Message Boards

Topic : How Plastic Surgery Has Changed My Life

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:57:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Has plastic surgery changed your life for the better, made it worse, or not changed it at all? Share your stories here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 17, 2006, 10:35 am CDT

You Go Cindy and Crusading Crew

Quote From:

YOU HAVE AND CONTINUE TO MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE FOR THE BETTER  

IN THE LIVES OF SO MANY . 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED LOVE AND SUPPORT , 

AND FOR WELCOMING ME ABOARD . 

YOU GO GIRLS ! 

LOVE YA 

May 21, 2006, 3:08 am CDT

JUST SAY NO TO BREAST IMPLANTS ! NO BREAST IMPLANT IS SAFE !

NO BREAST IMPLANT IS SAFE! 

IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU,TOO! 

PLEASE HELP PUT A STOP TO THIS SILICONE SADNESS AND MADNESS!
END THE INSANITY OVER VANITY! 

THE FOLLOWING IS A MESSAGE IN TRUTH AND LOVE
;A LOVE LETTER,YOU/SOMEONE YOU KNOW NEEDS TO
READ;HEAR.AS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HEALTH/LIFE !
ON AND BEHALF OF ONE WOMEN,HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF WOMEN DEATHLY ILL AND COUNTING.
ON AND BEHALF OF EVERY YOUNG GIRL AND WOMAN
AND CHILDREN AND FAMILIES,
A MESSAGE IN LOVE TO YOU,AND THOSE YOU KNOW. 

AS THIS SADLY CONTINUES TO BE "A SILENT EPIDEMIC"
WE KNOW CLEARLY MORE AWARENESS NEEDS TO BE MADE
AND THAT IS WHY WOMEN JUST LIKE THIS WOMAN
WHO BLINDLY MADE THE WRONG CHOICE,NOW
MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE TO USE THEIR VOICE
BECAUSE "WHAT HAPPENED TO US,COULD JUST AS EASILY
HAPPEN TO YOU!"
JUST AS IT CONTINUES TO EVERY SINGLE DAY! 

I AM A SINGLE MOMMY OF 3 BEAUTIFUL GIRLS,
WHO FEAR THEIR MOMMY WILL DIE,AS THEY SEE AND KNOW HOW DEATHLY-ILL THEIR MOMMY IS!
I USED TO HAVE A BUSINESS IN HOME HEALTH CARE;
NOW I AM THE PATIENT;DEATHLY ILL;
YES,I AM DEATHLY ILL,I WILL PROBABLY SOON DIE;
AND THERE IS NO CURE!
AS I AM BEDRIDDEN,I CONTINUE TO HELP,LOVE,AND SERVE YOUNG GIRLS,WOMEN,AND FAMILIES,IN A WHOLE NEW WAY,
VIA THE INTERNET MOSTLY;EVERY SINGLE DAY I HELP,LOVE,SERVE OTHERS,WHO HAD,HAVE,OR ARE ACTUALLY CONSIDERING GETTING BREAST IMPLANTS!
IN CONSTANT PAIN AND AGONY,WHEN I CAN SPEAK,AND FROM LETTERS OF LOVE I WROTE WHEN I COULD WRITE,
I HELP,LOVE,SERVE OTHERS FROM MY BED! 

FROM ONE OF MANY WOMEN DEATHLY ILL FROM
 HER 21ST BIRTHDAY GIFT= BREAST IMPLANTS!
MY GIFT OF HEALTH AND LIFE TO YOU/YOURS
THE GIFT OF TRUTH THAT CAN/WILL SAVE HEALTH/LIVES
IF YOU LISTEN CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW IT!
JUST SAY NO TO BREAST IMPLANTS!
NO BREAST IMPLANT IS SAFE! 

CHANCES ARE YOU AND OR SOMEONE(S) YOU KNOW
HAVE,HAD,OR ARE ACTUALLY CONSIDERING;THINKING ABOUT GETTING BREAST IMPLANTS!
YOU NEED TO KNOW THE TRUTH,
IT CAN AND WILL SAVE YOU,LOVED ONE,AND OTHER LOVED ONES,YOUR LOVED ONES PRECIOUS;PRICELESS HEALTH AND LIVES!
THE TRUTH IS THERE IS NO SAFE BREAST IMPLANT!
GETTING OR HAVING BREAST IMPLANTS IS JUST LIKE
PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH YOUR PRECIOUS;PRICELESS HEALTH AND LIFE!
TRUST US,THE ODDS ARE NOT IN YOUR FAVOR,
SO THE QUESTION IS HOW LUCKY DO YOU FEEL?
THEY ARE NOTHING LESS THAN TOXIC TICKING TIMEBOMBS!
ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT,YOUR HEALTH AND LIFE
IS PRECIOUS AND PRICELESS!
GOD KNOWS YOU DON'T HAVE A DEATH WISH! 

