Message Boards

Topic : Depression

Number of Replies: 74771
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:53:17 pm
Author : dataimport

Please join us on the new Depression Support message board: Click Here

Click here for General and Mental Health Resources.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 11, 2009, 2:51 am CDT

Its early in the morning

Quote From: dhampir_xo

I haven't been on in here in awhile, and for starters, things aren't so great since my last post, so much has happened ... so much I don't even remember. Everything just got worse. I don't even know where I am in life right now ... I don't even know who I am, ohh lord how do I even START ):

But I see your post was late last nite. How are you doing this morning? There is always a calm before a storm, and after the storm, there is calm again. This is the flow and the energy of life, for human, animal, spirit. Now if you are reading this, you have made it through the storm and should be seeing a clearing. It might not feel like a relief, but the crisis has passed.

What you do with the calm is significant. I don't want you to tell me what you did that was so terrible, but I do want to tell you that if you truly feel the way you do, you won't repeat it now, or never. Have you learned anything by your mistake or do you just feel sorry for yourself because life isn't being so fair with you?

Learning how to move away from danger is a skill. It takes time. Little by little, work on changing your beliefs about yourself; what other people may have told you you were; what you have come to believe you are. Then see how that thinking is not only capable of gettting you into trouble, but guaranteed to get you into trouble.  See how much of your problems are self inflicted. A tough one, I know. Once we take responsibiltiy for the problems in our lives, we can become their masters!  Kimi

August 11, 2009, 6:23 am CDT

Hi DHAMPIR_XO ... GREAT TO SEE YOU!!! Just start...

I haven't been on in here in awhile, and for starters, things aren't so great since my last post, so much has happened ... so much I don't even remember. Everything just got worse. I don't even know where I am in life right now ... I don't even know who I am, ohh lord how do I even START ):
See you've met Kimi. Sorry things aren't so great yet GREAT to see you. Just share as much as you feel comfortable sharing whenever you're ready to start. Hugging prayers to you and Kimi and all. SEA

SELF MATTERS INCLUDES DHAMPIR_XO
God Bless DHAMPIR_XO and God Bless DHAMPIR_XO A Lot

DHAMPIR_XO is a lovely young lady
Has decided to make a habit of thinking positive
Amazing person who is unique and special
Miracles and blessings are being prayed for dhampir_xo
Poised and lady like in her manners and ways
In for wonderful things in life beyond imagination
Reasoning skills will help her to face any challenge
_

Xing to happier trails one happier thought at a time
Opening doors to her dreams by dhampir_xo keeping faith in herself

August 12, 2009, 6:34 am CDT

GOOD MORNING dhampir_xo, Kimi, Stormy, Bella Angel, Barbara, G, PJ & EVERYONE

G O O D ** M O R N I N G
Prayed your way by SEA

G ood Morning!!!
O pen your eyes and see all the beauty around
O pportunities waiting for you to look their way
D awn of this new and wonderfully glorious day!!!

M orning's light illuminating your life
O ffering solace from all of your strife
R easons galore to get started right away
N ever again will this day pass your way
I niviting you to enjoy every second
N ext thing you know today will be yesterday
G o on...  Grab that smile.  Time to get started... don't you reckon?

August 12, 2009, 12:21 pm CDT

Flight plans to new Dr. Phil Community in quote box.

Quote From: yesyoucan

Join us on NEW DR. PHIL COMMUNITY clicking LIVE link above TOP post...

Then scroll down and click: HEALTH

Then click: DEPRESSION and GRIEF

Then scroll down and click: DEPRESSION SUPPORT

Also, you can change link in address bar to link below and click enter:

http://community.drphil.com/boards/?EntryID=498&SubCategoryID=21

http://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=13572

LIFT OFF:
JOIN THE FUN
Dr. Phil is flying around the world in cyber space on his new BLOG

http://blog.drphil.com/

and on TWITTER

http://twitter.com

Cyber flight plans straight from the heart.
TWITTER HANDLES
@DrPhil
@Robin_McGraw
@JayMcGraw
@EricaMcGraw
@JordanMcGraw
@penninca Dr. Phil Show Producer

TWITTERVERSE
by SEA winging it on a wing and a prayer
@SEAangels14
July 4, 2009

Wandering in Twitterland
I saw Dr. Phil Family and Carla
Speaking tweet and you can too friend

August 17, 2009, 7:24 pm CDT

Talking Helps

I have become more intrinsic over the past years after my son was born.  He is now 5 and he is the jewel in my life.  Where I found solice before in my wife I cannot any longer and do not have the friends from my past to speak to.  I feel very alone as my wife does not want to hear anything about my problems because she feels that she has it worse.  I cannot argue with this because we are in the same boat with some of our problems, but she has firends she can talk to, where I do not.

