Message Boards

Topic : How Plastic Surgery Has Changed My Life

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:57:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Has plastic surgery changed your life for the better, made it worse, or not changed it at all? Share your stories here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 25, 2006, 4:16 pm CDT

How Plastic Surgery Has Changed My Life

Quote From: frankerton

that's good because lies can really, really cause a lot of hurt and pain in your immediate social commmunity of friendship networks. We all need to be honest, all the time, it is as Thommas Immanuel Jefferson said, "Once more unto the truth dear friends! For better it be to tell truth always and to all, and ne'er sin against the immaculate homunculus of truth. For if even a murderer should ask you the way, 'tis better to direct Him onwards than he should starve. Honesty is the highest of all concieveable virtures and the sooner this is recognised the better. My wife had an eyebrow tuck.
Dont I know it. I know that I'm still lying to people as to why I needed the first one and now about why I need the second (the reduction), but at least its not nearly as much as pre-op.  And just as a sidebar to the people yelling at everyone for having had surgery, can you all just stop? Not everyone believes in god and those that do dont want to listen to your ranting Im sure. Besides, why are you complaining about something that isnt affecting you? If you don't think its right, then don't do it and have a nice day.

October 27, 2006, 9:04 pm CDT

was my gun loaded?

Quote From: crusadercc

GETTING /HAVING BREAST IMPLANTS IS JUST LIKE PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH YOUR PRECIOUS;PRICELESS HEALTH/LIFE. 

THEY ARE TOXIC TICKING TIME BOMBS INSIDE YOU. 

NO BREAST IMPLANT IS SAFE;ALL BREAST IMPLANTS ARE FULL OF SILICONE AND NEARLY 40; OTHER  KNOWN TOXIC CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES;THAT LEAK ,RUPTURE,BLEED;"BREATHE" 

THIS DEADLY COCKTAIL INTO YOUR BODY;IMMUNE SYSTEM OFTEN CAUSING 

SILICONE POISONING;SILICONE ASSOCIATED DISEASES. 

WHY JUST ASK ME;OR THE LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF WOMEN LIKE ME 

DEATHLY ILL FROM THESE DEADLY DEVICES. 

WE ARE PROOF OF THE UGLY TRUTH! 

YOU MOST LIKELY  WILL NOT SEE WOMEN LIKE US ON T.V 

BUT YOU SEE THESE SO CALLED GOOD DOCTORS HOOKING YOUNG GIRLS AND WOMEN UP WITH THESE UNSAFE TOXIC TICKING TIME BOMBS;ALSO KNOWN AS BREAST IMPLANTS; 

ENDAGERING THES YOUNG GIRLS AND WOMENS PRECIOUS;PRICELESS HEALTH/LIVES; 

LIKE LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF VICTIMS AREN'T ENOUGH?HOW MANY YOUNG GIRLS/WOMENS PRECIOUS;PRICELESS HEALTH/LIVES HAVE TO BE DESTROYED? 

AFTER THEY ARE ALL TRILLIONAIRES.? 

WELL SAD BUT TRUE 

THE CONTROLLED MEDIA PROMOTES THIS SURGERY THAT HAS AND CONTINUES DO DESTROY SO MANY WOMENS HEALTH AND LIVES;EVEN THEIR CHILDRENS! 

THE SAD TRUTH ITS ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

DOCTORS TAKE AN OATH " TO FIRST DO NO HARM"; 

THESE DOCTORS ARE DOING TREMENDOUS HARM;TO PUT IT MILDLY, 

BY NOT HAVING WOMEN LIKE ME ON;AFTERALL IT WOULDN'T SELL MANY 

BREAST IMPLANTS,NOW WOULD IT. 

THESE SO CALLED DOCTORS WILL ANSWER HIGHLY TO GOD; 

I THANK GOD THE WICKED WILL NOT GO UNPUNISHED! 

DR. PHIL WHY WON'T YOU LET WOMEN LIKE ME ON? 

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE; 

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF;LOSING ! 

hmmmmmmm................................................................................................................................... 

in truth and love cindy; 

afterall life is all about love; 

not money 

Good eveing Cindy My name is Shannon I have had implants for eight years and with in the past two years have went for 100% of an energetic mom to one thats always sick,in pain, and chronically tired and drained. Hel[p me look into the implant option I need to get better I have a ^ y/o to love. Hopeless but not Faithless I pray for your and those three girls:) have a blessed night

November 4, 2006, 2:32 pm CST

done yelling yet?