NOW REALLY ,WHO ARE YOU GOING TO BELIEVE?
HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF WOMEN LIKE ME,AND COUNTING,WHO HAVE LOST EVERYTHING;THEIR PRECIOUS;PRICELESS HEALTH/LIFE OR THOSE LYING HEATHEN EVIL-DOERS THAT HAVE EVERYTHING TO LOSE
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
AT THE CONTINUED EXPENSE OF WOMEN AND CHILDRENS
PRECIOUS;PRICELESS HEALTH AND LIVES!
THEY LIED AND EXPERIMENTED ON 2 MILLION AND COUNTING WOMEN,THEY ARE STILL DOING THIS TODAY!
WE ARE PROOF OF THE UGLY TRUTH,NO BREAST IMPLANT IS SAFE! THERE IS ALSO SCIENTIFIC/MEDICAL PROOF
OF THE TRUTH TO BOOT! 

REALLY IT'S EVERYWHERE,YET SO HARD TO FIND. IT IS
ALL OVER THE PLACE ,BUT YOU WON'T FIND IT;THE TRUTH AT THOSE "CONTROLLED" PRO-IMPLANT;ANTI-HEALTH/LIFE WEBSITES,AFTERALL THEY WOULD LOSE WHAT'S PRECIOUS;PRICELESS TO THEM MONEY,DIRTY MONEY!MORE PAID LIARS THAT HAVE BEEN AND NEED TO CONTINUE TO BE EXPOSED; 

ALL OF THESE PEOPLE KNOW BREAST IMPLANTS ARE INFACT TOXIC TICKING TIMEBOMBS!FOR EXAMPLE; THE MANUFACTURERS OF THESE WELL-KNOWN-PROVEN HEALTH HAZZARDOUS LIFE-THREATENING,THAT THEY DARE CALL MEDICAL DEVICES,CLEVERLY CALL BREAST IMPLANTS;EVEN THERE OWN RECORDS,LONG AGO AND EVEN TODAY,YES ,NOW,EVEN PROVE THE UGLY TRUTH!
MORE PAID LIARS.NOW SURELY YOU'VE HEARD OF ;YOU KNOW THE FDA;THEIR BOOKLETS;BREAST HAND BOOK ETC..LIES;THEY LIE;THE AGENCY WHOSE VERY JOB IS TO PROTECT THE PUBLICS HEALTH AND SAFETY CONTINUES TO DO THE CONTRARY;CERTIFIED SEAL OF APPROVAL,IF YOU WILL TO POISON THE PUBLICS HEALTH AND SAFETY,THESE PLASTIC SURGEONS SO CALLED DOCTORS,MORE LIKE BUTCHERS,WE'D SAY,
AFTERALL THEY TAKE AN OATH TO FIRST DO NO HARM AND THEY ARE DOING JUST THAT!HARMING YOUR VERY HEALTH/LIFE! THEN THERES THOSE OTHER PAID LIARS BOGUS STUDIES;CONTINUE AND NEED MORE TO BE EXPOSED!THE MEDIA IS CONTROLLED TOO!OH,AND ALL THOSE PROMOTING THIS ON TV AND EVEVERY WHERE!
THE PROOF OF THE TRUTH IS EVERYWHERE! 

BUT YET SO DIFFICULT,FOR YOU TO FIND,ONLY BECAUSE YOU'RE LOOKING IN THE WROMG PLACES,
AND THE ABOVE EXPLAINS WHY SADLY THIS CONTINUES TO BE "A SILENT EPIDEMIC"'CLEARLY MORE AWARENESS
NEEDS TO BE MADE! WOMEN LIKE ME,REFUSE TO LIVE OR DIE ALL IN VAIN;ALL FOR NOTHING,WE LOVE YOU THAT'S WHY WE ARE TELLING YOU THE TRUTH!
WE SURE THE HECK WISH SOMEBODY WOULD OF TOLD US THE UGLY TRUTH,TRUST US,WE WOULD HAVE LISTENED!
AND WE WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION RIGHT
NOW! BUT YOU,YOU DO ,RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE SOMEONE TELLING YOU THE TRUTH! SEE NO MATTER WHAT YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS CONVERSATION,WE ONLY HOPE AND PRAY IT'S ON A HEALTHY NOTE,WE WOULD HATE TO HAVE TO SAY,"I TOLD YOU SO"! 

