Message Boards

Topic : Struggling with Sleep Issues?

Number of Replies: 184
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, August 08, 2006, 01:43:09 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Millions of people suffer from sleep issues such as insomnia, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, sleep walking, sleep terrors, or restless leg syndrome. Share your stories and offer advice and support to others facing similar conditions.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 1, 2007, 11:51 pm CDT

sleeping nt too good

Quote From: sunshine80

Lot's of sadness for you!  At least your daughter had her friends near her.  Are you ok with your sleep?

Lotsa Love To You

Sunshine

will have to start use medication again just for the next three days as i am also experiencing lotsa pain around abdominal. i think im coping well with all the sadness. only Gods grace and love and supportive friends like you! (((hugs)))

September 4, 2007, 10:06 pm CDT

When I had my miscarriage

Quote From: dimpels

will have to start use medication again just for the next three days as i am also experiencing lotsa pain around abdominal. i think im coping well with all the sadness. only Gods grace and love and supportive friends like you! (((hugs)))

I bought a small inexpensive figurine of a unicorn as a sort of monument of her (I am sure the baby was a girl her name was Brenda).  I kept it by me and when I was ready to let it go, I did.  I gave it to a little girl for her room!  I hope you have the proper medication because I sure didn't and I hurt so bad.  I am so happy that you are my friend and I pray that you get better soon.

Love,

Sunshine

September 4, 2007, 11:27 pm CDT

thanks for confirmation!

I bought a small inexpensive figurine of a unicorn as a sort of monument of her (I am sure the baby was a girl her name was Brenda).  I kept it by me and when I was ready to let it go, I did.  I gave it to a little girl for her room!  I hope you have the proper medication because I sure didn't and I hurt so bad.  I am so happy that you are my friend and I pray that you get better soon.

Love,

Sunshine

i was thinking also of getting me a footprint pendant to remind me of the baby. we were hoping for a boy! friends still pop in frm time to time, which help alot by talking about the miscarriage. sleeping gets better every day. keep well. enjoy your day! lotsaluv! xxxxx

September 22, 2007, 11:18 pm CDT

Do it

i was thinking also of getting me a footprint pendant to remind me of the baby. we were hoping for a boy! friends still pop in frm time to time, which help alot by talking about the miscarriage. sleeping gets better every day. keep well. enjoy your day! lotsaluv! xxxxx
anything you can do is worthwhile.  give him a name, too.

September 23, 2007, 12:17 am CDT

His name Ethan

anything you can do is worthwhile.  give him a name, too.
Thanks for being there when i needed a friend 2 talked 2. Im feelin much better now. How are u? Have a good day!

October 3, 2007, 8:44 am CDT

I'm doing much better

Thanks for being there when i needed a friend 2 talked 2. Im feelin much better now. How are u? Have a good day!

I am feeling much better.  College is OK and my boyfriend did give me a ride on his motorcycle.  It wasn't scary.  I am glad you are feeling better now.  My sleep habits are all that I have to work on next.  Where are you at with that?

October 3, 2007, 9:17 am CDT

Cool!

I am feeling much better.  College is OK and my boyfriend did give me a ride on his motorcycle.  It wasn't scary.  I am glad you are feeling better now.  My sleep habits are all that I have to work on next.  Where are you at with that?

Glad you enjoyed the ride! Sleeping difficulty again due to miscarriage. Dr is working on it again. Health not good. Greetings

November 6, 2007, 5:23 am CST

Restless sleep

I have always since childhood found sleeping soundly a problem. I take an hour and a half  at least to fall asleep.As a young child until adolescence I sleep walked. As an adolescent I had so many chores before and after school as well as my homework to complete so I was often awake late finishing my homework all the time feeling exhausted.

