Message Boards

Topic : A FRESH PERSPECTIVE TO ACHIEVE WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS

Number of Replies: 11599
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, August 14, 2006, 07:09:04 am
Author : elpasolady
  • If you wish to seek and provide compassionate support to others on your weight loss journey, this is the board for you!
  • Three leaders of this board have been designated (BJ, Cathy, & Sharon) to prevent us from getting carried away with other subjects and focused on the 7 Keys.
  • Feel free to post about those positive events in your life to share with the friends here.
  • Post about those negative events that can hinder your progress and we will support you through it.
  • Please address everyone here with courtesy, dignity, and respect.  Keep in mind that we all have read Dr. Phil's book and know what must be done to lose weight, so we do not need to be told.  As Dr. Phil says, "this is not a one size fits all program".  Therefore, what work's for one person may not work for everyone.  We all have our own unique life circumstances and physical challenges that can affect results.  What is needed is the support and encouragement to do what needs to be done.
  • Opinions & suggestions are encouraged and always viewed as "Food for Thought".
  • Criticism, judgments, and ideas of dictatorship are best left outside our computer room doors.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 14, 2006, 7:12 am CDT

A New Beginning

We have a new beginning ladies!  I'm ready and eager and have begun my day on the right path for success.

DH and I arose this morning very early and walked with a Leslie Sansone Video.  Then we had a healthy breakfast of 1/2 banana, 1 c. cereal, 1 c f/f milk, and black coffee.  (I also made sure that we took our vitamins and drank a nutritional supplement that we have included in our lives)  Oh, and I've drank 3 of my waters for the day.

I've washed and folded one load of laundry, the second is in the dryer and the third is in the washer.  I've also washed the breakfast dishes, taken my shower, did my hair, and put on my face.

So far, it's been a very productive day and it's only a little after 8:00 A.M. here.  The possibilities are endless - LOL!

Hugs,

Sharon

August 14, 2006, 7:13 am CDT

Good Morning Ladies!

Today is a new day and time to get this derailed train back on track!  I stepped on the scales this morning and could have cried, no suprise really, but a real eye-opener.  I am going back to the beginning of the book, I am going to make myself accountable at the end of each day as to whether or not I utilized the 7 Keys, have my checklist ready to go.  I am going back to babysteps . .one meal at a time, one snack at a time, etc.  I will have my menus planned in advance . .no more "winging" it. 

It isn't that I don't know what to do as by this time I practically have the book memorized, but I like to reread those parts that motivate me and the parts that will help me uncover what I haven't found yet, such as my payoff.  I think I'm getting closer on that one finally . .goes way back to my childhood and it makes no sense to me that I would carry it into my adult life and hold onto it all these years, but I think I have.  When I'm sure I have it figured out, I will share. 

Remember ladies, we are all a work in progress and "God don't make no junk".    We know this program is doable and we've just got to use those keys to open the doors to weightloss freedom.  It's within our grasp, but those doors won't open unless we pick those keys up and use them!!  We are all so deserving of this life style change!  Today is the first day of the rest of my life! 

"Six months will go by, a year will go by whether you choose to lose the weight or not" ~ Dr. Phil

Let's choose to lose ladies!!!!  Let's make it happen!

Have a wonderful day all!  The sun is shining here once again and today, I WILL be putting on my walking shoes and getting out there for at least 30 minutes!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 7:18 am CDT

Hi Sharon!!

Quote From: elpasolady

We have a new beginning ladies!  I'm ready and eager and have begun my day on the right path for success.

DH and I arose this morning very early and walked with a Leslie Sansone Video.  Then we had a healthy breakfast of 1/2 banana, 1 c. cereal, 1 c f/f milk, and black coffee.  (I also made sure that we took our vitamins and drank a nutritional supplement that we have included in our lives)  Oh, and I've drank 3 of my waters for the day.

I've washed and folded one load of laundry, the second is in the dryer and the third is in the washer.  I've also washed the breakfast dishes, taken my shower, did my hair, and put on my face.

So far, it's been a very productive day and it's only a little after 8:00 A.M. here.  The possibilities are endless - LOL!