WOMEN LIKE ME ARE THE UGLY PROOF OF THE TRUTH!
THE TRUTH IS NO BREAST IMPLANTS ARE SAFE!NONE!
THERE ARE AS I SAID LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF WOMEN AND COUNTING DEATHLY ILL,
ALL BECAUSE OF BREAST IMPLANTS! WOMEN HAVE DIED,WOMEN ARE DYING,CHILDREN ARE DEATHLY ILL,
MANY WOMEN LIKE ME ARE SO DEATHLY ILL,HAVE CHILDREN ILL,HAVE MISCARRIED BABIES,AND NEED I SAY MORE? PUT IT THIS WAY;
"WHO THE HECK CARES HOW YOU LOOK WHEN YOU FEEL 500 YEARS OLD?"  

ARE YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW ACTUALLY THINKING OF GETTING BREAST IMPLANTS IN YOUR PRECIOUS;PRICELESS HEALTHY BODY?
DO YOU HAVE BREAST IMPLANTS NOW,IN YOUR PRECIOUS;PRICELESS BODY? 

CHECK OUT SOME OF THESE WEBSITES
AND LINKS
THAT TELL AND SHOW THE WHOLE TRUTH! 

SILICONE HOLOCAUST 

BREAST IMPLANTS TRUTH OR DARE?
THE TRUTH ABOUT SALINE,SILICONE,PLASTIC SURGEONS 

BREAST IMPLANTS THE HIDDEN PARTS 

DR. HENRY JENNY'S SILLY-CONES COMMENTS 

EXPLANTATION.COM 

SYNTHETIC SCIENCE 

NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE SPELLS OUT RISKS
OF BREAST IMPLANTS 

TOXIC REVELATIONS 

CONNIE CHUNG TRANSCRIPT BREAST IMPLANT 

"It's only salt water," says the surgeon flapping the translucent rubbery disk."If it bursts, it gets absorbed into your blood. The only problem is capsular contracture and I've seen that only once and she was someone else's patient." 

The tired-looking woman in her thirties asks doubtfully if there are any other serious issues. "No," he says, breezily, "all you have to think about is how you want to look. I'll take care of the rest." 

REMEMBER
THESE SO CALLED DOCTORS THAT TAKE AN OATH TO "FIRST DO NO HARM" DO JUST THAT HARM YOU,TO SAY THE LEAST! YES,INDEED,THEY LIE TO YOU AND EXPERIMENT ON YOU! THEY KNOW FULL-WELL ,WHAT THEY CLEVERLY CALL BREAST IMPLANTS,ARE ACTUALLY
NOTHING LESS THAN TOXIC TICKING TIMEBOMBS!
THEY ALL LEAK,RUPTURE,BLEED,BREATHE NEARLY 40 TOXIC CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES INTO YOUR PRECIOUS;PRICELESS BODY;IMMUNE SYSTEM,YOU KNOW THE SYSTEM DESIGNED TO PROTECT YOU;BUT WHEN THESE
MIND YOU,NEVER MEANT FOR HUMAN CONSUPTION,TOXIC CHEMICALS SOPU;SEEP INTO IT,YOUR PRCIOUS;PRICELESS IMMUNE SYSTEM TURNS ON ITSELF;YOU;ATTACKING ITSELF;YOU! 

A week before surgery and with the non-refundable down payment already made, a thirty-page consent form filled with technical jargon is handed to her to sign. There is no time to study it in great detail, no explanations given, no videotapes shown of the procedures. "That's just for the lawyers," says the surgeon as she hesitates. "Look, anything can be fatal," he adds. "There are more chances of your driving round the corner and being killed." She signs. 

Missing from this conversation, a paraphrase of the experience of one of about 300,000 women who undergo breast augmentation every year in America, was any reference to the findings of the most recent and extensive studies of implants that show that not only silicone but saline implants, widely regarded as safe, are health hazards. 

