Message Boards

Topic : A FRESH PERSPECTIVE TO ACHIEVE WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS

Number of Replies: 11599
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, August 14, 2006, 07:09:04 am
Author : elpasolady
  • If you wish to seek and provide compassionate support to others on your weight loss journey, this is the board for you!
  • Three leaders of this board have been designated (BJ, Cathy, & Sharon) to prevent us from getting carried away with other subjects and focused on the 7 Keys.
  • Feel free to post about those positive events in your life to share with the friends here.
  • Post about those negative events that can hinder your progress and we will support you through it.
  • Please address everyone here with courtesy, dignity, and respect.  Keep in mind that we all have read Dr. Phil's book and know what must be done to lose weight, so we do not need to be told.  As Dr. Phil says, "this is not a one size fits all program".  Therefore, what work's for one person may not work for everyone.  We all have our own unique life circumstances and physical challenges that can affect results.  What is needed is the support and encouragement to do what needs to be done.
  • Opinions & suggestions are encouraged and always viewed as "Food for Thought".
  • Criticism, judgments, and ideas of dictatorship are best left outside our computer room doors.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 5, 2008, 7:16 am CDT

Blessed Sunday to All

It is a beautiful day here in Kansas.  I love this time of the year.

My son, his best girl, and I have been having a great time.  We went to see "Lion King" play yesterday--it was fantastic.  However, we've been having such a great time, I haven't been on the computer much.

But I see I'm not the only one who is having a busy weekend.  Hope everyone is doing fine.

We have gone to more restaurants than I do in 6 months and I've had more meat than I usually do.  Way light on the veggies.  I'm beginning to feel loggy.  So today is veggies big time.  Think we will be eating at home.  Both of the kids are chefs but they never get to eat out in Aspen as they are always working.  So they have been having some fun trying our Kansas City restaurants. 

I've got to get back on track.  I'm going to pull out Dr P's rapid start and start up on that.  I really feel sluggish, although part of that is the later nights than I am used to.

You are in my thoughts--hope to hear from some of you tomorrow.  I'm back to work after a four day holiday.

Hugs,

Anita

October 6, 2008, 5:22 am CDT

GOOD MORNING EVERYBUDDIE

what a busy time it has been.  i decided not to do any overtime this week at all.  and i am glad.  i have a lot of work to do here the next 3 days.  my new office desk is here and i am not ready.  it was suppossed to come the 23 of this month and it came last week.  YIPES

i have 2 more days of overtime scheduled for the week after that and then i am cutting it way down to maybe once a week or every 2 weeks.  its starting to hit me pretty hard.  getting too old for that kind of schedule.

i am off till Thursday so plan on making a few more stops on the board.  then the following week will be scarce again.

Anita............thanks for keeping the home fires burning here.

hugs to all

teresa

October 7, 2008, 2:54 am CDT

Theresa

Quote From: toofattool

what a busy time it has been.  i decided not to do any overtime this week at all.  and i am glad.  i have a lot of work to do here the next 3 days.  my new office desk is here and i am not ready.  it was suppossed to come the 23 of this month and it came last week.  YIPES

i have 2 more days of overtime scheduled for the week after that and then i am cutting it way down to maybe once a week or every 2 weeks.  its starting to hit me pretty hard.  getting too old for that kind of schedule.

i am off till Thursday so plan on making a few more stops on the board.  then the following week will be scarce again.

Anita............thanks for keeping the home fires burning here.

hugs to all

teresa

Overtime/second job does start wearing on a body after awhile.  I used to teach two nights a week at the community college after teaching all day at the high school.  I did that for 5 years and then just had to quit.  It was great to have some time for a bit of a life again.  Now I don't know where I found the time to do that.

Thanks for the "home fires" comment. Several times I've thought of moving to to another board but you all are like friends to me, so I keep coming back and checking in.  Guess that is my compulsive behavior side showing.

I've had several days of heavier meals than usual.  They weren't necessarily the wrong kind of meals--just more protein, etc. than I am used to.  I've really been feeling loggy.  Last night was totally meatless with lots of veggies and some yogurt.  My tummy didn't have a problem with that at all.  :)  It is a happy vegetarian most of the time.

Have a great day.  Theresa, enjoy tose days off.

