Message Boards

Topic : I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

Number of Replies: 585
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:58:50 pm
Author : dataimport
Why are you interested in changing your appearance surgically? Let us know your story and reasons.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 12, 2008, 2:40 pm CDT

My teeth, also

Quote From: gingerc1

I am in my 60's and would like to have plastic surgery on my face and neck.  Even though I exercise daily and don't look bad for my age, the neck is beginning to sag and also the face.  I really would like to look presentable as long as I can, hence, the need for plastic surgery.  I am anxious about it, however, as I know the risk.  Has anyone in their 60s had the surgery, and if so, what were the results?
I also need extensive dental work.  And don't have dental insurance.  My teeth are worn down to almost nothing even though I wear a night guard, most of the time.

April 13, 2008, 8:03 am CDT

OMG

Quote From: labelfree

Can you or your staff please throw me a bone please?  Thank You.... 

P.s.s.s. If you are giving this out as a gift to me I just wanted to give you a BIG FAT THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART>>> 

If it's so some sort of trick question well....then....ya got me......but I think your too nice to do that to me....But if you did I am sure there is something great behind it because well as I have said to this whole world YOU SAVED MY LIFE and if it some sort of mind exercise Ill do it because hey your the guy with the letters after your name and your brain is great...Thanks for writting that darn great book again!  Alright but dont be mad at me though...Because I post all over your website....Thank YOU! 

OMG could you be more pathetic begging for free sugery?  I know, get a job if you don't have one or get a second one if you do and WORK for it.

April 16, 2008, 6:24 am CDT

Oh how I can dream!

I have had plenty of time to consider what I would have done. I actually sent in a tape to Extreme Makeover when it was still on. I am 25 and had polio when I was 3. I feel blessed that it only affected one of my legs, but the damge left behind from the polio and also having 4 kids is very apparent. I wear a brace on my right leg because polio affects the muscle function(which I have none of  on my right side from the top of my hip down to my toes. This has caused my right buttocks and leg to be extremely smaller than the left. I so desperately would love a booty implant to try and even them out. I also have a strawberry birthmark on my face that I would like lasered off. And the more obvious would be that I need a tummy tuck,some lipo and breast implants to try and reconfigure my body after having 4 children. I can dream right? :) I just feel like being such a young mom already sets peoples opnions of me right off the bat. I would love to be more confident in myself and I feel I would have more respect from new people that I meet.

April 24, 2008, 5:57 am CDT

questions about weight loss after gastric

i recently had my surgery back on november 6th of 2007, prior to going in for the surgery i weighed in at 324 lbs..it is now april 24th and i have slimmed down to a 250 lbs frame.

My idea weight goal is to reach 180 lbs and maintain that level of fitness, my question to some of the others who have had the surgery is this, I have been at a stall mate of 250 lbs for the last couple of weeks ( 4 to be exact)...is this something i should be worried about or with each platau you reach it takes a lil longer to get below that level and start to move down again?  Like i said i have only had the surgery about 5 months ago.

Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated

April 25, 2008, 7:35 am CDT

enquiry on plastic surgery

I have a twin sister who looks like Sophia Loren and when we go out people look at me like what happened to you. I do not want to look like her but a little nip and tuck would not hurt. I am 59 years old and starting to show my age.

May 15, 2008, 5:10 pm CDT

I want tummy tuck soooo bad

I want and need lipo and tummy tuck bad because I have lost 70 pounds and my belly is saggy and gross. The skin is also rubbing together and causing chapping and rashes that hurt and are disgusting. I have to coat the folds of my skin and groin area with baby powder 2-3 times daily. I wish there was a way to get a loan to pay for the surgery but I haven't found any. I have health insurance but I am pretty sure they do not cover any cosmetic surgeries. Does anyone know alternatives? Keep in mind I am from Mississippi and we are way behind on everything else in the States!

May 28, 2008, 1:52 pm CDT

WHY I WOULD LIKE PLASTIC SURGERY

I am 51 years old. I HAVE BEEN A AT GIRL ALL MY LIFE.  I was 10 and 120 lbs.  When I graduated high school I was 250 and not one guy in my class wanted to walk down the aisle with me.  I tried to commit suicide 4 times during my lifetime. I met a wonderful man, whom I never thought was sincere, until years later, who changed my view point on life.  I have probably lost 1000 pounds in my lifetime. I had gastric bypass in 1999. I was 391 when I signed up for the program.  Over a year later when I finally got to have the surgery I weighed 411.  I was one of those one in a million that had wound disruption and nearly died from the second surgery necessary 6 weeks later due to the wound disruption.  One year later I was 250.  It is now 2008 and I am still 250 - 265.  I have what you call an apron belly.  It hangs down and you literally ave to pick it up and tuck it in your pants.  I have to use special creams under my belly as I am always getting a yeast infection.  My legs are like tree trunks and I cannot remember ever in my lifetime having knee caps. One year ago I had a spinal column injury that left me paralyzed from the neck down for a couple of months.  After extensive in-house therapy I can use my hands, however still numb inside palms and limited motor skill function and sensory problems.  I am still numb from the waist down.  I am on a schedule for urinary and bowel functions.  So now with limited exercise, and the fact that I cannot feel my legs, the flab between my legs effects my walking function, sometimes causing me to not move one leg in front of the other causing me to stumble and lose my balance; sometimes causing me to fall.  When I applied for the gastric bypass, my doctor supported me citing many ailments that would improve.  Even with her suggestion that it would save my life, my insurance saw it as elective cosmetic surgery.  So I applied for a grant and borrowed the rest.  It took me 3 years to pay the cost of surgery off.  And now again, even with all the added reasons why it would be beneficial in my recovery from spinal cord syndrome, my insurance

will not cover any type of surgery related to weight loss.  My husband and I have cashed in our 401K's to make up for money lost while in recovery and until disability kicked in.  But, thankful as I am, the disability isn't anywhere near what I was earning.    

May 28, 2008, 7:36 pm CDT

i want plastic surgery because i feel i deserve it i just can't afford it . I am a 51 year old mother of four step mother to 12 grandmother to 14' plastic surgery would help my self asteem, put back in the job market and extend my life . I have the pers

June 19, 2008, 9:56 pm CDT

savingfacewithfaith

I want my husband to have plastic surgery to have his face put back on!!! Amelosblastic carcinoma took his nose, top lip, upper palate, facial and forehead bones and part of his brain in 2003. It is 2008 and we cannot come up with the funds to have his face put back on.

It seems very unfair to me. I love him dearly and just want him to have a "normal" life again. I want some normalcy in MY own life a gain.

It has been so hard!

June 22, 2008, 7:12 pm CDT

Gynecomastia

Yes i am currently 15 almost 16 and have gyne. I feel terrible about myself. I am very athletic but don't know what to do about my gyne. Plz help i really don't want to have surgery and miss sports for a long period. Plz help

Trevor

First | Prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | Next | Last