Early this February, after an advisory panel recommended that the ban be reinvestigated, the FDA upheld the ban on silicone implants saying that more research was necessary to prove their safety. The original ban went into effect in 1991 following a public storm over implants fuelled partly by a 1990 CNN Face To Face with Connie Chung that showed leaking silicone gel poisoning the immune system, causing crippling arthritis, skin lesions, and horrific disfigurements. The dangers of saline, which are less documented but equally worrisome, include bacterial contamination and hardening and deflation, leading to more surgery. 

After the 1991 ban against silicone, 400,000 women pressed damages against manufacturer Dow Corning in a class action suit so extensive that Dow finally agreed to settle for over $4 billon. Aware that its long-term viability was in question, the company launched one of the most effective PR campaigns in history steered by DC-based Burson-Marsteller, the world's largest PR firm and the folks responsible for making over both the tobacco industry and Union Carbide. 

How effective this campaign was can be deduced from the fact that within a few years the evidence against implants was being regarded as the epitome of "junk science." In an interview in February, 1996 with Frontline, Marcie Angell, editor of the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine and author of a 1996 book called "Science on Trial: The Clash of Medical Evidence and the Law in the Breast Implant Case," claimed that a number of studies proved that there was no scientific link between implants and cancer or autoimmune disease. The implication was that hysterical women instigated by lawyers salivating for multi-million dollar fees were storming the Olympian citadels of medicine with junk claims. 

However, the research Angell cited to support her contention was actually a better candidate for the term "junk" than what she attacked. It was also more insidious because it carried the imprimatur of prestigious institutions like Harvard and Mayo. What casual readers could not know was that the 1994 Harvard study, like the others she cited, was damningly flawed in several ways: 

The sample size of 1,183 women was too small to study such rare diseases, included women with very recent implants (even one month), did not include women with ruptured implants, and followed the women for 9.9 years on average. Since most serious diseases that could be caused by silicone exposure would most likely develop several years after a rupture (and ruptures tend to happen after 7-12 years), the study was almost set up for diseases not to show up. 

Astoundingly, none of the women was actually examined in person. The findings were all based on questionnaires and records. 

Only classic autoimmune disease symptoms were evaluated whereas silicone poisoning, a new disease, manifests atypical ones. 

Finally, two of the authors admitted under threat of perjury that they were paid consultants of implant manufacturers and one admitted under oath that he knew that Dow Corning had donated $7 million to Brigham & Women's Hospital, a participant in the study. 

Nor was this the only time the saintly NEJM had been surprised in bed with corporations. In 1996, the Journal ran an editorial claiming the benefits of diet drugs outweighed the risks without informing readers that the authors were paid consultants for companies that made or marketed one of those drugs, Redux, banned by the FDA in 1997. In November, 1997 it let the medical director of W.R. Grace and Co., a known chemical industry polluter, write a review panning a book linking environmental chemicals to higher rates of cancer. And the Journal itself concluded in a 1998 study that authors with ties to corporations invariably acted as shills. 

The implant studies follow this pattern: The two Mayo clinic studies were partially funded by the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon and indirectly by manufacturers, and other studies by Emory University and Michigan were funded directly by Dow. In fact, Dow's general counsel bluntly stated that no studies were conducted without considering their impact on the implant litigation. Even so, the authors of these studies themselves conceded that the absence of proof of a link was not to be taken as the proof of absence of a link. But that was drowned in the PR sound and fury. 

Playing into the academic need for publications and conferences, Burson-Marsteller used ghost writers to co-author articles for journals, paid well-known professors to present evidence at meetings subject to none of the peer review standards of academic conferences, and was able to get questionable "positive" evidence front-page attention while negative results were buried inside the papers. When a larger study by Dow showed a 45-59 percent increased risk of rheumatoid arthritis, it was abandoned midstream and never publicized. Also undisclosed were memos that showed that Dow Chemical, the creators of Agent Orange and napalm, had known since the 1940's that liquid silicone could migrate to the brain, lungs, and liver, and damage the nerves and immune system. Since its subsidiary had been marketing the gel implants as safe for twenty years, this cover-up by the parent company resulted in punitive damages of $14.2 million for the company's role in the poisoning that resulted in brain lesions and permanent disability for plaintiff Charlotte Mahlum in 1995. 

