Message Boards

Topic : A FRESH PERSPECTIVE TO ACHIEVE WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS

Number of Replies: 11599
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, August 14, 2006, 07:09:04 am
Author : elpasolady
  • If you wish to seek and provide compassionate support to others on your weight loss journey, this is the board for you!
  • Three leaders of this board have been designated (BJ, Cathy, & Sharon) to prevent us from getting carried away with other subjects and focused on the 7 Keys.
  • Feel free to post about those positive events in your life to share with the friends here.
  • Post about those negative events that can hinder your progress and we will support you through it.
  • Please address everyone here with courtesy, dignity, and respect.  Keep in mind that we all have read Dr. Phil's book and know what must be done to lose weight, so we do not need to be told.  As Dr. Phil says, "this is not a one size fits all program".  Therefore, what work's for one person may not work for everyone.  We all have our own unique life circumstances and physical challenges that can affect results.  What is needed is the support and encouragement to do what needs to be done.
  • Opinions & suggestions are encouraged and always viewed as "Food for Thought".
  • Criticism, judgments, and ideas of dictatorship are best left outside our computer room doors.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 19, 2008, 4:10 am CDT

Biggest Loser

Quote From: cussmotor2

Wow!  I have never watched the Biggest Loser fas I thought it was just another bit of reality TV.  However, I didn't know it ws a learning project too.  Now that they have some oldies on it, I think I'll tune in.

You go girls. 

Hugs,

Anita

Hi All,  I love the Biggest Loser show.   It makes me feel quilty about not exercising more, but  I am trying harder.   My knee is somewhat limiting, but is improving.    Seeing the fat  around the middle and heart was shocking.   I had no idea.   It is very scary.     Another reason to lose weight.     Also, check out "the Daily Plate".    It takes a while to get your data base established with food you frequently eat, but it does a wonderful job keeping track of  calories, carbs, protein, etc.    Grandchildren coming tonight, so I am very excited.   My challenge is to not gain any during their visit.      Have a good day.   Cynthia4467

September 19, 2008, 7:25 am CDT

Anita

A huge great morning to all of you.  It is a beautiful 56 degrees outside this morning.  Love it, but then I'm not outside.  The last time I had the windows open and attic fan on--or the garage door hanging open while the dogs and I went for the mail, I think a mama fly got into the house.

I came home yesterday to little flies all over theplace.  I've been swatting and swatting.  Think I'm down to just a couple now.  Whew!  I hate flies!

Thanks for the postiive support, my friends.  I've been proud of myself too which encourages me to continue.  But yesterday afternoon I wasn't so good.  Not with food, but with time.  Target has some Breast Cancer pink things on sale and instead of going to Weight Watchers meeting, I stopped at Target and did some shopping.  That is so MY color of pink!!  I now have a pink set of cookware and a pink steam mop (I just bought one, but it wasn't pink--so I have to take it back.  Luckily I was too busy to get it out and try it.) and some spatulas, etc. in pink.  Oh what I pretty kitchen I will have.  :))))))

I will go to the Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday morning, however.  I did plan ahead.  Now I just need to get back to Office Max and get myself a pink agenda for 2009.  I have been a pink person since I was a young child.  But I have the philosophy, if something like colors make us more cheerful and our toil lighter, why not go for it, so I offer no excuses for pink drain boards, dish rags, etc.  The hard part now is that EVERYTHING is coming out in pink and I do draw the line!  I don't just buy stuff because it is pink--but if I need it or would make my job easier, then why not? 

I'm deeper in debt but my dinner was a turkey on pumpernickel bread with mustard, tomatoes, and lettuce.  Dessert was yogurt with a few raisins sprinkled on it.  Hummm!  That was good.

That's all for today.  Hope you all keep a smile on your face--it so makes people wonder what you are so happy about.

Hugs,

Anita

Anita, It is always good hearing from you.  I am glad that you are a "regular" on the message boards.  My favorite color is purple.  I wear it frequently and even have a purple purse that I use everyday.  I have a plant of purple African violets on my kitchen table.  Have a great day!  Take care! :) Bren

September 21, 2008, 5:00 am CDT

Morning Everyone

Hope you are having a great Sunday.  I woke up at 5 am ready to do some work.....that is, after coffee.

I did a lot of house cleaning yesterday,,,,got the fans cleaned except for my bedroom fan.  I have to stand on my bed to get it and I was too tired and wobbly to do it.  So that will be my first challenge this morning before my shower.  Then I need to clean the dining table off.  and dust. 

That's my goal for today except for laundry and lesson plans.  Whew!  It's a good thing I got up early.  Sure is nice, though, to have a fresh house.  I didn't get it done over the summer as I was at my parents' so much.  But better late than never.

According to WW, I lost for the second week in a row....less than a pound, but I will take it.  I'm trying to be really on target as my usual meeting is Tuesday.  I had an "ah ha" moment at the meeting.  I thought I was a positive self-talker, but I often say that I am struggling.  That is negative talking both to myself and others.  I am making progress--however slowly I am losing. 

Guess we are definately never too old to learn.

Have a great Dr P. day.

Hugs,

Anita

September 22, 2008, 2:58 am CDT

Morning Lurkers

I may be posting to myself, but oh well.

Watched one of the Dr P shows on his weight challenge last night.  I wanted to watch the other one, but it was late for me, so I went to bed. 

