Message Boards

Topic : A FRESH PERSPECTIVE TO ACHIEVE WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS

Number of Replies: 11599
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, August 14, 2006, 07:09:04 am
Author : elpasolady
  • If you wish to seek and provide compassionate support to others on your weight loss journey, this is the board for you!
  • Three leaders of this board have been designated (BJ, Cathy, & Sharon) to prevent us from getting carried away with other subjects and focused on the 7 Keys.
  • Feel free to post about those positive events in your life to share with the friends here.
  • Post about those negative events that can hinder your progress and we will support you through it.
  • Please address everyone here with courtesy, dignity, and respect.  Keep in mind that we all have read Dr. Phil's book and know what must be done to lose weight, so we do not need to be told.  As Dr. Phil says, "this is not a one size fits all program".  Therefore, what work's for one person may not work for everyone.  We all have our own unique life circumstances and physical challenges that can affect results.  What is needed is the support and encouragement to do what needs to be done.
  • Opinions & suggestions are encouraged and always viewed as "Food for Thought".
  • Criticism, judgments, and ideas of dictatorship are best left outside our computer room doors.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 18, 2008, 3:50 am CDT

Thanks for the welcome and support

I have been re reading Dr.P book and reading Are You Ready from the Biggest Loser.  I watched the Biggest Loser show the other night -- my wake up call -- the fat stored around the heart and lungs.  In addition to that the showed "aged" the people.  WOW.  I have been trying to eat more healthy since Sunday and I went to the gym Mon, Tues and Wed doing 35 to 40 minutes on the eliptical.  I lifted weights on Tuesday.    It's a small step in the right direction.  While reading Dr.P book and the Biggest Loser book the big thing that stands out for me is "my internal dialogue."  So for this week I am going to try to work on that as well as thinking before I eat -- the 4 questions posted earlier -- and working out. 

Again, thanks for the support and encouragement.  I hope everyone enjoys the day. 

Dorothy   

September 18, 2008, 4:53 am CDT

Dorothy

Quote From: gymjunkee

I have been re reading Dr.P book and reading Are You Ready from the Biggest Loser.  I watched the Biggest Loser show the other night -- my wake up call -- the fat stored around the heart and lungs.  In addition to that the showed "aged" the people.  WOW.  I have been trying to eat more healthy since Sunday and I went to the gym Mon, Tues and Wed doing 35 to 40 minutes on the eliptical.  I lifted weights on Tuesday.    It's a small step in the right direction.  While reading Dr.P book and the Biggest Loser book the big thing that stands out for me is "my internal dialogue."  So for this week I am going to try to work on that as well as thinking before I eat -- the 4 questions posted earlier -- and working out. 

Again, thanks for the support and encouragement.  I hope everyone enjoys the day. 

Dorothy   

Dorothy, Hello!  I have been on a weight loss journey and losing weight for a while now (I have lost 50 pounds in the last year and a half), however, the Biggest Loser was a wake up call for me too to see the fat stored around the heart and the lungs.  I always used to just think about the fat that I can see when I look in the mirror.  Now, when I exercise, I picture my heart and lungs getting healthier too.  It sounds like you have done a great job going to the gym so many days in a row.  I have been walking several days in a row for 25 min. each.  I walked on Sun., Tues., and Wed., and hope to go again today.  Thank you for your post.  Have a great day!  Take care! :) Bren

September 18, 2008, 8:11 am CDT

TERESA

Quote From: toofattool

Sharon........actually it was a mammogram i went for yesterday.  all went well,  at least i hope so.  wont know till i hear from the doc.  Oldest is taking gdaughter to Dr. again.  we think she hurt her knee when she fell and broke her wrist.  it is now swollen and very painful to her.  she says it keeps popping...........................not good.  i dont kow how much more that poor family can take.  they have had a rough go for a while now.

Bren.................................well we got plenty of rain from Ike............about 6 inches of it.  many places here were flooded and streets were shut down.  out by oldest DD's they had flooding, and the wind was wicked.......................................gusts to about 50 and sustained at about 30.  have to live in Michigan to get hurricane weather i guess...........................lol

well back to trying to get something done on this last day off.

check in later

hugs

teresa

I'm sure the mammogram results are great.  Please keep us informed about your GD knee.  Poor little gal. 

I had no idea that the hurricane hit you as hard as it did.  It sure was a nasty one for those people down in Galveston/Houston. 

Big Hugs,

Sharon

September 18, 2008, 8:17 am CDT

ANITA

Quote From: cussmotor2

A huge great morning to all of you.  It is a beautiful 56 degrees outside this morning.  Love it, but then I'm not outside.  The last time I had the windows open and attic fan on--or the garage door hanging open while the dogs and I went for the mail, I think a mama fly got into the house.

I came home yesterday to little flies all over theplace.  I've been swatting and swatting.  Think I'm down to just a couple now.  Whew!  I hate flies!

Thanks for the postiive support, my friends.  I've been proud of myself too which encourages me to continue.  But yesterday afternoon I wasn't so good.  Not with food, but with time.  Target has some Breast Cancer pink things on sale and instead of going to Weight Watchers meeting, I stopped at Target and did some shopping.  That is so MY color of pink!!  I now have a pink set of cookware and a pink steam mop (I just bought one, but it wasn't pink--so I have to take it back.  Luckily I was too busy to get it out and try it.) and some spatulas, etc. in pink.  Oh what I pretty kitchen I will have.  :))))))

I will go to the Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday morning, however.  I did plan ahead.  Now I just need to get back to Office Max and get myself a pink agenda for 2009.  I have been a pink person since I was a young child.  But I have the philosophy, if something like colors make us more cheerful and our toil lighter, why not go for it, so I offer no excuses for pink drain boards, dish rags, etc.  The hard part now is that EVERYTHING is coming out in pink and I do draw the line!  I don't just buy stuff because it is pink--but if I need it or would make my job easier, then why not? 