I just want to comment on how so many people are basically yelling at everyone for having some form of cosmetic surgery done. Why are you yelling a them? It has no affect on your life unless you know the person. Wanda Sykes said something great about this. Granted it was about gay marriage, but it works here too. She said "If you dont belive gay marriege is right, then dont marry someone that is same sex as you." Here, it could be that if you dont agree with it, the dont have it done.  And anyone having breast implants for example knows that any surgery, even just having you tonsils out is dangerous. We get it. My surgeon explained to me that implants are usually safe because the body forms scar tissue around it and that if it were to break, the tissue would contain most of it, so only a little bit would escape by the time they went to either have it replaced or removed. Most of the poisoning stories didn't happen to every single person like people here seem to be trying to sell. If it did, then why are they still available?  Besides, if the person did want to be sure they were taking the safer route, there's always saline (salt water). Before you start yelling at people about silicone poisoning etc, why not say, oh wait, maybe they have saline. I personally have silicone, but I wouldn't trade having had my surgery for the world. Can people please just stop yelling at everyone and posting page long stats and going on about 'god' and all that. Even if I believed a god did exist, it would have no say in what I did with my life. I'm sure that many people are tired of being screamed at over the computer by people that don't affect their lives in the slightest bit. I know I am.

November 9, 2006, 7:21 am CST

Breast reduction

Hello,

Most certainly plastic surgery changed my life! I had a breast reduction when I was 16 years old - two years too early according to 'the people who know about it' (i.e. the "professionals"). The surgeon had a look and a nice chat with me and concluded that despite my only being 16 he would do it. The greatest trouble was convincing the insurance company.. :-S But just do not get me started about that. ;-) Anyway, the surgery changed me incredibly, for the better by the way! Despite for the physical problems the oversized breasts gave me, I only found out after the surgery that they had had quite a mental impact on me as well. I was so more confident afterwards! I used to prefer to hide from the world: I would hardly speak a word at all, viewed other people as enemies out there to harm me, did not dare to stand up for myself, etc. After those silly things were reduced in size I became a different person. I am confident, walk with my head up in the air, see people as potential friends rather than enemies, and am just soo incredibly happy I did it. I love my boobs. ;-) They're the prettiest part of my body! Truely! :-)

Anyway, the point I hope to make is if you are really convinced you want to have plastical surgery, and you want to do it for YOURSELF(!!!), do it! :-) What scares me at the moment is all these people who have all kinds of surgeries, not so much because they want bigger boobs (or a different behind/nose/face/etc.), but because they feel they have to live up to a certain fashion model, or because they are forced by others.

I wished to share my story and to encourage people who really want to change their bodies, because they want to!!!

If anyone is thinking about a breast reduction, I am willing to tell you more about my experience if you wish me to. :-)

Regards,

Hoppe  

December 9, 2006, 9:44 am CST

Just want to share some amazing news about a Cosmetic Surgery Charity

Well firstly I don´t want you to think this is  Spam, it  has a very important message and I just feel it is important to share with you my story - I wanted plastic surgery (breasts and tummy tuck) and I didn´t have enough money to spend in the US, so like many others I looked to go abroad.  I had the most terrible experience and I almost died.

I was effectively rescued by a Cosmetic Surgery Foundation who exist to help people like me who have been given bad advice or who end up being taken advantage of. They help people find the right surgeon and they helped me so much.  My mum just had a full SMAS facelift with the surgeon they recommended and she looks so amazing.

I think these people are the unsung heroes of the industry basically, their website is

www.aestheticargentina.org

They don´t ask for any money, they work tirelessly as volunteers - the did save me a fortune on the surgeries I had afterward to fixed the bad ones - with the money I saved I gave like $100 to their charity, which was not much compared to what I saved - they are just super knowledgable and superkind - I recommend you go to them first for independent advice if you are thinking of going abroad for a surgery like I did and now my mum has done.

Thanks so much
Nattie Armstrong

I

January 26, 2007, 11:08 am CST

As long as you know the risks...

Of course, there are some people for whom plastic surgery is medically necessary. No problem with that at all. However, the vast majority of Americans have plastic surgery for personal reasons. I always find it appalling that, as a country, we spend hundreds of millions of dollars on cosmetic surgery while children go hungry for lack of funds. If we spent half our money on the things that really matter to us as a society, so much could be done.

February 9, 2007, 5:28 am CST

HI.. wanting someone to tell me how there breast implants are working for them.

Hi. I am thinking about having my breasts lifted them getting saline implants. Has anyone in here had this done yet? And could you tell me if you found it benificial to you? I am only 36 but had to have an emergency hystorectomy a year ago and since then I went from a DD to a B cup. I am not happy with how my breast look now. My husband says they are fine and he would not change a thing but I hate  looking at myself in the mirror now! I feel like I not only lost a huge part of what makes me a woman but now my breasts have gone too.

Anyone out there that knows how I feel and have made a choice to implant please give me your advice.

Waiting patiently...Ohdang13

February 10, 2007, 3:11 pm CST

Some one who can correct bad plastic surgery???

Quote From: nattyarmstrong

Well firstly I don´t want you to think this is  Spam, it  has a very important message and I just feel it is important to share with you my story - I wanted plastic surgery (breasts and tummy tuck) and I didn´t have enough money to spend in the US, so like many others I looked to go abroad.  I had the most terrible experience and I almost died.