In 2001, when the National Cancer Institute presented its study of 13,500 women who had implants for at least 8 years, the most thorough to date, it was subjected to a media nip-and-tuck operation. Excerpts were speciously highlighted to create the illusion of a vindication of implants though the actual findings were quite disturbing. True, implants were not linked with most cancers, BUT BOTH SALINE AND SILICONE (REMEMBER ALL BREAST IMPLANTS HAVE SILICONE AND NEARLY 40 OTHER KNOWN TOXIC CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES! REMEMBER NO BREAST IMPLANT IS SAFE! saline and silicone were associated with 2-3 times higher rates of brain cancer, 3 times higher rates of lung cancer, and 4-5 times higher rates of suicide. Another NCI study found a 21% overall increased risk of cancer for women with implants adding cervical cancer, leukemia, stomach, and vulvar cancer to the other risks which include higher incidence of fibromyalgia. 

While these studies did not establish a causal link, always an extremely difficult proposition, they are surely alarming enough to warrant a hold on all implant sales. In professional journals such as The Journal of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, The American Journal of Clinical Pathology, The Journal of the American Medical Association, Arthritis & Rheumatism, and The Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, physicians have voiced their strong concerns. 

Yet in the public arena, exactly the opposite view has been prevailing thanks to Dow's stunning success in deploying "astro-turf" lobbying by groups like Y-Me, which in the past have received donations by Dow and Bristol Myers Squibb, and the reassuring "Nicole" pro-implant website that popped up ubiquitously when women tried to research implants and also funded partially by plastic surgeons. Like the surgeons' websites -- which rarely present any sharply negative images and portrayed the whole operation in slick, glossy pictures -- it was little more than an advertisement to lure unwary consumers. 

Although they are required to, few doctors show patients the FDA site that presents photos of the serious disfigurements possible. Meanwhile, scholars like Michael Fumento of the conservative Hudson Institute, which receives agribusiness funding, likened the anti-implant evidence to snake oil and dismissed capsular contraction as a "minor problem" though contracture, a serious problem in 20% of cases, can even in milder forms make the breast hard as a football. In extreme cases, pain is so severe as to demand immediate surgery. 

Like Fumento, Citizens Against Law Suit Abuse, another corporate citizen group (funded by big tobacco, health insurance companies, and Dow) and Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (also Dow funded) beat their synthetic breasts over the scourge of frivolous suits based on fraudulent science but the truth is product liability and medical malpractice cases amounted to only 2% and 4.4% of civil cases in 1996; the bulk of frivolous suits are in fact pursued by businesses against other businesses. 

The libertarian Cato Institute, which dubbed the 90's the age of junk science and lumped implants in with alar and dioxins as a scare tactic of the anti-business flat-earth society left, airbrushed Dow into a martyr. By 1995 when it filed bankruptcy, the company had conveniently whittled down the claims against it by more than a billion dollars. As its CEO told shareholders, Dow was actually having its most profitable quarter and the Chapter 11 filing was simply a strategy to get on with business. The extent of Dow's rehabilitation was shown by the fact that saline implants were approved in May, 2000 followed in a narrow vote by silicone in October, 2003. The decision was a shocking display of the incest between government regulators and the industries they regulate, for four out of the nine voting members were themselves plastic surgeons. 

In this context, the FDA's February 8 reversal reinstating the silicone ban is a welcome decision, but doesn't address the question of saline implants. Although they were not studied separately, they were also a part of the Cancer Institute study. Saline has a shelf life and once sterility is lost has the potential for contamination by fungus and bacteria that can then cause systemic infections. It also has about a thirty percent chance of deflation in the first ten years, a much higher rate than silicone. 

Dr. Diana Zuckerman of the National Center for Policy Research for Women & Families (www.center4policy.org), a critic of the saline implants, points out that once approval is given, manufacturers have no incentive to improve the devices, women gain an unwarranted sense of security, and the FDA itself retains little ability to check if its guidelines are being followed. She points out that long-term effects aside, local problems are extensive and severe. For example, one recent manufacturer study itself showed that during the first five years of having saline implants, 45 percent of breast cancer reconstruction patients required additional unplanned surgery, 28 percent had their implants removed, 36 percent had capsular contracture, 18 percent had implants that had moved to the wrong place, 18 percent had breast pain, and 8 percent had implants that leaked or deflated. The rates of 10 other complications such as infections, tissue death and implants poking through the skin ranged from 3 percent to 7 percent each. And these are only the results at five years when most implants have not deteriorated. Deflation and rupture caused by wear and tear, breast trauma, undetected damage or shell weakness are further significant complications; one study found that 70% of removed implants 11 to 15 years old were ruptured or leaking. When the filling is silicone gel, the silicone can migrate to other parts of the body, cause reactions, and be difficult or impossible to remove while the saline if contaminated can cause systemic illness. All this is besides so-called "cosmetic" complications such as alterations in shape or volume of the breast, mammography interference, chest pain and nipple discharge. 

