Message Boards

Topic : Dealing with Postpartum Depression

Number of Replies: 188
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, August 08, 2006, 01:58:37 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Having a baby is a major life change and postpartum depression can affect any woman who is pregnant, has had a baby, miscarried, or ended a pregnancy. Share advice and support here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 24, 2008, 3:56 pm CDT

when friends 2nd child borned

Quote From: m_catgirl

I knew from the begining when I gave birth to my 2 year old daughter that something wasn't right.  I knew all the signs, read all the info.....but was determined to "fix" myself. I mean...I had everything I ever wanted: A loving husband, beautiful baby, nice house, a stayathome mom....My daughter was 9 months old before I broke down and went to see my doctor.  I actually scheduled the visit as a "physical" because I was too embarassed to say "I think i have PPD".  Keep in mind this is at the height of the Brooke Sheilds/Tom Cruise debate!  When I became pregnant again, I was smarter and started  taking the meds as a precaution the 2nd time around.  Eventhough my OB essentially laughed at me for "pretreating" something that may not even be an issue this time.  I'm feeling great now.  Love to talk to anyone else with this problem.

It was march 9th 2007 at 9am. when my best friends 2nd child was born. Her oxygen was at 50% and hardly had a blood preasure. Her right lung had shut down. her younger sister was by the window watching when her sister was delivered. At two years old she her mother fould out that her oldest daughter was in shock and newborn baby could die before being lifeflighted to childerns mercy hospital. The mother was only 25 years old and already surffing from biopolar and then got told that she could not go with the child as it was transfered. Then she found out that she had ppd.

April 28, 2008, 4:00 am CDT

Dating Younger Men

I see this will be a topic on an upcoming show.  I hope you read my comment, Dr. Phil.

Here it follows:

I hope any person would agree the same understanding hold with women dating younger men,

as it does with men dating younger women.  How could one approve of one relationship between

two people, but not the other?

I believe that whatever the age difference between two people be, it be only a matter of what is

acceptable legally.  I would be amazed to hear the results of the poll you took with this did not

turn out a high percentage of people in favor of women dating younger men.  Those who do

disagree are either a disgruntled men in life, or a 'dark age' females taking the poll.  I think if

two people are fond of each other, enjoy each other's company, feel emotionally and sexually

compatible...GO FOR IT.  I dated a man who was fourteen years my senior one time.  We got

along great.  He was 32, and I was 18 at the time.  I also had a relationship with a fellow who

was 12 years younger than me.  Each was warranted as a fine time together.  I have seen

both sides, in other words.  It should only be acceptable for both genders.  Not one person

could give me a good reason otherwise...

September 26, 2008, 5:14 am CDT

Dealing with Postpartum Depression

I was just diagnosed with PPD last week. I was so embarressed to tell my Dr. when i had to get another Pap smear that i waited until my daughter was 4 months. I ended up calling my doctors office in tears. I started meds and im gonna start counselling next week. I hope i can get better soon but i feel like i am so alone. I'm only 19 and all of my friends are off at college so i have no one to talk to or help. I am hoping to find some friends that have kids around my daughters age but i have no idea on how to go about finding them.

September 26, 2008, 6:48 am CDT

You are not alone

Quote From: kat143katn

I was just diagnosed with PPD last week. I was so embarressed to tell my Dr. when i had to get another Pap smear that i waited until my daughter was 4 months. I ended up calling my doctors office in tears. I started meds and im gonna start counselling next week. I hope i can get better soon but i feel like i am so alone. I'm only 19 and all of my friends are off at college so i have no one to talk to or help. I am hoping to find some friends that have kids around my daughters age but i have no idea on how to go about finding them.
I just wanted to write to you to tell you a lot of mothers feel this way.  I'm 25, married and have a 4 month old son and from time to time it's all I can do to get through the day.  I have had days where all I do is sit with my son and cry because it's so overwhelming, and sometimes I just don't know what to do with him.  Nothing will make him happy some days.  The loss of sleep is a huge contributor to this too.  I feel guilty about everything, like I feel my son deserves a better mom but then the next thought is "I'm a good mom, he's happy"  It is definitely THE toughest job in the world.  My sister in law had PPD with her first son,and she got through it and had another baby boy and no PPD.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  You will get through this.  If you want to find other moms with kids, try your local YMCA or Library, they usually have activities for moms and babies.  But if you ever feel like venting ( like ALL mothers need to) send me an email, I'll listen! take care!

