Message Boards

Topic : HIV/AIDS Support Group

Number of Replies: 35
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 11:33:28 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
If you or a loved one is battling HIV or AIDS, find support and share resources and advice with others here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 21, 2008, 6:54 pm CDT

The Power of Forgiveness

Quote From: iwonttell

Me and my husband have been married for 4 years and this is the 1st time i have ever cheated on him ( and last)!  I guess I was hurt by finding out that he cheated on me shortly after being married and a year and a half before my cheating situation.  He kept throwing it in my face and i was fed up with it.  Not wanting to leave i did what i did and i regret it.  I thought it would make me feel better but only made me feel worst.  We have been tested again and it was negative.  I dont beleive he has cheated again and i know i am definately not.  I do ask the lord for his forgiveness every day and every night.  I thank you for responding to my message and i will bless you and your husband in my prayers!

My Dear Sister~

Do all that you know to do to affair proof your marriage.  If you believe in the power of prayer in the name of Jesus Christ then I suggest you receive the forgiveness for your infidelity and kick the dust off your feet and move forward.  Forgiving your mate for his indiscretions will be one of the most Godly things that you could ever do.  Never bring it up again.  Let it go and ask God to give you wisdom on how to keep the flame burning in your garden.  Read countless books like The Five Languages of Love,  The Purpose and Power of Marriage and His Needs Her Needs.  There is a wealth of knowledge out there that will take you to a whole new level in your marital relationship not to mention it will increase your intimacy with God as well.  Know this for sure, marriage is a sacred covenant established by the Most High God.  Your temple was created by Him and for Him.  What you do with your body will either bring Him Glory or disgrace.  You will have to give an account for what you do in this body.  Thirty seconds of passion is not worth the pain and possible death sentence.  HIV, Herpes, Syphilis or any STD is not and never will be sexy.  Think about what you are thinking about before you take a dangerous leap again.  Ask God to give you the strength to say no.  Do all you can to make your grass green in your garden and stop thinking the grass is greener on the other side.  Trust me you will only find thorns and thistles not to mention dry brown grass when you cross over the fence again with great expectations.  Do something different and say no because you are worth it and the God you claim you worship will be pleased.  Bless your mate and stop settling for a quick dangerous roll in the hay.

Blessings,

Sincerely,

Luvisachoice

July 23, 2008, 4:21 pm CDT

Sad Doll

Quote From: doll2m

I have been poz for 5 years and my ID Doc is telling me that now is the time to begin HAART and I do not want to start the HIV medications. Does anyone have any helpful advise as to what I should do with this situation. I am so sad about even having this illness and really have not accepted it into my life and up to now, I have been able to push it aside due to the fact that I was not on any medications. This is just another validation that I have the virus and that it is winning.....Any help would be great!

Sad Doll from NY

If your Doctor is wanting to start you on Haart it is for a very good reason. You have to keep track of your Viral Load and your T-Cell.  Now what the doctors are watching out for is the viral load. That is because if they can help you keep your VL under control then you have a better chance of living a longer and more healthier life. But if your VL is out of control it can attack all those cells that do help keep you healthy and living good and you will find yourself developing AIDS much faster and other illnesses could try to set in and just weaken you faster. If you are not sure, you can always go to another doctor and ask for a second oppion. 

Good Luck to you and your family

August 5, 2008, 7:02 pm CDT

very worried

this is the first time i have told my story but it has come time for me to see the reality of what i have done due to the love i have for a man. my story is simple but complicated i married a inmate who is hiv postive i have loved him through the 2 year bid looking over his health issue just loving him for him. the time has come for us to have a family visit which means we will be having many intimate moments he has been in carcerated almost 5 years..it has hit me that i am scared almost scared enough to walk away from him but only because i dont want to get the infection. but i know if i walk away it woudlnt   be because i dont love him it would be because of my fear. it hurts me to know that i may not go through with this i am his wife and i did marry him knowing he was carrying the virus. but my love for him made me look over it .the question is can i walk away ? i would feel so bad because i love him with all my heart. i always looked at this as God brought us together for a reason but why cant i trust and except...thank you for letting me express my words .

September 1, 2008, 4:36 pm CDT

Alchol's effect on an HIV pos person???

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew what type of effect alcohol would have on an HIV pos person.  My mother was diagnosed in 2003 after her boyfriend died of what at the time they thought was cancer, since her diagnosis, she has turned to alcohol for her depression, in the mean time her BP has become very high and she will not reason with us that it is due to the alcohol.  She has gotten a DWI, she has missed work, she gets very moody, upset, crying, yelling, forgettful, has almost dropped my 1 year old niece(which we never leave alone with her)  she has been drunk and called my younger brother leaving mean messages to the point he won't even come around anymore.  Some one please help she is depressed and knows that she is going to die, and doesn't think that her drinking is a problem, what can we do to help her?

October 25, 2008, 10:47 pm CDT

recently diagnosed

I am 21 and I was recently diagnosed with hiv a couple months ago. I've had the disease for about a year and so far I have been healthy. I have no idea how to tell my parents. I have told some of my friends already. I just don't know what to do. I just fell kind of lost and in a rut right now. Any help or encouragment is appreciated.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next Page | Last Page