  have you tried to go to a nutritionist? Have them do a test on you called "prime cytotoxic". It tests all allergens in your cells, intracellularly, so its better then any allergy test you could take. Insurance companies won't pay...its about $500. Well worth it.

If you have any questions, please ask. Also go to : Gary Null's website. He has a lot of good articles on this. Good luck. You are not alone. Kimi

First | Prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | Next Page | Last Page