During my late twenties I experienced depression after a terrible year with moving states, changing jobs ;going back to university part-time whilst working full-time, my father had a heart attack,my grandmother died , one of my collegues suicided and my new boss bullied me. I was unsuccesfully treated for 8yrs for Major depression/bipolar disorder/schizophrenia (it was actually  just depression and PTSD the others were misdiagnoses) with every conceivable antidepressant  & antipsychotic produced before 2006 and when that didn't work then ECT. The ECT left me with huge chunks of long term memory loss and absolutely no positive effects. I only recovered when I weaned myself slowly off all drugs and sought psychotherapy which had never been offered to me before. (In Australia it is frowned upon by most shrinks)

After finally getting my mind back without the drugs onboard the initial withdrawl from the antidepressant caused insomnia. It never seemed to settle. I was glad to not have to drag my body out of bed everyday anymore after 12 -14hrs sleep (from the meds) but I still become fatigued due to lack of sleep. I am a shift worker and cannot just work days so the usual advice of 'go to bed at the same time each night' cannot apply here. I am mindful of caffeine intake during and in the late part of the day. I don't eat before I go to bed. I wake at least four times a night and get about four hours sleep on average. I will never take antidepressants again (they almost killed me) and I do not believe in sleeping tablets. I am a RN and know how dangerous they are. I don't know what to do next. I don't suffer from depression anymore and have never suffered from anxiety at all.I have tried Valerian with no effect.

November 7, 2007, 11:22 pm CST

Good to hear from you.

Quote From: foxylass

I have always since childhood found sleeping soundly a problem. I take an hour and a half  at least to fall asleep.As a young child until adolescence I sleep walked. As an adolescent I had so many chores before and after school as well as my homework to complete so I was often awake late finishing my homework all the time feeling exhausted.

During my late twenties I experienced depression after a terrible year with moving states, changing jobs ;going back to university part-time whilst working full-time, my father had a heart attack,my grandmother died , one of my collegues suicided and my new boss bullied me. I was unsuccesfully treated for 8yrs for Major depression/bipolar disorder/schizophrenia (it was actually  just depression and PTSD the others were misdiagnoses) with every conceivable antidepressant  & antipsychotic produced before 2006 and when that didn't work then ECT. The ECT left me with huge chunks of long term memory loss and absolutely no positive effects. I only recovered when I weaned myself slowly off all drugs and sought psychotherapy which had never been offered to me before. (In Australia it is frowned upon by most shrinks)

After finally getting my mind back without the drugs onboard the initial withdrawl from the antidepressant caused insomnia. It never seemed to settle. I was glad to not have to drag my body out of bed everyday anymore after 12 -14hrs sleep (from the meds) but I still become fatigued due to lack of sleep. I am a shift worker and cannot just work days so the usual advice of 'go to bed at the same time each night' cannot apply here. I am mindful of caffeine intake during and in the late part of the day. I don't eat before I go to bed. I wake at least four times a night and get about four hours sleep on average. I will never take antidepressants again (they almost killed me) and I do not believe in sleeping tablets. I am a RN and know how dangerous they are. I don't know what to do next. I don't suffer from depression anymore and have never suffered from anxiety at all.I have tried Valerian with no effect.

Hi friend. After so many deaths in my family and havin a miscarriage recently, i exper trouble sleepin and going thru depression. I myself hate antidepression and tried other method- drinkin warm milk with honey,dancin and listenin to music. Art is one of my strong point and likes to expres my feelin thru it. Hope to hear frm you

February 13, 2008, 2:58 am CST

Cannot sleep....

I am 21 years old and I commute to school and live an a apartment with my boyfriend.  My classes start early and it seems like I never get any sleep.  I always make it to school on time but I feel tired and not stimulated for the day.  There are many issues going on in my life and I am not sure of: what is keeping me up?  School might be the only thing that I am enjoying right now.  I go all day for Tuesdays and Thursdays and then I get home late.  Otherwise i just study, clean up my house and bug my boyfriend.  I have been a little worried about midterms and my project comming up and it seems like the only time I get to see my boyfriend is when he is playing his game (World of the War Craft).  In some way I feel like I have been trying to reach out for other people more...just to have a conversation.  Its like I have better conversation (whether it be about the world or personal ) with strangers then I do with my boyfriend.  I think thats my problem I just think about that and everyting else in my life and then I go to bed with it.  When I actually do get sleep-I want to sleep all day and still I feel tired.  Maybe I need to get some more friends in my life so that-to make my life more stimulating?  Well thank u and it was nice to vent out even if no one reads this.

Chick

First | Prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next | Last