Neither the original surgery or most complications are covered under insurance, so many implanted women end up spending tens of thousands of dollars. Although experts like Dr. Neil Rose of Johns Hopkins University state that typical autoimmune disease is unconnected to implants and just naturally much more widespread in middle aged women than previously suspected, until controlled studies are conducted of 10-20 years in length for a sizeable population, all such conclusions are likely to be premature. Right now, implanted women are simply guinea pigs. Both types of implants need much more study before being used in women. 

Dow's strategy has only succeeded because it has managed to appropriate the language of self-empowerment and present the ban as an assault on women's autonomy whereas plastic surgeons have been systemically undermining women's autonomy by pushing to label quite normal variations in breast size and appearance as deformities in need of surgical correction, using terms like hypomastia for small breasts. If women's choice were being empowered, surgeons would also spend more time offering alternatives such as lift surgery or suction cups, which have had some success. But both these are one-time remedies whereas implantation offers the surgeon the potential for repeat surgery, can be performed quickly by a specialist, and permits a sizeable profit off the sale of each implant. In other words, implants are a moneymaking hustle in which, since the risks are still unknown even to the experts, the informed consent of the patient is frankly inoperative. 

In any case, cosmetic surgery that presents itself as a commodity open to the consumer's rational choice like any other forgets that surgeons are not vendors like car salesmen but trustees of their patient's health. And when the science that is supposed to guide them dispassionately in their trusteeship is instead synthesized to manipulate the patient, the contamination of patient trust and the profession of medicine are likely to be as toxic as leaking silicone.  

More News  

May 30, 2006, 6:52 pm CDT

I LOVE COSMETIC SURGERY!

Cosmetic surgery has really changed my life!  I lost a lot of weight and then I decided I wanted to have a more proportioned body and had breast implants.  I went from a 38B to 38D and love them!  I would do it over and over again.  I got 450 cc saline-filled implants and they look so natural and I really look great in my clothes.  After that I decided to get rid of my baby bulge and had a tummy tuck.  I have to say to all you ladies thinking of it ~ DON'T HESITATE ANOTHER MINUTE~.  It was the best thing ever for me.  Even though recently I have put back on a few pounds, my stomach is flat as ever and everything looks so nice on me.  No problems at all.  I then had liposuction of my hips, flanks, knees, inner/outer thighs and upper arms.  Love it!!  It just contoured everything nicely.  I also later had rhinoplasty which was just minor work - a little reshaping as I had huge nostrils.  Love that too!  If you just had so much $ and couldn't decide what to have done I would say have the TUMMY TUCK!.  It is worth a million dollars - I kid you not.  My husband did not think I needed it at all, but has always been very supportive, but after I had it he always comments on my flat stomach.  He loves it!!!  I think I'm done with cosmetic surgeries though.  Although recently I have had Botox around my eyes (love, love, love) and then finally just had Restylane around my lips and nasolabial folds and that is awesome!!!  Love it.    

So, even with the healing process (lipo takes a looong time to heal and all swelling to go away) and the pain (for me the breast augmentation was the worst pain, but for most it is the tummy tuck), you get through it just like anything else you have no choice about and in the end you just are in love with yourself!    

Also, although LASIK eye surgery is not cosmetic, well I guess it is in a way, but anyway, I just had LASIK done on my very nearsighted eyes (I wanted it for like 15 years but I was too scared) and I LOVE IT!  I can see so great without glasses or anything.  I highly recommend that too!  