To respond to this myself, I feel that this message board is a good way to begin to release some of this stress and work out why I am on this destructive path of depression.  I think that just being able to talk about this to anyone can help to defuse the situation a little bit. 

I know how some of you feel, and although we all have our differences, maybe some of these thoughts will find you and make you feel a little better.  It always gets better, but working it through and talking about it helps to heal and figure it all out.

August 18, 2009, 2:28 am CDT

Hey Joe.

Quote From: joe_cali

I have become more intrinsic over the past years after my son was born.  He is now 5 and he is the jewel in my life.  Where I found solice before in my wife I cannot any longer and do not have the friends from my past to speak to.  I feel very alone as my wife does not want to hear anything about my problems because she feels that she has it worse.  I cannot argue with this because we are in the same boat with some of our problems, but she has firends she can talk to, where I do not.

To respond to this myself, I feel that this message board is a good way to begin to release some of this stress and work out why I am on this destructive path of depression.  I think that just being able to talk about this to anyone can help to defuse the situation a little bit. 

I know how some of you feel, and although we all have our differences, maybe some of these thoughts will find you and make you feel a little better.  It always gets better, but working it through and talking about it helps to heal and figure it all out.

How are you today? I often wonder myself why when in the throes of life, we question when we are not happy, and take it almost for granted when we are are! Its almost as if we are a priviledged bunch that deserve to be happy all the time. And when we aren't when we do't get what we want, who we want, we automatically we begin to take it upon ourselves to punish ourselves for being in such a mess.  Somehow this pain is self deserving and happiness is something that just isn't ours to have. Thinking too much in either direction will surly always bring us to our knees. Kind of where you are now.

I also believe it is very important to have an outlet for our thoughts because some of us don't have the availability to throwing things off others to get a reaction, an opinion. A confidant of sorts. But even if we did, wouldn't it make more sense to be able to come to a conclusion on our own, our own ideas, thoughts, dreams, opinions? instead of someone else that has absolutely nothing to gain from our experiences?

I am experiencing this now myself. My mom died 2 years ago. She was my confidant. I began to feel the pangs of voidedness after a few months when I felt I really needed someone to talk to . She was always there if I wanted or needed her. Now, I am faced alone with my problems. Holy cow. YOu mean I have to figure this out all by myself??????!!!! lol. So I sought a therapist. I still can't make my own decisions without bouncing it off of someone. As much as I try, I need to hear myself, see a reaction, and get a nod of approval or disapproval, in order to trust my own thoughts. This is a smart thing in my case because I keep choosing to go down paths of destruction when it comes to relationships. I set them up to fail by who I choose to be with. I know I do this I continue to do this. I am working on changing it. But it is a slow process.

Now, back to you.......Your son is 5. I am happy that you can experience parenthood. Lots of people are not so fortunate. I am happy that you see him as the jewel in  your life. He is! He is a gift to you and you to him. !   Yet, we know one jewel, one gift, will never satisfy all of our needs. So what are your other needs? Why did your relationship falter? When did the communication stop? You do know, its never too late to undo something, right? Forgiveness and compassion is something we all need to learn to give to ourselves and others. But it starts with you. You are somehow managing to beat yourself up for something. Are you afraid? Are you experiencing dysfunction? Do you feel inadequate? Where are your doubts? Instead of feeling bad because you and your wife do not have a good relationship, look for someone that you can have a good relationship with! There will always be someone, something out there for you if you want it. You need to stop blaming her for your unhappiness.  I kind of did the same thing. I got married, then 7 years later, divorced. Why? Because I thought I was happy when I met him, and then got pissy when the marriage proved to me how much more work I needed to do....how NOT happy I really was. How it was all a front. But it was easier to blame him because of what he did, did not do, etc.