Yesterday was a strange food day for me.  I was busy all day cleaning house, grading papers, cleaning up messes I've made with papers.....don't know why I have so many papers.  Don't know if all teachers have piles, or whether it is just me and a few thousand like-minded pilers.  There is a AA and a WW--there should be a PA---pilers annonymous!  Anyway, I didn't sit down for most of my meals and I know I snacked too much on carry around food. I could have had an apple, etc. but it wasn't as portable. 

I can't rush around in a whirlwind, but I can keep up a steady pace, but I knew if I sat down to take a break, I'd not get up.  So I sat at the computer doing lesson plans and posting grades instead of in front of the TV.  Got a lot done, but really could  not tell you what I ate.  THAT is not good.

So, today is a new day back on my daily routine, and I plan on keeping my food diary today!!!

Hope to see some of you here tomorrow. It's lonely this morning.

Hugs,

Anita

September 23, 2008, 2:22 am CDT

Hi Anita

Hi Anita, I am here early.  It is about 4 am and I don't eat breakfast until about 4:30-5 am so I am catching up on reading messages.  You sound very busy.  I swam yesterday with my mom.  Today, we are going to a health food store to get my favorite brand of organic vegetable soup.  Have a great day! Take care! :) Bren

September 23, 2008, 3:05 am CDT

Bren

Quote From: bebren

Hi Anita, I am here early.  It is about 4 am and I don't eat breakfast until about 4:30-5 am so I am catching up on reading messages.  You sound very busy.  I swam yesterday with my mom.  Today, we are going to a health food store to get my favorite brand of organic vegetable soup.  Have a great day! Take care! :) Bren

Did we scare all the newbies away?  I used deoderant though and thought we were nice.

Oh well. 

Swimming sounds like fun--I had a late meeting at work and then did nothing other than eat and put the dogs out.  However, I didn't overeat just because I was tired.  :)

I'm out of time this morning.  You keep pretty busy yourself.  Do you work as well as doing all the exercise and running around.  I'd never be able to do that as my dogs really like to go out.as soon as possible.  So I can manage a couple stops to do something on the way home, but not for too long.

We all make choices, don't we.  The pugs are good company and they keep me from talking to myself.

Have a great day, Bren,

Hugs,

Anita

September 24, 2008, 2:38 am CDT

Hi to Everyone

I feel like Little Bo Peep this morning.  :)

I'm having a good morning with my coffee.  Hope you all are the same.

Hugs,

Anita

September 24, 2008, 6:40 am CDT

Anita

Did we scare all the newbies away?  I used deoderant though and thought we were nice.

Oh well. 

Swimming sounds like fun--I had a late meeting at work and then did nothing other than eat and put the dogs out.  However, I didn't overeat just because I was tired.  :)

I'm out of time this morning.  You keep pretty busy yourself.  Do you work as well as doing all the exercise and running around.  I'd never be able to do that as my dogs really like to go out.as soon as possible.  So I can manage a couple stops to do something on the way home, but not for too long.

We all make choices, don't we.  The pugs are good company and they keep me from talking to myself.

Have a great day, Bren,

Hugs,

Anita

Anita, I hope we didn't scare the newbies away!  I went swimming yesterday with my mom for 40 min.  I used to report my exercise everyday and then the message boards slowed down.  I do some volunteer work for a non-profit organization--some writing and editing for them that I can do on my own time.  So, I am able to swim and walk when I want to.  You seem active and high energy to me.  Pets can certainly keep you company.  Have a great day!  Take care! :) Bren

September 24, 2008, 1:46 pm CDT

Scale stuck

Quote From: elpasolady

I'm interested in how you two have set up your checklist.  After hearing what you two do, I may want to change mine a bit.

At this point, I have a spiral notebook.  I put the date at the top of the page.  Then I have a column on the left where I list, Weight, Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Water, and Exercise.  I plan to use the back of the page for any journaling or any emotional key work that I feel I need to do.

Anyway, that's how I've set up mine.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I'm new on the message board, but I read your message.  I have a checklist too, and  I look at it all day,

I am following the Rapid Response program now, I'm a week into it, whew!  I'm trying to keep busy and

I get on the scale every morning and its still stuck on the same number I started with.   ?????? I am determined to go on, and I re-read some things to make sure I'm doing everything right, I guess it will

take time to kick in.  I feel good, and I'm glad I made this decision to go with this particular program.  I loved the book, Dr. Phil is the BEST.   It's nice to have some people to chat with in the same situation.

Jeanne

September 24, 2008, 2:09 pm CDT

I'm a newbie

Hey girl.  I've been trying to keep things going while everyone was somewhere else.  Whew!  Whew!!  Glad you are here to add some input.  As you say, I am not the only one on the board.  However, I remember posting and posting in the beginning trying to get someone to respond to me.  It was so frustrating.  So I haven't wanted to leave our newbies hanging in the air.

You have done so great and you are so enthusiastic, I hope you pop in some more.

Hugs,

Anita

Hi Bren,

My name is Jeanne and I'm a newbie, I read your message and it sounds like you are on the board a lot.

So any words of encouragement will be appreciated, I'm on my 1st week of the rapid response program, not seeing anything yet, but, I'm plugging along. Keeping my eye on the Target. Hoping to unstick my scale.    Hugs  Jeanne

First | Prev | 1152 | 1153 | 1154 | 1155 | 1156 | 1157 | 1158 | 1159 | Next | Last