Message Boards

Topic : A FRESH PERSPECTIVE TO ACHIEVE WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS

Number of Replies: 11599
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, August 14, 2006, 07:09:04 am
Author : elpasolady
  • If you wish to seek and provide compassionate support to others on your weight loss journey, this is the board for you!
  • Three leaders of this board have been designated (BJ, Cathy, & Sharon) to prevent us from getting carried away with other subjects and focused on the 7 Keys.
  • Feel free to post about those positive events in your life to share with the friends here.
  • Post about those negative events that can hinder your progress and we will support you through it.
  • Please address everyone here with courtesy, dignity, and respect.  Keep in mind that we all have read Dr. Phil's book and know what must be done to lose weight, so we do not need to be told.  As Dr. Phil says, "this is not a one size fits all program".  Therefore, what work's for one person may not work for everyone.  We all have our own unique life circumstances and physical challenges that can affect results.  What is needed is the support and encouragement to do what needs to be done.
  • Opinions & suggestions are encouraged and always viewed as "Food for Thought".
  • Criticism, judgments, and ideas of dictatorship are best left outside our computer room doors.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 14, 2006, 8:21 am CDT

Challenge

I'm with you two!! The challenge is hour by hour, day by day. I too have lost the sense of urgency, and think this approach will work best for me too. If we find one or more of us are struggling in an area, we can have a short challenge to get that aspect of the program going again. Just my thoughts!!

Hugs

BJ

August 14, 2006, 8:22 am CDT

Questions . . . .

Weigh-in on Monday is good!

Posting accountability at end of day is good!  Once school starts my time in the a.m. will be brief.

Posting menus . . .individual choice, however, I often get ideas from seeing others menus, especiall when I'm looking for something new and healthy to try.

What to you think BJ?

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 8:23 am CDT

CATHY

Hey, lunch sounds pretty yummy!  Set a place for me - I'm on my way - LOL!

Actually, I'm having the same except I have some leftover cooked and lean port roast that I plan to chop up and put in my salad.

I too need to get busy.  I think my dryer is beginning to get angry with me for not emptying it.  And I have my last load to put in there to dry as well. 

It's so hard for me to drag myself out of bed early in the mornings, but it really does feel good to have already accomplished so much today.

Hugs,

Sharon

August 14, 2006, 8:23 am CDT

BJ,

Quote From: chimocats

I'm with you two!! The challenge is hour by hour, day by day. I too have lost the sense of urgency, and think this approach will work best for me too. If we find one or more of us are struggling in an area, we can have a short challenge to get that aspect of the program going again. Just my thoughts!!

Hugs

BJ

Yuppers, we're all on the same page:).

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 8:25 am CDT

Meal plans

I like reading other's menus and it gives me ideas - I tend to be quite boring with what I eat!!

I think it would help me to post my achievements for the day, whether last thing at night or first thing the next morning. That way we'll be able to see if we are faltering in any area and support each other right away.

Hugs

BJ

August 14, 2006, 8:25 am CDT

Okay dear friends,

We've got a great thing going here and we're off to a fantastic start!!!!

I'm off to get some things done and will check in later.  Thank you both for your time your energy and your friendship! 

Love you both!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

August 14, 2006, 8:26 am CDT

CATHY

Quote From: catlyninvt

Weigh-in on Monday is good!

Posting accountability at end of day is good!  Once school starts my time in the a.m. will be brief.

Posting menus . . .individual choice, however, I often get ideas from seeing others menus, especiall when I'm looking for something new and healthy to try.

What to you think BJ?

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

I think posting at the end of the day works better for me too.  BJ, if it's easier for you to do it at a different time, that's fine.  I think the important thing is that we be accountable to each other.  I'm not saying that we have to provide a list of every morsal of food we put in our mouths - unless we feel we need to do that.  It's an individual thing and we can do what works the best for us as individuals - unless you all have a different idea about that.

Hugs,

Sharon

August 14, 2006, 8:28 am CDT

Back at ya!!

I too must get busy for awhile! But I'll be back!!!

Thank you both so much for being with me on this fresh start!!

Love

BJ

August 14, 2006, 8:29 am CDT

End of day......

Quote From: elpasolady

I think posting at the end of the day works better for me too.  BJ, if it's easier for you to do it at a different time, that's fine.  I think the important thing is that we be accountable to each other.  I'm not saying that we have to provide a list of every morsal of food we put in our mouths - unless we feel we need to do that.  It's an individual thing and we can do what works the best for us as individuals - unless you all have a different idea about that.

Hugs,

Sharon

.......will work best for me too, b /c I'm a night owl!!

Hugs

BJ

August 14, 2006, 8:30 am CDT

Right back at ya!

Quote From: catlyninvt

We've got a great thing going here and we're off to a fantastic start!!!!

I'm off to get some things done and will check in later.  Thank you both for your time your energy and your friendship! 

Love you both!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

I agree Cathy, we've had a great start this morning and no doubt we will continue.

I too must get some things done and will be checking back a bit later.

Enjoy your walk Cathy!

BJ - don't work too hard on your house, although I'm sure it's been giving you lots of exercise!

Hugs to you both!

Sharon

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last