September 26, 2008, 6:22 pm CDT

Post partum sucks!

I had a baby 8 weeks ago and was diagnosed with post partum anxiety.  I feel like I have been overtaken by fear and anxiety.  My husband and I even had to move back in with my family so I could have help taking care of my kids.  I get so frustrated because I will have like 3 good days and think I am getting better and then I get hit again with everything.  I have been on medication for 3 weeks now and I guess I am still waiting for it to really kick in.  I just get so frustrated and want to be done with all of this.  If anyone has any suggestions on dealing with this please let me know.

October 8, 2008, 1:30 pm CDT

Dealing with Postpartum Depression

Quote From: kat143katn

hey my name is carrie i am dealing with the same thing that you are dealing with i am 18 i have a 9 month old and pregnant again, married but yet stressed out to the max. i have contacted my doctor but they can't give any medicine until i give birth...the best thing that i have done is try if you can to get some one to give you a break at least once a week cause if you don't get a break you could become overwelmed ....and you don't won't that ......

November 3, 2008, 1:18 pm CST

How can you tell?

I am 19 years old and Ihave an 18month old daughter. I feel overwhelmed,stressed and am very jumpy with my boyfriend. I feel worthless and not good enough.I lost touch with all my friends and am feeling like I have no one to talk to.I cant find the courage to get up and go to the doctors for counceling because I feel scared that they will think that I am crazy and lock me away. my daughter is my life so I try to be as pleasent as possible. I am not certain if it is post partum or another for of depression because I have been feeling the way I am feeling since Iwas very young and never really got the full help I needed(never stuck with it) because I was embarassed so now I believe it hasgotton worse. If any other mothers have any advice for me or words of encouragement I think that it would be helpful and I wouldnt feel as alone as I do now. :) thank you.

November 10, 2008, 12:01 am CST

i now how you all feel

i have 4 kids three toddlers and a new born . there is days where is justt want to call some one and say to them but me in a nut home becace i'm on my last strow with thim . i don't sleep at all .  i feel like i'm going crazy all the time me newborn baby crys all the time and the other three if they don't get there way the start on me to so how do i take care of this i need help. i'm a stay at home mom . i feel like a last hope in life. thank you ever one that reads this

December 21, 2008, 3:49 pm CST

Karma?

Ok here's the story. My boyfriend (fred)'s ex girlfriend (shari) was talking to this guy online and was planning to take their baby and go move in with with the guy she was talking to while still involved with fred. Fred had no knowledge of this whatsoever. And the guy shari was supposed to move in with suddenly got in a car wreck and died before she had the chance to run off. Was this karma bc of what Shari had done to fred?

December 31, 2008, 4:02 pm CST

I don't think it's KARMA

Quote From: freddyandkel

Ok here's the story. My boyfriend (fred)'s ex girlfriend (shari) was talking to this guy online and was planning to take their baby and go move in with with the guy she was talking to while still involved with fred. Fred had no knowledge of this whatsoever. And the guy shari was supposed to move in with suddenly got in a car wreck and died before she had the chance to run off. Was this karma bc of what Shari had done to fred?
you know things happen in mysterious ways,you would like to think that karma would not be that harsh.... but it can. It is an awful thing what this woman was going to do. I hope thou you and your boyfriend and his child are happy and healthy....

First | Prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next | Last