Message Boards

Topic : A FRESH PERSPECTIVE TO ACHIEVE WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS

Number of Replies: 11599
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, August 14, 2006, 07:09:04 am
Author : elpasolady
  • If you wish to seek and provide compassionate support to others on your weight loss journey, this is the board for you!
  • Three leaders of this board have been designated (BJ, Cathy, & Sharon) to prevent us from getting carried away with other subjects and focused on the 7 Keys.
  • Feel free to post about those positive events in your life to share with the friends here.
  • Post about those negative events that can hinder your progress and we will support you through it.
  • Please address everyone here with courtesy, dignity, and respect.  Keep in mind that we all have read Dr. Phil's book and know what must be done to lose weight, so we do not need to be told.  As Dr. Phil says, "this is not a one size fits all program".  Therefore, what work's for one person may not work for everyone.  We all have our own unique life circumstances and physical challenges that can affect results.  What is needed is the support and encouragement to do what needs to be done.
  • Opinions & suggestions are encouraged and always viewed as "Food for Thought".
  • Criticism, judgments, and ideas of dictatorship are best left outside our computer room doors.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 14, 2006, 11:43 am CDT

CATHY

Quote From: catlyninvt

HI!

I like this.  It reminds me of the quote that goes something like . ."friends are the ones who walk in when everyone else walks out"???  I'm sure you've heard of it.

It is comforting to find like-minded people who understand where you've been, where you are and where you want to be.

Enjoy those crafts.  My neighbors are on vacation and I am heading out the door to water their flowers!

Until later (((HUGS)))

Cathy

I had forgotten about that quote, but yes, I do remember it.

Over the years I've been pleasantly surprised to learn who walks in and who walks out of my life.

Hugs,

Sharon

August 14, 2006, 11:50 am CDT

BJ,

Quote From: chimocats

You both are right on with those quotes!!

Loved the glue gun comment!! LOL

Cathy your supper does sound wonderful.  Eating more fish is something I'm really going to have to take a leap of faith with! I look at it in the supermarket, but end up leaving it there. Canned salmon is my most common choice of fish!! Need to venture into the unknown!!

I'm not doing as well as you two with the water intake b/c our bathroom is out of commission today!!

Hugs

BJ

Bummer!!! No bathroom would definitely nix the water intake for me today!  Don't sweat it!  This is truly one of things beyond your control!

On the subject of fish, I use to never eat anything other than haddock.  That was all we ever ate growing up except for canned salmon & tuna.  Over the years, especially the last two years, I become a real adventurer.  I've tried fresh salmon, haddock, tuna & swordfish steaks, halibut, sole, flounder, tilapia,  mahi-mahi, red snapper, catfish (bleck), cod (bleck), ocean perch,  and farm-raised trout.  Someone told me that I would like fresh catfish, however, what I bought was farm-raised and it had a mushy texture.  The cod just had too strong a taste for my palate.  Red snapper is quite pricy and I buy it on the rare occasion it's on special.  Actually, when shopping the fish market, I usually go with whatever is on special for that week.  I'm a bargain shopper through and through:).  I always cook my fish one of two ways.  I either grill it seasoned w/herbs or lemon pepper & garlic or bake it, seasoned with the same.  I also love scallops, shrimp, clams, lobster but don't have those alot for the obvious reason $$$$$ *LOL*

We've gone from eating fish twice a month to twice a week. 

Until later (((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 11:53 am CDT

Sharon!

Quote From: elpasolady

So are you telling us that you don't want to rough it and go out in the woods????

LOL!

Sharon

Oh no, you just brought back some not so pleasant memories of childhood when we'd be on our Sunday afternoon ride and have to go and Dad would pull over in some rest stop beside the road and I'd have to walk into the woods, certain that some wild thing was going to come up behind me!  Then I'd hurry and end up peeing on my sneakers! *LOL*LOL*

Sorry, that may be more information than you need to know but I'm sitting here almost in tears laughing at the memory!  I wasn't laughing then.

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 11:57 am CDT

Hello everyone !

Just finished your board and it all looks good.

I have started today with an upbeat positive mood and have maintained it.

I too am looking at reaching my goal, finally being successful.

I'm on my way out the door and will try to post when I have time.  But don't forget I do visit other boards, so if it's alright with the 3 of you I'll be back.

ttfn Love Barbara

August 14, 2006, 11:57 am CDT

Okay you two!

I am out of here again!  Am going out to the deck with my new purple notebook:) and plan tomorrows menus.   Also going to read through a few more pages of Chapter 1.

Until later (((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 11:59 am CDT

Barb!

Quote From: brcscc

I'm on my way out the door and will try to post when I have time.  But don't forget I do visit other boards, so if it's alright with the 3 of you I'll be back.

ttfn Love Barbara

WELCOME!!!   Of course we want you back!  I just posted to you on "What's Working".

Looking forward to seeing you later!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 12:11 pm CDT

Barbara!!

WELCOME to our little corner of the world!! I'm so happy you dropped by and really look forward to seeing you again!!

Hugs

BJ

August 14, 2006, 12:12 pm CDT

Gals

Quote From: catlyninvt

I am out of here again!  Am going out to the deck with my new purple notebook:) and plan tomorrows menus.   Also going to read through a few more pages of Chapter 1.

Until later (((HUGS)))

Cathy

I need to get something done today!

Cathy, I bought a deep mauve notebook yesterday with a pink flower on it!!

Catch you all later!

Hugs

BJ

August 14, 2006, 1:50 pm CDT

BARBARA

Quote From: brcscc

ttfn Love Barbara

You silly woman, of course it is all right with the three of us for you to be back.  We know and understand that you post on other boards and would never ask anything different from you.  We are just happy that you want to include this board in the group!

Great job in maintaining that positive attitude.  It's not always easy to do.  If ever you have a problem with that, please let us know and we will do whatever we can to help.  You've helped me numerous times and I probably never gave you enough credit.

Enjoy your evening and I look forward to seeing you again!

Hugs,

Sharon

August 14, 2006, 3:20 pm CDT

Zero Hour

Dr. Phil calls it "Zero Hour", "that crucial moment when there is no turning back, and it confronts you to the very core of your self-respect.  You have become so sick of your habits and your pattern of living that you realize you can no longer live your life in that way.  It's what alcoholics call "hitting rock bottom," or what others call "reaching the end of my rope."  It's when you make your mind up that it's not too late, that you deserve more, and that you will deny yourself no longer.  It's when you wipe the slate clean and are ready to start over.  It's when you decide to reclaim your health and your life." . . . ."You have boldly said to yourself:  That's enough.  I don't care how much it hurts to change.  I don't care what I have to give up.  I won't take this another second, another minute, another day of my life.  I am ready." ~ Dr. Phil

I think several of us here and on another Board that I post to awoke to the fact that this is our "Zero Hour"!  We want more and so we are ready to do more and we're ready (and are) taking action to get it!  Change is going to happen because we are going to make it happen!  We are worth it!!!

"You are a person with strength, gifts and talents, capable of achieving your greatest goal.  It's like that old saying, God don't make no junk."  ~Dr. Phil

Well ladies, I was saving this passage for another day, however, today seems the appropriate time.  The slate is clean, we've started anew, we have what it takes to succeed, let's do it!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last