I was effectively rescued by a Cosmetic Surgery Foundation who exist to help people like me who have been given bad advice or who end up being taken advantage of. They help people find the right surgeon and they helped me so much.  My mum just had a full SMAS facelift with the surgeon they recommended and she looks so amazing.

I think these people are the unsung heroes of the industry basically, their website is

They don´t ask for any money, they work tirelessly as volunteers - the did save me a fortune on the surgeries I had afterward to fixed the bad ones - with the money I saved I gave like $100 to their charity, which was not much compared to what I saved - they are just super knowledgable and superkind - I recommend you go to them first for independent advice if you are thinking of going abroad for a surgery like I did and now my mum has done.

Thanks so much
Nattie Armstrong

I

I was 375 lbs with an aching back and my doctors told me to get a breaast reduction and I did. It was horrid, deforming and destroyed what little self esteem I had left. I went a second time to have some of the deformity repaired but still had some gross scarring and deformity left, jsut hid it under clothing. My husband said I looked as though someone should put me out of my misery. After my divorce, I lost 130 lbs  over a 2 yr framework and had a kangaroo pouch. I watched Dr.Phil 3 yrs ago and saw a woman who had the abdominoplasty proceedure with great effect. I found a doctor who would accept my ins and he also agreed to fix my deformed breast at the same time.I was about 305 lbs at the time and grateful.

The surgery was not a success .He managed to hide the front deformity of my right breast leaving a deformity on my upper back resembling a 3rd breast, negating any future beach wear. The drains in my abdomen needed cleaning for weeks and one of the cleaning sticks broke and entered my abdomen never to be seen again.The doctor tried to remove it but pushed it further in and told me to wait 6 mos and he would then locate it. After t he 6 mos he reentered my abdomen and found a huge abcess removed it and closed me up but the stick was not there so it is still inside me.. I didnt want to sue the doctor since  he accepts the equivilent of medicaid in my state and I didnt want to make life harder for others as there are few doctors in our area that care. This doctor cared but was incompetent.

I continued losing weight and he said that when I lose about 50 lbs he can redo the abdominplasty and give me a waistline. I went down to 245 but havent been back to him. I am afraid since he added to my deformities. After being hit by a car, I regained 30 lbs and now stand at about 270-274 but dont know what to do as I feel so ungly under my clothes I havent dated in years and have been afraid of getting intimate at all . I would like to simply look normal, even if I am still overweight...

Can anyone contact these people you speak of? Are they abroad or in the USA ? Would I need a passport and have to go away? I would appreciate any info. I am now almost 53 and feel if I dont get it together this year I am a gonner....

February 10, 2007, 3:21 pm CST

How Plastic Surgery Has Changed My Life

Quote From: ohdang13

Hi. I am thinking about having my breasts lifted them getting saline implants. Has anyone in here had this done yet? And could you tell me if you found it benificial to you? I am only 36 but had to have an emergency hystorectomy a year ago and since then I went from a DD to a B cup. I am not happy with how my breast look now. My husband says they are fine and he would not change a thing but I hate  looking at myself in the mirror now! I feel like I not only lost a huge part of what makes me a woman but now my breasts have gone too.

Anyone out there that knows how I feel and have made a choice to implant please give me your advice.

Waiting patiently...Ohdang13

I was a DDD and had breast reduction 3 x and am still a DD but more like a sumo wrestler as the surgeons I had didnt contour properly and left me wishing I never let anyone operate on my breasts. You cant imagine the disappointment after the fact and then it is too late to change it.If your B cup is normal in symmetry, you are lucky! I thought being a 3D was ok at least symetrically but had the operation to help with back pain which it didnt, so a double insult. My husband hated my breasts after surgery and we ultimately divorced. If your husband likes you, that is a blessing!!! If you think you dont feel like a woman now, imagine being deformed??? Many of those tv implants dont work right and the scars may be under the clothes but you have to get a bath sometimes and believe me the agony of the mirrors reflection leaves much regret.

Should you decide on implants anyway, be very careful of the doctor you choose. Mine said  he was going to make me look beautiful... but what he did was very ugly...

February 13, 2007, 12:17 pm CST

Surgery abroad vs US

Quote From: nattyarmstrong

Thanks so much
Nattie Armstrong

I

Hi Natty~

I contacted AethesticArgentina about seeking help. They say they only help in South America, but that they  turn no one away..

So I wondered ,if I were to buy a plane ticket, go there and say stay , say a month, is that how I could obtain help?

Secondly,  if they do work on outpatient basis, does that mean I would need to rent a room for a month, somewhere to recover or fly home to recover?  that sounds a bit risky!

How did you do it?  Did you go alone or have a travel companion? How safe is it down in Buenos Aires? Is this legite? You say you and your mum had surgery there.

You mentioned that terrible experience  elsewhere and almost dying.. that would certainly be my top concern. 

I have had some surgeries gone bad here in the US and no one to fix what was done so this avenue is interesting to me but I am skeptical.

Can you elaborate on your experience? Thanks~

First | Prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last