Message Boards

Topic : Depression

Number of Replies: 74771
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:53:17 pm
Author : dataimport

Please join us on the new Depression Support message board: Click Here

Click here for General and Mental Health Resources.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 20, 2009, 3:33 am CDT

Philosophies

Quote From: yesyoucan

Enjoyed returning to read your post... I was short on time earlier. What you said is what I'm hoping a fellow member on twitter realizes. She is so sad and I don't want to lose her nor her to lose her for that matter. She writes with eloquence and poise as you do. Very intelligent and talent, too, like you.

It is just so much easier if we see "where ever we go there we are." If we feel like a victim and we have zero control we miss seeing what we do have control of. She has valid reason to be very hurt and the heat isn't helping matters since could be throwing her electrolytes off balance. Like you said... sadness IS a part of life too. BTW: Still miss my mom six years later for the same reason.

It was in 90's today with a breeze and felt like a cold front. Been hovering at a hundred. Ugh... In Arizona I heard it is 115 & 118.

Hugging prayers to you and all...
SEA

I have found that it is important to to be able to express oneself. In such as way that we can ask for what we want, reject what we don't, and say 'maybe' if we are not sure. It is also knowing that if something doesn't feel right, it most likely isn't! And if something feels good, its most likely good. Yet somehow we have a struggle with identifying the differences and acting in accordance with our logical mind. We know someting is bad for us, yet we continue. Why?

I also believe that being conscious of our own mortalities, brings us to a point of not thinking clearly. Our logical mind is taken over by fear, fear of our mortalities. It is more acycle of events, and not life and death. Part of the cycle. If the Bible is right, and I am not an avid reader of the bible, so I apologize if I offend anyone, but when adam and eve did not resist temptation, they became aware of their own mortalities and insecurities. Somehow, giving into craving has been a thing that brings disasterous results. Yet we do it. The knowledge of death weakens us.

My goal in life is to try to resist those things that bring satisfaction but also bring with it destruction. In buddism there is black for every white; good for bad; happy for sad...so maybe satisfaction and destruction are compatible in the flow of life..so does that mean we don't continue to give up the things that bring danger to our selves and others? Why is it easier to do the wrong things, and so difficult to do the right? Because right way takes thought, introspection, patience......initial discomfort ......great results!

The right way to help someone is coming from a place of love; never fear or anger. If we feel angry at someone, it is our job to figure out why. When we find out, we need to honor the lesson. If we get the lesson, the suffering eases. If we don't we remain in our suffering. To pull oneself out of suffering, one needs to learn compassion for those that are suffering, no room for anger or fear. Turn the enemy into our friends but know how to protect oneself in the process. :) Cheers!

August 20, 2009, 4:11 am CDT

SURPRISE...MY ANGEL WINGS BROUGHT ME HERE

Hope you're Enjoying your Summer. The Summer is flying by for me because of all the Home Projects that needed to get done. It is so rewarding to see that the end is almost near from my "Must Do" list and everything is looking brand new. I left you a message on Twitter thanking you for the Beautiful Bella Poem on the Poetic Blog. How are you feeling? How's the summer been for you. I have been working outside and its been in the High 80's and the low 90's and its so Humid. I see that you are talking on Twitter but you're still not following me so I can't tweet with you. Please say HI to the girls for me. Bella Angel (((HUGS)))

August 20, 2009, 2:05 pm CDT

Hi Bella Angel aka @dANGELofLOVE

Quote From: angel111999

Hope you're Enjoying your Summer. The Summer is flying by for me because of all the Home Projects that needed to get done. It is so rewarding to see that the end is almost near from my "Must Do" list and everything is looking brand new. I left you a message on Twitter thanking you for the Beautiful Bella Poem on the Poetic Blog. How are you feeling? How's the summer been for you. I have been working outside and its been in the High 80's and the low 90's and its so Humid. I see that you are talking on Twitter but you're still not following me so I can't tweet with you. Please say HI to the girls for me. Bella Angel (((HUGS)))
I think by accident I blocked you when deleting some x-rated followers and cannot undo because you CAN tweet people who aren't following you.