I'm deeper in debt but my dinner was a turkey on pumpernickel bread with mustard, tomatoes, and lettuce.  Dessert was yogurt with a few raisins sprinkled on it.  Hummm!  That was good.

That's all for today.  Hope you all keep a smile on your face--it so makes people wonder what you are so happy about.

Hugs,

Anita

Hey, I'm with you.  If surrounding ourselves with our favorite color makes us happy, then we should go for it as much as our pocketbook will allow.  Your pink kitchen sounds beautiful.  I have never thought about decorating a kitchen in pink, so I'm sure yours is unique and just darling!  Mine is mostly red & and an off white - red being my favorite color.  I'm a bright color person - and it's reflected in most of the things I make as well - like my quilts.  I'll generally use a pastel background color, but those blocks in the middle are bright colors.

Dinner sounds pretty yummy to me!

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

Sharon

September 18, 2008, 8:24 am CDT

DOROTHY

Quote From: gymjunkee

Dorothy   

I think you've taken more than just a small step in the right direction.  You've done a fabulous job getting yourself going.  Spending 35 to 40 minutes on the eliptical is fantastic!  You obviously have great stamina. 

I believe that the internal dialogue is a very important part of all this.  I'm a country must fan and Kellie Pickler has come out with a new song titled, "Don't you know that you're beautiful".  I just love it.  It it upbeat and one of those songs that tends to stick in your head - not a bad one to be singing to yourself as you go about your daily activities.  It helps to keep me positive and when that doesn't seem to do the trick, I sit myself down and think of the numerous things I have to be grateful for. 

Keep up the great work! 

Hugs,

Sharon

September 18, 2008, 8:28 am CDT

BREN

Quote From: bebren

Sharon, Please tell me again where you live.  It is hard to keep up with everyone.  Have a great day!  Take care! :) Bren

I understand about trying to keep up with with where everyone lives.  I am in El Paso, Texas - as far west as one can get.  In fact, I'm right on the edge of New Mexico and Mexico.  As you travel the freeway through town, you can see Mexico.  The most important thing is not to take a wrong exit, or you're in Mexico - LOL!

Hope your day is as lovely as mine!

Big Hugs,

Sharon

September 18, 2008, 1:36 pm CDT

UPDATE

I've been having a good day.   My knee is feeling better and the cortisone gets me wired.   I have worked all day on 4 hours sleep, and even missed Dr. Phil today I got so busy.   However, I have done great on my food intake and did a light workout with no stress  on my knee, so I think things are improving.    Hope everyone else is doing okay.     Cynthia4467

September 18, 2008, 7:22 pm CDT

A FRESH PERSPECTIVE TO ACHIEVE WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS

Oh My Gosh.  There are so many messages to read.    I thought I would come here and there would be a couple but to my suprise there were several pages.  I love it.

I am doing well with my eating and exercise but still frustrated that I let myself get to where I am now.  But that's in the past right?!  It's over and done with and now I just have to focus on making it right again.

Welcome to all the new people.  This is a great board but has been a little quiet lately.  Hopefully it will be busier now that everyone is settled back into a routine.

I hope everyone is well.  I will be back soon.

Sheree

September 19, 2008, 2:51 am CDT

Dorothy and Bren

Quote From: bebren

Dorothy, Hello!  I have been on a weight loss journey and losing weight for a while now (I have lost 50 pounds in the last year and a half), however, the Biggest Loser was a wake up call for me too to see the fat stored around the heart and the lungs.  I always used to just think about the fat that I can see when I look in the mirror.  Now, when I exercise, I picture my heart and lungs getting healthier too.  It sounds like you have done a great job going to the gym so many days in a row.  I have been walking several days in a row for 25 min. each.  I walked on Sun., Tues., and Wed., and hope to go again today.  Thank you for your post.  Have a great day!  Take care! :) Bren

Wow!  I have never watched the Biggest Loser fas I thought it was just another bit of reality TV.  However, I didn't know it ws a learning project too.  Now that they have some oldies on it, I think I'll tune in.

You go girls. 

Hugs,

Anita

September 19, 2008, 2:56 am CDT

Sharon

Quote From: elpasolady

Hey, I'm with you.  If surrounding ourselves with our favorite color makes us happy, then we should go for it as much as our pocketbook will allow.  Your pink kitchen sounds beautiful.  I have never thought about decorating a kitchen in pink, so I'm sure yours is unique and just darling!  Mine is mostly red & and an off white - red being my favorite color.  I'm a bright color person - and it's reflected in most of the things I make as well - like my quilts.  I'll generally use a pastel background color, but those blocks in the middle are bright colors.

Dinner sounds pretty yummy to me!

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

Sharon

It's hard decorating the kitchen in pink as it hasn't been a "fashion" color for several years.  I had to finally trash my drainer mat as the drainers had worn holes in it.  Oh dear.  I still have a waste basket in pink, though.

I don't like pastels too much--I love the breast cancer pink.  It is strong but not orangey or too much blue.  Since I have white hair, I've discovered that pastels just make me fade into the walls, so I'm also reaching for those brighter or stronger colors.

Hope I'm not too crippled up with arthritis by the time I retire so I can get back into quilting.  If I could keep my dining table cleared off of papers, I could probably tackle some small projects now, but it is hard to be creative when I come home so tired from work.

Have a beautiful day.

Hugs,

Anita

First | Prev | 1151 | 1152 | 1153 | 1154 | 1155 | 1156 | 1157 | 1158 | 1159 | Next | Last