Message Boards

Topic : Depression

Number of Replies: 74771
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:53:17 pm
Author : dataimport

Please join us on the new Depression Support message board: Click Here

Click here for General and Mental Health Resources.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 7:44 am CDT

linda

Hello Cathy,

Something woke me up this a.m. For some reason I came to my computer. Saw the message about changing the name and password for the website. Then started reading it over. Don't get on my "liesure sites" too often. I was led to this lady and felt I should respond to her. Since I've never been on a message board, I don't have to adjust to this one's new look!! I deal a lot with women who are in need of a little encouragement and practical advice on everyday living. My late husband was a pastor and we did a tremendous amount of pastoral counseling. Still do, but only for women now. Met Dr. Phil at UCF last year. Told him I tell people I taught him every thing he knows. He was SO sweet. He replied, "Go ahead, they'll never know!!" He is a very gracious man indeed!! Thank you for the welcome. Hope you have a wonderful Saturday. Before I go, I should ask you (being a seasoned veteran), are there rules about these chat boards? Like, do people say where they live and things like that? Or is it all very anonymous? I tend to be a very open book and am just wondering if perhaps I shouldn't be. As I said, I've never been on a chat board anywhere!! Bye for now. L.

Hi and thanks for the post .You are right Dr. Phil rocks.Glad to have you on the boards.As far as info on the boards the moderator reads everything but they do advise not giving to much info .Other than what you put in your profile and here on the boards we do talk about our area where we live but i would only narrow it to a city if its big. If not,  just the country we all have user names but you will see some use their first name like me.but other than that its fair  game .Just use your best judgement and you will be fine.I wonder what happened to your post?LOL.Its definitely new these boards and it takes getting use to.if you have questions that your not sure on you can post directly to the moderator.He oe she is usually pretty good to respond back to you.If you are looking for any new messages to you ,we usually use the search message boards and you just punch your ID user in and it brings you to who replies to you like this one .It was like that before anyhow i never checked yet though.take care post again later .You have a good Saturday too. I seen where you mentioned you were drawn to a lady that you helped /Is there anything you need help with because here like i said its a great big family and we help anywhere we are asked .bye for now .cathy

July 23, 2005, 7:47 am CDT

A Word About Privacy...

Hello Cathy,

Something woke me up this a.m. For some reason I came to my computer. Saw the message about changing the name and password for the website. Then started reading it over. Don't get on my "liesure sites" too often. I was led to this lady and felt I should respond to her. Since I've never been on a message board, I don't have to adjust to this one's new look!! I deal a lot with women who are in need of a little encouragement and practical advice on everyday living. My late husband was a pastor and we did a tremendous amount of pastoral counseling. Still do, but only for women now. Met Dr. Phil at UCF last year. Told him I tell people I taught him every thing he knows. He was SO sweet. He replied, "Go ahead, they'll never know!!" He is a very gracious man indeed!! Thank you for the welcome. Hope you have a wonderful Saturday. Before I go, I should ask you (being a seasoned veteran), are there rules about these chat boards? Like, do people say where they live and things like that? Or is it all very anonymous? I tend to be a very open book and am just wondering if perhaps I shouldn't be. As I said, I've never been on a chat board anywhere!! Bye for now. L.

A Reminder...

Since this is a public forum, please do not post personal info such as full name, city and state, home address or telephone number in your message. For your safety, such info will be removed. Thanks!

July 23, 2005, 7:51 am CDT

Morning Missy!

Hi again, 29. I told my daughter Keelie about the heat that you have living in a desert area and she said "Why doesn't she move?" I thought that was kind of funny since you love it so much there. We had some extreme heat here too, but thank the Lord, the air is still working.

Keelie had been going to summer school, which she hates, and tomorrow we will be taking all of the kids to Niagra Falls. It really is quite a short trip from where we are, so a day trip would not be out of the question. How are your gorgeous grandkids doing? and how have you been feeling? Better I hope.

I have been up and down but definitely better than I was before the boards shut down. I went to the web site that Sea told me about. New Hope it was really nice to speak to a counselor there and have them pray for you. I wasn't sure if I was even going to get to talk with anyone, but eventually someone came on and it was very helpful. Taxes still not done, Job still not settled but everyone is healthy so I guess that is all I can ask for right now.

Many blessings Mar.