Twitter response was slow so i clicked again and zapped yours too WAY back when I first joined and no undo. So that's why you cannot tweet me directly yet I do see under my name SEAangels14 and answer now that I know to click to check for messages.

Any tweet with my name in it I can see clicking my name on Home Page. I have answered your tweets to me, hence poem I sent to you that I'm so thankful you like. It could be since you are following 467 people you just didn't see my tweet. I follow less than 50 and have trouble keeping up. I need a secretary to speak in my behalf too I think. LOLz

http://twitter.com/dANGELofLOVE

When you tell @americanmajesty to send me messages I get and I think she likes for you to and talk to her too as would the girls. I now know to click on SEAangels14 when on my Home page and find your messages and just checked and up to date and you got poem so... Anyway, it is all good and I think we're caught up and GREAT to see you here, too.

You can tweet the girls to say "Hi". Just go click on their pics on my or @americanmajesty's page or @aces40. Glad you liked the poem:

http://allpoetry.com/poem/5625029

You are sounding good and that makes me smile. Take care of yourself Bella Angel. Me too. We too.

Keep shining...

HUGs
SEA
xo

August 20, 2009, 2:15 pm CDT

Very good points.

Quote From: kimikomine

I have found that it is important to to be able to express oneself. In such as way that we can ask for what we want, reject what we don't, and say 'maybe' if we are not sure. It is also knowing that if something doesn't feel right, it most likely isn't! And if something feels good, its most likely good. Yet somehow we have a struggle with identifying the differences and acting in accordance with our logical mind. We know someting is bad for us, yet we continue. Why?

I also believe that being conscious of our own mortalities, brings us to a point of not thinking clearly. Our logical mind is taken over by fear, fear of our mortalities. It is more acycle of events, and not life and death. Part of the cycle. If the Bible is right, and I am not an avid reader of the bible, so I apologize if I offend anyone, but when adam and eve did not resist temptation, they became aware of their own mortalities and insecurities. Somehow, giving into craving has been a thing that brings disasterous results. Yet we do it. The knowledge of death weakens us.

My goal in life is to try to resist those things that bring satisfaction but also bring with it destruction. In buddism there is black for every white; good for bad; happy for sad...so maybe satisfaction and destruction are compatible in the flow of life..so does that mean we don't continue to give up the things that bring danger to our selves and others? Why is it easier to do the wrong things, and so difficult to do the right? Because right way takes thought, introspection, patience......initial discomfort ......great results!

The right way to help someone is coming from a place of love; never fear or anger. If we feel angry at someone, it is our job to figure out why. When we find out, we need to honor the lesson. If we get the lesson, the suffering eases. If we don't we remain in our suffering. To pull oneself out of suffering, one needs to learn compassion for those that are suffering, no room for anger or fear. Turn the enemy into our friends but know how to protect oneself in the process. :) Cheers!

Powerful last paragraph end that I'm glad I read and hope others read too. Good to remember if know and good to learn if don't know or, at least, ponder.

Hugging prayers to you and all.
SEA
xo

August 20, 2009, 5:52 pm CDT

Y'all go to New Dr. Phil Community Depression Board clicking link above

Or replace link in address bar with below link by copying and pasting link below and deleting link in address bar to replace with below link:

http://community.drphil.com/boards/?EntryID=498&SubCategoryID=21

DR. PHIL LEFT US A GREAT MESSAGE THERE. YAY! Go see y'all.

