Message Boards

Topic : A FRESH PERSPECTIVE TO ACHIEVE WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS

Number of Replies: 11599
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, August 14, 2006, 07:09:04 am
Author : elpasolady
  • If you wish to seek and provide compassionate support to others on your weight loss journey, this is the board for you!
  • Three leaders of this board have been designated (BJ, Cathy, & Sharon) to prevent us from getting carried away with other subjects and focused on the 7 Keys.
  • Feel free to post about those positive events in your life to share with the friends here.
  • Post about those negative events that can hinder your progress and we will support you through it.
  • Please address everyone here with courtesy, dignity, and respect.  Keep in mind that we all have read Dr. Phil's book and know what must be done to lose weight, so we do not need to be told.  As Dr. Phil says, "this is not a one size fits all program".  Therefore, what work's for one person may not work for everyone.  We all have our own unique life circumstances and physical challenges that can affect results.  What is needed is the support and encouragement to do what needs to be done.
  • Opinions & suggestions are encouraged and always viewed as "Food for Thought".
  • Criticism, judgments, and ideas of dictatorship are best left outside our computer room doors.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 15, 2008, 9:36 am CDT

BREN

Quote From: bebren

Sharon, I am very happy with my new home.  I went on a walk yesterday and I saw my friend who lives here.  She is in an apartment near to me.  She works at the hair salon where I get my hair done.  I knew that she lived in this apt. complex, but I didn't know that she was so close to my apt. so I am really glad to know that.  It was a beautiful day to walk yesterday and it is a nice place to walk around my apts.    Thanks for asking about my apt.  I finally got all my pictures hung up and everything looks really cute.  Have a great day!  Take care! :) Bren
I'm so glad to hear that you continue to be happy with your new apartment. That's so very important. And how fun to learn that your friend lives close to you.

Hope you didn't get any effects from the hurricane?

You have a great day too, my friend!

Hugs,

Sharon

September 16, 2008, 3:04 am CDT

Morning

Hi all.  I'm in a big rush this morning, but wanted to check in,  That really helps me the rest of the day.

Anyway, I came home frustrated last night, but didn't get out of control eating which gives me more motivation to stay in control today.  It has been rough at school and shows no signs of letting up.  However, a big report is due next week and once that is done, perhaps we will be able to relax a bit in our department. 

Trying to get my water in also.....

Have a great day--hope it is beautiful weather in your neighborhood like mine.  Wish I had the time to just walk and play outside.

Hugs,

Anita

September 16, 2008, 5:38 am CDT

HEY EVERYBUDDIE-

good lord..............this is my last day off of the 12 days  I had.  where oh where did those days go to already?  i accomplished almost.................NOTHING..............I need to have these days back, and not be sick.  thankfully the cough is finally starting to let go.

Anita...........................too bad things are so stressful at work.  at least you are sticking to your guns about the eating which is a success in itself.

oh well, maybe i can get something done on my 6 days off starting Friday.  My new office furniture comes the end of October so at least I have some time to get the room ready.

will check in later.

hugs to all

teresa

September 16, 2008, 7:13 am CDT

Sharon

Quote From: elpasolady

I'm so glad to hear that you continue to be happy with your new apartment. That's so very important. And how fun to learn that your friend lives close to you.

Hope you didn't get any effects from the hurricane?

You have a great day too, my friend!

Hugs,

Sharon
Sharon, We did get some rain from the hurricane, but nothing to complain about.  We had about 1800 evacuees from Hurricane Gustav here in Oklahoma City.  My sister had a lot of evacuees from Hurricane Ike in Austin.  I am thankful that we live in a place away from the hurricanes and pray for the people that live in the areas affected.  Thanks for asking.  Have a great day!   Take care! :) Bren

September 16, 2008, 9:28 am CDT

TERESA

Quote From: toofattool

good lord..............this is my last day off of the 12 days  I had.  where oh where did those days go to already?  i accomplished almost.................NOTHING..............I need to have these days back, and not be sick.  thankfully the cough is finally starting to let go.

Anita...........................too bad things are so stressful at work.  at least you are sticking to your guns about the eating which is a success in itself.

oh well, maybe i can get something done on my 6 days off starting Friday.  My new office furniture comes the end of October so at least I have some time to get the room ready.

will check in later.

hugs to all

teresa

I understand that it's frustrating to have days off where you plan to get things done and then get sick. Fortunately, you were able to take the time you needed to recover without having to take sick days, or worse, having to go to work feeling yucky!

How did the doctor's appointment go yesterday?

