Message Boards

Topic : A FRESH PERSPECTIVE TO ACHIEVE WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS

Number of Replies: 11599
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, August 14, 2006, 07:09:04 am
Author : elpasolady
  • If you wish to seek and provide compassionate support to others on your weight loss journey, this is the board for you!
  • Three leaders of this board have been designated (BJ, Cathy, & Sharon) to prevent us from getting carried away with other subjects and focused on the 7 Keys.
  • Feel free to post about those positive events in your life to share with the friends here.
  • Post about those negative events that can hinder your progress and we will support you through it.
  • Please address everyone here with courtesy, dignity, and respect.  Keep in mind that we all have read Dr. Phil's book and know what must be done to lose weight, so we do not need to be told.  As Dr. Phil says, "this is not a one size fits all program".  Therefore, what work's for one person may not work for everyone.  We all have our own unique life circumstances and physical challenges that can affect results.  What is needed is the support and encouragement to do what needs to be done.
  • Opinions & suggestions are encouraged and always viewed as "Food for Thought".
  • Criticism, judgments, and ideas of dictatorship are best left outside our computer room doors.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 14, 2006, 9:58 am CDT

The Seven Keys .....

....... to Permanent Weight Loss:

Key One: Right Thinking....Unlock the Door to Self-Control

Key Two: Healing Feelings...Unlock the Door to Emotional Control

Key Three: A No-Fail Enviroment.....Unlock the Door to External Control

Key Four: Mastery over Food and Impulse Eating...........Unlock the Door to Habit Control

Key Five: High-Response Cost, High-Yield Nutrition......Unlock the Door to Food Control

Key Six: Intentional Exercise........Unlock the Door to Body Control

Key Seven: Your Circle of Support......Unlock the Door to Social Control

Hey Sharon and Cathy!   We've got the last one aced already!!!

Hugs

BJ

August 14, 2006, 10:02 am CDT

BJ

Quote From: chimocats

....... to Permanent Weight Loss:

Key One: Right Thinking....Unlock the Door to Self-Control

Key Two: Healing Feelings...Unlock the Door to Emotional Control

Key Three: A No-Fail Enviroment.....Unlock the Door to External Control

Key Four: Mastery over Food and Impulse Eating...........Unlock the Door to Habit Control

Key Five: High-Response Cost, High-Yield Nutrition......Unlock the Door to Food Control

Key Six: Intentional Exercise........Unlock the Door to Body Control

Key Seven: Your Circle of Support......Unlock the Door to Social Control

Hey Sharon and Cathy!   We've got the last one aced already!!!

Hugs

BJ

I feel the same - the last one is aced!

Hugs,

Sharon

August 14, 2006, 11:17 am CDT

Been Peeking In

I've been peeking in from time to time throughout my day. 

I've managed to get 5 of my 8 waters down and still have many more hours left in the day to get the last 3 - may just even manage a bit more than the 8 that I had set for my goal today!

My laundry is all put away and clean sheets are on the bed.  Talipia is defrosting in the refrigerator for dinner and I'm pretty much done with my chores for the day.  I may just work on some of my crafts this afternoon, the trouble is deciding which one! 

Hope you are having a great day too!

Hugs,

Sharon

August 14, 2006, 11:22 am CDT

FRIENDSHIP - Key 7

The other day I received an email that had several quotes about friendship and I thought of you two and the support you have always given me.  My favorite quote was this one:

• When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there
  •  

And every time I look - you two are there! 

Love ya both!

Sharon

August 14, 2006, 11:23 am CDT

Afternoon ladies!

I am back from doing the groceries and was quite proud of myself!  There was not one item in my cart that could be deemed junk.  I've had a hard time keeping the "junk" out this summer but today I just looked at it and smiled as I passed it by.  By the way, I parked so far away from the store so as to get those extra steps in, people were giving me weird looks! *LOL*

I really have plenty of fresh veggies & fruit in the house but couldn't resist the cantaloupes, needed more ff milk & fish so I bought salmon and haddock.  Also picked up some low-fat cottage cheese and to my delight my favorite brand of lite salad dressings were on sale!  Needless to say I stocked up!  The brand name is Ken's, not sure if you have them where you are?  Oh, yes, I also picked up some chickpeas and black beans and salsa.

There were no tape measures at the dollar store, so I'm still without one of those.  I did, however, pick up a new notebook . .purple . .deciding that if this was a fresh start I needed a new notebook too:)!  Also picked up some stars . .hey, I've got to keep up with you too *LOL* and a glue gun to glue my mouth shut when all else fails, heeheehee!  Okay, that would be a little too radical but I did get the glue gun as I have some window shade repairs to make.