Hugs,

Anita

October 7, 2008, 8:19 am CDT

ANITA

Anita............................I am so glad that you didnt move to another board.  we appreciate your insight and comments.  you are very supportive to us all and we appreciate that too.

i am hoping things will start picking up again pretty soon.  i know i will be ehere more often once i get next week over with.  and yes my body is protesting about the extra hours i have done.  i am wore down without a doubt and i have way too much to do to stay that way.

hopefully we will see some of the oldtimers return again also.  in the meantime, i thank you again for  keeping this board rolling so we had something to return to

hugs

teresa

October 8, 2008, 2:51 am CDT

Theresa

Anita............................I am so glad that you didnt move to another board.  we appreciate your insight and comments.  you are very supportive to us all and we appreciate that too.

i am hoping things will start picking up again pretty soon.  i know i will be ehere more often once i get next week over with.  and yes my body is protesting about the extra hours i have done.  i am wore down without a doubt and i have way too much to do to stay that way.

hopefully we will see some of the oldtimers return again also.  in the meantime, i thank you again for  keeping this board rolling so we had something to return to

hugs

teresa

Thanks for all the nice comments.  I post on here as much for me as for others.  It makes me stay real as far as my actions/consequences and my plans.  Knowing that I've stated plans to the world helps make me more accountable.

Joe popped up on the old board this morning.  It is a shame that we can't put both the boards together again and perhaps have one active one.

Yep, I hope we get more active.  I was hoping that some newbies would stay.  But I know I originally posted on several boards that weren't active and I got frustrated because no one was ever posting.  So prhaps they moved on.  I don't need a board with thousands of people as I get lost in all the strands, but it sure would be nice to have a few more folks post.  I'm really glad that you've had some time to post.

Hope you are enjoying your time off.  After two work days off last week, I spent two days just getting re-oriented to what I was doing and getting up in the mornings.

I think I could do retirement if I had the money, except I think I'd get bored without some outside focus.....and teaching is what I love.

Have a spectacular day, friend.

Hugs,

Anita

October 9, 2008, 2:55 am CDT

Thursday

Have a good day, all.  Be sure to get that water in.....that has been a challenge for me this week, but I'm working on it.

Hugs,

Anita

October 9, 2008, 4:22 am CDT

ANITA

i am sure we will get others back on the board as the nice weather is all but gone for the most part.  i am starting my last 10 crazy days of overtime tonight.  working 8 of the next 10 days and not really all that enthused about it either......................lol

i come here to keep myself accountable also.  although it hasnt worked for me yet.  when i get back on my regular schedule and get the office finished i will be devoting myself more to the weight loss.  i have used it all as an excuse too long now and its time to get crackin.

i doubt if i will be here much the next 10 days but will be back for sure after they are over

i know i could retire if i could afford it, but would also need to have something to do.

hugs

teresa

October 10, 2008, 2:51 am CDT

Teresa

i am sure we will get others back on the board as the nice weather is all but gone for the most part.  i am starting my last 10 crazy days of overtime tonight.  working 8 of the next 10 days and not really all that enthused about it either......................lol

i come here to keep myself accountable also.  although it hasnt worked for me yet.  when i get back on my regular schedule and get the office finished i will be devoting myself more to the weight loss.  i have used it all as an excuse too long now and its time to get crackin.

i doubt if i will be here much the next 10 days but will be back for sure after they are over

i know i could retire if i could afford it, but would also need to have something to do.

hugs

teresa

Yep, work has been an excuse for me for a long time, too--although it is a real issue.  The principal is expecting more and more done and not more time to do it in.  It is just expected that you will do things at home or stay late.

I get to work at 6:30 or before every morning and often don't leave until 4-30 pm.  That is enough of a day and some days I am literally worn out.  I turn the lights out at 8 pm so there aren't so many hours to do things at home.  Ugh!!

Like you--can't affort to retire and don't know what I'd do with myself if I did.  I'd also need to have something to do.

Hange in there through the next few days and I'll look forward to seeing you back here.

Hugs,

Anita

October 14, 2008, 2:36 am CDT

Morning All

Popped in and found everyone was busy else where.  Hope you are all having fun.

I am determined to go to WW this evening to get weighed and have a "get real" visit with myself.  Was going to go on Saturday, but Dad needed me to take him to the hospital to see Mom.  Not a bad reason, just unplanned.

Been eating with forethought--not grabbing anything in sight.  So hopefully the scale will reflect that effort and not the meals out while my son was here. 

You all get your water in and smile a lot.  Both will help with weight loss.

Hugs,

Anita

October 15, 2008, 3:05 pm CDT

Joe

A Simple Approach to Weight Loss

First | Prev | 1154 | 1155 | 1156 | 1157 | 1158 | 1159 | Next | Last