Hugs,

Sharon

September 16, 2008, 9:30 am CDT

BREN

Quote From: bebren

Sharon, We did get some rain from the hurricane, but nothing to complain about.  We had about 1800 evacuees from Hurricane Gustav here in Oklahoma City.  My sister had a lot of evacuees from Hurricane Ike in Austin.  I am thankful that we live in a place away from the hurricanes and pray for the people that live in the areas affected.  Thanks for asking.  Have a great day!   Take care! :) Bren
I'm so glad that you just got a little rain from that hurricane. It sure was an awful one. I had heard that our town set up a shelter for any evacuees here at our Civic Center, for both Gustav and Ike, but I don't think anyone got this far.

You have a great day too, my dear!

Hugs,

Sharon

September 16, 2008, 9:34 am CDT

Anita

Quote From: cussmotor2

Hi all.  I'm in a big rush this morning, but wanted to check in,  That really helps me the rest of the day.

Anyway, I came home frustrated last night, but didn't get out of control eating which gives me more motivation to stay in control today.  It has been rough at school and shows no signs of letting up.  However, a big report is due next week and once that is done, perhaps we will be able to relax a bit in our department. 

Trying to get my water in also.....

Have a great day--hope it is beautiful weather in your neighborhood like mine.  Wish I had the time to just walk and play outside.

Hugs,

Anita

Good Morning to you too!

Great job in not allowing your eating to get out of control last night. It is so easy to let that happen when we are frustrated.

Take a couple of deep breaths now and relax - don't wait until next week. After all, we only have this day, this moment.

Our weather here is just lovely as well. We are into the low 70's F, but due to warm up into the 80's by the end of the week. So, I'm enjoying the cooler temps for however long that they last.

Have a great day today!

Hugs,

Sharon

September 16, 2008, 9:42 am CDT

hey all

Sharon........actually it was a mammogram i went for yesterday.  all went well,  at least i hope so.  wont know till i hear from the doc.  Oldest is taking gdaughter to Dr. again.  we think she hurt her knee when she fell and broke her wrist.  it is now swollen and very painful to her.  she says it keeps popping...........................not good.  i dont kow how much more that poor family can take.  they have had a rough go for a while now.

Bren.................................well we got plenty of rain from Ike............about 6 inches of it.  many places here were flooded and streets were shut down.  out by oldest DD's they had flooding, and the wind was wicked.......................................gusts to about 50 and sustained at about 30.  have to live in Michigan to get hurricane weather i guess...........................lol

well back to trying to get something done on this last day off.

check in later

hugs

teresa

September 17, 2008, 3:05 am CDT

Lovely morning

A huge great morning to all of you.  It is a beautiful 56 degrees outside this morning.  Love it, but then I'm not outside.  The last time I had the windows open and attic fan on--or the garage door hanging open while the dogs and I went for the mail, I think a mama fly got into the house.

I came home yesterday to little flies all over theplace.  I've been swatting and swatting.  Think I'm down to just a couple now.  Whew!  I hate flies!

Thanks for the postiive support, my friends.  I've been proud of myself too which encourages me to continue.  But yesterday afternoon I wasn't so good.  Not with food, but with time.  Target has some Breast Cancer pink things on sale and instead of going to Weight Watchers meeting, I stopped at Target and did some shopping.  That is so MY color of pink!!  I now have a pink set of cookware and a pink steam mop (I just bought one, but it wasn't pink--so I have to take it back.  Luckily I was too busy to get it out and try it.) and some spatulas, etc. in pink.  Oh what I pretty kitchen I will have.  :))))))

I will go to the Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday morning, however.  I did plan ahead.  Now I just need to get back to Office Max and get myself a pink agenda for 2009.  I have been a pink person since I was a young child.  But I have the philosophy, if something like colors make us more cheerful and our toil lighter, why not go for it, so I offer no excuses for pink drain boards, dish rags, etc.  The hard part now is that EVERYTHING is coming out in pink and I do draw the line!  I don't just buy stuff because it is pink--but if I need it or would make my job easier, then why not? 

I'm deeper in debt but my dinner was a turkey on pumpernickel bread with mustard, tomatoes, and lettuce.  Dessert was yogurt with a few raisins sprinkled on it.  Hummm!  That was good.

That's all for today.  Hope you all keep a smile on your face--it so makes people wonder what you are so happy about.

Hugs,

Anita

September 17, 2008, 7:44 am CDT

Sharon

Quote From: elpasolady

I'm so glad that you just got a little rain from that hurricane. It sure was an awful one. I had heard that our town set up a shelter for any evacuees here at our Civic Center, for both Gustav and Ike, but I don't think anyone got this far.

You have a great day too, my dear!

Hugs,

Sharon
Sharon, Please tell me again where you live.  It is hard to keep up with everyone.  Have a great day!  Take care! :) Bren

First | Prev | 1150 | 1151 | 1152 | 1153 | 1154 | 1155 | 1156 | 1157 | 1158 | 1159 | Next | Last