Hugging prayers,
SEA
xo

August 22, 2009, 1:04 pm CDT

BE SURE & HEAR DR. PHIL MESSAGE TO US ON "NEW" DR. PHIL COMMUNITY DEPRESSION MESSAGE BOARD.

http://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=13572

LIFT OFF:
JOIN THE FUN
Dr. Phil is flying around the world in cyber space on his new BLOG

http://blog.drphil.com/

and on TWITTER

http://twitter.com

Cyber flight plans straight from the heart.
TWITTER HANDLES
@DrPhil
@Robin_McGraw
@JayMcGraw
@EricaMcGraw
@JordanMcGraw
@penninca Dr. Phil Show Producer

TWITTERVERSE
by SEA winging it on a wing and a prayer
@SEAangels14
July 4, 2009

Wandering in Twitterland
I saw Dr. Phil Family and Carla
Speaking tweet and you can too friend

GOD PLEASE REPLY
Prayed by SEA

If ever you reach out in word
And feel like no one heard
To me each message that I see
Are like prayers rising up to Thee

After you left with all your tears
Combined with all your haunting fears
People stopped to read words you left
Sending prayers for you to be blessed

Parting prayers prayed to help you some
So you feel uplifted when here you come
And when no one knows what to say
Now and then know for you many pray

Thus if after you bare your soul
You feel no one heard... not one soul
I wanted you to know I stopped by
Said a prayer for you signed please reply

Prayed by:  SEA

UP OR DOWN

YOU are YOU
I am ME
WE are WE

August 23, 2009, 9:15 am CDT

TO ALL: SEE DR. PHIL'S MESSAGE TO US ON BOARD ON "NEW" DR. PHIL COMMUNITY

CLICK

NEW DR. PHIL COMMUNITY
(above top post)

IF feeling completely hopeless reach out to UR support group or counselor or 991 or http://helpguide.org or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)TY

Hugging prayers "across the boards" and behind the boards and to all y'all.
SEA
xo

August 23, 2009, 12:04 pm CDT

stuck

I'm very new to this site, don't know what catagory I really fit in.  I do know however, that I am very depressed and having difficulty in finding my way out.  I find myself trying to conect some how to get some sort of help.

I am trying to mentally and finacially survive.  Two years ago I was employed and taking care of my mother who has MS and is bedridden.  I don't know how I did it but I was very active and motivated.  I also suffer from bipolar diagnosed by my psychiatrist who had me on medication that worked very well for me and I was able to function.  But since I was layed off I no longer am able to afford it.  I worked as a Crime Victim Advocate, it was my career.  I found that I was very good at dealing with crisis situation.  I am also a volunteer firefigheter, but I have not been very involved in that in the last year.

My mother is the most wonderful person you could ever meet.  She has had MS for the majority of her life and is now in the progressive stage.  She never complains.  She worked until retirement so fortunately she has an income to have in home help.  All of her income goes to medical expenses and help and also gives me a small allowance since I take care of her every night.  She owns her home and we manage to keep up on bills.  Because of her income she is not eligible for any type of assistance.  Medication or very expensive.  I have cut back on weekend help.  I have very little time that I can call my own.  I have forgotten how or what it's like to sleep at least six hours straight in my own bed.  I am loosing my momentum.  Lately I feel like I could breakdown any minute.  It's a challenge just to get a day going.  I was going to use my time to at least go to school and learn a new career. but I don't even have the mental capacity or energy to get past the application stage. I would like to be able to work again to contribute finacially and plan my future.  Since all the finances go to my mother care the house has been falling apart but I'm afraid to do anything to fix things because it would be so expensive not to mention I wouldn't know where to begin.

I have some supportive friends but feel isolated.  Everyone will ask first how my mom  is doing then maybe ask how I'm doing. Don't get me wrong, I appriciate that they care.  They always comment on what a saint I am but I don't feel like it.  I reply that she has taken care of me most of my life, and I wouldn't change a thing.  I just get so scared of the unknown future I don't know how to press on like I use to.  I miss my old life but don't know if I could return to it.  I am lost and have no direction. I am so very, very tired. I don't know if anyone will even read this. I feel that am just venting.  I haven't been able to find anyone who is quite in this same situtation.   Is there anyone out there?

August 23, 2009, 2:54 pm CDT

Hello and Welcome

Quote From: disappearing

I'm very new to this site, don't know what catagory I really fit in.  I do know however, that I am very depressed and having difficulty in finding my way out.  I find myself trying to conect some how to get some sort of help.