May 31, 2006, 1:04 pm CDT

Looking Into Bariatric surgery

I am a 25 year old with two children and have ballooned to almost 300 lbs, if there is anyone out there that has been through this please reply. Thanks

June 1, 2006, 3:15 am CDT

Clear - my $.02

I believe every woman shouldn't go past a "C" there is absolutely no way a "D" looks proportionate on any woman's body.  Now you get lots of male attention in a sexual way not my idea of fun.  I'd rather them know me for what is between my cranium - not a breast fixation.  However, I got 2 plastic surgery facial procedures (1995/1997) and if the liposuction helped more power to you.

June 5, 2006, 7:39 pm CDT

To mscoffee:

Quote From: mscoffee

I believe every woman shouldn't go past a "C" there is absolutely no way a "D" looks proportionate on any woman's body.  Now you get lots of male attention in a sexual way not my idea of fun.  I'd rather them know me for what is between my cranium - not a breast fixation.  However, I got 2 plastic surgery facial procedures (1995/1997) and if the liposuction helped more power to you.
Hi there!  Thanks for your input.  But I have to disagree with you . . . everybody says that they look incredibly real and are very proportionate to my frame.  I am large-framed and have an athletic build and they suit me very well.  They wouldn't look proportionate on a thin, small-framed woman, but on me they are perfect and that is why I chose the size I did.  I could have actually went up a few more cc and still been proportionate.  I am a small D, not a real full D.  My husband has been very supportive in all my surgeries and I know if I wanted them changed out he would support that too.  You didn't say, but I assume you liked your two facial procedures.  I had lipo on my chin and jaw area but I'm not too happy with it - not enough difference.  I may eventually get a facelift, but I'm not sure yet.  Right now I'm doing Botox and Restylane and will probably go in for microdermabrasion next.  My skin is starting to show my age (40) and I would like to keep it looking as fresh as I can for as long as I can without surgery on my face.  Oh - BTW, the looks from other men are just for fun.  They just make me feel good about my body even though I know that 90% of the time it is just my body they are crooning over.  I already have a man who loves me for my heart and that is all I need - the rest is just "icing on the cake". 

June 29, 2006, 10:17 pm CDT

How Plastic Surgery Has Changed My Life

Quote From: hope911

Thank you so much for taking the time and interest to read my post, and for responding.  It’s too late today but I am going to do my best to find an attorney tomorrow!  Ya’ll have helped greatly to give me strength to keep on trying.  I can’t say thank you enough!

Thanks again,   hope911

Sounds like you had an allergic reaction to the medication during surgery your surgery..God Bless. Hope you find a great attorney and get compensated for all your pain and suffering!

July 7, 2006, 7:27 am CDT

to crusadercc

you need to stop yelling at everyone....we all understand what u r going through but for the love of GOD!!!   turn your caps off and stop writing 10 page comments of the same damn thing

July 9, 2006, 6:25 am CDT

To dyingyoung

I have read parts of your post and it is very redundant and way too lengthy for anyone to even get through it but I have to say that I wholeheartedly disagree with you.  I have saline-filled implants and have had no problems whatsoever.  It is very much a personal choice.  I do have reservations about the silicone implants and will probably never have those, but it is still the woman's choice.  I have typed medical reports on a daily basis, many of them cosmetic procedures, and have done so for the last 15 years and just once have I typed a problem with an implant - that being the silicone and it ruptured.  Other than that, minor little things that were easily fixed.  As far as worrying about results years down the line - I simply don't!  Why worry over something you don't know about?  I just have one life and I'm going to live it to the fullest extent possible.  I am very sorry for your trouble with implants though and think it is a very unfortunate thing.  I wish you well. 

July 25, 2006, 11:42 pm CDT

Cosmetic Surgery

I had upper and lower eyelid surgery for the simple reason I was so sick and tired of people saying to me "oh, you look so tired, didn't  you get any sleep."  My 38 year old stepdaughter was the last person to say it to me and that was the final straw.  

I booked myself in and had it done and have been very happy with result.  Only 4 people know about it and not even my step daughter has realised I have had it done.  Not sure if that is good or bad, LOL, but I do look so much better and it has given me a younger look.  At least no one has said how tired i look anymore, lol.  

I would contemplate having my saggy neck done but only because I want to do it, not for anyone else.  Having the amounts that some in hollywood have is not for me.  I want the least invasive surgery possible and with the great strides forward in cosmetic surgery these days, there are many things such as 'threads' which can be used instead of going under the knifet.  

I am currently investigating having this done ...is there anyone out there who has had their jowels and neck lifted this way??  

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last