Hugs,

Sharon

I know what you mean!  I was actually up at 7:00 a.m. this morning, did the chores (feeding cats & dog) *LOL*.  Had a healthy breakfast of cereal/strawberries/ffmilk and 2 strips of lean turkey bacon.  I've had 4 glasses of water and 12 oz. of green tea, so far.  Oh, and just finished my a.m. snack . .a peach!  Feeling so good!

Before lunch, I will get in my walk.  Yes, you heard me, I am going to walk today!!!

I actually have made myself up a checklist and at the end of each day will hold myself accountable to it and to everyone here as to whether I utilized each Key throughout my day . . .did I do my exercise, eat on program, do my IE, have positive thoughts,  connect with my circle of support, etc., etc.

I also have a list made of a few things I need to run to the grocery for later on.  If this trains going to get back on track, and it is, I'm going to make sure I have all the right "fuel" and a back up plan!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 7:20 am CDT

Good Morning!!

A new beginning indeed!!  I am sooo ready!!

Like Cathy I didn't like what I saw on the scales this morning, and am choosing once and for all to get this weight off.

You gals are way ahead of me this morning, but I'll catch up!!

Hugs

BJ

August 14, 2006, 7:22 am CDT

Getting Real About You and Your Weight . .

"This decision you are mulling over in your head is not whether to start yet another "diet".  You have made that well intentioned but misguided choice dozens of times.  And through it all, your weight just keeps creeping up or maybe even shooting sky high, and it is getting harder to control with each passing year."

"The decision you must make is whether or not you will quit concerning yourself and telling yourself what you so desperately wish were the truth:  that there is some hot new died out there, promising quick and easy results.  So decide:  do you want to keep fooling yourself or not?"

~ Dr. Phil, Chapter 1, Page 3 of the UWLS

August 14, 2006, 7:22 am CDT

CATHY

We've already grasped the right attitude, which is the first step.  Now we are here to help encourage each other to put it into our daily lives.

I too have my checklist ready for today and my meals and snacks are planned out.  I'll be planning tomorrow sometime later today.

You're not alone, my friend!  I wasn't very happy with the number on the scale this morning either.  But, the good news is that it is on its way down!

DH and I decided last night that for us to really help motivate each other, I need to drag myself out of bed early and exercise together.  Otherwise, it's too easy to put it off until it doesn't get done.  Since I'm not an early riser, this will be a bit of a sacrifice for me, but I've decided it is something I MUST do, for us both.

I'm happy to have you here with me.  You have always been a fantastic source of support and encouragement to me!

Big Hug,

Sharon

August 14, 2006, 7:23 am CDT

Breakfast

Kashi Good Friends cereal/skim milk/blueberries, 2 slices turkey bacon, coffee,  1 water

I made myself a check off list a long time ago and when I used it it really helped, so I need to dig it out again and put it to use.

I also measured myself this morning, so I have a starting point there too.

Hugs

BJ

August 14, 2006, 7:24 am CDT

Good Morning BJ!

Quote From: chimocats

Like Cathy I didn't like what I saw on the scales this morning, and am choosing once and for all to get this weight off.

Hugs

BJ

As my Mom use to say when we were about to embark on a new adventure whether it was reaching the destination of a family road trip, moving into a new house or starting a new job . .

HAPPY LANDING!!!!!  We are embarking on a life changing venture and we know it works because we've been there, worked it, seen results and then for whatever reason, allowed life to get in our way.  Not this time!  We are on a one way journey to GOAL!!!!!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 7:26 am CDT

Qoute

"When there is so much at stake - your weight, your health, your self-esteem - you've got to something about it now."  ~ Dr. Phil

August 14, 2006, 7:26 am CDT

BJ

Quote From: chimocats

Hugs

BJ

Hey friend!  We may be ahead of you at this hour, but I've no doubt you will catch up with us.

The hour that we get it done is not nearly as important as making sure we do what we must at some point during the day.

It feels good to have a new beginning here, doesn't it?

Hugs,

Sharon

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last