Stop looking outside of yourself as the cause of your unhappiness. YOu carry it around with you everywhere you go. You can go from new york to china and never find happiness because you carry you wherever you go. It is difficult to do, but in order to truly be able to be happy, you have to truly be able to be unhappy, and be ok with that. Then you also need to see that while you are suffering, someone is suffering too in exactly the same way. You are not alone. Right now someone feels exactly the same. Its the universal flow; we cannot hide from it.

My suggestion? Starting today, DO something that is going to be a challenge, something small is perfect. Like go to a church and smile at the person in the pew. Or go to the supermarket and tip the cashier! Or the next time you see a child look them in the eye and wink or smile. Little things. Then work your way up to bold things like reaching out to someone in need. Feel their pain. Share their fear. Hug. Little by little, you will feel your depression lifting. I know. We have to get out of heads just long enough so that we don't forget its not all about US.......this way, we will never be lonely.

I hope this makes sense to you. Oh. I read buddhism. If you like you might want to read a book called "When things fall apart" by Pema Chodron. Its a small book, fits right in your back pocket. Depending on the size of the jeans. ha ha.   

Kim

August 18, 2009, 4:11 pm CDT

Hi Joe...

Quote From: joe_cali

I see you met Kimi. I've seen lots of people talk it out here, self included, and in the process of everyone here sharing what works for them find out what works for oneself. Often reaching out to others here I've equally helped myself. I'm glad you joined us.

Do note the post about New Dr. Phil Community and Dr. Phil's Blog and Twitter should you want to explore those options too. Usually, someone stops by here and glad to see Kimi holding down the fort of onward and forward one post at a time... ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Best wishes to you. Me too. We too.
SEA

August 18, 2009, 4:58 pm CDT

Hi Sea.

Quote From: yesyoucan

I see you met Kimi. I've seen lots of people talk it out here, self included, and in the process of everyone here sharing what works for them find out what works for oneself. Often reaching out to others here I've equally helped myself. I'm glad you joined us.

Do note the post about New Dr. Phil Community and Dr. Phil's Blog and Twitter should you want to explore those options too. Usually, someone stops by here and glad to see Kimi holding down the fort of onward and forward one post at a time... ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Best wishes to you. Me too. We too.
SEA

I tried the new board, don't like it. So when this one disappears, probably so will I .That will be my sign. :)

Its so hot. Is it hot by you? I love the summer though. Not one much for having to shovel and stuff. Well, take care. Nice to see you stop by. Enjoy ther rest of the summer and keep checking from time to time. I feel like I am a solo standstill here. Thanks. Kim

August 18, 2009, 7:39 pm CDT

Your Welcome Kim... I usually stop by a few times each day & was glad to see you and our new member, Joe.

Quote From: kimikomine

I tried the new board, don't like it. So when this one disappears, probably so will I .That will be my sign. :)

Its so hot. Is it hot by you? I love the summer though. Not one much for having to shovel and stuff. Well, take care. Nice to see you stop by. Enjoy ther rest of the summer and keep checking from time to time. I feel like I am a solo standstill here. Thanks. Kim

Enjoyed returning to read your post... I was short on time earlier. What you said is what I'm hoping a fellow member on twitter realizes. She is so sad and I don't want to lose her nor her to lose her for that matter. She writes with eloquence and poise as you do. Very intelligent and talent, too, like you.

It is just so much easier if we see "where ever we go there we are." If we feel like a victim and we have zero control we miss seeing what we do have control of. She has valid reason to be very hurt and the heat isn't helping matters since could be throwing her electrolytes off balance. Like you said... sadness IS a part of life too. BTW: Still miss my mom six years later for the same reason.

It was in 90's today with a breeze and felt like a cold front. Been hovering at a hundred. Ugh... In Arizona I heard it is 115 & 118.

Hugging prayers to you and all...
SEA

August 19, 2009, 2:14 pm CDT

Just begin dear heart...

Hugging prayers,
SEA
xo

First | Prev | 7470 | 7471 | 7472 | 7473 | 7474 | 7475 | 7476 | 7477 | Next | Last