I am trying to mentally and finacially survive.  Two years ago I was employed and taking care of my mother who has MS and is bedridden.  I don't know how I did it but I was very active and motivated.  I also suffer from bipolar diagnosed by my psychiatrist who had me on medication that worked very well for me and I was able to function.  But since I was layed off I no longer am able to afford it.  I worked as a Crime Victim Advocate, it was my career.  I found that I was very good at dealing with crisis situation.  I am also a volunteer firefigheter, but I have not been very involved in that in the last year.

My mother is the most wonderful person you could ever meet.  She has had MS for the majority of her life and is now in the progressive stage.  She never complains.  She worked until retirement so fortunately she has an income to have in home help.  All of her income goes to medical expenses and help and also gives me a small allowance since I take care of her every night.  She owns her home and we manage to keep up on bills.  Because of her income she is not eligible for any type of assistance.  Medication or very expensive.  I have cut back on weekend help.  I have very little time that I can call my own.  I have forgotten how or what it's like to sleep at least six hours straight in my own bed.  I am loosing my momentum.  Lately I feel like I could breakdown any minute.  It's a challenge just to get a day going.  I was going to use my time to at least go to school and learn a new career. but I don't even have the mental capacity or energy to get past the application stage. I would like to be able to work again to contribute finacially and plan my future.  Since all the finances go to my mother care the house has been falling apart but I'm afraid to do anything to fix things because it would be so expensive not to mention I wouldn't know where to begin.

I have some supportive friends but feel isolated.  Everyone will ask first how my mom  is doing then maybe ask how I'm doing. Don't get me wrong, I appriciate that they care.  They always comment on what a saint I am but I don't feel like it.  I reply that she has taken care of me most of my life, and I wouldn't change a thing.  I just get so scared of the unknown future I don't know how to press on like I use to.  I miss my old life but don't know if I could return to it.  I am lost and have no direction. I am so very, very tired. I don't know if anyone will even read this. I feel that am just venting.  I haven't been able to find anyone who is quite in this same situtation.   Is there anyone out there?

There's a NEW DR. PHIL COMMUNITY. There's a live link there above top post... then go to DEPRESSION BOARD there where you'll find a message from Dr. Phil.

As well, Dr. Phil is posting live on his blog and on twitter and asking for show ideas so you could suggest a show about caregivers if you want to on twitter. There's a live link to Dr. Phil at twitter at below link. Dr. Phil is reading replies on both yet personally replying most often on twitter.

http://blog.drphil.com/

Some still post here who post via cell phone etc. or just to stop by to say, "Hi" like I just did to you.

Found a link on avoiding caregiver burnout at helpguide.org Dr. Phil suggests:

http://www.helpguide.org/elder/caring_for_caregivers.htm

If you click

GENERAL AND MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES you will find a live link to helpguide.org.

It is important to keep healthy habits.

Scroll down at first link and begin reading at HOME CARE at link below:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003213.htm

Call your State Employment Office because often free training for displaced workers and trainee positions. As well, you can apply for some State jobs as per experience if pass exam for position. At least in Oklahoma you can.

My father was a disabled veteran I helped from the time I was 18, and losing when I was 38 was like losing my son (since even bought his clothes), my best friend and my dad. Never bed ridden though and I'd think that'd be very challenging.

All the best to you and I'm glad you joined us.

Hugging prayers,
SEA

August 23, 2009, 2:57 pm CDT

Y'all be sure and see the video Dr. Phil Left us on NEW DR. PHIL COMMUNITY DEPRESSION BOARD.

CLICK

NEW DR. PHIL COMMUNITY
(above top post)

IF feeling completely hopeless reach out to UR support group or counselor or 991 or http://helpguide.org or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)TY

Hugging prayers "across the boards" and behind the boards and to all y'all.
SEA
xo

GOD Bless You
Prayed by SEA

G oing about your day you might not have noticed
O ften I pray for you to have loving support
D id someone come out of nowhere to help you

B ecause I asked GOD to send you a personal hug
L oving comfort in smiles from people in your day
E ach and every step along your special way
S o next smile you see be sure to smile back
S ee God sent that smile from me especially for you