Message Boards

Topic : A FRESH PERSPECTIVE TO ACHIEVE WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS

Number of Replies: 11599
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, August 14, 2006, 07:09:04 am
Author : elpasolady
  • If you wish to seek and provide compassionate support to others on your weight loss journey, this is the board for you!
  • Three leaders of this board have been designated (BJ, Cathy, & Sharon) to prevent us from getting carried away with other subjects and focused on the 7 Keys.
  • Feel free to post about those positive events in your life to share with the friends here.
  • Post about those negative events that can hinder your progress and we will support you through it.
  • Please address everyone here with courtesy, dignity, and respect.  Keep in mind that we all have read Dr. Phil's book and know what must be done to lose weight, so we do not need to be told.  As Dr. Phil says, "this is not a one size fits all program".  Therefore, what work's for one person may not work for everyone.  We all have our own unique life circumstances and physical challenges that can affect results.  What is needed is the support and encouragement to do what needs to be done.
  • Opinions & suggestions are encouraged and always viewed as "Food for Thought".
  • Criticism, judgments, and ideas of dictatorship are best left outside our computer room doors.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 14, 2006, 3:27 pm CDT

Planning . . . .

Well ladies, I have my meals for today complete and tomorrow's menu planned.  Have had 9 glasses of water and may have one more before the night is over.  Food was right on, I walked for 30 minutes despite the bum knee, read a few more pages of Chapter I and journalled some thoughts.  I have adhered to the 7 Keys and used each as I needed it today.  My feeling is that I may not always need each Key every day, the important thing is knowing what Key to use and how to use it when it is needed.    If I'm dealing with a difficult relationship or past hurtful memories, I know that Key 2 will help me work through it.  If the stress from that event or any other stressful occurance causes me to want to binge, then I know I need to settle down and do some Key 4 work.

One day at a time ladies!  So glad you're on this journey with me.

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 3:30 pm CDT

BJ & Sharon,

Hey ladies,

I will be able to check in early tomorrow morning, but then will be gone for the forenoon.  Am getting a new "do" to go along with my new attitude and commitment to change!

I know our time differences affect our posting together and I am off for a bit to dinner dishes and will check back in later!

Today has been a changing day in my life!!!!!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 3:46 pm CDT

CATHY

Quote From: catlyninvt

Hey ladies,

I will be able to check in early tomorrow morning, but then will be gone for the forenoon.  Am getting a new "do" to go along with my new attitude and commitment to change!

I know our time differences affect our posting together and I am off for a bit to dinner dishes and will check back in later!

Today has been a changing day in my life!!!!!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

How fun!  I've always enjoyed going to get a new "do".  I need to do that myself.  My "do" has grown out and I find I fight with it too much.

My hairdresser is a man and he gives great haircuts.  In addition he's always so charming and complimentary.  I know he does it for business, but I like it anyway!  LOL!

I have a business meeting to attend on Thursday evening, so I may just go get my hair done during the day so my hair will look good for the meeting.

I meant to tell you that my Dad was the same way about stopping on the road and yep - wet sneakers!  LOL!

Hugs,

Sharon

August 14, 2006, 4:20 pm CDT

Too funny!

Wet sneakers!!!! LOL

Cathy you are so right - Today is a changing day in all our lives!!

Mine didn't change as much as I would have liked due to the renos going on here today, but as long as I do the best I can I'll be happy!! I have to say there were times I wanted to find something, anything, to stuff myself with, but I didn't.

Catch you later!!

Hugs

BJ

August 14, 2006, 4:45 pm CDT

BJ & Sharon,

Quote From: chimocats

Wet sneakers!!!! LOL

Cathy you are so right - Today is a changing day in all our lives!!

Mine didn't change as much as I would have liked due to the renos going on here today, but as long as I do the best I can I'll be happy!! I have to say there were times I wanted to find something, anything, to stuff myself with, but I didn't.

Catch you later!!

Hugs

BJ

When I went grocery shopping today, I passed a display of "Kettle Chips" (I think they are made by Lays) and there was a new flavor called "Buffalo Wing Flavor".  I love hot, spicy food and two weeks ago, heck, last week I would have picked them up in a minute just to "try".  . .yeah right!  Today I looked at the bag and actually said out loud (without thinking), "you're not going to get me today!" and walked on by.  The lady on the other side of the display looked a bit nervous. *LOL*  I haven't felt this kind of strength in a long time.  DH had the same veggie dish that I had tonight, however, I had fish and he wanted a meatball grinder with some leftover meatballs that were in the fridge.  Given that he works nights 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. and with his diabetes, he really needs adequate carbs with his evening meal.   He has a very physically demanding job.   I made him the grinder and I didn't so much as eat 1/2 a meatball.  I felt proud!!! 

We're talking back our power ladies!!!!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 5:06 pm CDT

OOOPS!

That was supposed to read:

We're taking back our power ladies!!!! *LOL* However, I do really like to talk too:)!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 6:01 pm CDT

Good Night Ladies!

I have spent the last 30 minutes reading the UWS and making some notes for upcoming discussion.

It is 9:00 p.m. here and I am heading to bed!  Will catch up with both of you in the a.m. before I leave for the hair appt.  I'm trying to get my sleep pattern back to normal as I return to work one week from today.  No more sleeping in, no more staying up late!

Sweet Dreams!  It's been a GREAT UWLS Day!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 6:29 pm CDT

Thanks pals.

I've had a very positive day.  I'm very proud of myself.  Took the time to read the first pages in the book before Key #1 and realized that I just haven't been committed 100% to the program.  Have been faltering over the past 2 years and don't want to regain the weight that I lost so am stepping up to the plate and reclaiming my power over myself.  YEAH !

I have been very fortunate over the past 3 years to have made many friends, who have supported me in my weight loss endeavours, and who are still there behind me 100%.  YOu can include yourself on that list.

Good luck with the new board you created.  Obviously you felt the need and I will drop by and lend my support to you.

Time for me to go to bed.  BTW when is your discussion day and what is going to be discussed?

ttfn Lov eBarbara

August 14, 2006, 7:13 pm CDT

Barbara

Thanks for stopping by to say goodnight. Congratulations on having a great day,

I am proud to say that you have been a great support to me ever since we got to know each other, and you know I'm always here for you.

One day at a time, we are going to win this waron fat!

Here's to power!!

Hugs

BJ

August 15, 2006, 4:02 am CDT

GOOD MORNING

I didn't get back on last night for two reasons; 1)  We had a thunder and lightening show - no rain though, and 2) I was just wiped out.  DH has to be at work at 6:00 A.M., so in order for us to be able to exercise together, I have to get up at 4:00 with him.  That's just way way early for me and by the end of the day, I was really feeling it.  I was in bed and asleep by 8:00 last night - LOL!  I got all eight of my waters in me yesterday, so that meant getting up a few times during the night, but I sure felt better this morning getting the extra sleep. 

Being accountable, I had a gread day yesterday.  Food was right where it should be, I.E. done first thing in the morning, water drank.  So, I too am quie proud of myself.

Barbara, BJ, Cathy - we all had a good day yesterday - like Cathy said, we are taking our power back and we are all motivated to keep it up.

DH and I were up at 4 and have exercised already this morning.  I have 2 waters in me already and I'm off to go get breakfast ready for us.

It's going to be another terrific day ladies!

Hugs,

Sharon

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last