Dinner tonight will be steamed yellow squash & zucchini w/stewed tomatoes and salmon with fresh cucumber slices and a wedge of cantaloupe.  P.M. snack is a ff yogurt.  Have almost all of my water in and am getting ready to make another pot of green tea.  I use a little teapot which only holds about 24 oz., so it's not as much as it sounds:).   I usually have one in the morning and one in the late afternoon/evening (decaf).

Until later . . .(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 11:25 am CDT

Change . . .

Change can come in either one of two important ways:  Start behaving positively or stop behaving negatively.     

~ Dr. Phil

I have had a very postive day!!!!!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 11:28 am CDT

CATHY

Quote From: catlyninvt

I am back from doing the groceries and was quite proud of myself!  There was not one item in my cart that could be deemed junk.  I've had a hard time keeping the "junk" out this summer but today I just looked at it and smiled as I passed it by.  By the way, I parked so far away from the store so as to get those extra steps in, people were giving me weird looks! *LOL*

I really have plenty of fresh veggies & fruit in the house but couldn't resist the cantaloupes, needed more ff milk & fish so I bought salmon and haddock.  Also picked up some low-fat cottage cheese and to my delight my favorite brand of lite salad dressings were on sale!  Needless to say I stocked up!  The brand name is Ken's, not sure if you have them where you are?  Oh, yes, I also picked up some chickpeas and black beans and salsa.

There were no tape measures at the dollar store, so I'm still without one of those.  I did, however, pick up a new notebook . .purple . .deciding that if this was a fresh start I needed a new notebook too:)!  Also picked up some stars . .hey, I've got to keep up with you too *LOL* and a glue gun to glue my mouth shut when all else fails, heeheehee!  Okay, that would be a little too radical but I did get the glue gun as I have some window shade repairs to make.

Dinner tonight will be steamed yellow squash & zucchini w/stewed tomatoes and salmon with fresh cucumber slices and a wedge of cantaloupe.  P.M. snack is a ff yogurt.  Have almost all of my water in and am getting ready to make another pot of green tea.  I use a little teapot which only holds about 24 oz., so it's not as much as it sounds:).   I usually have one in the morning and one in the late afternoon/evening (decaf).

Until later . . .(((HUGS)))

Cathy

I had to laugh at the glue gun remark!  I have one here so it's ready to go if I need it - LOL!

Until you can get a tape measure, you can measure yourself with a piece of string.  Cut it where it meets around your waist and then just use that as your guide.  It's better than nothing. 

I don't have my stars yet - I'm jealous!  LOL!  I'll pick some up within the next couple of days.

Dinner sounds yummy!

Hugs,

Sharon

August 14, 2006, 11:28 am CDT

Sharon,

Quote From: elpasolady

The other day I received an email that had several quotes about friendship and I thought of you two and the support you have always given me.  My favorite quote was this one:

• When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there
  •  

And every time I look - you two are there! 

Love ya both!

Sharon

HI!

I like this.  It reminds me of the quote that goes something like . ."friends are the ones who walk in when everyone else walks out"???  I'm sure you've heard of it.

It is comforting to find like-minded people who understand where you've been, where you are and where you want to be.

Enjoy those crafts.  My neighbors are on vacation and I am heading out the door to water their flowers!

Until later (((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 11:37 am CDT

Hey gals!

You both are right on with those quotes!!

Loved the glue gun comment!! LOL

Cathy your supper does sound wonderful.  Eating more fish is something I'm really going to have to take a leap of faith with! I look at it in the supermarket, but end up leaving it there. Canned salmon is my most common choice of fish!! Need to venture into the unknown!!

I'm not doing as well as you two with the water intake b/c our bathroom is out of commission today!!

Hugs

BJ

August 14, 2006, 11:41 am CDT

BJ

Quote From: chimocats

You both are right on with those quotes!!

Loved the glue gun comment!! LOL

Cathy your supper does sound wonderful.  Eating more fish is something I'm really going to have to take a leap of faith with! I look at it in the supermarket, but end up leaving it there. Canned salmon is my most common choice of fish!! Need to venture into the unknown!!

I'm not doing as well as you two with the water intake b/c our bathroom is out of commission today!!

Hugs

BJ

So are you telling us that you don't want to rough it and go out in the woods????

LOL!

Sharon

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last