Out of the mouths of babes.  Tell Keelie the heat is what

keeps me here.  It's a DRY HEAT, so it's not as bad to

live in.  LOL!

Whatssup with those tax people?  Are they figgering um

out on those thar puters?   It's not the puter's fault, it's the

person who inputs the data, that's where the problem is.

{{{HUGZ}}} and Prayers to you and your family!

I remain, 4 Ever 29

P.S.  This message board is a doozy!  If it seems like I'm

ignoring you, I'm not.  Just can't figger out which post/message

goes where.  Are how to read the durn thing in order.  DUH! 

BBL - Gonna try 'n figger out how this board works

July 23, 2005, 7:53 am CDT

Good Morning Labelfree

Hope you all Have a wonderful weekend...

Were's Morelock? Where's Glenn? Hope he wised up and Bought Dr. Phil's book...

I hope PAM is good too..

To all the New Comers here welcome this is a GREAT site and YOU will get the help you seek. I know I surely did. You have to work it though. It has to start from you! If you want to know how I will tell you what worked for me...All you have to do is ask..

We are a tight knit group that on a daily basis really truly cares for one another here!

Godbless each of us I pray abundant blessings on all of us today and always. In JESUS name....AMEN

Hi Labelfree! How are you holding up. I am sure glad to hear that everything turned out okay for you. This is kind of messing me up a little too but I am so glad to be in this place again, and have a chance to talk with you Ali again. I guess all that praying might have helped?!?!!

I think I keep missing messages though really wish there were some sort of number system so that I can see what I have not seen! LOL Know what I mean?

Many Blessings Mar!

July 23, 2005, 8:13 am CDT

MrsSWBU -

Hello Cathy,

Hi there L,

I think that it would be great for all of us to have someone like you here with us. Being someone who deals with encouragement everyday you will be a great one to talk to when that day comes, and believe me they are always coming eventually. I have come here sometimes completely down in the dumps and felt so lifted up by the friends that I have made here.

To whom were you replying that first time? I wish I could maneuver this board better but I am sure I will get used to it soon. I took my daughter to see Dr Phil as well but unfortunately we were not able to speak with him. I did have hopes though because I had a thing or two that I wanted to talk with him about.

Now about those rules. I think one of the most important ones is kind of am unspoken one. We must care and nurture each other as much as we can. This is a place for support not hurting, and it is very important that we all remember that. I am pretty much an open book as well, so I don't think you have to be too guarded but that is just the way I am too. Unfortunately there are some people in the world who will take advantage but for the most part I believe we are as safe as puppies here! LOL!

Glad to see you here.

Many Blessings, Mar.

July 23, 2005, 8:16 am CDT

Depression

Good to see you too!

I tried to use 294ever, but I got a message I had to start

with a letter first. I see you had no problems using

numbers. Whatssup with that? It has to be a conspiracy against

us 29er's LOL!

Wishing you a Great Day!

I remain, 4 Ever 29

hey there i had no prob at all .i guess they missed me LOL. i had some trouble over on the oprah boards though and it wasn't my user either.I got kicked off i guess they are not quite as free as here although we aren't either i just find we have a more lovable MODERATOR LOL(Right moderator? i know you are reading this thats why i say this lol)anyhow its great to hear from you again to 4ever29.lots of luv cathy. ps .does your spell check work i have not got mine going yet i sat for quite awhile waiting but no luck yet.later cathy

July 23, 2005, 8:19 am CDT

mar

smarten up with that jumbling of words .LOL. just kidding glad to see you too.Hope they fix the glitch in the boards .later cathy

July 23, 2005, 8:42 am CDT

101160 - Hi Cathy! We'll Figure It Out Eventually.

smarten up with that jumbling of words .LOL. just kidding glad to see you too.Hope they fix the glitch in the boards .later cathy

As a matter of fact. I think that if I "think backwards", then I have it! LOL! That's how my special brain works anyway!

Hugs Mar

July 23, 2005, 8:52 am CDT

Hi Beacsmiles & Scarlet

I am not sure if you are here yet or not. I saw that you had some posts so I am assuming that you both are.

Well...we made it! Here we are!

That's all I wanted to say.

God Bless ya girls!

July 23, 2005, 8:57 am CDT

Hi Mernziepoo

Hi Beauty!

I found you. You were lost but I kept looking. Or was I lost?

I have missed you all so much! It is so good to be back.

How are you doing?

Love hugs and Blessings,

Karen.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last